• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Terminator: Change the Future (Open)

Mal hops out of a chopper, assault rifle slung over her back, helmet in her hand as she wipes the sweat off her brow and from behind her ears, and quickly dons again after running her chestnut hair back into place with her fingers that look dry and cracked from wind exposure. She looks around, assessing the situation, seeing the gaping hole, she begins to head that way but pauses seeing the otherworldly visitor. Mal assesses her outfit and thinks, they have style where she lives. She listens to John from a little ways off.
Rey awaits John's answer, noting the arrival but thinking nothing of her at the moment.

"The name's REY!" she says, to John Connor seeing him as the leader, "can someone please explain to me, what is going on?"

Mal moves to the hole, putting her personal curiosities aside. She grabs a rappelling rope and begins to descend after the other soldiers. One yells up at her, “the water’s fine, jump on in!” Mal booms, “Bound to be messy and I just got my nails done! Too bad.” She laughs inwardly at her own joke, her nails haven’t been done in what feels like years. She grips the rappelling rope and kicks out. “Do we have boots down yet? How far down does this thing go?”

John was going to explain more and looked up for a second as Ray explained.

“Yes, this is the year 2018.” John nodded but then noticed another one of his soldiers land nearby.

John looked between Ray and then eyed the soldiers "I should go, you are welcome to join the Resistance on a mission if you wish. "

Up to Rey if she joins John for a mission while he goes on a mission for General Olson.

John is heading toward the hole with his other soldiers down below.

DawnBreaking DawnBreaking PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Last edited:
John nods "General Olson requests us to check out this odd hole down below, it contains something big."

Connor goes down the rope the other soldiers take and nod, as he slides down the rope.

He notices his group down below as he lights a flare and throws it below, letting the flare hit the ground and light up the area for everyone before everyone lands.

Rey looks down the hole, and just JUMPS!

Using the Force to slow down her fall as she lands at the bottom.

Then with a distinctive VROOM, she ignited her lightsaber - ILLUMINATING the bottom.

It gave plenty of time for the Resistance soliders and John Connor to make it down with a clomp next to her, the flare giving a short lighting burst along with Ray’s lightsaber lighting up the area down below

INT. UNDERGROUND FACILITY/CORRIDOR - NIGHT

Underneath in the dark, the area looks reddish and reminds everyone of Skynet environments. With less need for lighting, the soldiers flick on the helmet lights and inside they would find several BANKS of Electronics and a dozen fixed, industrial robots engaging in various tasks. Some of the soliders take out the room and the machinery collapses.

One of the soldiers looks over at the others “Clear!”

However, the next room inside contains something a little more gross:

There are tubes and fiber optic cables running into dozens of glass cylinders filled with a translucent Pink Liquid. Some of the soldiers search the room but John’s light moves onto a a mass of tissue which is a human brain in a tube.

The man blinks “What is it, sir?”

“A human brain.”

Just before anyone could say anything, a deafening roar is heard in the dark.

Mal flicks her light on and readies her weapon, having reached the bottom with the others. The roar causes all of them to stand ready, Mal eases her fingers to the trigger ready to blast whatever is making that noise. She glances over at John and Rey, and back in the direction of the roar. A bit of remorse surfaces being back in a Skynet facility, especially upon seeing the brain(that belonged to a person), and even more determination with it. “Ready when you are!”

John growls and other soldiers blink at that stuff in the cylinders which contained a lot of human parts (brains, arms, anything you can imagine)

One solider says "What the HELL did we find down here? There's a lot of shit you need to see."

Not only that down below in the area, but there was actually human prisoners down below in the cells, scared, tired and hungry.

"Objective located, Olson." John said in his comms

Another soldier yelled out orders "Got what we came for, Barbarossa! The clock's ticking!"
"Spread out, search the perimeter."

"I got a big gap over here!"

John sighed "Why didn't we know about this?"

Barbarossa muttered "Sir, I think this is what Command was looking for. I'm in their source code. These people are being taken to Los Angelous."

"Some sort of R and D for a new... terminator project."

Olson growled "Send it to command."

Barbarossa said "It's uploading, give me a few minutes"

John turned "Wait, wait, hold on a minute, and stop.

(A model T-800 #450 appears on the computer screen)

"A new terminator model.. Just like you said it was going to be."

Olson grunted "Connor, keep your nose out of that, none of your business. You're not leading this mission." Alright, let's cut these sorry bastards out of here."

