• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Take You Over

Temma-Kati

I like your shoelaces.

2C15ACD6-5AFE-4F15-B984-4D1042B2198E-12617-00000C2F24703E6E_tmp.gif

@Lurker Hello, friend.

I have created our realm.

Everything the light touches is our kingdom.

Especially the shadowed area.

Anyways, hello hello! I will have a starting post in a moment. ^.^

Jinx was rather like a shy kitten.

She enjoyed warm, sunny spots paired with soft pillows. So, in particular - the very back window seat of the library. The widow was domed outwards just a bit, and there was a soft, comfortable pad on the seat paired with a few decorative pillows. The sunlight was light and silver, reflecting off falling snowflakes and the blanket of plush ice crystals over the ground - the ight seemed to make Jinx's alabaster skin glow, which in turn made her permanently tousled hair seem darker. It was already as black as it could naturally come - twisting over her form like pretty shadows. Dressed in a pair of warm knit leggings tucked into cute snow boots, Jinx had tossed on a long-sleeve black shirt and  large, loose knit cardigan-like sweater. It was warm, comfortable,and the long sleeve fell over her hands unless she pulled them up. Her petite form seemed even smaller.

Today, the prestigious boarding school - Nightvale Academy- had cheerfully announced that all programs and lessons were be canceled today for the students to enjoy the snow. Jinx, however, took the opportunity to forget the uniform of black pleated skirts, black tights, and silver tops and curl up in the library, reading silently to herself with her apple-green eyes. Her knees pulled upwards, her back supported by the wall and pillows, Jinx had a thermos of bitter pine tea on the little stand next to the seat, right by the next book in the series she was reading. The school-provided breakfast was half eaten by the silver container, the homemade bagel spread with the finest cream cheese money could buy. 

And so there Jinx D'Claire remained, tucked into a shy position and content with her readings. Sipping at hot pine tea, flipping pages quietly, her phone and earbud forgotten at her side - she was in her element in the silver sunlight at 10:36 AM. 

0D8020C4-2260-492C-B333-12E42CAB22B0-7014-00000652C21ED4B8_tmp.jpg

Seth sighed, the conversation going around him barely registering in his mind. He was surrounded by people as usual, all vying for his attention. He loved the attention but today it just felt stifling. The group of ten or so people sat in the courtyard of school, Seth sitting on a brick wall. His feet dangled idly as he looked around for something to do.

The Corsair family was an incredibly wealthy one. It was rumored that Seth's father participated in black market dealings to make a large portion of his money but no one could ever prove it. Seth was being groomed to become the leader of the company, Corsair Industries. It had come as a shock to many when Seth chose to come to Nightvale Academy. He could have gone to any school in the entire world and they would have been proud to have him. He had been getting letters from Harvard, Oxford, Yale to name a few. All of those schools sounded dreadfully boring to Seth though. The real reason he had chosen to come to Nightvale however, he didn't know if he was ready to admit that to himself.

As a natural born leader, Seth tended to attract the other popular kids. Many of them would do anything he said if they thought he would give them some praise. Then there were the girls. Well, Seth likened them more to groupies. They followed him around virtually everywhere. Seth didn't mind it, they were attractive enough he supposed. Either way it made him even more popular with the guys. They would tell extravagant stories about what Seth did with the groupies when he was alone. Seth never said there was any truth to the stories, but he didn't deny them either.

The teen sighed, running a hand through his short brown hair. "I wish they had told us class was cancelled sooner. I wouldn't have just stayed in my room." The usual hum of agreement spread through the group of people. It was common for everyone to agree with whatever Seth said. He returned his hands inside the pocket of his black hoodie, looking around the courtyard again. Seth rarely wore the school uniform in the first place, opting to wear whatever was most comfortable. Today he was wearing a black hoodie with a plain t shirt underneath and blue jeans. The teachers never said anything to him. When Seth had chosen to make this his school his father had donated ten million dollars to the school. Because of this he had been made chairman, though he never came to any meetings. It was well known that his father let Seth decide any decisions that the chairman would normally make. And so, at least a little, Seth ran the school.

Eventually, Seth found something that piqued his interest. He saw a girl sitting all alone through the library window. The teen motioned his head towards the window. "Who's that?" There was a moment of silence as everyone in the group turned to look at who he was talking about. "Oh that's Jinx." Many more comments were made about her personality but Seth hardly cared. Often times any kid who wasn't popular was instantly labeled weird by the popular kids. He shrugged and pushed himself off the wall. He was bored of the group around him already. He began walking over to the library, some people trying to follow him. Seth merely held up a hand and everyone returned back to the wall and began talking again, no doubt whispering about Seth going to talk to the 'weirdo'.

Once inside the library Seth walked to where the girl sat, careful not to disturb her. "You know. Class is cancelled today. You can do something besides read." He stared at the girl, his green eyes gazing at her intensely. He found it strange he had never heard of this girl. He tried to know everyone at the school. If you knew someone's name they felt more inclined to trust you, after all.

