• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tally Ho!

Zer0

Haiku Hitman
1281_15144689.jpg
- Tally Ho! -
" OOC"

Welcome to Tally Ho! My boredom quick fix quest for your staple monster battles (decided by dice rolling, so we are never gonna' know what's going to happen next), dungeon crawls, crafting, evil baddies one must conquer, and add in a story with mysteries to boot --- did I mention the love triangle? Yes, so ladies and men (because, you know, men like love too), welcome, welcome ~

About me, hello, I'm Zer0! I shall be progressing this adventure every three days. I know some of you are excited about the love triangle, but first we need a man. And treat him right. I know he's going to be our romantic chu-chu, but we gotta' treat him right.

- Le Voting -
Feel free to vote by picking one from the choices that will be provided. They usually look like this:

[1] - Red pill
[2] - Blue pill

Though for the first choice down below, they are words for a bit of dramatic flair for it is our heroine.

If you see an option that looks like this:

[4] - ??

It means you, the reader, have the story in your hands and you can write up an option that other readers can vote for. Feel free to write whatever comes up in your creative mind~
None yet, we build this up as we go. Feel free to give ideas over at the OOC, and world build. One mind isn't enough to make this fun.
Soon, we'll be having our first encounter . . .

Announcements: Next update on February 13, 2018. How's your day goin'?

Last edited:
- Missing Pieces -
" Chapter One "

While attending a royal tournament of paladins, spellblades, and arcane archers, our heroine witnesses a legendary sword shatter in a duel. Onlookers are now scrambling to take its magical shards for themselves.

I am . . .

02685a49921bed03c0b5d710065b58e8.jpg

" Noble "
- A peaceful town librarian, who yearns to explore the world outside her books. Favors intelligence. -

800f4db2abe2910672fee76e62173c13--fantasy-art-men-fantasy-queen.jpg

" Desperate"
- A sad slave of the King. She yearns above all for freedom and to return home. Favors Dexterity -

010-concept-art-nacho-molina.jpg

" Victorious "
- A courageous lady, pretending to be a knight. She seeks valor and renown. Favors strength -

Looking at all the choices here, we have three stories that will each branch out in their own unique ways. But there's only one I got the eyes for.

Starting from the bottom up, the first of the three is a lady of courage, who fights with honor (probably) and wants to be known as one of the best knights that ever was. When she becomes a knight, of course. There's still a lot of paperwork to go through before that happens, you know how it is.

And then we have the slave story. Who knows what she became a slave for? Perhaps she was one from birth, perhaps a prisoner of some circumstance... or maybe the King can just walk up to someone and say "hey, you're my slave now, let's go". Whatever results from her escape from this fate, she's going to have to develop a new identity, along with a lifelong aversion to royalty and new exploits worthy of being in the next classic tale.

You might think, "man these are some pretty good stories man", but that's before you realize just how big of a shadow the last one casts over the others.

That's right, fellas. I'm here to tell you why you should pick the Noble.

Who would you gaze towards most when looking for a story of literary intrigue, full of intelligent converse and compelling romance?
Who of the three would you ask first for worldly knowledge, whether it be general knowledge or history on any city, organization, or living being in existence?
And who would be most suitable when a diplomatic resolution is required, where persuasion and restraint is preferable to outright violence?

It's gonna be the motherfucking librarian for every single one, my friends.

There are three keywords that should be greatly considered with the Noble in mind: peaceful, librarian, and intelligence.

You see those two sections on the very first post called Lore and Bestiary? Spend a day in the library and bam, that shit's all filled out.

Need to deal with situations in or out of combat? You have a spellbook, a persuasive tongue, and a peaceful demeanor to choose from. What else do you really need?

You can't beat the Noble, my friends. It's just not happening.

Hm...While it's possible that the Noble can talk her way out, there's still the Desperate who can somehow jump in and grab a shard to free herself. Same with Victorious who wants fame. Those two could be in the stadium to be part of it. For the wannabe knight, to fight and prove herself. For the slave, because the king is there to watch and she's forced to be there to serve the king. So...

I think Victorious is the most likely heroine here since she would be closer to the Arena and would get a view of what's going on better.