"Jericho, Come in! Connor, get your ass topside and remind those men they need to answer me on the radio even if they are dead."

John sighs and turns to the others "Come on, we got to get up Topside. Olson's request."

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss DawnBreaking DawnBreaking

Last edited:
Mal helps get the people out of their cells and assists the injured and weak prisoners to the lifts prepared for them. One by one, these are the victims of Skynet. She can’t help feeling the devastation that has led these people to this place. As she aids the last one to the lift, Mal says bruskly, “That’s the last one, if they make it to LA I hope they find something better waiting for them there. What a damn shame that it has come to this.” She gets on the lift with the last one, wondering what Olson has next for them. Only a moment to afford thinking of her life before, everything had so much promise, to end up shooting robots was not in her 5 year life plan.

The next job was coming out of the hole, John got held up as there was Resistance soldiers dead on the ground near him. "Topside, Report!" Olson growled.

"Enemy aircraft incoming, I'm in pursuit. He knew he needed to protect those citizens being lifted off and the other soldiers lifting off.

Rey or Mal could join John or go off another way.

John was going after a human prisoner transport but the pilot inside driving was dead.

Olson repeated in John's mike "Connor, we are joining you -BOOM!-

Anyone inside the copter with John would feel shaken and hit the top of the copter, hopefully not hurt.

"Is everyone ok?"

Rey felt sick to her stomach the moment they saw the humans and their poor, poor conditions. What could have done this? She had so many questions.

She was just about to ask when she caught an exchange between this John Connor and an General Olson. It appeared to be a small power struggle, if she had any sense of the situation.

One or another, they made it out - only to find dead bodies. Rey had so many questions! Who was that person on the screen? He looked intimidating. What did they mean by a T-800? What did that designation mean? Was he a clone?

SO MANY BLOODY QUESTIONS!!

Rey would join John on his quest! She has questions.

-------------------------

Meanwhile John's group would be watched by an unknown presence in the corn-field. Like Rey, the Green Spider was displaced. Unlike Rey, she stayed hidden and watched. She saw the group of solders go into the HOLE. And was also there to see what happened on the surface!

darkred darkred

Mal felt strange to be working close to John Connor, she had climbed into his copter after the people were loaded, how had life thrown her a curveball like this? “Snap out of it Mal” she muttered and suddenly BOOM! The aircraft was shaken and she almost fell over after hitting her head on the ceiling. “Thank goodness I had my helmet on! I’m fine. What happened? Are they firing at us? That’s a twist.”

John looked up and noticed he wasn’t alone but Mal was with him and Ray was with him “Shit… You alright, Sgt (Mal) and Rey? He pushed the seatbelt off of him and checked if she was hurt before looking out the window. “Not sure what happened out there but there was something that hit us but I’m checking to make sure we are ok before we continue.

Before he could check things out after checking to make sure Rey and Mal was alright, he crawled out of the ship.

There was the explanation for the topside soldiers being downed. A small mushroom cloud near them.

“Rey, That person on the screen, that was a T-800. It’s an advanced machine just going into production. They meant there’s a new.. Terminator being made. John bit his tongue, not sure how much to reveal on how Skynet makes its terminators.

“They put human skin and blood on the terminators to blend in with us all.”

Suddenly, when nobody looked, a terminator still alive jumped Connor and tried to pull him down. The nearest gun was on the ship nearby but Connor and the terminator was near.

One of you can choose to get to the remaining copter and shoot at the terminator, getting the machine off Connor and getting him loose.

But there was now another problem, another otherworldly figure appeared a distance away and peered at John’s group.

What would they do?

The Green Spider would stay hidden, and watch. Besides they were certain that the solider's campanions would dispatch the ... machine. They would peer at the distant group for a moment longer and then start crawling toward the HOLE!

Rey, on the other hand, would take action - igniting her lightsaber and swinging at the "terminator" with all her might.

Yet the terminator doesn't immediately go down, even as the lightsaber cuts through its arm - severing it away.

darkred darkred DawnBreaking DawnBreaking

“Arrrraaaagh!” Mal roars, utterly frustrated and angry, as her boots dig and cut through the field as she runs for the other ship.