Dylan-OBrien-Favorite-Music-Movies-Sports-Biography.jpg

Jinx had jumped in surprise when there was suddenly a voice - and more surprisingly, a voice aimed at her of all people. The sudden jump sent her book sliding to the floor, the title written in Japanese. Her apple green eyes, the one true thing of color across her entire form, flicking upwards, Jinx's eyes scanned over Seth's face before immediately dipping downwards, although her book had been shuffled closed once it hit the floor. The pale girl leaned down and picked up the bound paper, her hair falling with a tousled flair.

So, some of what Seth's friends had told him about her were true. Her skin was almost as pale as the snow outside, although her apple green eyes were shockingly pure green. Most had flakes of blue or brown, but she had only layers and layered of greens. Her choice of clothing was a bit odd compared to the other girls - she was obviously one for warmth and comfort, unlike many others who wore for "winter fashion." 

Her persona was also what many said it was. She was shy, nervous around people in general - but what hadnt shown yet was the sting her soft words could carry, he sarcastic comments on the brink of her tongue. She had a few close friends and very few casual acquaintances - quantity over quality, it was for Jinx. Her eyes were shaped with just a slight influence of the Japanese, which was what her father gave her. Her mother gave her the lovely features and pale ski - it was the signature look of the D'Clairemother and daughter, and it was what brought in many offers for a modeling career. However, Jinx declined all of those, instead taking after her father with his fascination for literature, arts and music. 

If Jinx had one talent to brag about, it was her ability to create music from anything. Paired with any instrument and a ten-minute lesson, she could create invisible artwork to be heard instead of sing. Her room room had several cases and cleaning oils, her guitar polished and tuned to perfection front and center. It was her prize instrument, a simple thing - worth only about a hundred and eighty dollars, the Fender CD-60 was old and well-loved. Perhaps in the business world it was penniless - in Jinx's eyes, it was priceless

"I prefer to keep to my own interests," She said in her quiet, soft voice. There was a lilt - an accent, one usual for America. A glittering charm hung at her neck, a simple for pure diamon from a fine silver chain. Seth and his family may have been rumored to be black market titans, and a company to challenge - but Jinx's family was much more subtle. Her mother was a model, and despite her age, Mrs. D'Claire was asked for across the world. Her father ran a gem and precious metal mining company, along with the jewelers who used his materials.

Jinx had transfered to America from Japan not long ago, just at the beggining of the year. For a week or so, the rumors of her bank numbers and foreignism had crowds of people around her- yet sh seemed to have slipped from attention flawlessly, soon forgotten. However, her name was still known - as proven by Seths friends. "Can I help you with something?" She asked in her quiet voice, hugging the book across her chest almost protectively as her knees curled closer, ankles crossed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seth shrugged his shoulders, letting his gaze slide away from the girl. "I'm bored. Thought we could talk for a few minutes. I'm Seth, by the way. Seth Corsair. And you are?" His gaze moved out of the window, staring outside at his group of friends. Almost everyone was staring back at him, whispering among themselves what he was up to. Seth would no doubt hear an earful from the girls in his entourage, asking what he saw in this girl. He had made a point to ask Jinx's name even though he had already known it. The girl seemed shy. Best to get her talking about something she was comfortable with. Less awkward for someone like that than just coming out and asking "Hey class is cancelled what the hell are you doing sitting in a library all alone? Go outside, do something fun."

The very idea of sitting alone on a day like today made his skin crawl. He could think of an infinite number of things he'd rather do. Many of them illegal, but still. It was as his father always said. "What the authorities don't see is legal." Seth almost haad turned it into a game lately. See how many of the prim and proper girls at this school he could twist around his finger. Get them addicted to drugs, convince them to commit a crime then blackmail them. It was all in good fun for the son of an underworld leader.

The teen shook his head, returning his attention back down to the girl. he stayed standing, gazing down at her with his cold, intelligent stare. He noticed the book was in Japanese. He couldn't read it but he could speak enough to get by. It helped to know many languages when you frequented black market dealings. One thing that brings people of the world together, crime. The thought made his heart of ice warm a half a degree. Maybe.

"Kakureta mokuteki D'Claire," Jinx's full name rolled off her tongue with an undeniable Japanesse charm, almost a musical chime. Her father gave her the first names, which translated to 'Hidden Purpose.' Of course, the Japanesse believed that each and every person had their own life, their own destiny of sorts. To have a purpose hidden from you was no less than a mystery - even a magical chance. A spell. A jinx, which is where this gals' American name came from. "Most Americans call me Jinx. Jinx D'Claire."

