• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Teen Titans: Define "Love" (BBRAE)

Sicarius

Shadow Prince
Supporter
A cute little BBRAE idea I came up with to help me and @Shai with our hold on the characters. I will be taking the role of Beast Boy, while she will take Raven's.

Plotline:

Raven and Beast Boy have always had their differences. In fact, almost everything about the two were different. They were such the opposites, that even Night and Day were perplexed when the two began to develop feelings for one another. As Raven's emotions begin to become out of control, and Beast Boy losing focus in battle, The Titans become disarrayed. With Robin trying to find the source of the problem, the romantic tension between the two becomes forced. As it becomes much harder for them both to hide their feelings for one another, things begin to happen. Will Beast Boy and Raven be able to maintain their normal selves and hide their secrets? Or will they both be entangled in the love they secretly both wished they shared?

Beast Boy and Raven currently are unaware of each other's attraction to one another, and there is no set storyline for what they are supposed to do. Everything will be completely character driven.

Enjoy
!

Raven sat on the floor of her darkened bedroom. A book lay open by her knees, one she had been seemingly reading for hours. But she hadn't truly been reading.

Her mind was constantly on him. Thinking, fantasizing, remembering... him. Always him.

A flush came to her cheeks, but of frustration or embarrassment of the realization, she did not know.

She stared at the page full of incomprehensible words. She tried forcing her mind to focus on the words and lay out their images. She could not.

Finally, she tossed the book aside, out of anger, and rose.

Melting inside her cloak, she left her chambers to get something to eat. Hoping a distraction could bring her back to her senses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beast Boy was in his usual spot. Well... technically his "usual spot" consisted of three places: the kitchen, the couch, or his bedroom. Today however, he was swaying to the music that was blaring through his headphones as he flew about the kitchen putting together his lunch. The exquisite; all refined and delightful...

Veggie-Burger.

Yum! How this magnificent creation always made his heart melt... and his stomach growl. Then again, it always growled. That was just the Beast inside of him! Or.. rather, his beastly appetite. Either way, this lump of veggie goodness was the bringer of Beast Boy's ultimate sense of joy. As the juicy tender piece of "burger" lay upon the perfectly seared buns, Garfield could not wait to devour such a work of art. Humming to himself as he grabbed the plate that was the pedestal for his veggie-burger, Beast Boy made his way to the table. Licking his lips furiously, the changeling took a large bite out of it, chewing violently and crudely as Raven entered the kitchen. "Hey Rae-Rae!" He greeted with a muffled sound as he spoke with his mouth full. Bits and pieces of food flew through the air as he spoke.

Raven halted as Beast Boy spoke. Giving a bored, and disgusted glare at the flying food she muttered one syllable. "Ew." Her monotonous tone gave off obvious disgust.

Remind me again why I have positive feelings for this... Raven couldn't finish that thought, as she had no word for him. She turned away from him, and began to gather ingredients with her magic.

A black aura surrounded the butter as she set it in the heated pan, preparing grilled cheese. Something she had grown to love. Once the fried bread, with a gooey melted cheese centre, was finished, crisp to desire, she moved it to a plate. Then sat as far away from Beast Boy as possible.

While many aspects about him were likable, his eating habits made her want to vomit.

What was it about him that captured her attention in such a...

I have no idea.
But there was something there. There always had been. Even now, there was something about him that drew out something within her.

No matter how much she fought.

"Ahhhh! No meat! Been like'n the food choices lately momma! Have you decided to switch sides?" Beast Boy leaned in as he raised his eyebrows up and down. With Beast Boy being a vegetarian, there came many hardships. Everyone on the team save for him ate meat, and while he never complained-

Okay, so maybe he did complain... sometimes.

But the thing was, with him being able to turn into any animal, eating meat kinda gave him a bad vibe. Would that make him a cannibal? Whatever happened to the poor animal that was slaughtered violently for its meat? So with good intentions and morals, Garfield Logan refused to eat the dastardly mounds of slain creatures. Of course, this caused occasional tension between teammates, but strangely with Cyborg in particular. Although Cyborg was his best friend, their arguments would sometimes be taken to another level that was way past the extent of the others'. All in all, Beast Boy just did NOT eat meat. So it was always exciting for him to see someone eating something other than the food choice he resented.

Especially if it was Raven.