Watching all around her as she runs, she catches a glimpse of something going in the hole. (No way Mallory, get a grip!) She can’t shake it off so she stores it for later. As she stumbles aboard the ship, lungs and legs burning and trembling, she gets in the gunner seat and swivels the gun in John’s direction, “Steady Mal!!”

She aims, her hands shaking, her mind running through all of the training scenarios that she went through in the little ‘Boot Camp’ they ran her through. She has a split second to decide, shoot John and hopes he plays dead or try to hit the damned robot. Will she even kill him? (There’s no time to doubt yourself now Mal, get on with it!)

She has the terminator in her sights, all she can do is aim, hope for the best and pull the trigger. She squeezed the trigger gritting her teeth and aiming at the terminators left armpit, it’s so close to John that it’s scary. it wouldn’t be the first time John would be in a tight spot but it’s the first time Mal has had to try and help him out of it.

She fired again at the legs of the Terminator, Hoping to God not to hit John. Cutting the Terminator off of John, she screamed a guttural scream and held the trigger down, pelting it with rapid fire trying to knock it down. “ Why won’t you just die already?!!”

John grits his teeth, trying to hold what was left of the terminator from choking him to death even though Ray literally cut a arm off the terminator itself.

"Fuck" as John tried to throw what was left of the terminator body who just didn't die, the red eyes still shone through the metallic beast. Just when things went bad, Mal was able to shoot the terminator filling it with multiple bullets as John barely scraped a arm that still was active. "Fucking... metal beast, JUST DIE!"

Maybe the red part was key to doing something?

Rey reacts quickly, plunging her lightsaber through the chest but making sure not to stab John Connor! The lights though stay on.

There’s a faint humming sound that can be heard coming from the sky. If John Connor were to look, he would see a HK coming his way. It’s a dot now.

The Green Spider’s spider sense goes as she is midway through this hole.

darkred darkred DawnBreaking DawnBreaking

Mal keeps the bullets flying, aiming more for the head, gritting her teeth, white knuckling it out.

God don’t let me hit him, she prays silently. She sees Rey plunge the lightsaber in, (what the hell is that) and she concentrates on the head, remembering the brain, (they must have collected them for a reason!)

Bullets just more bullets til it stops, then another and another. (we have got to find where they are making these things from, shut down the freak factory)

Mal grimaces, pausing to assess the situation, is he dead yet?

The terminator falls to the floor, hand inches from John Connor’s face when it’s lights dim and eventually GO OUT!

Rey looks at the “corpse” of the terminator. She had never before seen a droid like this. It was humanoid with a metal chrome skeleton. It looked intimidating.

“And You’re saying they put SKIN over that?!”

The dust began to settle around Mal as she paused to assess the scene. She sees John climbing out from under the bot, and Rey looking disgusted and curious all at once. Her fingers loosen from the trigger, unaware of the cracked and bleeding knuckles and the nail she broke grabbing the door.

Mallory radioed John, “Connor, are you alright? You didn’t look so hot there for a second.” Then she hears it, a low pitched droning sound. “Do you hear that, Connor? What is that?” She pivots the gun to look around, suddenly seeing the HK.

“Oh shit.”

Mal doesn’t waste a second, her fingers lock onto the trigger, blasting off rounds. “Let’s welcome the new arrival to our party with some confetti shall we? Let’s give em the best welcome!”

A steady stream of rounds pepper away at the HK, but Mal realizes it’s more of a way to say I’m not going down without a fight. Still determined to do all she can, she hammered away at the HK

"I'm fin- Sgt?! SHIT! HK!"

John growled and knocked Rey to the side "Be CAUTIOUS. One hit can kill anyone here!"

The HK's laser hit the ground and nearly nicked the ground near Mal.

John is suddenly pushing himself up and dusting himself off, making sure he has the right rounds to take down a HK.

The giant H-K would take the right weapons to take down but it would take a few well-placed shots to the ship.

"What is that!?" Rey exclaimed as John Connor starts searching for some ballistic rounds to put into the ship before her. Seeing no other way, she threw her lightsaber at one of the engines presumably.

The lightsaber would slice across one of the engines, causing it to dip a whole bit.

"That thing is trying to get at me. At this rate, I'm in targeting."

The ship started to shake to try to get back up and get at Connor, it's main target."

But the injuries to one of its engines made it dip "Holy shit, you took on a HK by itself?!"

John took moments and finally found a ballistic round, loading it up, now shooting another engine.

"Mal, check.. are you ok?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back