Jinx still didn't raise her eyes to meet his gaze, shiftering nervously on her perch as she absentmindedly fiddled with the charm around her neck. Seths' presence made her nervous - uneasy. She, like everyone else at Nightvale Academy, heard of what this young lad did to gals here. The stories made Jinx nervous - she was soft and nervous, easily persuaded into unsavory situations in fear of anyone pressing her too far. Having grown up in a warm, loving country where everyone respected everyone, America was like a punch in the gut out of no where.

"I'm not very interesting. Just a bookworm in her natural habitat. I don't see why you pinned me of all people," her voice wassmall and soft as usual, and she shifted again as she felt Seths' hard gaze on her. She was usually good at ducking social instances like this, holing up in her dorm or this very spot in the library. Jinx reminded herself to find a different place - a window seat not facing the courtyard where she often saw Seth and his posse. The pale skinned lass assumed that they were just ignore her form in the window - besides, she was just a quiet mouse of a girl, ducking everyones but the professors and librarians radar. She was intelligent and quick-learning, earning some of the highest grades of her class. 

Seth raised an eyebrow at the pronunciation of her full name. He knew there was no way he would be able to say that name back to her. He was slightly relieved when she offered him the alternative of Jinx and he nodded down at the girl. "Jinx it is then. Nice to meet you."

The teen watched the girl play with the charm around her neck. She was so visibly uncomfortable it was throwing even him off. In his world showing anything but confidence was a sign of weakness. He tilted his head some as the girl spoke next, listening intently. He chuckled slightly as she finished, waving a hand dismissively through the air. "You know Jinx. I find that the most impressive people are those that don't even know it themselves. Besides, bookworms are some of the most intelligent people there are. You shouldn't sell yourself short."

Seth took a moment to find a chair, pulling it over to sit near his new interest. "So. Tell me more about yourself Jinx." His tone was one of someone who was used to being in charge. Seth was someone who was used to getting his way and it showed. While he hadn't outright demanded that the girl keep talking, his tone made it very clear he wasn't asking a question. If anything the diamond around her neck indicated that there was something more to this girl. 

As he waited for the girl to answer, he couldn't help but wonder what he saw in this girl. She was attractive enough he supposed. Seth made a point not to let attraction get in the way of his judgements of anyone. He supposed it was just a different personality. Most of the people here were talkative. They were here because their parents were rich and famous. While this is true for Seth as well, he also had incredible grades. For most it seemed like the knowledge just came to Seth naturally but the teen learned many things helping to run his father's company.

Jinx shifted her weight uneasily once more as Seth suddenly brought a chair next to her seat. Her body tensed just slightly as his knee brushed against her leg - she shifted way just a little bit away. More about her? Why did he want to know more about her? Did she seem interesting, somehow She her hoped not - not in Seths' eyes. "Well...." Jinx trailed off uneasily, apple green eyes canning over Seth before dropping once more. The diamond was still being fiddled with as she figured what to say.

Finally, she had some very, very basics she wasn't afraid of handing over. "I'm from Japan, this is my first time in America.  I am fluent in five languages: Japanese, English, Russian, Spanish, and Dutch. I'm passable in another three: Icelandic, German, and French. I'm seventeen, and my parents are knows internationally. My mother - Rose D'Claire - is a model, my father controls the diamond and gold monopoly in America, Japan, all of Europe, and Australia." Jinx lapsed into silence once more, shifting uneasily yet again.

Internally, she was begging for Seth to step away, to ignore her once again. Clearly uncomfortable, Jinx slipped her legs to her feet touched the floor, the rubber soles of her fire-lined winter boots tapping against the hard wood floor almost silently. An excuse was needed, and Jinx was rather adept at those. Well, adapt on a normal day. Today was, clearly, not a normal day. "I need to go. I have an essay to finish for A.P. Chemistry." Standing up, Jinx tossed away her trash and grabbed her phone, earbuds, book and thermos before scurrying towards the check out desk. Typing her student code into the keypad and scanning the book under her name, Jinx left the library. Snowflakes landing in her obsidian hair, she made her way towards the girl dorms in hope to leave Seth behind her.

Seth paid no mind to how visibly uncomfortable the girl was. He was used to people being intimidated by him, even scared. Though he was still young, Seth had men that murdered people for fun at his mercy. To him, this shy girl was as threatening as a butterfly caught in a spider's web.

The comment about her father made his eyes light up. He knew the man she was speaking of. To think his daughter would come to a school like this. Ignoring the irony, Seth looked at Jinx with renewed interest. Seth was a businessman first and foremost and now all he could see was dollar signs.

The teen was so caught up in counting money in his head he hadn't even noticed she had left at first. It surprised him more than anything. Everyone he dealt with, be it the people at school or the businessman he talked to would never excuse themselves like that. He stifled his annoyance for now and nearly leapt out of the chair, racing after her. A plan was already rolling around in his head. By the end of the year he would be leading Jinx's father's company. And to think he almost didn't leave his room today.