As time went on, he had began to develop strong feelings for her. It all started when the Teen Titans were first formed. When the two met for the first time, something within Beast Boy made him want to know this person. This demon, this, dark empath; who was the polar opposite of his entire being. She interested him, not because she was attractive (even though she is), but because she was completely different from everything he had known. And when he got the serious, menacing and sometimes cruel sorcerer to smile and laugh, Beast Boy had made it his life's mission that day to make that girl laugh at any of his jokes as much as he could. Something about making this complicated person laugh is what drove him to act the way he did around her. While he was always the jokester, he never had any real purpose or challenge when he made the others laugh. Raven? No, she was one tough cookie. However, if he did manage to make her laugh, he would always smile. Usually she would only laugh when she cause considerable amounts of pain to him when she would throw him at a wall with her magic, or when she would counter his joke with a sarcastic remark, but nevertheless he enjoyed it all the same. But now? Now, was different. It went from something as simple and innocent to something so much more. As years passed, Beast Boy had learned to read her like no one else. He began to understand her in ways even she could not comprehend. For some... odd reason, the little changeling knew her almost better than she knew herself. Even though they bickered and fought most of the time, when it counted, the two were close and often comforted each other. Especially, to Beast Boy's surprise, Raven comforted him after what had happened to Terra when the whole Slade incident occurred. He regretted those few precious moments however, ones in which he had turned her away. Now he was wishing he hadn't. The whole point to it all? He was madly in love with her now. As he grew to know her more, whether they both wanted to admit to it or not, the both of them had developed a strong friendship around trust and comfort. They could share their feelings with one another and could connect better than anyone else ever could. Because of this, attraction towards her began to happen. He started to take notice of her curves that were usually hidden behind her long cloak, and he indulged in the sweet lavender scent from the shampoo she used in her hair. The way her shoulders hung down as she floated about, but raised if she was feeling slightly embarrassed or aggravated. How cute she looked when she was meditating, her eyes closed as her face looked young and innocent. He admitted that he had snuck into her room a couple of times when she was meditating. All of these things, all happened because he wanted to make one person happy.

And now he wanted to do so even more.

He was drawn to her complexity, and the difference of her entire persona. He longed for her now... although he wouldn't admit to it. He didn't deny his feelings when thinking to himself, but he tried not to focus on it. Occasionally however he had let himself go a couple of times, with him ogling her during training or smelling her undergarments when it has his turn to do the laundry. No one knew or was aware of what he felt for her, and that included Raven. While he had noticed a bit of change in her, Beast Boy felt he could not tell her how he truly felt. Being all a part of one team allows for things to happen between the opposite sexes that normally wouldn't happen under different circumstances; but that didn't mean she felt the same way towards him. Being a part of the team was also a curse, for if she found out how he felt, it could cause damage to their overall team chemistry.

Still, he hoped she felt at least... something.

@Shai

"Um, no." Raven sighed, taking a bite out of the sandwich. She wished silently she put turkey in the sandwich just to jab at him.

A silence fell over the table. One she was partially happy for. She could eat in silence.

She remembered telling him, on multiple occasions, that she wouldn't become a vegetarian, but he never gave up.

It was something she hated about him.

But... also something she liked..

Though she wouldn't admit it, she was extremely drawn to him. Something inexplicable was pushing them together.

She stole a glance in his direction, and saw him eating messily. And with his mouth open.

Ew.

Of course, it wasn't his eating habits, or overall hygine, that drew them together. In fact, she couldn't determine what it was at all in this moment. She felt herself leaning away from him, though the distance between them should have been enough, to try and get away from the loud noises his mouth was making. By Azarath if any crumbs, or God knows what else, flung in her direction she would-

Do what?

She couldn't destroy him. That would be too quick.

And she would miss him.

What?

Denial.

Yes, she was in denial. That was a place she was happy with.

But it wasn't the place fate had in mind to keep her.

@Sicarius

"Too bad all the other Titans are out. I am stuck with Ms. Buzzkill over here." Beast boy mumbled as he took another hearty bite of his meal. In truth however, he was glad everyone else were gone. He loved the idea and opportunity of Raven and him being alone. While they may not really get anything accomplished between the two, at least... he got to spend some kind of time with her. Worst case scenario? He would be able to sneak in a few peeks at her body a little here and there.

It was strange though. Why would someone like him be interested by someone so... so...

Morbid.

I guess I just don't see her that way. When I look at her I see... beauty. Pure untainted, beauty...

