• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

When I'm With You...

The door to the diner dinged open, as a young male wearing a plain white t-shirt and baggy blue jeans stepped inside, his eyes quickly scanning the room before he took a seat at a table near the door. The diner was pretty much empty this early in the day, only two other patrons were seated at a nearby counter, nursing their mugs of coffee as they heatedly spoke about which football team would win the upcoming super bowl.

"You two are at it again huh?" the boy chuckled, the elderly duo turning to face the newcomer, the men only scowling in response before returning to their debate. "Old geezers." he muttered, rolling his eyes as he took a look at the already open menu on the table.

Listening to her boss, she frowned, walking out of the bar and towards a dirty table, with her cleaning equiptment.

"I am wearing the correct uniform, i meet the criteria!I have thoroughly read the standards needed to work here, so don't tell me I don't meet the workplaces criteria, I don't meet your criteria!My shorts don't need to be any shorter!my ass is hanging out as it is!" Her voice was practically booming across the empty restaurant, as she slammed down the table disinfectant and scrubbed the table, rubbing her hands raw as she did so. She scowled, still not look quite so angry as she did so.

Looking at the new arrival she sniffed, "welcome, what would you like to order? The chefs specials are right above the bar.." She pointed to a sign above the bar, with scrawny handwriting.

"Unless you haven't chosen a meal yet. Could I interest you in a beverage?"

She ran her hand through her long, thick, dark blonde hair stressfully as she tried to remain calm.

He blinked rapidly, holding in his laughter as he overheard the conversation between this waitress and her 'boss'.

"I'm good." he said, his cinnamon brown eyes meeting hers. "Just waiting on someone." he stammered, a chuckle finally escaping his lips. "That boss of yours, she's a real pain in the ass isn't she?"

Her own eyes shone like warm honey.

"I'm not supposed to bad mouth my 'superiors' but yes he is a right pain in the ass. He doesn't know when to stop. But, I can't lose this job so I here I am. Gotta pay those college funds, you know?" She smiled genuinely and moved over to the neighbouring table, cleaning it.

"Call me over when you are ready to order. I'll still be here." She rolled her eyes jokingly and set to cleaning the table, having to crawl under to gather a mess of crayons, clearly created by children. As she bent over, the short shorts she were wearing were very obvious, especially because they were so short. Sharply realising, sshe wrapped her jacket around her waist, only to hear her boss shouting again.

"Fuck you..." She mumbled under her breath, looking over to where the voice came from and narrowing her eyes, continuing to clean the table further.

If the boy took notice of her shorts, he didn't visibly show it, a wide smile spread across his face as he looked over to where the shouting had come from.

"Hey dad, cut the girl some slack! She's working her ass off out here!" the boy gave her a wink, before rising from his seat and making his way towards the back of the diner.

Pausing, she stared at him and began to blush. Dad. Oh gosh, she was bad mouthing her boss to his son. Damnit, she was sure to get fired now. She rested her hand on the top of her head, forcing a smile.

"Thanks but...You don't have to do that..." Her eyes were wide as she stared after him in disbelief, being the only waitress around at such a time in the night, she had a lot of chores to do, some of which she had been completing for 4 hours already.

She sighed, sitting in the couch like seat, to rest for a few minutes, but, little did she know, those few minutes would soon turn into hours as she fell into a deep slumber.

"Hey! Wake up! Hey!" he sighed as he gently placed a hand on the girls arm, pushing her shoulder softly tryimg to wake her up. "HEY!" he shouted as loud as he could, his voice echoing throughout the diner. He quickly turned to see if anyone had heard him, but sighed as he remembered that everyone, including his dad, had already left for the night.

"WAKE UP WILL YOU!"

Last edited by a moderator:
She jolted up, frowning. "What the hell are you doing in my apartment?!" She scowled, leaping up onto the seat and realising where she was. "Wait, where is everyone?" She mumbled timidly. Looking around, she noticed no one else was there. As a subtle ringing echoed through her ears, she winced and stared at him, "Why all the shouting?" Reluctantly, she pushed his hand off of her shoulder.

He snickered at the way she suddenly awoke, bringing a hand to his mouth in order to muffle the sound.

"My dad was pretty pissed when he found you sleeping, luckily for you, I was here." he grinned, pointing a thumb at his chest. "I managed to pacify him by doing the rest of your chores myself." he told her, his grin becoming more mischievous. "So you know what that means right?"

When he started talking about his dad she blushed. "Oh god, he's going to fire me,isn't he?Damnit." She scrunched her knees to her chest, balancing her head on the space between her knees, her hands rubbing her temples.

"You shouldn't of done my chores, you should've just let me be fired, but Thankyou anyway," she muffled into her knees.

Lifting her head to look at him, her eyes shone a sparkling Amber. "No, I don't know what that means, but if you'd care to explain to me what you mean, that would be appreciated." Cocking an eyebrow, she locked her gaze back to the floor. It wasn't unusual that she tried to make herself seem tough, because she really want. Being 5'1 didn't exactly help her either.

"I honestly don't mind helping you out, I'm just glad that my parents finally got some help with this place. Now I don't have to stay up late worrying about this place."

He said, his wide smile ever present.

"Even so, since I did your job for you, which kept you from getting fired. Your in my debt. You owe me. Now the only question is, what price must you pay for such a steep debt?"

Forming a pyrimad with his hands, he glared down at her, a sinister and twisted smile spreading across his face.

"MuhahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAAHAAA!"

She tried to push past him, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "Look, you are kind of creeping me out...I'm going to go home." Sniffing, she pulled her hoodie up, " Can you please let me past?i just...I just want to leave, your parents have had me working all day, except my one hour lunch break and I'm pretty pissed, and creeped out....Would you stop doing that please?" A look of fear dripped through her eyes like thick paint as she watched him laugh evilly and she tensed even more, who was this guy and why was he trying to creep her out so badly?