Once he finally caught up to the girl he gave an easy smile, walking next to her. "You know you don't have to be afraid of me. I don't know what you've heard but I promise it isn't true. Anyway, you said you were fluent in Japanese right? Would you mind tutoring me? I need all the help I can get." He chuckled and let his smile grow even though he was choosing his words carefully. He needed to get closer to this girl if he wanted to have a shot at the company.

"Sorry, I know Japanese - not illegal trade language."

The line fell from her lips, quite and soft, before she knew what she said. She stopped walking, finally turning to face Seth willingly with her apple green eyes resting against his gaze. "You're at one of the most prestigious academies in America: surely there's someone more adept to tutor you." Her confidence was short-lived, although it let a glimpse of the sharp sarcasm at the tip of her tongue. Letting her eyes fall back downwards, she gave a low breath. It billowed from her lips in a soft white cloud,  could the chill around her didnt seem to bother. 

Continuing her walk with Seth stubbornly at her side, she caved in easily after her brief refusal. "Fine. Come on," She sighed and altered her course a bit, veering onto a different paved path she was originally on. This one led directly to the Honors Society Building, which was where the teachers generally met to discuss plans for classes. It was also where the top students - grade and behavior-wise - had a few "Study rooms". Of course, they were actually luxurious lounges stocked with foods and drinks, screens and gaming consoles.  Pulling a scan card from her pocket, Jinx pressed it against the ID scanner and the door clicked open.

"Follow me," She said quietly, walking down the long, well-lit hallway andpushing into one of the lounges. There was only one other person in there - a young man, who shared Jinx's apple green eyes. He barely glanced up from his book, absentmindedly stirring a cup of coffee he just poured two packets of sugar into. "Tsuyoi Shinda-" Jinx addressed her older brother casually in Japanese, and he gave a low hum of acknowledgement as he reached behind him. Brushing her hand against his for a moment, Jinx grabbed her school bag on the chair besides him. He tipped his head with a faint smile as Jinx kissed his cheek with another Japanese murmur, then went still. His apple eyes glanced at Seth, his book lowering. Tossing some words at his younger sister, Jinx nodded in responce and then glanced at Seth, motioning or him to sit at a far table. 

She joined him a moment later, placing a textbook in front of him. "This is everything you need to know about Japan as a country. You'll need to read this before I start on the langauge itself. It's deeply imbedded in the history of my home country." She sat across from the young man, sliding her key card back into her pocket and subconsciously buttoning it shut. 

Seth merely raised an eyebrow at the allegation. It was not the first time he had been accused of something like that. It would not be the last. "If you have any proof to substantiate your claims then I suggest you provide it. Otherwise your words are meaningless slander." His tone grew dark as he spoke, looking down at the girl with cold eyes. Of course she was correct but she nor anyone else could prove it. Until they could, rumors were just rumors.

He opened his mouth to protest her refusal to tutor him when she seemed to changed her mind. The teen shrugged and continued following his new tutor, both hands in his hoodie pocket to keep them warm.

Once in the building Seth sighed in relief as the warm air hit him. "I hate the cold. I'll be glad when it warms up again." He continued following the girl dutifully, deciding it would be best to make conversation later.

Once in the new room he watched Jinx go over to the other male in the room. He assumed the male was her brother when she kissed his cheek and blinked when the guy stared at him. Seth gave a half wave and grinned, offering a quiet "Hello" before going to sit where he was told.

Once the book was placed in front of him he picked it up and began reading. Truthfully he was a fast reader though he rarely did it. His eyes continued scanning the pages as he spoke. "That your boyfriend?" He spoke loud enough for the third person in the room to hear, grinning some.

"Who is this guy, Kaku? He's a bit of an idiot." The smooth Japanese flowered from Jinx's brothers lips. He barely looked up from his book, flipping pages quietly. Jinx shot her brother an amused look, "Tsuyoi, be nice. His name is Seth as you well know - but to be honest, I only wish I could argue." Her brother gave a low chuckle, closing his book and standing up. He was almost shockingly tall, reaching at least six foot four inches as he traveled over to Jinx to clap a hand on her shoulder. "If you really thought I was her boyfriend, I would suggest finding a lower level tutor." 

Jinx reached back and flicked his arm. "Tsuyoi-" She warned, apple green eyes amused but mildly uncomfortable. Tsuyoi just chuckled and brushed his handover her shoulder again as he picked up his book. "Be safe, Kakureta." And with that, he was gone. The door shut softly behind him, and Jinx turned her gaze back towards the book infront of her. "I would suggest withholding incest jokes in the presence of my family. As you will find," She glanced at the book in his hand, "the Japanese don't take kindly to such revolting suggestions. Tell me when you get through chapter two."