@Shai

"Poor you." She said sarcastically. She hadn't fully taken note of the fact they were alone. That thought made her stomach drop, but in a good way or bad, she was unaware. "Where-uh-are they, anyway?" She asked glancing around at the empty room.

You mean: How long will they be gone? Something inside of twitched slightly at the audacity of her thoughts. She focused strictly on the half-eaten sandwich in her hands, and took another bite. But she wasn't hungry anymore. Something was.. unsettled in her stomach.

Oh God, I need to get out of here. She thought, picturing a book she could be alone reading. Instead, however, she stayed seated, for some reason, with the excuse of her almost gone sandwich.

What excuse would she have once it was gone?

@Sicarius

"Well... Robin and Star are seeing the new Star Wars movie before they head out to that fancy new restaurant that opened up behind Barkley's. Cy went with Bumble Bee to some robotics convention or something... I dunno. He was really excited about it when he told me, although I think it was mainly because Bumble Bee called it a 'date'." He answered Raven as he looked at her. Her head was turned away, giving Beast Boy the magnificent view that was her cloak. Pity, the only thing he could ever really see was her face, and that was only when she was actually turned towards him. Still, even though she was covered from head to toe, she made his heart beat faster than a cheetah could run.

Raven had the special talent of being able to pick up on people's feelings and emotions. He only hoped she couldn't sense what he was feeling right now...

@Shai

"Oh." Raven mumbled. "And you just decided to stay here?" She knew she was being rude, but only a small part of her cared. Truthfully, she was glad he was here, but she wouldn't dare show it.

Taking the last bit of her sandwich, she dusted off the crumbs and stood, creating a loud scraping noise from the chair. From there one she levitated back toward the kitchen to make some tea.

Maybe the herbal tea will bring me back to my senses? A part of her hoped. She hated this tearing feeling. She knew what he did to her, but she didn't want to chance showing it to him. She wanted to go back to sarcastic remarks and friendly banters. Before she took notice of how he made her heart flutter, and brought a blush to her cheeks. Before her sarcasm turned to flirting. Before she took notice of how.. attractive she found him. Before he began to stir emotion within her.

But she was too far in. So far, that it hurt not to act on her romantic emotions. That it was too hard to dust them under the carpet. It confused her how she didn't mind.

Shaking her head, as if to toss the thoughts out, she realized she had just been floating in the kitchen for a few minutes, doing nothing. Using her magic, she focused in on what she would need and quickly made the hot herbal blend, then brought it to her. With one hand, she lowered her hood, and stole a glance in his direction.

What if he already knows? That thought brought an unsettling amount of panic within her. Steadily, she took a deep breath. Gripping the mug, Raven brought the steaming cup up to her face and inhaled. The soothing aroma of the tea calmed her dramatically. She was overreacting. Besides, if he already knew, he would have said something about it already. Right?

@Sicarius

"Oh my gosh why didn't you tell me! After all this time!" Beast Boy let out with a panicked scream. "It was so obvious! Why didn't I see this when it was right in front of my face for THE longest time?!" Beast Boy got up and walked towards Raven. He was shaking almost in anticipation. He looked her in the eye, and paused for a moment before showing his communicator to her. "Kid Flash and Jinx hooked up!" Beast Boy cried as Kid Flash was on the display screen

"Yup, that's right! We have been for some time actually. It all just happened so... fast."

"Dude. Everything that involves you is fast."

"True true grass stain, true true. Well I gotta go, it's Taco night... and I gotta get dressed."

"Aight. See ya dude."

*beep*

As Beast Boy hung up, he noticed Raven had an odd expression on her face. He had never seen her look like this before. "You okay Rae?" He asked her with concern.

@Shai

Raven felt frozen to the floor. He couldn't mean... A mixture of shock and fear gripped her. She heard Beast Boy's voice, but after the first two sentences, couldn't hear the words. Her ears were ringing, until she heard another voice.

What?

She slowly came back to her senses. Confusion took over, as Kid Flash and Beast Boy continued conversation. Jinx. He was talking about Kid Flash and Jinx. So he didn't mean... Raven sighed inaudibly as relief washed over her, but also disappointment. Raven felt completely out of place inside her body, and mind. She also felt completely stupid. Of course he didn't! Why would he? Why, indeed. Raven once more gripped her cup, as she focused on his words.

