Tanya Degurechaff

Tanya Degurechaff

Name Thief
  • How often do you visit RP Nation? When are you usually online, and for how long? This information will help the GMs whenever it's time to split the players up into groups, as we like to try and sort people by how often they post.
  • What sort of characters do you like to create and play? Having an idea of what you enjoy will help the GMs assist you in getting settled in Aegis.
  • What are you hoping to get out of this roleplay? Obviously we're unable to meet everyone's expectations, but knowing what players are looking forward to the most helps us prioritize different aspects of the plot.
  • Include a sample of previous roleplay posts. Aegis is a detailed roleplay, and players here pride themselves on well-written posts, thoughtful character interactions, and enthusiastic worldbuilding. Incoming players are screened for their writing skills (mostly punctuation, spelling, and grammar).

1. I normally visit RPN on weekends, but I check by during weekdays and holidays. I might post on those days as well. The times can vary a little, but on weekends I tend to be on for 2-4 hours at a given time. My account normally lists "Online" though.
  2. As much as many find it stupid, I like to build characters that spread and infect in terms of offense. "Self-Damage" is normally included if they're a powerhouse type. If we're talking personality, it varies, but sometimes I like making conflicting characters. (Yes, I know this isn't the best idea most of the time.) Of course, they normally have a good amount of common sense to them as well.
  3. What I expect? I just expect for it to be interesting/fun. I'm easy to please.
  4. Unfortunately, most of the places I RP'd don't have permanent logs. However, I do have a profile for an RP that died before I signed up. Hope you don't mind...
  5. Name: Alma Lind (Although, she frequently goes by K. Explained in her bio.)

Race: Human. (Though biologically enhanced.)

Physical Appearance: Height: 5'0

Personality: In the process of trying so hard to become someone she's not, along with her modification, Alma's original personality has become more of a side note, compared to how she acts in public.

Cold, reserved and a bit arrogant, this "K" has few redeeming traits about her. While it's only a façade, it's dominant in most cases, leading to aggressiveness, cruelty, disagreements, and typically fighting depending on the subject. Finding it wasteful to leave anything in her path alive, it's questioned how she's counted as a hero in the first place. While she can, and does solve issues, she'll typically try to justify it by suggesting she'll reap the rewards later.

Her faked lack of care besides for herself often makes her come off as self centered, though she believes in staying in character, for her brother's happiness.

While not interacting with others, it can be noted that she spends the majority of her time either training, doing research, or using social media. Yes, she uses social media as something of a pastime. She actively enjoys watching debates… And flame wars.

Alma is actually just a bundle of different (Dulled) emotions, kept under wraps due to her wishing to "Stay in character". She pretends to care less about anything going on besides her own goals (And her brother's wishes, secretly.), while in reality, she does appreciate others and the changes they bring to the table. She releases these emotions in her actions, which may range from good to "Questionable" deeds.

Alma also questions whether it's best to count on others, especially to do something she's particularly good at. Considering she was alone for most of her struggles, she typically refuses to ask for help when it's needed.

When around others in a "Safe area" she may choose to be herself, which is overall a better experience. She'll be a bit talkative, generally interested in discussing technology and it's advancement, gaming, a tad bit of art, as well as showing off a little. She'll even show a hint of compassion. However at the slightest notice at something being recorded, she almost never fails to transfer to the façade known as "K."

History:

(At the time of the main event, Alma was around 14, while Ajax was about 11.

Alma was born into a relatively rich family, but she didn't think much of it. All she knew was that her father was absent during certain parts of the month. It didn't matter much since she had her younger brother, Ajax, to keep her company. Of course, the two still had their mother around, considering she didn't really have a job. There was no need to, with how they were obtaining the wealth they had. Alma's father, nicknamed "Jay" by most people that knew him, was part of an aircraft design team back in Scandinavia. Jay himself wasn't too far from the higher-ups in terms of position, and he'd been making a large sum of money from all the things the group had successfully created. While the group wasn't 100% affiliated with well-known companies, they did have funding from a few.