Jinx pushed to her feet, walking towards the fridge in the back of the room. She was still quite clearly uncomfortable with Seths presence - her body language was defensive, and arm crossed over her body as she slid pen the glass door. Lights flickered on inside, showing specially imported Japanese products. Anyone was welcome to them, but Jinx was the reason they were there in the first place. Pulling out a strange-shaped bottle with a can tab for the top and a bottle end as the bottom, she let the fridge slide shut again as she made her way back over.

Setting the bottle - can? - down gently on the table, Jinx barely glanced at the Japanese lettering in the side as she pulled open the tab with one movement. The smell of lychee fruit was faint and foreign to America, but Jinx found it comforting to have some sort of a hint of home. Pourin a bit of the mildly flavored water into a cup with ice, she folded one leg over the other and sipped silently at it as she waited for Seth to finish his chapters.

Someone watching closely might have seen Seth's eye twitch as he recognized the word idiot. In any other place if someone dared insult him he would kill them without hesitation. The teens grip tightened on the book for a moment, fighting the urge to say something. He calmed himself down as he reminded himself of his goal. He began going over multiples of two in his head to ease the annoyance.

He had to bite his lip rather harshly as the male dared insult him again. Seth would remember this. He forced himself to smile and shrug, letting out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding. "I'll keep that in mind. Thanks." Seth had half a mind to stand up just so he could look down at the other. He wasnt much taller than the girls brother, standing at 6'5.

When the door closed behind the brother Seth let out a sigh of relief. He raised an eyebrow at Jinx as he mentioned not making jokes. "I don't know what kind of person you think I am but I promise I wouldn't make such a tasteless joke. I also don't think that's specifically a Japanese trait. I don't know how well an American would take to a joke such as that."

He shrugged and continued reading. He was scanning at best, getting the bullet points in case she were to quiz him. As he read he felt he could speak more freely, looking over the book at her drink. "You miss home? You were reading a Japanese book earlier too."

Jinx glanced up with coldening apple green eyes. She shut her book and set the cup down in front of her, leaning her arms against the surface in front of her. "Not making jokes, watashi wa utagau. It's obvious Tsuyoi and I are siblings - plus that smile of yours made it very clear you knew right away that we closely related. You may have political power here, Seth, but my family has survived without that influence for many years. I would suggest keeping your, ah, input to the side." Her sharp tone was only accented by the softness of her voice. 

As he asked about home, she let out a soft mixture of a hiss and a sigh. "I do miss my home country. America I have found to be...." She paused a moment, eyes flickering down to her hands to figure a word, "difficult. Japan is a very loving country. Families care for other families - taking in their neighbors children when they need help, or feeding the homeless and offering work.  America is based on a few billionaires sapping money from the lower classes." Jinx tossed her book carefully into her back and then reached out, snagging the textbook away from Seth.

Closing the text, she pushed it to the side. "There are a few things you need to know how to do before you can speak proper Japanese. One of them? Kanji." Jinx pulled what seemed to be a small painters' pad and a small, long rectangle box. Opening the box, Jinx set the bamboo brush on the clean sheet of thick, tough paper. A small ink pad followed. "This is a traditional kanji  brush. Its handle is solid bamboo, the brush itself is dried, shredded fibers if the interior of the stalk."

The pale girl flicked open the textbook to a page with a few different kanji symbols nd then uncapped the ink. "If you travel to Japan, the natives will know just from your speech if you do or do not write proper kanji. Each shape in each symbol represents a sound - the properccent. Go on, copy one. Do your best." A pale hand pushed the paper, ink, and kanji brush closer to Seth. 

Seth dismissed the thought with a wave of his hand. "What may be obvious to you is not obvious to others. The smile could have been for any reason." He bit his lip to keep from chuckling as the girl mentioned being free of influence. Everyone has their price. Everyone. You don't begin selling diamond because you care about people. You do it for the money. The girl was a hypocrite.

As he listened to her speak of how loving a country Japan was, he couldn't imagine it. "Humans are selfish creatures." Seth was a cynic at heart. He never did anything for someone else if he wasn't getting any benefit out of it. That's not how businesses worked. Even when they donate millions to charity, they still get the publicity of having done so.

He decided to just let it go and pick up the brush. As long as she was talking to him he was confident he could make her see his way of thinking. He knew what kanji was though he had never attempted to write it. Seth was a very hands off person. He didn't even write letters to people in English. An email was faster and more efficient.

As he tried to recreate the images he was seeing, failing each time he created idle conversation. "We actually have a lot in common you know. We both stand to inherit companies that control the lives of millions of people."

"No, humans are what we make them. What may not be real to you may be the only reality someone else knows." Jinx watched Seth attempt the kanji symbols, mildly disturbed by how he handled the brush incorrectly. However, she kept it off her face as she glanced at him carefully. "I'm not the heir to my fathers business, and I'm not following my mother's footsteps as a model. My older brother, Tsuyoi, is the heir to the business. I'm on my own path for a career - something much simpler. Possibly an author, possibly a computer programmer."