02685a49921bed03c0b5d710065b58e8.jpg
- Noble -

" A peaceful town librarian, who yearns to explore the world outside her books. Favors intelligence "​

"Stop, stop!" cried the king, rising from his seat. But no one was listening. "Soldiers, do not let anyone leave!"

Most of the crowd looked on aghast as a brawl erupted where the shattered pieces of the sword fell. Smitefist Cleaveborn, the paladin who wielded the legendary weapon, began knocking heads with a gauntlet fist; soldiers rushed in to tackle those who were escaping with the larger pieces of the shards, while the smaller remains were being trampled in the mud.

The paladin's opponent, a short knight in an armor of steel, trimmed with gold, wearing a helm that covered his face, by the name of Ulrick Thickvein, stepped back from the chaos before him, seeming surprised that his opponent's sword broke when it hit his shield. He looked at said shield for a moment, before he tossed that and his sword aside to help with the brawl.

Today was the Royal Tournament, where knights jousted, arcane archers competed, and spellblades bested each other in magic and arms. It was held once a month in different towns by the king in honor of his most loyal subjects. This month it the tournament was in the town of Oldham, and it was dedicated to the paladins of the Northern Cross, who had vanquished a terrible foe, a warlord called The Raven King about four hundred years ago, with the very sword that now lay shattered in the mud.

Watching among the crowd was a bespectacled lady, tall and slender, her brown hair tied loosely behind her head. She was the town librarian of Oldham, quiet and shy, whose nose was usually buried in the pages of a book. She was known for teaching the children and the folk how to read for a few coppers, and watching children when their parents are away on the farm. She was poor, but she got by.

Today though, she was not very quiet and shy as she looked on in shock with the other women as a few young men escaped the guards and were now scrambling through the crowd, right straight for her, the biggest pieces of the sword clutched triumphantly in their hands.

"Goodness gracious, Elena, they are coming this way!" cried the baker's wife.

[1] - Get out of the way. Those men are punching and kicking everyone who tries to make a grab for them, and what is a legendary sword to a librarian anyway, but just a decoration?

[2] - Stick leg out secretly. "I will stop them." said Elena determinedly. The nerve, after all the paladins have done, keeping their town safe, they try to steal their precious heirloom! (Strength Difficulty Check = 10)

[3] - Secretly snatch the shards from their hands. (Dexterity Difficulty Check = 8)

[4] - Persuade them to stop and hand the shards back. (Intelligence Difficulty Check = 12)​

*Difficulty Check = is the number dice rolls must reach to succeed. Depending on the action, attributes and qualities can be added to a roll, or drawbacks can be subtracted from it. For this story, we will roll a twenty-sided die, or 1d20.

- Elena Goodhart -
Health: 4/4 | Manna: 10/10 | Armor: 0
Condition: Healthy​

Attributes:
  • Intelligence: 4
  • Strength: 1
  • Dexterity: 1
Qualities:
  • Photographic Memory: +2 Knowledge
  • Soft Spoken: +2 Persuasion
  • Loves Food: +2 Cooking
Drawbacks:
  • Out of Shape: -1 Physical Endurance
  • Clumsy: -1 Stealth
Money: 1 silver, 10 coppers

Weapons:
Main Hand: -
Off-hand: -​

Armor:
Head: -
Torso: Comfy Dress, Armor 0
Legs: Sandals, Armor 0
Hands: -​

Accessories:
Trinket I: Mother's necklace
Trinket II:​

Backpack: Satchel
  1. Sandwich
  2. Apple
  3. Coin Pouch
  4. Hairbrush
  5. Parchment
  6. Quill and Ink
  7. Small Book

I'd like to think Elena would not simply attempt to step out of the way, but they're angling to push right past her and after that they're home free. There's no chance of her being just another bystander this time.

Perhaps they can be persuaded to stop what they're doing, and do the right thing here. It won't be easy for them, but it's way better than being labeled as a criminal.

Yo dude, we should totally persuade these guys into giving those shards back cause that's like um... Not cool and stuff!

