Team Profile

Well, the current Drive I'm looking at for Alex is Reconcile My Past - in that he's still gripping with his parents' death, and the fact that to support himself, he's gone into activities they wouldn't have approved of. So right now, he's just trying to make money and come to terms. What he decides on thereafter... well, we shall see, won't he?

Thad's in it for power, but even that's just a means to an end. I need to read more about Drives but his motivation might broadly be 'conquer the world to save it from itself.'

I'm musing between Lott's drive/working towards being either Understand or Go Where Science Has Never Gone Before (or whatever that book's called).

Basically, Lott has a mad scientist theme going on, a bit. Lott wants to experiment and creating anarchy-havoc is just a plus. Money is also a plus. Ze'll develop more of a Drive later once ze's learnt more.

But for the Team:

Sounds like people are happy with our formation/creation being:

Five solo capes --> two sets of cape duos + Thad --> Thad unites the two duos into one team under his leadership.

And the Team's Goal/Mission, for now, logically seems to be as Grey suggested:

Establish the Team. (Secure a home base and revenue stream, make a name for ourselves).

-

@Grey @Blackadder @PixelWitch @Lamladaz @Silvertongued

Everyone okay if I add those two ideas to the OP of stuff we've confirmed for the Team Profile?

If yes then... that's mostly it for the Team Profile? We're new, so 'former name' and 'former members' aren't a concern. Location is Carpenter's Hill. Headquarters and Resources for the Team as a whole are probably currently N/A until we Establish ourselves. First Appearance we can probably count as the first time we appear together in-thread. I'm not sure what else is meant to be put under 'Team Profile'. We could probably put "Reputation" and/or maybe the Team as a whole could have 'Bonds' but only later on once we're established and stuff.

Oh hey! Did we agree that an IC thread (separate or as a part of the main RP) would be how we come up with a Team Name? I'm still down for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the process of putting down information for Carpenter Hills. You know, Wards, Protectorate, gangs, locations, general infrastructure, all that jazz. Just gimme a couple days or so, and I'll link it all up.

Sounds like people are happy with our formation/creation being:

Five solo capes --> two sets of cape duos + Thad --> Thad unites the two duos into one team under his leadership.

And the Team's Goal/Mission, for now, logically seems to be as Grey suggested:

Establish the Team. (Secure a home base and revenue stream, make a name for ourselves).

Looks fine to me.

Looks fine to me.

Good enough for me.

Others - let me know if anything in the OP should be edited. Otherwise, I'd say the OP is our official Team Profile. We could post a thread for it in the Character board, and update it as things change?

As far as the whole "merging into duos" thing... any ideas on whom pairs with whom?

Ollie's main MO is fucking over large pharmaceutical companies and the people who profit off them at the expense of the sick and dying.

She raids their warehouses and nicks all their stuff a lot, reroutes their vans and redistributes the medicine to the most needy. Anything she can do to Robin Hood their bank accounts she'd consider a bonus. She Batmans the local drug dealers and pushers, either destroying their merch or cannibalizing it to make more useful drugs.

She scares off loan sharks and bailiffs after people crippled by medical debt.

She also earns a decent deal of money herself by donating blood and plasma. Cos guess who's a universal donor with infinite blood? *Thumb jabs* This gal~

Ollie's main MO is fucking over large pharmaceutical companies and the people who profit off them at the expense of the sick and dying.

She raids their warehouses and nicks all their stuff a lot, reroutes their vans and redistributes the medicine to the most needy. Anything she can do to Robin Hood their bank accounts she'd consider a bonus. She Batmans the local drug dealers and pushers, either destroying their merch or cannibalizing it to make more useful drugs.

She scares off loan sharks and bailiffs after people crippled by medical debt.

She also earns a decent deal of money herself by donating blood and plasma. Cos guess who's a universal donor with infinite blood? *Thumb jabs* This gal~

O-type infinite blood is best blood :P  

Hm... damn what's Lott's MO... damn I'm gonna have to come back to this.