Jinx didn't explain any further, her apple eyes coming back for est on his Kanji attempts. She had assumed that the divots and chips on the handle would guide his hand the way it guided hers before. "You're making a mess. Here," Jinx stood up and came over, leaning in close enough for the scent of her Japanese perfume - light and sweet - to billow towards the male. 

She took his hand in her own, taking the brush and carefully aligning his hand along the designated marks. "You need to hold the brush like this - and the ink is very dark, you don't need so much." She guided his hand so the ink just barely coated the surface of the bristles. "Think of a decrescendo when you fix each line. You start each brush with a firm hold...." she trailed off as she guided the brush in his hand onto the paper, expertly lining the first line, "and then you lighten your hold as you end. There should be a tapered end, rough-edged like that. Each line is made the same way, curved or straight."

Jinx let Seths hand go and backed away, returning to her own seat. "Once you've drawn the basic symbols, i'll show you the proper accent for each line." She fell silent then, leaning forwards and brushing some hair from her face as she watched his kanji lettering. She reached over once to fox his hold again, but other than that stayed out of Seths' way.

"Not true. As long as there are two people on this earth there will be conflict. Everyone looks out for themselves." He refused to believe the kumbaiya story this girl was telling him. In his world it was kill or be killed. The moment you started trusting others was the same moment that person tore that trust from under you to get ahead.

He had been so focused on the conversation he was barely paying attention to his writing making I sloppy. He wasn't surprised that she had no plans to inherit her father's company. He had been fairly certain she didn't when he asked. "That sounds dreadfully boring. You're just going to let the company go to waste. What will you do if your brother isn't fit to manage the company? Surely even though you have no interest in it, it provides you with money."

Seth had to resist the urge to rip his hand away from her the moment she touched him. Not that he was scared of her, he was confident he could overpower her if needed. The young heir was a germaphobe in every sense. He could already feel his skin itching from where she was touching him, begging to be washed. It was not uncommon for Seth's hands to be red from his constant washing. He forced a smile, trying his best to fight the urge to run to the nearest sink.

"Your perfume smells lovely." It was more of a statement than a compliment. His father's business had dealt in perfumes at one point and Seth had grown sick of most of the flowery smells. He was glad when they finally moved away from the things. His father always felt it was best to handle different products. You got to make more connections, make more money.

Once Jinx let go of him he breathed a silent sigh of relief, resuming work on the symbols as best he could.

"Tsuyoi is a registered genius, who masters in business and mining. After our father passed over thirty percent of the company to him only last year, he not only increased income by over forty seven percent but sent lines into African societies, Greenland, and the Philippines. I am more than confident in his skills." Jinx didn't look up from his writing as she spoke, tipping her head slightly and ignoring the perfume comment. Such comments were intimate in Japan - something she doubted Seth knew, but make her uncomfrotable anyways.

"As for funds, yes - I do recieve funds for working. What my father and Tsuyoi make are in their own pockets. My schooling bills are paid, but I make my own income by advertisement and representation of the business. Of campus life will not be supported by my family, as is the custom." Jinx pulled the kanji sheet from under Seths hand as he finished the last ink stroke. "You did alright for what I'm assuming in your first time with kanji. Here," she pushed over the box the brush had been in, showing a small bottle of alcohol-based ink disolvement and an ink stained cloth. 

"A small stain of the alcohol on the cloth, then run it over the brush. It takes a few minutes, so be patient and don't scrub it." Leaning back again, the pale-skinned girl looked over the symbols. He really didn't do bad - angles were sharp when needed, at least, and the tapering was decent. The brush still lathered on too much ink - she saw the fine wrinkling in the paper.

Jinx let Seth figure out the cleanser and the cloth without comment, carefully slipping the kanji sheet into a traditional wooden folder. Once the ink was completely dry, the paper would recieve a hydration spray and then be rolled into a scroll and tied off with bamboo chord. It was Seths first sheet, so he would hand it back once the treatments were done. However, as for the accents - perhaps another day. Her nerves were frayed from this boys presence, and she had a 'date' with her brother in a bit.

The comments on her brother merely made him shrug. "Just because he's good at it now doesnt mean he will always be. And even if he was, who's to say you couldn't do better. You shouldn't settle. The moment you do you'll end up in an apartment in the middle of nowhere with four kids."

True his words may have been harsh but Jinxs view of the world irked him. She was just waiting for her world to come crashing down around her.

After he had done as instructed he leaned back in the chair, groaning some. He curved his spine against the chair until it popped, groaning again at the feeling. "Well thank you for the lesson. I know you said you had a paper or something but I appreciate the time. Let me pay you back, I'll take you out to eat. Wherever you want."