I choose options 4! :D

Last edited:
medieval_town_by_robintran-d8zov53.jpg

- Royal Tournament -
" Oldham Town "

3601f18e665cb2845870e6aad5253a48.jpg

"Cease and desist, ruffians!" cried Elena, stepping directly in their path with a palm up.

"Get outta' the way, Miss Elena!" yelled one of them angrily. She recognized him as Barry Bartmoore, one of the hunters who lived on the mountains to the north. He was a mercenary by trade, but made his living nowadays trading fur and meat. He ran with a motley crew that don't tell anyone where they get their coins. They were always watched by the guards, but whatever their dealings were, it wasn't inside of town.

Elena didn't budge. Barry made to swerve around her, but she grabbed the hand that held the sword shard, and she was dragged along as she said, "Barry, you and your friends will be dancing on the end of a rope by tomorrow morning if you don't --- stop ---" she struggled as he tried to pry her off. "You cannot hope to escape the paladins, nor the town guards, they know who you are!" Now his friends were trying to pull Elena off, but she clung tightly.

"There will be mercy if you give yourselves up, right now!"

Whatever made Barry hesitate on hurting her and not simply break free, it won out as the guards caught up and surrounded them. He had a somewhat defeated look in his eyes as though he knew the truth in what Elena had said.

"Geroff her!" said a guard pulling a man off of Elena. "Miss, are you alright?"

"Y-yes, I'm fine." said Elena, pulling her dress sleeve up and fixing her hair; the guards whacked Barry and his friends, as they were being pulled back to the combat ring where the rest of the captured onlookers were being made to kneel before a very angry king. The librarian hurried after them, not wanting them to be killed, but as she bent down to pick up her fallen satchel and its spilled contents, she noticed that among her apples a piece of the shard, as small as a fingernail, had been left behind, unnoticed by anyone.

[1] - Keep the sword shard.

[2] - Go up and give the sword shard to one of the guards.

[3] - Go up and give the sword shard to the king and ask for a reward.​

- Elena Goodhart -

Attributes:
Qualities:
Drawbacks:

Weapons:

Armor:

Accessories:

1. Sandwich
  2. Apple
  3. Coin Pouch
  4. Hairbrush
  5. Parchment
  6. Quill and Ink
  7. Small Book

Last edited:
Hmmmmm... Tough choice. We did stop Barry from taking the shards so we won't just do a 180 and take a shard. But if we give it to the king we could get positive relations with him but asking a reward when he is angry isn't a good idea. I suggest we give the Shard to the king but we won't ask for a reward, only hope that we possibly get one, if not we still did our duty as a good citizen.

So option 3 but we don't ask for a reward but only hope we get one.

0c41bc600b22a567207ff42f598f55ae.jpg

- Royal Tournament -
" Oldham Town "

The king was fuming as he looked down upon the guilty thieves. "Disgrace . . . Is this how you repay the Paladins of the Northern Cross? They who guard your borders, keep you safe from the monsters in the forest?! If it was not for our laws to give men the freedom to plead their case before punishment, I would have you all hanged this very moment! Speak, let everyone here hear your defense!"

The crowd was silent. It seemed the tournament was put on hold, as everyone was gathering to see what the hulabaloo was about; Elena paused behind the guard who was carrying the largest of the broken shards, it seemed rude to interrupt the king now, and he was scary; in the distance, some paladins and guards on their mounts were giving chase to a handful who have managed to break through and were now making a quick escape to the farm lands.

"M-my, lord, forgive me," started a trembling man, who was white as a sheet. "Please b-believe me, but I did not know what overcame me. I do not remember how I came to have a piece of the sword in my h-hand --- I am Hama the Baker, I was watching just as the sword shattered, and then quite suddenly I found myself wrestling with a guard." Hama was a hardworking man, a good neighbor, who wouldn't even dare enter a farm if there were barking dogs at the gate. He definitely wouldn't have the gall to try to steal a piece of the legendary sword right in front of the king.

"Sire, that's what happened to me too!" croaked a man, desperately, obviously lying. This was one of Barry Bartmoore's friend's, a scallawag who's usually found drunk, but was still nimble with a blade anyway. His name was Preed, he did odd jobs around Oldham's docks, and was a suspect for a great many travelers who woke up on the road to find their purses gone, but no one was ever able to prove it. Odd that such a careful thief would steal something in the open.