"You okay, Rae?" He asked her. Concern was evident in his voice. Raven blinked, and sunk into her cape, hiding.

"I'm fine." She snapped. With her tea in hand, she moved to leave. She had to meditate, to figure out what was wrong and how to stop it. Once he was out of sight, Raven slowed down and cosed her eyes briefly. She took one calming breath, then continued towards her room.

@Sicarius

Beast Boy shrugged as he watched Raven disappear from the entrance to the kitchen. Something clearly agitated her, or at least... something was conflicting in her mind. Knowing Raven all too well, she was most likely going to her room to meditate. Aside from reading, Raven really didn't do much; and when she wasn't doing anything... she was meditating.

Feeling bored with nothing to do and curiosity overcoming him, the changeling sought after Raven. So maybe she wouldn't play video games with him again... but at least they could do something together. Besides, he wouldn't want to lose to a girl...

Again.

He wasn't expecting a miracle to happen where she would want to watch some comedies or do all the other stupid things him and Cy would do around the Tower, but perhaps she would at least be willing to conversate with him. It would at least help with team bonding to an extent.

Ha. Team bonding... good one Garfield.

So then we all climb into her bed and
"bond"... as a team?

You guys are ridiculous.

How, we're you.

Beast Boy let out a sigh as he followed the trail of lavender scent that emitted from Raven. He approached her door and knocked on it. "Raven..? Can I come in?"

@Shai

Raven was levitating on her bed, trying to focus. Her eyes were shut in concentration, as she searched herself. Frustration consumed the girl, as she found she could not focus enough. There was too much on her mind, in her heart. Emotions were flooding her. She glanced at her mirror.

Guess I'll have to go in another way. She thought just as a knock sounded from her door, and she heard Beast Boy's voice from the other side.

"Raven...? Can I come in?" He asked. She wanted to shout no, but her feet were moving towards the door before she could register it. Before she knew it, she was at the door, and it was opening slightly.

"What do you want?" She asked as she glanced at him through the small opening. She made sure to keep her tone, and facial expressions expressionless, not wanting to give off her inner battle. But Beast Boy knew her well, he could see right through her. And it frustrated her more than anything, but it also...

No. Definitely not going there. She thought as she felt her heart pounding in her chest. She caught his scent, and while a part of her, the part that she showed everyone, found it revolting. But another, more hidden part, lost it's breath at it. Not-so-innocent images filled her mind, asking questions she had wondered before. What would it feel like to have him close? Would his hands he rough or soft? She had felt his hands before, but she hadn't thought it over.

What about his lips? As the question entered her mind, her eyes suddenly flickered towards his lips. Then she quickly looked back up, and darted her eyes.

This. This is why I need to meditate. She also longed for more hot tea, but she knew she couldn't risk leaving the confines of her bedroom. Even this small crack had done enough damage. She had to get rid of him before she did something stupid.

And quick.

@Sicarius

Scratching his head, Beast Boy flushed slightly as he spoke about his intentions to Raven. "I just thought we could maybe... you know, hang out or something. Especially since everyone else is gone. I really have nothing to do haha..." He said sheepishly, not making eye contact.

What would they even do? Raven was almost never interested in doing anything, and simply asking her to conversate was like asking someone to jump off a bridge for you. If she did it for one's sake, she made sure you knew it.

You know... you could always tell her you want to have sex with her.

WHAT?! Are you insane?! Do you want us to be split into millions of microparticles?

Will it really feel
THAT good?

@Shai

"I need to meditate." She said as though she were being forced. She knew how he would take it, so before she gave it thorough thought, she said, "But maybe after?" Her eyes went a bit wider as she said it. A part of her wanted to hit herself for allowing those words to pass her lips.

What have you done? She berated herself. She knew he wouldn't forget, and would probably knock on her door every five minutes to ask if she was done.

He would have done that anyway, though. She knew it was true, too. Glancing at him, she made her rules. "But, you have to let me have peace. No knocking on my door, I'll come to you when I'm done. And I'm not doing anything stupid." She felt content with her rules, enough to make eye contact, and dare him to disagree with even one of them.

@Sicarius

Beast Boy's eyes lit up. "Oh-uh...sweet! Yeah uh, okay!" He said to her as his ears raised along with his signature cheeky grin. "Yeah... see you in a bit then?"

Beast Boy's heart began to pump with tremendous speed. He couldn't believe Raven had actually made time to hang out with him. It was almost completely out of character for her to do so.