"I am confident in my family. I have no talent in business, but I have talents in literature and the arts. Tsuyoi is the best choice." Jinx tied the latch of the wooden folder, sliding it carefuly into her bag. "Besides, I'm unable to have children," she said, her voice turning mildly irritated as she glanced at Seth. "I'm infertile. And even if I did end up in a small apartment without extra funds, I wouldn't mind. I believe in making the best of your situation, and sometimes that requires sacrifice. I'm not settling, I'm excepting what I am and what I am not skilled in."

Jinx stood from her seat, throwing away the empty cup and bottle into a trash bin. "As for your offer, I have to decline. Tsuyoi is expecting me to join him tonight at his celebratory event. I'm surprised you've not shared you're going - the entry is well within your budget." Jinx barely finished her statement when another person entered the room - two actually, one being her brother again. "Kakureta-" Her brother spoke in fluid Japanese, gesturing her towards him. Jinx replied, a bit surprised, as the second person just stood calmly. 

The pale skinned girl turned towards Seth, "As I said - Tsuyoi was expecting me and got a little impatient," she cut a glance towards herder brother, who just gava mock bow. Rolling her eyes, Jinx looked back at Seth. "I'll see you soon."   Giving a shallow bow of farewell, the Japanese born girl shouldered her bag and smiled at the second person as he reached out, wrapping his arm over her shoulders. He looked almost exactly like her, his hair a shade lighter and his skin a shade darker - her youngest brother, still taller than she. He shot a greenlook towards Seth, eyes cold with warning. Neither brother would tolerate Jinx being hurt.

He could only shrug his shoulders. "If you say so. I'm not trying to force you into anything. Knowing your boundaries is good." He raised an eyebrow at the infertile comment, clearing his throat. "I apologize. I didn't know." Seth said nothing after that as he listened to her. He wanted to argue but she seemed set in her ways and he wasn't one for wasting his breath.

Seth followed her when she stood, dusting himself off. He scoffed some when she mentioned a budget. "Jinx. I have no budget." It was a prideful thing to say but he couldn't help it. "As for your brother, I must admit I don't keep up with current events around the school. What is he being congratulated for? I wouldn't mind going, if only because I have nothing else to do."

As the door opened and Jinx's brother returned he sighed. He could tell from the way the brother stared at him that he didn't trust him. Of course, he shouldn't, but it still rubbed Seth the wrong way. The teen merely bowed his head in greeting to the two, saying nothing.

When he saw the gaze of the assumed younger brother he had to keep from laughing. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, it seems. He met the cold gaze with an indifferent one. He couldn't care less if the brothers disliked him truthfully. He smiled when she said she'd see him later, bowing his head again and waving. "Indeed. I'm looking forward to it. I learned a lot." Seth decided to wait for them to leave first, not wanting to push past the three to get out of the room. He pulled his phone out of his pocket, texting some people to see if they knew about the event that was happening tonight.

Tsuyoi had accomplished many things in his life span of nineteen years, but this was, perhaps, the greatest. He had gotten married to a lovely woman, and came to Nightvale Academy as the woman finished her last year teaching. Mrs. D'Claire was lovely, sweet-hearted - a bit like Jinx, but much less shy at first meetings. Jinx had been getting ready for her brothers celebration, lining her eyes with thin, smokey black eyeliner and straightening her hair, wriggling into her evening gown.

However, as time passed, Jinx found herself greeted by a familiar sight. A limousine was led onto campus, pulling to a stop in front of the dorms. From within came Jinx and Tsuyoi, dressed in black-tie wear. Tsuyoi's tuxedo was perfectly in order, Complimented nicely with Jinx's simple, pale cherry-blossom colored gown. Hugging her slim waist and falling into and a-line cut, the pale pink flattered her pale skin and flat-ironed ebony hair, drawing out the apple green of her eyes. A short time seemed to pass, Jinx and Tsuyoi soon stopped before the classic velvet velour red carpet.

Japanese, the pair did exactly as any would do - formality first. Tsuyoi smiled at his sister, letting her take her designated seat at the front table upon entrance - the circular tables were clothes in white silks, chopsticks lain next to traditional japanese table settings. Tsuyoi's gratitude speach was short, honest, and well-written, raining his new wife with gratitude along with his young sister. After the brief speach, the guests were released to order their meals, or marvel at the stunning gems and precious metals aligned in glass cases, gifts from the D'claires father. A diamond the size of a childs fist was lit brightly - red, one of the six known in the world. Jinx chatted with guests with Tsuyoi and Setsuko, his new wife, on his arm. With her ebony hair striking against the paleness of her skin, Jinx's charm won contracts for her brother, often from 'untouchable' businesses. That was her one talent in business - charm. She could whittle out a contract from anyone.

