• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Tales From the Verge Crew Log

Other
Here

Error 420

One Thousand Club
This is the signup sheet for Tales From the Verge! You can submit whatever you'd like, but the only info I need are the species, name, and a brief description of any important physical or mental traits. I don't want a character sheet per say, rather just a brief overview of how you think your character will be in the crew. It is greatly liked but not neccesary to have established relationships to at least one other character.

Just a reminder, your character can be any lifeform you can imagine, and act and do whatever. Regardless, consider that all of the characters are crewmates and will have to work in close proximity, so Vlad the Skull Raper likely would not be a great choice on a ship full of little baby space angels.

If your character is a human or similar or other pre-established species, you don't have to describe their full appearance, unless they're an Orc.

Finally, don't put too much work into this. Just put down the details you think are important, it won't take you a full afternoon.

Name: Alexander Hendriks
Species: Human
Appearance:
2a260aaa4df1654efe4c5e8f2569f70a--beautiful-men-photos-of.jpg
soldier_riot_cop_concept_by_littlewing2-d7xx6ak.jpg
What he does: He's part of the security team, dealing with any threats to the crew
Personality: He's not the person usually to fool around, always on watch looking out for a threat. He's a loyal person and he values all crew members. He's quite an emotionless person, usually only showing emotions to people close to him. Alexander is a just person, always doing what seems right and whats best for the crew.

So what's he like physical or personality wise, what he himself likes, or what he's like in the crew? I don't think I'm understanding it correctly.

So what's he like physical or personality wise, what he himself likes, or what he's like in the crew? I don't think I'm understanding it correctly.

What is he like as a person? Does he have any specific personality, any specific values, goals, dreams? How's he with kids.

He is a fair person, not favoring anybody, he enforces the law no matter who it is, and his goal in life is to make the galaxy as peaceful as possible.

This is a character I had from an old RP. I'm happy to edit her history as you see fit.

Also for those of you who have triggers: This character has mental health issues and her ways of dealing with it discussed in her history. No details, just facts. But if that's at all a concern to you, please be forewarned.
Tyra Blair

• 1537205917154-png.482739
    Tyra gathered her things, and her hand paused over the sacred rocks. Each were marked with her spirit animal, the fox. She gathered all four of them and dropped them into a special pouch, and laid the pouch down carefully inside her bag. She continued to gather clothing and other supplies, eventually tying her pack up. She swung it over her shoulder, and settled the pack between her shoulder blades. Tyra walked two steps before coming to the mirror, cracked and long past its heyday. Still, it showed her reflection--feathers in her hair, freckles on her face. She gave herself a smile and a nod, and adjusted her pack. Today would be a good day. She was sure of it.

Nation: America
    Crew Role: Mechanic
    Skills: Specialized in repairing and constructing engines of all kinds, specifically larger space vessels. She also solves puzzles and has an over-developed sense of spatial awareness.

Attachments

• 1537205917154.png
    1537205917154.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 48
Yatasal Yatasal just a little note, this takes place billions of years in the future. If Earth still exists, it probably doesn't have a Utah. That being said, I hate to see so much work go to waste and if you'd like, we can have your character just be frozen for a really long time or stumble through a time warp to present day.

Changing the location won't be a problem, no worries! But on that note, the time warp thing sounds awesome. The original RP that this character was intended for was about this ship (the einstein) that got lost in a different part of the galaxy. Kinda like Star Trek Voyager. Anyway, we can keep all of her backstory and just add that she's the lone survivor from this ship that was testing a new warp drive technology. The tech sent the ship billions of years into the future, and she's the only survivor because of... stuff...

Vague character idea:

Name: Amber Rosewood

Race: Fae*

Appearance: About one foot tall, with beautiful translucent-iridescent insectoid wings (a shape reference is just... a dragonfly. Any dragonfly). She has tiny pointed ears and sharp, dark green eyes, and her skin is a pale brown with dark freckles. Her hair is a pixie-cut (haha) of rosy pink. Her general outfits consist mostly of flowery, sometimes ethereal-looking sundresses, but she also has a custom-tailored teeny-tiny suit of futuristic armour in case there's a dangerous mission she needs to be on, and she also has a small coat for cold.

Personality: Curious about everything if it's not potentially lethal or actively trying to kill her. This is why she likes both cultural studies and diplomacy. Amber is actually very tactful and an excellent communicator, so in her past she’s often chosen as an ambassador to other cultures. Her eagerness to learn about said other cultures is also very helpful. And of course, while fae can't actually outright fabricate lies, she can still be very misleading and manipulative when she needs to be, but she doesn't particularly like to be. Unprofessionally, she is very fun-loving and mischievous. If you want to prank another crew member, you ask her for help. She is very loyal and very protective of her friends, however. Considering fae law, it's kind of like the ‘nobody gets to pick on my sibling but me’ mentality, except it extends to everyone she might be working with .

Miscellaneous: Amber can communicate very effectively with most animals. Not perfectly, of course, but she can easily understand their body language and social cues and talk right back. Keep an eye on her; she might come back from a mission riding some small quadrupedal creature like a horse.
Wind is not her friend.
Her favorite foods are fruit. Literally almost any fruit, the sweeter the better.
Amber is fluent in Terran Gaelic, intergalactic common, and about two other relatively commonplace intergalactic languages.

*A little bit of history: So it turns out the Irish weren't wrong about faeries. They just weren't exactly Terran in the first place.
They originated in an 'uninhabited' arboreal planet, with flora and fauna besides them, but no other visible civilized presence. But because their presence was so discreet, conquests came without an inkling of the people that they destroyed. Of course, numerous did get lost in the wood and die, but they just took at as the way things went. Soon enough, the fae needs some way to preserve themselves, so they fled and made a tiny, remote colony on this place called Earth. They kept to themselves and watches as human civilization grew and collapsed around them and they remained nothing but folklore. And if you're wondering about their power with names, that's simply a very heavy part of their very difficult-to-understand legal system. It's a legal system that, regardless of where they live now, they simply can't abandon. So yes, giving her your name gives her a small measure of power over you (a little easier to trick, not illegal to trick), but given that her life or the legacy of her people isn't being threatened, she's not gonna use it for anything malicious.
Of course, there were some other few who migrated elsewhere in the universe to other planets uninhabited in an attempt to start totally from scratch. One of these planets is the one which Amber comes from.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back