• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Talorn Empire (Accepting)(Always Accepting)

JustAlexandra

Mother of Tiny Lions
( Cychotic Cychotic is my Co-GM for this RP)

You are a supernatural being in the world of Talorn. One day, the door that had been on the surrounding wall The City of Astrid (the heart of Talorn) has been opened. The door has been there since everyone could remember, even the eldest of people in Talorn always remember the door being there.

The door has been closed by Talorn's government, and they are blocked by numerous guards. So far nothing has been able to get through since, but there has been stories about what has come out before the guards could get to them. Rumors, mostly, as not much is known about it and the .... things... that have come out of them had been taken away in the blink of an eye.

One day, the door is thrust open by what lies on the other side. Humans . They referred to as intruders by most.

A few are able to get in and away, but it's a blood bath. Most of the intruders who come in are killed on sight, and the door is closed quickly before any more can get through. The government is currently hiding that anything happened at all, but people saw the door open, they know what happened.

A bit about Talorn:

Talorn is teeming with supernatural life. From the people to the animals, nothing is how you would expect it. There are no humans. Their technology is behind, the farthest they have gotten is tube TVs. There are no cellphones, no computers. People prefer to carry swords, knives, bows, etc. There are few guns, but they do exist, and they are somewhat primitive. There are no cars and the roads are mostly dirt, but in some towns or cities they are cobblestone paths. The planet is filled with many lush forests and oceans, somewhat earth-like, but their plants are unlike ours, just like the animals. They are surrounding a star much hotter than ours, and their winters are quite short and mild. This being said, the people have grown accustomed to it.

Your part:

You are able to play as any sort of being you want. A guard, whose job is to kill the remaining humans - or capture them for interrogation. A normal creature, who wants nothing to do with the door. These people will make their own stories entirely. Creatures who don't like the human and creatures who do. Those who do are free to house humans, befriend them, etc. Those who don't can turn them into the authorities, or do whatever you'd like.

There will be 3 - 4 humans in the RP, depending on how many people we get interested in the RP. We will be making an application for humans because they are important in the RP and there can only be a certain amount.

PLEASE make your characters creative especially if you are a creature. You can be anything and I don't want to see 10 vampires and 6 werewolves. So if there is already one or two of those, please don't pick one.

LAYOUT:
If you've been in this RP before, you would know that in the past I have made many areas to RP in. Due to not being able to have a hosted RP at the time and how it has turned out to have so many threads, for now we will only be having three.

1. The main town - Astrid, where you can find the door (keep in mind you can be in this town and not be rping with the door)

2. The Bunker - underneath Astrid, where shady shit goes down. Also, could be known as "slums"

3. Woodlands - Area surrounding Astrid. There are some buildings around here, and you can have a lot of creative control over what is in this area.

THIS IS AN ADVANCED RP

This means NO one liners. PERIOD.

Your posts must be a minimum of TWO PARAGRAPHS (I promise, it's not that much! )

Your grammar and spelling need to be not shit. If you miss something here or there, fine. I'm talking about consistently poor writing, mostly. If English is not your first language and you are not confident just send me a message - I will make exceptions for this as long as you try.

IF YOU JOIN THIS RP AND NEED TO LEAVE - TELL ME AND THEN ACTUALLY LEAVE IT, DON'T LEAVE YOUR CHARACTER IN LIMBO FOREVER.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Last edited:
Oh God is this a cult? FUCK here goes another 3 years...

Alright so do I have to make my own robes or are they provided?

Yes yes of course.

Do you take West Fargo? I know they suck but I'm locked into this stupid thing where I owe money cause I tried to buy the moon but spent it all on thin mints.

Seriously you can eat like 4 boxes of those and be like "where the hell did they go?"

Yes yes of course.

Do you take West Fargo? I know they suck but I'm locked into this stupid thing where I owe money cause I tried to buy the moon but spent it all on thin mints.

Seriously you can eat like 4 boxes of those and be like "where the hell did they go?"
Ah I know the pain, but not with thin mints. Samoas, cheese, and other things are the same kryptonite for me. I do accept Wells Fargo and we will continuously supply you with thin mints.

I'm already fat from sitting around doing nothin for the past 6 months while I was in a cast lol

Thin mints PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBABLY won't help. Though uh...I hear protein shit makes you really fat so you uh stay still. Try that.

JustAlexandra JustAlexandra Cychotic Cychotic

I'm curious and potentially interested, but I have a few questions (all of them related to one another).

1. You said that these supernatural beings can be anything, and you specifically mentioned vampires and werewolves as options (albeit in a warning against too many). Does that mean creatures that were formerly-human are permitted? Or are we assuming, here, that anything such as a vampire or werewolf - both of which have a contagion that makes their 'condition' transferable to humans by one means or another - are instead their own 'race' of beings?

2. I would assume, if former humans are permitted, that any who remain living - or undead? - would be absolutely ancient, as the door to the human world here has been closed for as long as anyone can remember. Memories from their earliest years - when they were human - would probably be vague at best or non-existent at worst. Does that sound about right?

3. If former humans are permitted (and you did say we could be anything, right?), how do you feel about the ghost of a human?

I'm curious and potentially interested, but I have a few questions (all of them related to one another).

1. You said that these supernatural beings can be anything, and you specifically mentioned vampires and werewolves as options (albeit in a warning against too many). Does that mean creatures that were formerly-human are permitted? Or are we assuming, here, that anything such as a vampire or werewolf - both of which have a contagion that makes their 'condition' transferable to humans by one means or another - are instead their own 'race' of beings?

2. I would assume, if former humans are permitted, that any who remain living - or undead? - would be absolutely ancient, as the door to the human world here has been closed for as long as anyone can remember. Memories from their earliest years - when they were human - would probably be vague at best or non-existent at worst. Does that sound about right?

3. If former humans are permitted (and you did say we could be anything, right?), how do you feel about the ghost of a human?

SO, this brought up some interesting things to think about.
This is what I am thinking;
the vampires and humans do spawn from humans, but as you said they are ancient and don't remember much if anything about their change or their life before they turned. They especially remember very little about the human world. Maybe they remember scents or something in particular reminds them of something from their previous life but only 1 or two things really. (Maybe when they meet a human (if they meet one) they remember a bit more but the times would still be a lot different)
This being said we would allow VERY FEW of these characters in the Rp. One of each for now , but if we pick up a lot of interest then maybe more later.
If you'd like to play one of these characters I'll give you first dibs since you brought it up.

For the ghosts - I'd rather not have ghosts of humans in the RP. It makes things a bit complicated. You can play ghost-like creatures, just not ghosts of humans

This being said we would allow VERY FEW of these characters in the Rp. One of each for now , but if we pick up a lot of interest then maybe more later.
If you'd like to play one of these characters I'll give you first dibs since you brought it up.

I'll pass on that. I'm not a fan of playing vampires or werewolves, but it's good to know that the option is there.

For the ghosts - I'd rather not have ghosts of humans in the RP. It makes things a bit complicated. You can play ghost-like creatures, just not ghosts of humans

Unfortunate. I had the perfect character design for this, too.

Another question, if you don't mind. What era is the human world looking at when this happens?

I'll pass on that. I'm not a fan of playing vampires or werewolves, but it's good to know that the option is there.

Unfortunate. I had the perfect character design for this, too.

Another question, if you don't mind. What era is the human world looking at when this happens?

I'd say modern day, so Talorn is behind technologically but they have magic n shit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back