Team Profile

Jaye

ミㅇㅅㅇ彡
Current Team Profile

Team Name:

• To be discussed...

Members:

• Joshua Lamley (16) - "Repel" - Breaker, Brute: Repulsion Field - (Lamladaz)
  • Lott Perez (19) - "Pygmalion" - Master / Striker: Inorganic-Minion Sculpting - (Jaye)
  • Alex Sevier (20) - "Penchant" - Changer / Thinker: Perception-based Shapeshifting - (Blackadder)
  • Olivia 'Olly' Grimm (24) - "Cherubim" - Master / Brute: 'Wet' Minions & Regeneration - (PixelWitch)
  • Thaddeus Teach (26) - "Balor" - Thinker / Stranger: Passive Possession - (Grey)

Alignment:

• Anti-villain

• Unknown

Bonds:

• ??? (WIP)

City of Operations:

• Carpenter Hills

Team's Current Goal:

• Establish ourselves - Secure a home base and revenue stream and make a name for ourselves.

Headquarters / Resources:

• Still being secured.

Team's Origin:

• All five were originally solo capes.
  • They banded together into cape duos before Thaddeus united everyone into a single team.

From the Worlds in Peril book:

The first thing you are going to start with is the Team Profile. Worlds in Peril is all about playing a team of superheroes — the key word being team. Unless you plan on playing the game one-on-one with just one player and the EIC, you are going to want to want to go through character creation as a group to get the best results and so that everyone is on the same page.

Of course, it may be that you and the other players want to start the game out as new heroes or as heroes that have yet to pull together to form a team, if they ever do. It is usually a lot more fun to work as a team in Worlds in Peril because it means a lot less work for the EIC and a lot less time jumping from player to player spotlighting what they are doing. If everyone is present and working towards a common goal, or at least is in the same area, everyone is engaged and involved. That said, there is definitely fun to be had playing solo characters that live lives that occasionally intersect or stories that are more personal and engaging among smaller groups of players. Before individual heroes are created for each player, go through the team profile together and ask one another what kind of set-up you want to have going in.

The character sheet has a space to be filled in under the Team Profile to put stuff like:

Former Name:  Has the team broken up before, changed their name or roster?

First Appearance:  How long has the team been together?

Mission:  What is the goal or common purpose that the team is united in accomplishing?

Headquarters:  Does the team have a common meeting ground? What does it look like and where is it?

Resources:  Does the team have access to special transportation, funding or anything else that might help them complete their missions?

Former members:  Has anyone left or been kicked off the team?

The answers to these questions can drastically change the set-up for the heroes and frame the kinds of stories that will be told at the table. For the purposes of character creation and just starting out, Worlds in Peril assumes that the heroes are new heroes. They do not know much about their powers and what they can do with them. Their relationship with the city, law enforcement and the other players are still uncertain. They have a lot to figure out and a lot to work towards. That means that a lot of these will remain blank until they are filled in during play as necessary. Maybe you want to play as an informal team, or an impromptu team where you and the other heroes are recruited to take care of a specific problem, or have common goals that happen to align. You can simply start play in one such scenario, with one hero having recruited the others, or with a common threat needing to be taken down.

While this is the default assumption, and the steps you walk through in character creation reflect that, talk to one another and make suggestions along the way if you want to start out as a solidified team, as veterans, a family, or whatever other concepts you and your group decide to cook up.

So, who wants to make our team profile? We'll hold off from finalising anything until everyone is here with finalised characters but... I figured we could at least start on this?

I guess first of all: what faction are we aiming for? That will (probably)set the tone for the rest of it - the name, the mission, the headquarters, etc.

As far as I can see, we have a few options:

• Protectorate/Wards
  • Indie hero
  • Indie anti-heroes
  • Rogues
  • Anti-villains
  • Villains

We wouldn't want to get worse than villains, lest we get a kill-order on our heads.

As I'm sure people have heard enough times, my vote is on anti-villain but mostly I just don't want to be boxed in by being a Protectorate member. I think trying to be Rogues would be interesting and set a very different tone, too. Also, mercenaries (à la Faultline's Crew) probably fits between Anti-Villains and Villains.