"Sheesh. I took the time out to help you, the least you could do is humor me." he grumbled, folding his arms against his chest and frowning. "Fine, go on then." he said, stepping out of her way and waving her towards the door.

Sighing, she walked past him and turned, "Look, Thankyou for helping me with my chores, but it really wasn't necessary." She gave a brief, tired smile and then wrapped her arms around him momentarily in a hug. As she let go, she noticed his sour expression, "Hey, don't look at me like that....fine....How can I repay you?" Imitating his expression, she smirked.

His cheeks turned a light shade of red as she hugged him, and when she pulled away his eyes darted cross the room, before resting on his feet. "Um, uh..." he stammered, scratching the side of his head nervously, avoiding her eyes. "...let me walk you home? What kind of person would I be, if I let you walk home this late by yourself? A-anything can happen at this time if day, I-I"d be worried sick."

Raising an eyebrow, she smiled softly, "Sure....I can't see why not. I just need to put my clothes on, not these skimpy shorts, Hmph." She frowned, looking down at her basically bare legs, and hurried into the back room, where she put on her black jumper, and her jeans. (The one she was wearing in the pm xD )

As she came out, she was surprised to find him still standing there, any boy would usually have bolted away at this point. Flashing a genuine smile, she hurried over to him. "Sorry to keep you waiting." Relaxing, her expression softened as she waited for his reply. "What is your name?I didn't quite catch it before." It was pretty obvious, at this point, that she had a thick British accent, which of course made her sound reasonably soft and posh.

"Yea, it is pretty chilly out there." he said, his eyes following after her, as she went to the back to change clothes.

When she returned, he looked her over from head to toe, his eyes widening in surprise. "Wow, you look totally different." he said, regretting his words as soon as they came out of his mouth. "N-not that you looked bad before, you just look...better? N-no not better, what I'm trying to say is..." his voice trailed off as he brought the palm of his hand to his face, out of frustration.

"...Atticus..." he finally responded, after regaining his composure. "...my name's Atticus, what's yours?"

Smirking, she watched him as he trailed on, she knew he didn't mean it, and slightly what he had meant to say. "...Thanks?i guess. I suppose I will take that as a compliement." She giggle slightly.

Looking at him with slight concern, she cocked an eyebrow as he stuck his hand to his face. "Atticus," she repeated, "I like that, it's very quirky. I am Abel, Abel grace." She smiled and curtsied jokingly, "Nice to meet your acquaintance,sir."

"I think yours is just about as quirky as mine." he chuckled, bringing an arm to his chest, as he bowed deeply. "The pleasure is mine, madame."

He grinned as he walked over to the door, a blast of cold air making its way into the diner as he opened it, whipping his sandy blonde hair into his eyes. "L-ladies first?" he managed to say through chattering teeth, gesturing for her to go through the door first, before using his free hand to try and brush the hair out of his face.

Smiling, she pushed through the wind, her hair twisting in her pony tail. "...Mhm..." She mumbled, shielding her eyes from the icy cold winds. A few annoyed grunts could be heard as she battled the cold.

Walking through the restaurant car park, she sniffed. The stars shone, illuminating the black sky and she paused for a moment to look at the constellations, of which she didn't know, but enjoyed looking at them anyway. Reflecting the stars, her eyes widened and she softly smiled. It sure was a beautiful night.

Closing and locking the door behind him, Atticus hurriedly made his way over to her side. He stopped as he reached her, a puzzled expresion crossing his face as he followed her gaze upwards. His gaze lingering on the dazzling sight of countless stars brightening the night sky, before dropping back down to her face, a look of wonder coming across his as he stared over at her.

Turning to face him, she frowned at his expression then soon stopped. "....Was I staring?im sorry, I do that sometimes..." She blushed with embarrassment and began to walk away. Abel began to think about how stupid she was and how she should think about what she was doing. Letting out a giggle, she looked up at Atticus. "Hey, your hair is...everywhere....lemme sort it." She stood on her tiptoes, still not tall enough to reach his hair easily, but she combed it back with her fingers, tying it with a hair band. Choking on air slightly, she tried to withhold her laughter, "You look great."

His breath caught in his throat, as she got so close to him that he could feel her warm breath on his cheek. A hand rose to his chest as his heart seemed to skip a beat, his lungs burning for air as he held his breath until she finally finished playing in his hair. He took a couple steps backwards, gasping for air, his eyes meeting hers for a moment before looking back up at the night sky.

"So their are things in this world that put the beauty of the stars to shame." he muttered softly, giving her an awkward smile, and then walking over to a nearby car and checking his reflection in the window.

"I look like an idiot." he pouted, reaching for the hair band, he seemed to ontemplate his next move as he looked over at her and shrugged. "But since you went through all the trouble, I guess I'll keep it like this, just for now at least." his eyes closed as he gave her his most dazzling smile yet, shoving his arms into his jean pockets, as he walked back over to her.

"So, which way do you live?"

As he held his breath, her face froze into a confused look. "Breathe!...." She then pulled her jumper forwards and sniffed it, "Do I smell or something?". Her expression changed to an embarrassed one, where her gaze shifted to the ground, her cheeks reddened, and her lips were being chewed on by her teeth.

Shaking her head at him, she sighed, grinning. "...Nothing is truly more beautiful than the stars, I think,anyway..." Her gaze locked on him as she listened to him talk and she pointed at a nearby road, the houses on it sweet and old fashioned. "Down there, though we will have to keep our voices down, the majority of the people on my street are elderly. If I wake them, they'll have my guts for garters." As he flashed his smile, her heart skipped a beat for a second. It was such a cute smile, that she couldn't help smiling herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back