The cases of the people were as such, some claimed to have been hoodwinked, as though a spell had been cast upon them, some lied with them, while others openly admitted to stealing a piece of the shard to sell it because they had heard rumors from the legend of the Raven King, that it had come from the moon goddess, and so must be a powerful magical artifact, though the sword has never showed an ounce of magic since the Raven King's fall --- except that the blade was always sharp, and it never rusted.

The paladin, Smitefist Cleaveborn, who stood beside the king together with Sir Ulrick Thickvein, who was still wearing his helmet and carrying the shield that shattered his opponent's sword, whispered something to the king.

The king then silenced all the blabbering thieves and announced that he will prolong judgement until the mystery of the sword's shattering was solved. It was a much graver matter, and they suspect a wizard is involved. In the meantime, no one was to leave the tournament area until the king's warlocks and the paladins have finished speaking to everyone present.

This elicited a groan from the crowd. There were hundreds of onlookers and the questioning may take days. Where will they find food and shelter? As the king's servants attended to the people, the guard with the shard came up to present to the King and Sir Cleaveborn the recovered shards.

"Good work." said the King to the guard, and the shards were carefully taken by Cleaveborn. "Take note of his name and the name of his comrades, Sir Catterwall," he said to a servant, "you and your friends will be honored for your service."

"Thank you, your majesty." bowed the guard deeply.

"E-erm, King Terenas, here is a piece of the shard." piped Elena, lowering her eyes and kneeling. "It had fallen among my scattered belongings during the struggle." she presented the tiny nail-sized piece to him.

The guard beside her was surprised she didn't just give it to him.

"You are the woman who held on to one of the thieves." said the King, surprised. "Rise, my child, rise." he said, as Cleaveborn carefully took the tiny shard too. Because it was so small, he had removed his gauntlet, and Elena caught a brief glimpse of a faded tattoo partially hidden under his chainmail sleeves: the tattoo of a raven.

But wasn't that . . . the mark of the Raven King?

"My child, your name?" said the King.

"O-oh! It is Elena, my lord!" said Elena, just realizing that she had spaced out. "Elena Goodhart, librarian of Oldham, and your servant." she bowed again.

"Brave, that was very brave of you, Elena. Take note of her, Sir Caterwall. You will be honored for your brave deed, Lady Elena."

Elena smiled and curtsied, as Cleaveborn thanked her as well --- but there was something a little forced in the paladin's smile.

"Rest in one of the tents of my court members, my lady, you and your friends and family who came to the tournament, the warlocks will be speaking to you first so that you all can leave early." said the King. "Caterwall, see to it, that she's taken care of."

"Yes, your majesty." said a balding man with a big belly, known to everyone in the land as King Terenas' most trusted servant. " This way, Lady Elena."

"E-erm, your majesty." said Elena quite suddenly.

[1] - "D-do the paladins of the Northern Cross have a tattoo of a raven on their wrists?"

[2] - "No, it's nothing. Thank you for your generosity, your majesty."

[3] - (Reader's, feel free to write your own line or control Elena)

- Elena Goodhart -

Attributes:
Qualities:
Drawbacks:

Weapons:

Armor:

Accessories:

1. Sandwich
  2. Apple
  3. Coin Pouch
  4. Hairbrush
  5. Parchment
  6. Quill and Ink
  7. Small Book

(Huh, this looks interesting. Count me in!)
[2] Let's keep what we saw to ourselves until we can find out more, no need to rush to conclusions.

(Huh, this looks interesting. Count me in!)
[2] Let's keep what we saw to ourselves until we can find out more, no need to rush to conclusions.

I agree with Viper, pointing this out now will not be beneficial. Unless we have solid proof we cannot be sure. Maybe we can go snooping later but for now it is best to mark this down for later and maybe research it.

- Royal Tournament -
" Sir Caterwall's Tent "

"No, it's nothing. Thank you for your generosity, your majesty." said Elena, bowing. She passed by the prisoners as she followed Sir Caterwall, noticing that her friend, the wife of the baker Hama, was anxiously asking her husband what had happened, but she couldn't hear over all the hubub, and she was too busy for her to see Elena's comforting glance. The librarian was going to ask the king for at least the baker's freedom.