@Silvertongued @Lamladaz @Grey @PixelWitch @Blackadder

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't anti-villains and anti-heroes just be Rogues, really? And the media will call them villains or heroes. 

I don't really see the point in splitting hairs over that.

Although I'm totally in favour of anti-villainous whatever the official term. Villains are proactive and that'll be more fun than waiting like heroes do. 

Yeah, and given stuff like Grey's apparent character, we're not exactly going to be treated well by the law anyway... I'm for Anti-Villains.

Wouldn't anti-villains and anti-heroes just be Rogues, really? And the media will call them villains or heroes. 

I don't really see the point in splitting hairs over that.

Although I'm totally in favour of anti-villainous whatever the official term. Villains are proactive and that'll be more fun than waiting like heroes do. 

Anti-villains would be called/classed as Villains (anti-heroes as heroes/vigilantes). Rogues aren't in the villain/hero race at all.

Like, uh, examples:

• Protectorate/Wards: Miss Militia, Armsmaster, Kid Win, Vista
  • Indie hero: New Wave (Brandish, Glory Girl, Panacea)
  • Indie anti-heroes: Shadow Stalker (prior to Wards probation)
  • Rogues: Parian (prior to joining Undersiders), Canary
  • Anti-villains: Undersiders (especially Skitter), the Travellers (Sundancer, Trickster)
  • Villains: Coil, E88, ABB

The public and media only really categorise people as either Hero, Rogue or Villain, but designing our team will be different depending on what 'flavour' of hero or villian we choose to be.

Rogues, remember, in Worm-verse aren't in the fight at all - they're like Parian and Canary who use their powers for marketing purposes, basically. Parian with her sewing, Canary with her singing career... Being a rogue seems interesting, but like a very different roleplay than I think we're expecting :P  We'd be a group of performers or something!

More importantly, knowing what type of hero or villain we are will tell us a lot about our resources/headquarters and that sort of thing. Protectorate/Wards have the PRT resources, Indie Heroes are self-funded or need an advertising deal. Anti-heroes and anti-villains are more likely to be funding themselves and are probably working with less funding than flat-out heroes/villains. Villians have the chance of being funded by bigger organisations (aka. E88 and the Geselleschaft).

Also basically yeah - anti-villains get the chance to not be total dicks, but at the same time more proactive, less rules and more fun :P  

@Lamladaz & @PixelWitch ??

((Also, if anyone is having trouble coming up with cape names, we can probs use this thread to try help with that too. Or we can go back to the charagen threads? I dunno.))

Reminder: still confirming if we're going with anti-villains or not ( @PixelWitch & @Lamladaz ).

Also... I had an idea for my character and wanted GM opinions on if I could enact it? (So this is at everyone but I guess specifically @Silvertongued & @Lamladaz ? I'm... no longer sure which I'm meant to aim GM queries at <_< )

So I wanted Lott to be semi-open about being a cape, but if we're going for villains then ze couldn't just be like "«points at TV» Yeah dat's me." so I was going to have zir openly say ze's a cape to, like, zir roommates and stuff, but not mention exactly what zir powers are. And... I was hoping there was someone on the Wards / Protectorate who might vaguely match Lott's description? Vaugely match zir body type and either in a full-body costume or with similarly tawny brown skin. So Lott would just let people assume ze's that new Ward. If that made sense <_<

I would imagine someone short, with kind of a broad frame, but not much muscle and all the fat is around their belly and/or hips?

I mean, that description is basically contradictory but I can see how it could apply imperfectly to more recognizeable if uncommon shape.

Saturn is a member of the Wards. Short enough, wears a full body suit underneath a modified lorica segmentata. Roman styled helmet of a woman's face with rams horns. Powers, according to what's publically available, is the ability to generate and control gravitational orbits centered around her.

She has a similar enough body type to Lott, but she doesn't show any skin.

I'm fine with being anti-villains, though to be fair Olly is going to have a rather strict moral code. She was going to be a nurse at one point afterall. Hippocratic oath and all that.

Also to add, I have figured out Olly's cape name: - Cherubim.

The minions are her little angels afterall~  in the same way that they help her and others, but all that that they are pant wettingly terrifying as the original name suggests.

