Advice/Help Tarot Cards Advice?

Rusty of Shackleford

Ten Thousand Club
Hey guys! So, while I don't believe much in Tarot cards (I've never really been a spiritual person,) I do enjoy when people use them for symbolism, as I think it can be used to show how a character feels and the situation they're in without explicitly saying it. But I don't know much about the cards themselves besides a few, so I need some help with them. Basically, I'm writing a Dragon Age fanfiction. In the third game, Inquisition, each of the party member's were represented with Tarot Cards, which changed depending on where you were in the game to reflect their character growth. I LOVED this touch, and I want to do something similar. So, I'm asking for someone to assign Tarot Cards to my three main characters, which I will name below. I only know a few, so I trust that you'll be right! So yeah!

Aedan Cousland: Born into one of the highest families in Ferelden, Aedan was always a feisty, independent person. He was loyal, though. Especially to his twin sister, Elissa. But that all changed when he was found to be a mage, and drug away from his home to the Circle of Magi. He was furious, trying to escape a fee times before eventually accepting his fate. While he was there, he met a fellow mage named Jowan, and they became quick friends. Though there was a gap between the two. While Aedan was extremely gifted in magic, earning him an apprenticeship with the Senior Enchanter himself, Jowan was always...lacking. He wasn't terrible, by any means, but never great either. So Jowan soon turned to blood magic, which was highly illegal, and punishable by being turned into a tranquil, stripping one of their emotions and ability to dream, which gave a mage their powers. Aedan always felt trapped in the tower, wishing he could escape and make his own destiny. He soon got his wish after trying to help Jowan escape the Circle. After being accused of helping the blood mage, Aedan was recruited by a man named Duncan, who was a member of an elite order of warriors called the Grey Warden. Having no other choice, and finally having a way out of the Circle, Aedan agreed, being sent to the ruins of Ostagar to await his initiation while Duncan recruited one more warrior. This warrior was none other than his sister, Elissa. She bore terrible news, however. The Cousland's home of Highever was attacked by their Ally the Howe's, and Elissa was the only survivor besides their older brother Fergus, who was somewhere with his men. After becoming a Grey Warden, and witnessing the forces of Ferelden crushed by the tide of the corrupting Blight, Aedan, Elissa, and their fellow Grey Warden Alistair joined together to stop the Blight.

Aedan's Personality: Independent, intellectual, driven, reasonable, sarcastic

Elissa Cousland: The youngest of the twins, Elissa was always looked after by her brother, though she was no pushover herself. He learned the sword and shield from a young age by her father, and was soon considered a prodigy in it. She was devastated when her brother was taken away, becoming a spitfire and rebel. She was constantly in trouble, always as firey as her mother. She hated the social protocol of the nobility, and dressed like a man most of the time. Her life changed when the Grey Warden Duncan arrived looking for recruits. Elissa's desire to join was put down by her father needing her to watch over the castle while he and her older brother Fergus went off to fight the Blight. She reluctantly accepted, greeting her father's old friend Rendon Howe. That night, however, Howe and his men suddenly turned on Highever, slaughtering everyone, including Fergus's wife and son. With no other choice, Elissa left with Duncan, leaving her parents behind so she could carry on the family name, as well as the news to her siblings. She would also become a Warden, which was a dream she had always had. She soon arrived at Ostagar with Duncan, telling Aedan the bad news. She also met Alistair, who while strange, Elissa seemed to like quite a lot. After becoming a Warden alongside her brother, she joined the group as they set off to stop the Blight, and avenge her family.

Elissa's Personality: Firey, feisty, extremely stubborn, emotional, hot headed

I feel that Aedan could be represented with the Death card, an entire chapter of his life seems to have just ended. This seems a highly paramount moment in his life. Elissa on the other hands seems most similar to an Eight of Cups, which represents searching for a new life, possibly finding a better calling. This card would be best understood reversed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back