Sir Caterwall led her through a ring of royal knights who were guarding the tents of the king and his court members. The autumn sun cast a golden glow upon the auburn trees. Shades of red and ember orange carpeted the ground, where countless hooves had trampled it into mud.

It was nearly winter, and every now and then they would get sleets of freezing rain and snow. It seems the cold was coming early this year, but that also means it was going to last shorter than last year, which was good news to the farmers. Already they were butchering their pigs, as it was now cold enough to help them keep the meat fresh. The two passed by servants and slaves going about their daily duties. She looked on sadly as a couple of them didn't have any shoes, only straw-stuffed cloth wrappings for the cold.

Braziers were burning in the cool air as they came upon a blue tent that apparently was Sir Caterwall's. He hospitably offered it to Elena, then excused himself after taking a list of the names of her friends, whom he was going to bring here. A guard was standing watch at the tent flap, so the librarian felt safe as she entered and awkwardly made herself comfortable.

She had never been in a noble's tent before, and she looked about sitting on a stool with her hands clasped together, as though she was unsure if she was allowed to touch anything. The inside was richly decorated in smooth silk and furs, and smelled of perfumes. 'A single candle holder would set me for a year.' she thought as she examined one made of pure gold.

Her thoughts went to her friends and the possible punishment the onlookers might receive, then she spotted the bed. She would probably never get a chance like this again, and promptly flopped on the very comfortable bedding, sighing in relief. To be able to afford a comfortable life was good . . . maybe that's why those people tried to steal the shards. She glanced at Sir Caterwall's belongings carelessly left on a small table. Jewelries, a silver brooch, and a spell book among parchments and papers. Curious, she stood up to peer down and read a couple. They seemed to be about tax collections and she wasn't surprised to see that her town of Oldham was unable to make its due again. This means families will be moving out before winter.

The king was always on a campaign to conquer the neighboring lands of the barbarians, hence the heavy taxes on the people. It's been a couple of years since it has started and the royal army has had many victories, bringing in slaves such as the ones outside for trade.

[1] - Secretly forge tax papers to lighten the tax load on Oldham.

[2] - Steal something that wouldn't be missed.

[3] - Read the spell book.

[4] - Do nothing.

[5] - (Readers, feel free to write something and control Elena)

- Elena Goodhart -

Attributes:
Qualities:
Drawbacks:

Weapons:

Armor:

Accessories:

1. Sandwich
  2. Apple
  3. Coin Pouch
  4. Hairbrush
  5. Parchment
  6. Quill and Ink
  7. Small Book

- Town of Oldham -
" Elena's Home "

The spell book entitled, Elementa Exordii, caught Elena's eye. It was leather bound and was opened to a chapter on lightning spells, where a bookmark and a paper scribbled with notes on pointers of how to do a chain lightning spell properly lay on top of it. She bit her lower lip, hesitating for a moment, before nudging the bookmark and paper aside, then plucked the book off the desk. She plopped back on the bed, excitedly thumbing through the pages.

New Spells Learned "Sentinel" || 2 Mp. Wards an area for 2 hours. An alarm against intrusion that warns Elena either mentally or audibly if something as large as a dog or bigger enters or touches the area. Those who speak the password do not trigger the alarm. Limit: 100 m. diameter.

"Protego" || 2 Mp. +4 Armor for one round or six seconds. A deflecting shield charm.

"Detect Magic" || 1 Mp. Sense magical wards, arcane vibes from items, people, and areas where recent arcane spells have been cast.

"Chain Lightning" || 3 Mp. 4 dmg. Upon rolling an even number, lightning arcs and strikes next nearest opponent. This spell creates a very loud thunder.

In those few minutes, her photographic memory allowed her to memorize four spells, and boy was she intrigued. She had read spell books before, but they were all basic household spells she already knew by heart, since she was a little girl. This book on the other hand was not for petty wizards and witches, inside were spells for warlocks, mages that are trained in combat. Warlocks are usually in the service of the kingdom or a guild, since those without good allegiances are looked upon with suspicion.