I'll have visuals as to what her cape appearance looks like shortly when I'm not being worked to death during the week.

I'm... not quite sure what body type is skinny sort of stocky-pudgy. Those terms are kind of antonyms.

I would imagine someone short, with kind of a broad frame, but not much muscle and all the fat is around their belly and/or hips?

I mean, that description is basically contradictory but I can see how it could apply imperfectly to more recognizeable if uncommon shape.

Grey pretty much got it on the head «sweatdrop» Zir frame is generally stocky (the whole, compact rectangular shape) but all the images of 'stocky' I found also included 'wide' and ze's not all that wide <_< So I said 'skinny-stocky'. Except... ze's not skinny, because of the thigh/stomach pudge. So... 'skinny stocky pudgy'  9_9  Maybe 'thin stocky pudgey' would've worked better, unsure <_<

Saturn is a member of the Wards. Short enough, wears a full body suit underneath a modified lorica segmentata. Roman styled helmet of a woman's face with rams horns. Powers, according to what's publically available, is the ability to generate and control gravitational orbits centered around her.

She has a similar enough body type to Lott, but she doesn't show any skin.

Y-y-y-yoink~! If I may. I'm sure this facade will break eventually, but the facade is there for now.

I'm fine with being anti-villains, though to be fair Olly is going to have a rather strict moral code. She was going to be a nurse at one point afterall. Hippocratic oath and all that.

Also to add, I have figured out Olly's cape name: - Cherubim.

The minions are her little angels afterall~  in the same way that they help her and others, but all that that they are pant wettingly terrifying as the original name suggests.

I'll have visuals as to what her cape appearance looks like shortly when I'm not being worked to death during the week.

Visuals? That's so awesome! Can't hardly wait.

And that seems fair - Olly helping to keep the 'anti' in our 'anti-villain' status :P  I'll add the name. Um also that name? super smart?

Also... the best cape name I have for Lott is "General Claymaker". 'General' because the whole leading a small army thing, 'claymaker' because of the sculpting angle and also it sounds more badarse than 'sculptor' «hee» But I dunno... some kind of sculpting term might work (maybe carver?) Or... I'm not sure. I like the idea that part of the name implies zir Master status. «shrug»

So I updated our 'alignment' as everyone has gone anti-villain (with the exception of Lamladaz who has yet to weigh in). Next up...

@Lamladaz , @Grey , @PixelWitch , @Blackadder ?

I'd say stuff like our Name, Mission/Goals and Creation are in order.

Name - throw out names you think would be cool. Bonus points for the names being something in-character.

Mission/Goals - team goals, not personal goals. I'm kinda assuming that (at least for now) the team mission is approximately "Start shit - make money". Stealing money &/or drugs from rival villains, maybe a few thefts from legit businesses, that sort of thing. As the story continues, perhaps we'll find a higher calling. We can probably come up with a M.O. once we've rp'd for a bit.

Creation - how was the group created? Did it start with just two of us and the rest of us where recruited? Did we all come together at the same time? Did a mysterious benefactor arrange for them to meet?

I.M.O. for creation - Lott hangs out on the PHO forums a bunch - could they have met through that? (Or, could some of them have met through that?) Otherwise the main contribution is have is assuming our team goal is "start shit - make/take money".

Right now I'm looking at Penchant or Predilection for Alex.

Honestly, as a starting team, we'd rather have to KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) for our opening goals. A lot of us are in difficult personal positions as it is.

Maybe we may have worked in pairs and started to coalesce together?

Would Thad be the eldest? Could be he pulls the group together.

Or maybe I'll save that for later in his arc, but I definitely see him as the type to take a leadership role over younger capes as both a kind of atonement and protection - if he's still a piece of shit, adults his own age might notice, but he might think to rely on the naivete of younger companions to boost his self-worth. 

Initial goal is probably establishment? Secure a home base and revenue stream, plan from there?

Need to finish Thad and skim over everyone else again to think of a name. 

...What if we had a brief in-character thread of the characters sat around a table discussing a name? Or start without a name and argue over one in-game?

'Okay, if they catch us, we'll be... the Fomori, right? Otherwise they'll pick a name for us..."