I spent all my time imagining a scenario where Lott/Pyg joins the S9. I need to be more in the now, yo.

Edit: So I figured that Lott would be all about the vandalism. Lott likes to fuck places up - mainly places that are 'institutions'. Mainly the police station, to be honest. Lott likes to mess with various institutes, basically - encouraging anarchy instead of order. This includes messing with other villain gangs, of course. Has a habit of stealing drugs from other gangs and selling it on cheap. Is woefully ignorant about drugs, really. Also - super loves to break up upper class events. Policeman's balls and stuff. Mayoral speeches. Official stuff with a bunch of officials patting themselves on the back.

Also @PixelWitch - I had a belated realisation. Can Olly donate blood? I assume yes, but not easily. Since bleeding results in the blood turning into minions... I'm assuming Olly just has to keep the minions in a sterile environment until they 'expire' and turn back into blood. Or... if Olly gets knocked-out, she should be able to donate without minions occurring? But she'd have to wake up to regenerate, so there's that. Just odd things to think about :)  

In answer, yes, she can donate blood. Does it frequently too. Visits multiple donation banks around the city several times a week. Can make a tidy profit off it if you do it that frequently.

Funny you should bring that up, as I was having a talk with our dear GM about how her minions would work last night.

In terms of regeneration, going by Worm's standards, it's unconscious and happens regardless of what you do. She heals as a reaction to being hurt, and can't control it. The minions however she can control. Or at least, how they form. She can bleed normally (before the wound rapidly heals up naturally) but she has to command a minion into existence because it has to be made with a purpose. Once it's called into existence it's in a fixed shape and can't be altered. e.g She needs one to help her tie her shoelaces, so she pricks her finger and makes a little gribbly with lots of dexterous fingers and legs to do the task. That's what it's made for. One made for tying shoes can't punch holes in walls. It does it's task and dissolves back into blood again.

I'd say she needs to be conscious to make new minions, as she has to be awake to give them a dedicated form and commands, but old ones will stick around for their allotted timescale and either perform the task they were made for, or resort to the most primal command, being : Protect Master.

I'd say if Lott is so keen on taking out drug gangs, that may be how Olly and Lott meet. Either from trying to take down the same gang at the same time, or cos she tried to raid her tiny pharmacy and found that to be a big mistake.

In answer, yes, she can donate blood. [...]

I'd say if Lott is so keen on taking out drug gangs, that may be how Olly and Lott meet. Either from trying to take down the same gang at the same time, or cos she tried to raid her tiny pharmacy and found that to be a big mistake.

Okay one - that meta on how the minions work is super cool.

Two - eh... not so much taking out as Robin Hooding them, but I suppose the point stands. (I feel like 'taking out' implies some kind of good will and actually stopping them, whereas Lott is just stealing their stuff because ze thinks it's an easy way to mess with gangs). (Uh, but, who is raiding what pharmacy?) I'd be down for the idea that they both hit a gang at the same time and did the whole "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing.

We also nee to clarify Bonds, both with each other, and any important NPCs.

Basically put, everyone has at least 1 Bond point with each other. So gimme a spiel of how your character's relationship is with the other members of the team.

As for bonds with NPCs, The City, and Law Enforcement, you get anywhere from 6 additional Bonds for it being "Occasionally Difficult" in order to form bonds with others, to "Actively Ostracised by Most" (such as being a particularly hideous Case-53) netting you just 1 extra bond. However, less Bonds, mean more Powers.

So yeah, @Grey@Jaye@Lamladaz@PixelWitch@Blackadder

What's your cursory relationships with each other? You've know each other for at least a month or so, with knowing your duo team member possibly longer. Not only that, but how difficult would it be for you to maintain relationships with others?

Also, Blackadder, did I ever get around to helping you with your Power Profile, or does that still need to be done?

We also nee to clarify Bonds, both with each other, and any important NPCs.

