Taw Clarification

Shadowmarch

Hello Operator?
Hello all. I've recently come across the Terrifying Argent Witches Homebrew for Lunars, and I have a few quick questions that I've been unable to find answers too.

1. Do Lunars still have their Anti physcial shapping tattoos or have those been removed from the splat?

2. Do Lunars still pick a Totem shape?

3. Does a Tell still apply?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before. I've really just had no luck finding answers.

I can answer 2 and 3, at least. There is no totem shape implicit in a Lunar Exaltation in TAW, and therefore no tell. However, there is a charm that allows you to choose a specific shape as your totem, making it free to assume, and allowing you to take on mutations from that form to mix-and-match yourself. If you chose a serpent and adopted its venomous bite, for example, you would grow the fangs. Same for a rabbit's ears and its hearing.

As for number one, Im not a hundred percent on the moonsilver tattoos. I know that Lunar society in TAW has less "Elders run everything," and in fact most elders are dead.

Okay, I read the TAW rules as such:

1) Moonsilver Tattoos never existed. The TAW Lunars have Charms which allow them to 'heal' wyld mutations or integrate them into their libraries of mutations for assuming forms. Artefact Tattoos do exist.

2) As Unbridled said, TAWs have no set 'totem form' other than human. An interesting twist to the Charm Unbridled mentioned is the fact that you can fix a variety of mutations onto a natural creature to create a unique totem animal (What's that? You want a super-tough bear? Okay, take a polar bear form and add rhinoceros hide and bull horns).

3) Tells are not a thing now. The argument for that was "If Lunars are the superlative shapeshifters, why would anyone give them a flaw that can be spotted (even if it's super-difficult to see)?".

Perhaps Taliesin could shed more light on the subject for you.

Captain Hesperus

Thank you very much guys. You've been a great help. I must admit I'm really happy you guys integrated the TAW Hub thread into the site otherwise I would have completely missed it. It's an amazing rewrite.

Yeah, moonsilver tattoos never existed, because they're a kludgy patch job for a problem that should never have been a thing, and which is not a thing in TAW history. Screw Wyld Taint. Tattoo artifacts are still a thing tho.

Witches do not, by default, have a Spirit Shape. They can acquire one with Totemic Self Announcement, an Appearence Charm. They can also create a freaky personal form that's less "spirit shape" and more "cloaked in otherworldly power" with Mythic Outsider Extrusion.

The Tell is gone. Lunar shapeshifting doesn't need a special flaw, because it's not perfect from the get-go. Several Charms have Obvious physical signs of their use, and their 'whole form' shapeshifting has imperfections that require investment to clean up.

Sorry for the thread necro, but I have another clarification about the TAW. Does anyone know if TAW have any difference in why they are chosen to exalt.

Also correct me if I'm wrong please because I'm not 100% sure on it, but normal lunars normally exalt from people who survived or lived through some ordeal, right?

Shadowmarch said:
Sorry for the thread necro, but I have another clarification about the TAW. Does anyone know if TAW have any difference in why they are chosen to exalt.
Also correct me if I'm wrong please because I'm not 100% sure on it, but normal lunars normally exalt from people who survived or lived through some ordeal, right?
I thing this will answer your question admirably: http://www.rpdom.com/resources/exaltation-criteria-for-the-terrifying-argent-witches.455/

Captain Hesperus

Oh derp thank you both very much. I completely forgot about all the cool stuff like that at the end of the book.

Not a problem. Though I would like to be cheeky and ask if you could possibly rate and/or review anything that you did or didn't dislike in the TAW charmset. The authors would love your feedback!

Captain Hesperus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back