Right now I'm looking at Penchant or Predilection for Alex.

Honestly, as a starting team, we'd rather have to KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) for our opening goals. A lot of us are in difficult personal positions as it is.

Maybe we may have worked in pairs and started to coalesce together?

Would Thad be the eldest? Could be he pulls the group together.

Or maybe I'll save that for later in his arc, but I definitely see him as the type to take a leadership role over younger capes as both a kind of atonement and protection - if he's still a piece of shit, adults his own age might notice, but he might think to rely on the naivete of younger companions to boost his self-worth. 

Initial goal is probably establishment? Secure a home base and revenue stream, plan from there?

Need to finish Thad and skim over everyone else again to think of a name. 

...What if we had a brief in-character thread of the characters sat around a table discussing a name? Or start without a name and argue over one in-game?

'Okay, if they catch us, we'll be... the Fomori, right? Otherwise they'll pick a name for us..."

That would be good for hilarity.

Coming up with a name in-thread is also a good idea - and yes would be amusing.

(I was thinking about how the Undersiders became the Undersiders and decided that Alec or Lisa probably called them the 'Underdogs' - which would make sense, considering they were the smallest group - but Rachel suspected them of being sarcastic and said they weren't allowed to call themselves 'dogs'. Which would dissolve into Rachel and Alec fighting and Lisa trying to smooth things over wit ha hurried "Undersiders! How about Undersiders?" Which everyone accepted because Alec & Rachel probably didn't really care about having a group name :P  )

"Establish ourselves as a team" sounds like a good goal, assuming we're starting all this not long after forming the team. Or... we could skip that and decide how much we've already established ourselves, say that we'd already been active for a while.

Thaddeus is the eldest (and I've updated the OP to include ages). Amusingly, we decided on powers pretty much youngest to oldest :P  

I really like Blackadder's idea of starting out in pairs and pulling together into a group. I assume it would go something like: everyone started out solo-ish --> being solo is hard so we tried duos/trios --> someone (Thad?) had the great idea of pulling all the strays together to work as a team.

There are five of us, so if we go with 'pairs' then either there was a pair and a trio or there were two pairs and one solo. I kinda like the idea of two pairs and Thad being the soloist who took a look at the broad picture and thought "If I got those two pairs to work together, I'd have a team backing me up".

Uh, so I guess for Creation I'm voting for: five soloist turned into two pairs and Thad turned into Thad pulled us into a group.

I still like the idea of brainstorming Team Names, but doing that IC might be good, too. If we come up with a good idea IC (or during IC) we can pitch it OOC and if everyone agrees we'd work to make the character's agree IC.

For Mission/Goals... well, are we just starting out at the start of the RP, or have we been established already? If established - how long? A month or two, a year? This is more a @Silvertongued / @Lamladaz question - for the RP is our group meant to be just starting out or are we an already established group?

Also @Blackadder - both those names are awesome/beautiful. I can't help decide between them, but they're great. (For bonus amusement - you could have it that even your character can't decide between them :P  )

Also @Blackadder - both those names are awesome/beautiful. I can't help decide between them, but they're great. (For bonus amusement - you could have it that even your character can't decide between them :P  )

Tempting, but I would like to simply pick one. The rest of you able to break the deadlock?

I have an idea to make you guys work together, but quite frankly, it was interesting and probably more immersive to watch you guys come together organically, what with the idea of two pairs and Thad coming together to form a team.

But yeah, in terms of establishment, you're very early starting out. Maybe a job or two, but otherwise, you're a bunch of folks who've just got together recently.

Something that might help bring the team together, (or force me to do so) is.... what the hell do you guys want out of it? What makes a bunch of people operating on morally grey illegal activities band together? Is it the money? The power? Do you have ulterior motives? Do you want to dispense your own form of Justice? Are you in it for the kicks? Do you genuinely want to protect your city by being the biggest shark in the pool? Or are you just pissed off and lashing out at people you figure deserve it?

@Blackadder@Grey@PixelWitch@Jaye@Lamladaz

Josh is in it for the money AND for the kicks.
EDIT. Especially the kicks he gets to give to his enemy's face.

Users who are viewing this thread