What would we even do....

I know what you could do!

Really.

Beast Boy stood there silently as Raven began to slowly shut her door.

@Shai

I need to get in control of my emotions. She thought as she levitated towards a quiet place, her bed. If all else fails, she did have her mirror. Her eyes stared at the object for a moment, before deciding against it.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos..." She whispered as she began her soft mantra. The world around her melted away, as she began to meditate, gaining her control back.

@Sicarius

Beast Boy walked back to the common room and dove onto the couch. He eased into it, allowing it to mold around his body. Grabbing the remote, he turned on the TV and allowed himself to be consumed by it. Maybe time would go by faster if he got caught up by some show.

What seemed like hours only turned out to be minutes, ten to be exact. He looked at the time on the cable box to his dismay, saddened by the fact that things were moving slowly.

@Shai

About an hour later, Raven lowered herself back onto her bed feeling refreshed and content. She took a few deep breaths before opening her eyes.

Time to go. She thought, slipping off her bed with grace. She walked out of her bedroom, and towards the common room, expecting to see Beast Boy. Then she felt her heart pounding against her ribcage, and felt her hands shake slightly. Clinching her fist, she realized they had become slightly moist due to sweat.

I feel... apprehensive... Why am I nervous? It's just Beast Boy. She scoffed in her mind, trying to strangle the caped emotions. She knew the truth though, and no matter how hard she fought, it would always surface.

Walking through the doors, she noticed the light, and sounds coming from the tv. Stepping down the steps, she neared the couch.

@Sicarius

In a matter of seconds, Beast Boy had fallen asleep. His body lay motionless on the couch with his one hand clutching the remote loosely, while his other free hand was draped off of the couch.

In his mind, he was indulging in one of his greatest fantasies with the one and only, Raven. As he occasionally tossed and turned, Beast Boy muttered her name in a moan to the Raven in his erotic dream. "Raaaven...."

@Shai

As Raven neared the couch, she heard her name in a soft moan. She froze completely.

Did he just..? No, no, he couldn't have.. But I- Her mind was whirling at the soft noise coming from the couch. Then she heard it a second time, and her heart was suddenly pounding, or maybe it had been all along. She made fists with her hands, and took a deep breath. Nearing him, she decided to wake him up and-

And what? Confront him about it? No way. It was probably an accident, or out of pain.. But the emotions coming from him screamed what her mind already knew. Her mind whirling, heart pounding, she decided to end this. She looked over at sprawled out pillows, and focused as she telekinetically picked them up, and pelted him with them.

@Sicarius

"Mmm- AGH GOD MOTHER SWIZTERLAND CHEESE BOWL OF CYANIDE!!!" Beast Boy hollered as Raven continuously bombarded him with pillow attacks. While he raised his hands over his head to protect himself, questions ran through his mind as he wondered why the sudden onslaught. His heart then dropped when he realized that the empath could probably pull his feelings from his wet dream.

Eyes widened in horror, Beast Boy managed to grab one of the pillows and used it to shield himself. "AH! Raven!!! What the heck is this for?!" It was honestly a stupid question, because he already knew why.

Oh was he going to get it now. Where would she transport him this time? Probably to the moon with no helmet to keep his head from exploding. What a way he would go out...

@Shai

"I didn't leave my room for you to sleep the whole time." She answered with a bored tone, and stopped the pillows, placing them back where they belonged neatly. Honestly, she could have just left. Gone back to her room with the excuse that he was asleep.

Why didn't I do that? She questioned herself, but she already knew the answer. No matter how much he annoyed her, or how much she wanted to kill him sometimes, she wanted to be with him. To spend time with him.

"So, what are we doing, exactly?" She inquired, hoping the change of subject would shift the emotions coming from him. She focused on blocking them, but they were too strong. They made her confused, indecisive, and scared. She decided to put the lid back on her emotions, and tried to focus on the task at hand.

@Sicarius

Slightly relieved that he wasn't about to be obliterated, Beast Boy lowered his pillow and bit his lip. "Well I mean... Whatever you want to do. I know you don't like video games... our movie choices are very limited... Uhm..." Beast Boy thought hard. "Maybe we could pick up a pizza or go somewhere?" He suggested. He slightly blushed when he realized what he was saying could be taken differently.

@Shai

Users who are viewing this thread

Back