• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Teen (character ages 16-19) Mystery Drama RP

Where would you prefer the RP to start?

• Shortly after they return.

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • When the changes start (symptoms, etc...).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When they start searching for the truth.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

A lecto

Imagination is the only weapon against reality

d512108e7c700d2cbade4832a0b31876.png

643e34dab49bf3f96c951d72ab4f05ee.jpg

Intro

One day in late September teens have started disappearing in a small town. No one knew why and who was behind it. The authorities were puzzled as everything started to look like the teens had simply vanished without a trace. For weeks there were no leads and no signs pointing to their whereabouts. Until one yeah later where they all simply showed up on their parent's doorsteps. At first everything seemed great. Families were happy they had their children back, DNA tests came all back positive, they were as healthy as a person can be, maybe even a bit healthier yet it wasn’t odd enough to get investigated closer. The teens started becoming friends since they shared the same mysterious incident without truly knowing what had happened to them.

Soon it was discovered that the teens had missing memories, some memories were there yet some (mostly childhood memories) were simply gone, they didn’t know anything about their time away from home either, that was followed by the teens noticing odd things happening around them as they went about their lives. They could see someone following them in the corner of their eye yet once they turned in that direction there was no one there, some people paid them more attention then was typical and most of them weren’t living in town when the teens disappeared.
That was only the beginning.

It started with small things, the teens noticed they started healing faster then other people if they got hurt (but not a lot, lets say a certain wound takes six days to heal for a normal person, for them it would take three, so basically half less than normal) that was followed by other small changes depending on the individual (slightly increased reflexes or speed, strength, senses,…). They weren’t big enough to get noticed by others but the teens knew something was off. Not to mention that every now and then some of the teens got light headed, had nose bleeds or even strong headaches without there being an apparent medical cause for it. Something had happened to them while they were gone and now they needed to find out what.

As they slip away from those spying on them and each step they make leads them closer and closer to the truth they are there for and help each other deal with the changes that are happening to them besides their everyday teenage lives. They discover that this wasn’t the first time all this has happened to a group of teens, but the previous group had died as their health suddenly decreased and their immune system started to crumble shortly after their return. But this time it seems different and what our teens discover shakes them to their very core. Will they be able to deal with the truth or will it break them? What will happen to them once they discover who and what they really are?

Well I wanted to go into farther detail but then realized it might spoil the fun for some people. So I was thinking I should let people vote on it. Should I reveal whats what or let you guys figure out things along with your characters? (There is also the option of me sharing some details with those that want them via PM so the surprise won't be spoiled for those that don’t want to know yet)

This is my first RP of such a theme so I could really use a co-GM for things like coming up with the right clues, hints, etc…

As for where the RP would start there are different options and you can vote in the poll or let me know in your post here.
Well thats about it. If you have any questions just ask and let me know if any of you are interested.

Rules

- RPN rules have to be followed!
- I will not accept one liners, please be able to put one well-sized paragraph together if not more.
- There will be realistic FCs only.
- Be creative and not afraid to pitch your ideas or add some of them into the story but make sure others are okay with it first.
- Romance and drama are very welcome but don't force it on other players, ask them if they are okay with it.
- Be active, talk OOC so we know you are still with us. That doesn't mean we have to talk all the time, just don't go silent on me for days without warning or I will assume you lost interest (if there won't be any posts in the IC as well of course).

Playable Roles:
- Returned teens
- people in the teens lives (but only after there are at least 6 maximum 8 Returned Teen roles taken)

Last edited:
Same here! If there's anything I can help with please let me know.
Well I could use someone to help me with clues and hints. I was planning to post what kind of clues they can find every now and then so people can write them into the story, like a list of clues that are available at that point in the story: an old newspaper clipping about the previous teens (would probably have to write one or summ it up in a spoiler or something like that), a photo of the group that had first been taken (description will be added here as well, or a photo if I find the right type), etc... But I guess the co-GM would have to know the whole story I have in mind in order to really help so it would spoil the surprise for them so yeah, think carefully before deciding to help, or rather be a co-GM since basically you can help without knowing the whole story.

But what I am trying to say (sorry for the rambling there :S its the coffee I swear) is YES I would really appreciate some help if you are willing to lend a hand :)

Might be interested, but English is not my monther tongue, so i'll probably make mistakes. Is it a problem for you ?

As long as your english is good enough to be understood its okay. Mistakes can be corrected after all :)

Well, i think i'm understandable x)
And i'm always ok to take advices if they're kindly spoken :p

YES I would really appreciate some help if you are willing to lend a hand :)

I'm more than down! I don't mind knowing the full plot and I'll keep my character knowing only as much as it would make sense for them to know of course! If you want we can talk more about this in a pm?

I'm more than down! I don't mind knowing the full plot and I'll keep my character knowing only as much as it would make sense for them to know of course! If you want we can talk more about this in a pm?
Thats great! Thanks so much :D lets talk in PM

Hmmm idk what you mean. Do you mean roles or types of clique they would fit into etc... Or something else?

They seem to be different than before. Faster healing and stuff. But will they all have the same differences/powers/capacities ?

No they can have different skills. But not powers, they just have heightened abilities or skills.

Or rather some have certain skills more heightened then others...

Count me in for this :3 I'm all for it!

edit; and lemme know if you need anyone to do some brainstorming :3 I'm not sure I wanna know the whole truth [i feel staying in the dark like my character will make my posts a lil more authentic.....plus i love figuring mysteries out] but I'll help any way I can

Last edited:
'K, i see o/
Did you already thought about the CS ?
The CS and OOC will probably be up today, now that we have some more people :)

I'd be happy to help CO-GM this if you need help or if not I'd still love to participate! This idea sounds great
I have someone that offered to help already but if I still need some help I will definitely get back to you :) thanks so much for offering!

Count me in for this :3 I'm all for it!

edit; and lemme know if you need anyone to do some brainstorming :3 I'm not sure I wanna know the whole truth [i feel staying in the dark like my character will make my posts a lil more authentic.....plus i love figuring mysteries out] but I'll help any way I can
Thanks for offering! I am happy to see you guys want to help with this! There will definitly be some things that can be voted on or discussed so everyone can pitch in if they want to :D

I will get to making the CS and OOC before I go (I'm going on a trip home and will be back on monday, basicaly tomorrow night hehe).

The CS and OOC will probably be up today, now that we have some more people :)

I have someone that offered to help already but if I still need some help I will definitely get back to you :) thanks so much for offering!

Thanks for offering! I am happy to see you guys want to help with this! There will definitly be some things that can be voted on or discussed so everyone can pitch in if they want to :D

I will get to making the CS and OOC before I go (I'm going on a trip home and will be back on monday, basicaly tomorrow night hehe).
no worries :3 Looking forward to creating my character. One more question though, I hope you don't mind. Are there any specific tropes//roles you want to be filled out? I wouldn't ask but it'll probably affect which faceclaim i choose~

No I am not asking for any specific tropes or roles :) I just ask that there shouldn't be too many of the same personality xD imagine four loners or shy kids and such trying to solve a mystery about themselves and others like them xD that would be a disaster hehe. So yeah that's the only thing to look out for (variety I guess). Maybe if someone puts up a placeholder they could 'describe' the person in one (or more if needed) words so others know what type of character it will be and not make too many similar ones?... Like: The mystery lover, curiosity personified, easily annoyed, and on it goes... of course if you want a trope or specific role you can also have that (like the jock, the geek, and so on and on hehe)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back