Those with magic in their blood were uncommon. A mage is like a bear among men. Very easily can they overpower those who cannot do magic, or secretly sway the minds of influential officials who cannot protect themselves. And so, everyone believes they must be watched and controlled.

Yet all mages are born with different levels of talent and capabilities. Petty witches who only know household spells, and struggle with even the most simple of combat incantations are usually left alone if they are good. Elena knows she is thought to be one of them, but only her closest friends and family know that her kitchen spells are good enough to scare away rats from her pantry with hopping waste baskets that shoot out twigs, and floating knives that can chase away burglars, or pour hot water on them from a floating kettle.

Her friends may be arriving any minute now with Sir Caterwall and she didn't want him to think her impolite, looking through his spell book that looked like he wasn't done with it, but there was probably time to look at one more spell. One of a higher tier that she could perhaps use to make more money or defend herself.

Learn . . .

[1] - Comprehend Languages || Mp 1. Elena understands all spoken and written languages. Lasts 1 hour.

[2] - Silent Image || Mp 3. Creates a minor illusion of Elena's design. +3 sneak.

[3] - Sleep || Mp 3. Knocks a target out for a couple of hours.

[4] - Fireball || 2 Mp. 2 dmg. Your average bolt of flames. Spell can be altered to be used like a match or floating torch.​

All too soon, the flap opened, but Elena was already once more on her stool, sitting all proper with the spell book back on the table. Her friends, two housewives together with their children greeted her admirably, impressed with how brave she clung on Barry before the guards came. They were worried about Hama and his wife, and would seek their friend once the questionings were done.

Sir Caterwall came in with the warlocks who were to question Elena and her friends, but he paused for a moment, looking at his spell book on the desk and frowning, as though he realized someone had moved it. Elena wasn't sure if she should say anything, but the king's most trusted servant didn't comment.

Elena and her friend's stories checked out, and they bade their host a farewell. Sir Caterwall had said that he will come by tomorrow to Elena's house to see what gift would be fitting for the deed she had done today, and she said she will be looking forward to his visit.

For the rest of the day, the talk in town was about the shattering of the sword, and Elena had many visitors in her little library asking her all about what happened. Hama's wife, Dottie, came back later that night, very sad. Her husband was to be taken to the paladins' keep tomorrow and she didn't know when he was going to see him again.

- Elena Goodhart -

Spells Learned:
"Sentinel" || 2 Mp. Wards an area for 2 hours. An alarm against intrusion that warns Elena either mentally or audibly if something as large as a dog or bigger enters or touches the area. Those who speak the password do not trigger the alarm. Limit: 100 m. diameter.

"Protego" || 2 Mp. +4 Armor for one round or six seconds. A deflecting shield charm.

"Detect Magic" || 1 Mp. Sense magical wards, arcane vibes from items, people, and areas where recent arcane spells have been cast.

"Chain Lightning" || 3 Mp. 4 dmg. Upon rolling an even number, lightning arcs and strikes next nearest opponent. This spell creates a very loud thunder.
Attributes:
Qualities:
Drawbacks:

Weapons:

Armor:

Accessories:

1. Sandwich
  2. Apple
  3. Coin Pouch
  4. Hairbrush
  5. Parchment
  6. Quill and Ink
  7. Small Book

3. While I would love the other spells, this seems the most useful for getting out if dodge real quick. After all if we're are in a Hairy situation we can knock our opponent out for awhile and bring the guards to arrest him.

3. While I would love the other spells, this seems the most useful for getting out if dodge real quick. After all if we're are in a Hairy situation we can knock our opponent out for awhile and bring the guards to arrest him.
I agree. I was debating between this and fireball, but I think sleep suits our personality better.

PiratesTownStreet_Night.jpg
- Town of Oldham -

" Elena's Home "

That night under the flickering flame of a candle light, Elena stayed up late reading about the legend of the Raven King and the mark she had seen on Sir Cleaveborn's wrist. She was snug under her blankets, inattentive to the merry sound of the tavern a couple of houses away and the choir of drunks. The occasional chatter of passing folks came and went beneath her bedroom window, as the smell of of a smoking pipe wafted from next door.