Basically put, everyone has at least 1 Bond point with each other. So gimme a spiel of how your character's relationship is with the other members of the team.

As for bonds with NPCs, The City, and Law Enforcement, you get anywhere from 6 additional Bonds for it being "Occasionally Difficult" in order to form bonds with others, to "Actively Ostracised by Most" (such as being a particularly hideous Case-53) netting you just 1 extra bond. However, less Bonds, mean more Powers.

So yeah, @Grey@Jaye@Lamladaz@PixelWitch@Blackadder

What's your cursory relationships with each other? You've know each other for at least a month or so, with knowing your duo team member possibly longer. Not only that, but how difficult would it be for you to maintain relationships with others?

Also, Blackadder, did I ever get around to helping you with your Power Profile, or does that still need to be done?

Still needs to be done.

Side note, I'm not sure whether I would rule Alex as Occasionally Difficult, or Frequently Difficult, given his visual social cue issues.

We also nee to clarify Bonds, both with each other, and any important NPCs. [...]

Ooo... yeah. I forgot about bonds. Still not entirely sure on how they work, but Silvertongued's description helps at least. So... do we just put one bond point per person/place? Or is there some advantage to putting 2 points with one person? Do we need to spend one of our bond points on the PRT, or is that a free point?

I think I'll just start with describing bonds:

The Team, in general:

Lott likes being part of a team for once, but doesn't necessarily prefer it to solo life. It is more exciting (because numbers lets them do bigger things) but mostly ze is happy for the up close view of other people's parahuman abilities. Ze's been able to pull zir weight, but likely hasn't shown a great amount of commitment/loyalty to the team. The other's are convenient, and for now Lott appreciates that.

The Team, specifically:

Cherubim - Ze's known her the longest of all of them, after running into her as they both raided one of the local gang's drug warehouses. Pyg can work with her, but pretty quickly found a number of moral deviations from each other. On the other hand, Cherubim could've easily have just gone to the PRT and Pygmalion is kinda impressed with her bucking that idea and causing havoc under her own terms. Every once in a while they have that "Oh yeah, we clearly grew up in different socio-economic classes" moment.

Balor - Respects him well enough, after a fashion. Certainly respects the skewed morality scale - doubly so if ze remains an ally and not a target in Balor's eye. Still isn't used to following other's orders, but is well competent in learning other people's rules before ze breaks them. Is still in the 'learning the rules' phase at the moment, so is mostly compliant to zir new leader. Probably actually gets along reasonably well, especially as they have relatively similar heritages. Pyg likes to 'refresh' zir accent on Balor (does he still have one?).

Penchant - Despite being the younger of the two, Pygmalion is determined to be a bad influence on Penchant. Ze doesn't exactly understand people's moral attachment to 'being good' and concentrates more on the goals; so since Penchant is so clearly in it for the money, Pyg doesn't understand why he;s not so open to morally grey suggestions on how to earn more cash. Ze is certainly working on it, though. Get's along reasonably well, even if Pyg is probably a mostly antagonising presence.

Note: Alex - Lott probably knows Alex through Uni? I'm assuming there's only one uni in Carpenter Hills, in which case they'd have probably crossed paths especially since Alex is so studious and Lott's home-away-from-home is the Uni library. Don't know if they're ever actually talked or anything - but that might be fun to mess with :P  

Repel - Could spend hours in silence, each doing their own thing. Appreciates the analytical, selfish, detached personality but is more fifty-fifty on the ego. When it's aimed at enemies, it tends to compliment Pyg's own ego. When it's aimed inwards to the gang, it rubs zir in all the wrong places. Is willing to help with science homework, mostly to help Repel turn in assignments that are way smarter than the teacher's who assigned them.

The Law:

Police - Has zero respect for cops and has less with every passing year. Thinks the entire institution should be torn down and replaced with something better. Has a habit of leaving graffiti tags on police buildings/cars/etc. Also likes to send way too many donuts to police stations or to have minions bring boxes to on-duty cops.