Now, everything was going well up to a point. The group Jay was in had been offered a contract to become a part of a larger organization, which they had happily accepted. However, due to a slight mistake, one of the members had been excluded from the contract. Let's just say it went south from there…

The group member had taken this completely out of context, and in an attempt to get revenge on July 11th at around 3:38 AM, he had set fire to the house. (I might explain how later.) Due of Alma's habit of sleeping lightly, she was the first to awaken, and immediately took notice of what was going on. While she had no clue why the fire had started, she did know that her parents hadn't awoken. In an attempt to awaken her sluggish brother, she hastily made her way to his room, only to find that the blaze was worse there. It seemed Ajax was awake, though pinned under a small part of the collapsing roof. Alma had begun to remove the fallen debris, regardless of how searing the heat was. She was leaning in with her left side at the moment, before it seemed to be pointless. Persisting anyway, Alma eventually lifted the fragment off of him, though it took all she had. Her left hand caught the worst of it, but nothing completely debilitating. The rest of her left side had been burned to varying degrees (Some parts left nearly unscathed.), though not enough to incapacitate her.

The smoke was beginning to take it's toll on the two, though luckily for them, the deck was just behind the bedrooms. Ignoring the pain for the moment, Alma led the way to the deck which connected to the backyard. Pulling on the sliding door's handle hadn't changed the status of her left hand, the inferno had mainly taken place around the living areas and kitchen, not the far rear of the house.

With one of the doors now open, the two had escaped the hell known as their own house. Unfortunately, neither of them knew what to do at the moment, and the pain was setting in for Alma. Ajax was likely in shock of what had just happened, based on his lack of response. Within 20 minutes, both the Fire Service and paramedics had arrived, likely from a neighbor's call.

Where do they come from and what are they fighting for? How did they get so strong in the first place? What do they dream of doing and what made them pursue that dream?

Power level: 740.

Travel powers: Well, the suit she summons. Maximum running speed of 400.95 mph.

Extra:

Alma's basic weapon is a FN57.

Her accounts are typically named: "PT OFFICIAL"

Her posts are somewhat random, possibly whatever she's thinking at the moment.

She mentions the account being owned by a group, rather than one person.

She refuses to go see a therapist. (Because she doesn't believe she has any issues, and technically she doesn't.) However, she may discuss her problems with others.

She seems to revert to K when exposed to anything more (In terms of fire.)than a fireplace.

--------------------------

POWERS-

Slot 1

Power name: 1st Gen: Contained Tempest

Appearance: Alma is covered in a mix of randomly colored pixel-like particles, before they disperse, revealing her once more, this time in a suit of iris colored power armor. The glow color for those curious, is fuchsia. The gaps left between the plates of armor are colored black, along with a black stripe running vertically down the left side of her body. (Starts at the helmet, all the way down to her boots.)  (This suit doesn't increase her height much, only 3 inches.)

Along with this suit, an up-scaled OSV-96 and PP-19 Bizon are summoned, with similar particle effects to the suit's summoning. The OSV-96 has been changed to a 20mm anti-tank rifle, while the Bizon to a 12.7mm anti-materiel SMG. A single Swordbreaker styled 19 inch blade is used for melee combat. All of these weapons, including the blade, are black with a lone iris stripe down the sides of the barrel/blade.

Effect: As for the suit's enhancements, it increases Alma's senses(Granting an odd 360 degree field of view. Explained.) , situational awareness, durability and physical stats across the board. She's effectively 10 times better than she originally was, along with being provided a low level energy shield. (She gains a single digit, vs two digits. I thought having a transformation as my first thing would be too OP.) The shield is stable for about 3 shots from her own rifle, almost completely ignoring small arms fire. (And things like it.) Afterwards, it requires a time of 3 minutes to recharge itself.  The rifle is capable of being loaded with different types of ammunition, though the SMG isn't. Magazines can be summoned at no extra cost, though she still needs to reload the guns herself.

The damage from the OSV-96 is what you'd expect. Nothing short of devastating on standard targets. It's made to deal damage to tanks, not humans. I don't think Google can show you the outcome of getting hit by one of these, but a standard human would be blown in half depending on the location of the shot.

As for the SMG, it's made for lightly armored vehicles, not humans. A standard, non-powered human's head would pop like a balloon. As for other parts of the body, expect to lose limbs if hit correctly. Google does have image results for these… (If you're a standard, non-powered human.)

The Swordbreaker is durable to the extent of actually being capable of breaking another standard sword, should proper force and motion be applied.

Hope it didn't suck too bad.

Hello hello! I'm so sorry for the late response, I honestly thought I had replied already. That's all my fault, I'm sorry. Anyways, your writing is fine, so welcome to the RP! Go ahead and introduce yourself in the OOC thread, and I suggest working on your character in a text document until the site update is completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back