Their mother even appeared - two body guards at her side as she embrace her son and daughter in turn. She was stunning, a true model - Jinx looked rather ike her, perhaps toned a bit down as she only wore light mascara and a pale rouge over her lips. Their father was unable to attend, due to bein stuck halfway around the world - alas, even a private jet couldnt speed him there fast enough. Jinx and her mother wandered off on their own, alike in every way but age and the shape of their eyes. Jinx's eyes were suddenly caught by a familiar form, and she mentally cursed at ehrself - why did she give Seth her brothers celebratory information? Damn... "I'll be right back, mother," Jinx hued under her breath, breaking from her brothers arms with a loving squeeze to her hand. Layers of chiffon whiskin around her legs, Jinx stopped in front of Seth with a bit of irritation in her expression. "When I said I was surprised you weren't coming, I didn't know you'd take it as an invitation."

Seth had been surprised to find that the celebration was actually a wedding. Jinx's brother hadn't seemed much older than Seth himself yet he was already getting married. The idea of being in a relationship at all seemed foreign to Seth, let alone getting married at such a young age. There were so many things he had yet to do and tying oneself down with marriage...Honestly Seth felt sorry for the man. Even so, Seth texted his group of acquaintances who would be interested in going with him. Some informed him they were already going as they had been invited by the teacher, her former students. Others wanted to go but couldn't afford it so Seth payed for them. The more the merrier as they say.

The teen returned to his private dorm room, getting changed into something he thought appropriate. He had never been to a wedding before so he just dressed in a tuxedo with matching ties and shoes. The limousine eventually arrived to pick him up with all of the people that were coming with him. The group had a mini party while driving to the wedding, drinking most of the champagne that had been provided with the limo. Seth made sure that no one drank too much of course. He didn't want to get a reputation as a party crasher or something even worse.

Once inside, Seth walked to his group's table with a girl on each arm, sitting down and watching the proceedings. It all seemed terribly boring to him. This was just an extravagant party for everyone else that the couple had to pay for. What a waste of money. The scion was relieved when the ceremonies seemed to be over and everyone went about their business, talking and having a good time. He stood up and walked over to admire the gems with his friends, dollar signs running across his mind as he gazed at them. This showcase did nothing but reinforce the idea in his mind. He would find a way to obtain this company, or at least a part of it. Even if it meant a hostile takeover. Hostile takeovers usually came with bad press, but when there was this much money involved, it hardly mattered.

Seth was surprised when away from his group, Jinx appeared. He smiled easily and ignored her comment, raising a glass of champagne. "And hello to you too. You look lovely tonight. My congratulations to your brother and your family." He took a sip from the glass, sighing happily as he looked into the girls eyes. His own gaze was focused and intense as he spoke. "If I have done something to offend you Jinx, I sincerely apologize.You seem to have this incredible disdain for me even though I've done nothing to you. You cite the -alleged- illegal dealings of my father's company as a reason. Even if that were true, the actions of my father are not my own. My intentions are innocent. I came here to celebrate your brother and your family and the first thing you do when you see is insult me."

Jinx just glanced away in irritation, yes flashing back towards him once again after she took a half second to still her anxieties. "I did not insult you, but I will now. If you must attend a wedding of an opposite culture, I would suggest reading on the traditional greetings. 'I did not know you would take it as an invitation' is a formal way of offering a welcome. The beginning was when I informed you of he celebration, even if I chose not to disclose it was for. Yes, I'm irritated you decided to show up after all, but there is a definite separation between emotion and etiquette." With an almost mocking, small wry grin, Jinx held up her narrow glass of cherry blossom champagne to him before turning and greeting her brother and his wife, who was proudly on his arm, just a few yards away.

Jinx took the woman's hand in one of her own, lowering herself downwards in a traditional curtsy-like bow to her new family member. Japanese flowered from her lips as she raised heard once more, standing straight. Her brother seemed to practically burst with pride as Jinx repeated her actions with him, but he pulled her into a hug afterwards, kissing her forehead. Their mother hovered nearby, and she came up to congratulate her son and daughter-in-law proudly. "Oh, who's this?" Their mother suddenly caught the sight of Seth and turned Jinx around by her shoulder. 

Jinx shut her eyes - she knew what was coming. "Mom, this is Seth. I'm his... ah, tutor." Her mother beamed,offers her hand for a warm handshake. "It's so nice to see my daughter finally going on dates! Oh my you're so handsome - Kakureta, you never told me you have a date today!" As her mother fawned over the idea of Jinx and Seth on a date, Jinx dropped her face in her hands and shook her head. "Mom... M-.... mom," She tried a ew time to interrupt,a blush fanning over her cheeks. "Seth and I aren't - no no, it's not like that. Stop giving me that face, mom, it's not..." She put her forehead in her hand as her mother flocked around them, refusin to hear that they weren't on a date. "....And to my sons wedding, what a fabulous idea! You are so tall, just like my own boys. Your mother and father must be very proud!"

Meanwhile, Jinx stood just behind her mother with dread written all over her body language, just hoping that Seth wouldn't bring this back up to haunt her durring her 'lessons' with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back