PRT - Likes the research they have on parahumans, hates all the marketing and politics and the other bullshit they dress everything up in. Thinks it should be torn down and replaced (like with the police) but concedes that the right people in the right places could change it from the inside-out without tearing everything apart.

Protectorate/Wards - Thinks of them as victims more than anything; suckered into working for a corrupt and media-driven institute. Adores exploiting rules so as to catch them out or escape from them - makes them 'play by the book' so hard that they loose. Also known for sometimes attempting to engage a cape or two in casual conversation - usually about an ability they demonstrated. Pyg can get kinda distracted.

That's it for now. I might add other stuff once we hear about the other capes in the city.

...And i have to leave for work. I'll get back to peeps later <_< I don't even know if that description is accruate between Pygmalion and Cherubim >_>

Penchant's MO: Usually going after other criminal groups and taking from them - it's much easier for him to handle what he's doing since they're 'acceptable targets.'

The Group: I think he's happy to not be alone, and even have potential friends (or at least people who have a shared commonality)... Thad creeps him out though.

Penchant's MO: Usually going after other criminal groups and taking from them - it's much easier for him to handle what he's doing since they're 'acceptable targets.'

The Group: I think he's happy to not be alone, and even have potential friends (or at least people who have a shared commonality)... Thad creeps him out though.

Pygmalion would like to point out that stealing other gang's drugs and selling said drugs later is a grteat way to make fast money. (I now imagine Pyg to be a poor influence on Alex, age be damned).

Alex would point out that they're drugs. He's not exactly keen to feed others' addictions.

...He's not that good a criminal.

Alex would point out that they're drugs. He's not exactly keen to feed others' addictions.

...He's not that good a criminal.

Pyg doesn't see his point, but reassures him that "You'll get there, mate. One day you'll be as good as us." Pyg does not see the irony in using the word 'good' to describe being a well competent villain.

Also! This is what I have for Pygmalion's opinion on Penchant. I also had an idea that they might know each other from Uni - I think it would be kinda funny if they knew each other in costume, knew each other out of costume, but didn't know that Alex=Penchant and Lott=Pygmalion.

Penchant - Despite being the younger of the two, Pygmalion is determined to be a bad influence on Penchant. Ze doesn't exactly understand people's moral attachment to 'being good' and concentrates more on the goals; so since Penchant is so clearly in it for the money, Pyg doesn't understand why he;s not so open to morally grey suggestions on how to earn more cash. Ze is certainly working on it, though. Get's along reasonably well, even if Pyg is probably a mostly antagonising presence.

Note: Alex - Lott probably knows Alex through Uni? I'm assuming there's only one uni in Carpenter Hills, in which case they'd have probably crossed paths especially since Alex is so studious and Lott's home-away-from-home is the Uni library. Don't know if they're ever actually talked or anything - but that might be fun to mess with  :P

And... @Grey @Lamladaz @PixelWitch. I've written up Lott/Pyg's opinion on your capes too. Lemme know if that sounds right or what. And your cape's opinion of Pygmalion~!

Also! This is what I have for Pygmalion's opinion on Penchant. I also had an idea that they might know each other from Uni - I think it would be kinda funny if they knew each other in costume, knew each other out of costume, but didn't know that Alex=Penchant and Lott=Pygmalion.

Yes, I like this idea.

For reference, you're all probably unlikely to know Thad's real name. He goes by Balor all the time now, and may smirkingly offer his civilian alias as Hugh Mann. 

Gonna read everyone's sheets again and offer his perspective. 

For reference, you're all probably unlikely to know Thad's real name. He goes by Balor all the time now, and may smirkingly offer his civilian alias as Hugh Mann. 

Gonna read everyone's sheets again and offer his perspective. 

PRT Assistant Director Zapp Branigan likes the cut of his jibb.

Users who are viewing this thread