She had told no one of what she had seen, not even her close friends, and as she studied a history book on the founding of the town of Oldham, her suspicions were confirmed. It was the mark of the Raven King. She closed the book with a snap.

"What does this mean?" she pondered out loud, heart beating fast. There is no way that a Paladin of the Northern Cross would bear that mark, it is traitorous. Maybe she had seen wrong . . . maybe it was another type of bird? That's it, it was probably a dove or an eagle . . .

Biting her lower lip, she opened the book again where the mark lay. It was a chapter on the legend of the sword and the fall of the Raven King, and this is how it went:

Four hundred years ago, the land was under the terrifying reign of a warlord, whose real name was lost in the pages of history. Some said he was mortal, a warlord with a thirst for power, the blood lust and destruction he unleashed was real enough, but others say he was a demon who had risen from the underworld.

Back then, when the land was filled with so much hatred, humanity itself disappearing like smoke. The moon answered the prayers of the suffering people and came down from the heavens as a sword of light that drove away the darkness. The sword came upon the paladin Arthas and he fought the raven for seven days and seven knights without rest, until finally, he smote down his foe upon the valley of tears.

The sword remained with him that day, and he founded the Paladins of the Northern Cross, who have safeguarded this land ever since. The sword had never changed, never dulled, never rusted . . . so why did shatter today?

Elena didn't have the answers, and frankly it was beyond her. This was a matter for kings and knights, not a simple town librarian whose worries revolved around retrieving overdue books, haggling for the best price for vegetables and the occasional fish in the market place, and keeping her house clean. But if that was really the mark of the raven . . . then, something evil must be afoot . . . But what could she do? . . . She decided to sleep on the matter. Sir Caterwall was coming tomorrow, she could tell him about it and if she was wrong then, that's alright. Better to be safe than sorry.

She folded her glasses and kept them in her drawer, then blew out the candle light.

Elena fell into a dream of castles and horses, and of princes and a life of adventure. Wouldn't it be wonderful if she asked for enough gold to travel the world? See the sights and eat different kinds of food. She was atop a horse, galloping across a field, laughing as she felt the wind on her face. Then something shiny falling down from the sky caught her eye, the legendary sword!

"Hya!" she urged her horse forward. She has to catch it, it musn't shatter again. Or something bad will happen. But something odd was going on, she seemed to be slowing down.

" Before the dawn comes and the clouds break, you will forget all that's to forget before you awake."

Who said that? She looked behind her, and at the same time, woke up.

A livid skull, glowing eyes overwhelming with death, was staring straight at her. And it was casting a spell!

[1] - Cast "Sleep!" (-3 Manna.)

[2] - Cast "Protego"! (-2 Manna)

[3] - Cast "Chain Lightning"! (-3 Manna)

[4] - Hit it with a book.

user-image-large.jpg

- Elena Goodhart -

Spells Learned:
"Sentinel" || 2 Mp. Wards an area for 2 hours. An alarm against intrusion that warns Elena either mentally or audibly if something as large as a dog or bigger enters or touches the area. Those who speak the password do not trigger the alarm. Limit: 100 m. diameter.

Sleep || Mp 3. Knocks a target out for a couple of hours.

Attributes:
Qualities:
Drawbacks:

Weapons:

Armor:
Torso: Nightgown, Armor 0
Legs: -

Accessories:
Trinket I: -
Trinket II: -​

1. Coin Pouch
  2. Parchment
  3. Quill and Ink

Hmmmm. I think in this situation Protego isn't such a good idea.

I'm split on either chain lightning or sleep. I'm not sure about Using sleep because I'm not sure about whether or not the spell will affect a dead skull, though I might be wrong. Chain lighting would be most likely the best choice but it will be loud enough to cause attention.

3. Because I'm not sure sleep will work and we can alert the town and our neighbors about something strange. Besides this is likely to stop the skulls spell since it will be interrupted. We damage it and most likely save ourselves. It's just a more safer option than sleep, and if the person who made the monster is in our home, they may be close enough to hit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back