• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Testing Humanity (1x1) [Telios and SaphireTsuki)

Telios

Onyx Dragon
"So I'll be here... Learning." Telas walked out of the galatic station. He looked around and took out a picture of a silver-haired Roronian. They said my mentor should be around here somewhere...

@SaphireTsuki

Selena was standing, in search of a human called Telas. She looked around, glancing at her picture of him, a black-haired youth with green eyes... and here was one. Swiftly she stood, walking over to him with the soft click of her flat shoes on the echoing ground. Her hair, today tied back in a low ponytail, swayed behind her. "Excuse me, human. Are you the one called Telas?"

"Yes I am. You must be Selena?" Telas nodded before asking the Roronian looking like the one he was searching for.

"Yes, I am. Welcome to Cerian, our capital. You are the last to arrive, I believe." She waved him over, walking towards a cab near the road, on the ground waiting for it's next customer. "Anything in particular you'd like me to know ahead of time?"

"Well... Nothing for now." Telas shook his head, walking with Selena to the cab. He was the last to arrive? There are more people before him? Well it doesn't matter for now as he looked around before getting into the cab with Selena.

"I wouldn't worry too much, you've just got to learn what you can and live the rest of your life as you can." She told him, smiling slightly at him, opening the door of the cab for him. "Get in, we'll head to our quarters. After that I'll... introduce you to some of the others." He wasn't the only one here, but he was hers. And as such, she was determined to protect him from the other representative pairs.

"Yes, ma'am." Telas nodded at her before looking out of the window, looking at the city as the cab moved.

The city mostly consisted of large spires, and much greenery at the lower parts of the city, the cab floated just below the treeline, as is the set height for both humans and Roronians. Selena kept mostly quiet, watching the trees go past and looking out of the corner of her eye at Telas. He wasn't like other species she'd met, seemingly more calm, and certainly less violent, but then... she'd only known him for a few minutes.

Telas kept quiet and looked outside of the window before he turned to Selena and asked. "Correct me if I'm wrong but your species has some kind of telepathy, right?" He asked, a bit curious about The Roronians.

She paused, considering how much to answer, but decided there was no harm in telling him the whole truth. "Our kind is slightly empathetic. When we are in love our chests can glow a shade of red, and even hurt if we are separated from our love. Likewise new members of our kind who get injured can... send a distress signal? We feel pain of our new members if they are injured, but not as much as say... the one injured themselves."

"Hm... Wait. What do you mean about 'new members'?" Telas asked, more curious about the Roronians now.

"There is a ritual to make other sentient races Roronian, but I've never taken part in it." She explained, watching the cab turn in the direction of the academy they would be staying in.

"Hm. Cool." Telas said before looking outside again. He saw a happy Roronian family outside and sighed.

Selena, surprised by the soft sigh, signals the cab to slow down, turning to face him. "Is something wrong, Telas?"

Her eyes narrowed, looking at him with the kind of worry a mother would her child, but more... well, more youthful. Much like a close friend, in fact. "I hope one day you can trust me enough to be honest." She told him, once more turning to the road, stifling a sigh before it escaped her.

Her eyes constantly flicked to Telas as they finally arrived at the Academy, only stopping once she was getting out of the car, feeling decidedly awkward. Yes, it truly was odd for her....

"So this is where I'm going to study?" Telas asked, looking at the school once he was outside.

"Yes, this is where you and I will be studying." He on other alien races, and she on humans. She was tasked with understanding them as well as possible, though she didn't understand why.

"Well... Should we get going?" Telas asked while looking at Selena, nodding to the large building.

She nodded, walking forward. It would take much work to get to know him, she understood that now. He wasn't like the Roronians, who were... mostly open. But he was closed, as though something had happened that affected him deeply.

The academy was carefully crafted, signs in many languages pointing to different parts of it, and a large holographic map in the middle of the room for those who could see it. "Do you want a tour, or just to head to our rooms?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back