• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Tears of the Elements Interest Check

Affili

Neither here, nor there.
Well I've got an idea for an RP that revolves around elemental beasts. I'm thinking a casual RP so there isn't too much pressure on the post lengths and such. Here's a brief write up to see if anyone would be interested. Feel free to ask me some questions.

Sentrance is an elemental plane, not that different from earth in regards to nature and the environment. It has four seasons that cycle just like earth has. For countless cycles the inhabitants of Sentrance, known as Sentenials (Sent-en-ial) have been locked in wars between the various elemental clans; Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water. No one seems to recall when or why the conflicts first arose, and many of the clans are slowly but surely becoming war wary.

Rumors have begun to spread across the clans that a rogue band of elders have joined together from every clan and isolated themselves from the general population. They have discovered a new source of energy known as magic, but little is known about the actual details. Life and Death magic exist as a separate form of energy in comparison to the Elemental energies that all of Sentrance have access too. These two newly discovered magic are extremely potent and dangerous.

After a brief period without battle between the four clans, the Air and Water clans decided to join forces and assault the Earth clan. The leader of the fire elementals Akarious attempted to contact Talvaxious when news of the planned attack on the earth clan reached him. However, due to a violent history between The earth and fire elementals the earth elemental leader refused to heed Akarious's warnings.

The first portion of the battle was devastating for the three clans initially engaged in the battle but in the end it was the earth elementals that took the largest amount of casualties before Akarious and his clan joined the reluctant earth elementals. By the conclusion of the battle, all four clans experienced heavy casualties.

Due to an unexplained absence of the Death Guardian, Genacious the guardian of life has been unable to generate new elemental sparks for Sentrance because the cycle of life and death are currently unbalanced. This means that whatever is left of the four clans can not be replenished for now and their populations are at an all time low. The first chapter of our story will take place quite a while after the last war.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I'm interested in your idea but the only time I have free to post is:

5:00PM-10:30PM Monday to Friday

6:30AM-7:30AM / ~10:00AM-3PM / ~5:30PM-11:00PM Saturday

~9:00AM-10:30PM Sunday

[Please note this is in AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time), i.e. UTC +11:00]

If I could join please notify me.

Also, what type of beasts are they? Is it something like winged creatures for the Air clan or are they part human or completely foreign beasts?

@Rigel good questions.

The time zone isn't a issue for me. As long as your active when your time allows and you can keep up without getting stressed out.

They can be based off of real life models, or something of your own design as long as you can describe it nicely enough and make the form fit with the elemental Affinity you choose. Don't feel like an air elemental's form is limited to something with wings though. My Water elemental NPC's take on feline forms.

Sentrance has not had interactions with humans during the first few chapters as yet. Much like humans have their legends of mystical beasts. Sentrance has their own lgends of another plane outside of Sentrance which would be earth. If this takes off and we can work through the chapters I have laid out in my rough outline, Earth and Sentrance will cross paths at some point. It won't be modern earth though. It'll be Earth in a fantasy setting. Elves, Orcs, Dwarfs ETC.

for the start though, your character will have to have a beast form.

I've got a website thrown togetehr with a lot more details. Based on the response to this interest check I'll post that link if its wotht he effort of getting people more informed.

okie dokie. when I get a minute i'll get the link up for the website and an ooc thread going and we'll take it from there

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back