• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Take Me Home Country Road -Main-

unscripted

nothing serious
5Ymm6Bz.jpg

Take Me Home Country Road
Day 1: Scene 1

The week long celebration for the second bicentennial for Homewood, TN is beginning tomorrow!
Whether you are a local or have just arrived to town, the energy and excitement are hard to ignore. What are you looking forward to? Reuniting with family, catching up with old friends, revisiting the familiar places from your youth? Either way, this is just the beginning to an interesting week!

Place: Homewood, Tennessee
Time: June 5th, approximately 6pm
Conditions: 88 degrees, partly cloudy, 30% humidity

lpqyz2x.jpg
coding by Wapiti

Last edited:
Colt Remington
XUReqCS.jpg
Colt got out of the bed and stretched his arms high in the air. He had drove all through the night to get home, so after catching up with his parents and eating some of his mom’s good home cooking, he took a nap. As he looked around the room trying to remember where he put his phone, he caught sight of the clock by the bed. He was shocked to see how late in the day it was. He knew he was tired, but he didn’t think he was so tired to sleep that long. After spotting his phone laying on the bed where he had just been, he grabbed it and shoved it in his pocket before grabbing a shirt and headed out of the bedroom.

As he walked down the stairs, Colt threw his shirt over his head and ran a hand through his hair. When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he cursed under his breath after hearing his brother voice in the next room. As soon as he turned the corner into the kitchen of his childhood home, he began apologizing. “I’m sorry Wade. I fell asleep for longer than I thought.” he said in a horse voice looking at his older brother. He was supposed to pick his brother up from the train station two towns over earlier that day. Surprisingly, Wade didn’t seem too upset as Colt approached him for a hug. His brother explained that their father had picked him up and told him how tired Colt was.

Colt had woken up just in time for dinner and his mother called everyone to the table not long after. He walked to the table with his two brothers beside him. And as he sat at the table surrounded by his whole family for the first time in five years, Colt couldn’t help but feel relaxed and happy. Even though he loved his life and never regretted leaving home to chase his dreams, he had missed his family more than anything. And while his parents had visited him every time he was in Tennessee, it wasn’t the same as being home with them and his brothers. The meal seemed to end almost as soon as it began, as the family spent time catching up and trading stories from the last few years.

As soon as the dinner ended, Rhett, Colt’s oldest brother suggested the three go to the local bar and grab a drink. Colt was of course game, even convincing Austin to race him to the bar for old times sake. As he raced to the bar, Colt couldn’t help but let the nostalgia of being in his home town take him over. He looked at everything in the town with fondness and familiar memories. Initially going home was not what he wanted to do. He had wanted to be on the current bull riding tour, but he still wasn’t cleared to ride. He only agreed to come home once he was sure that there was no way he was going to get on the tour. And even after he had said yes, he had kind of dreaded slowing his life down and returning home. He had no idea that he was going to feel this good after coming back into town.

When he pulled up to the bar, he didn’t see his brother’s car for another minute or so. He waited for Rhett and Wade to exit the car before loudly mocking them for losing the race and heading inside the bar. Once he got inside, he looked around and realized it was the one place in town he had never been before. While he had spent his first eighteen years in Homewood, he had never been old enough to go into the bar. As a teen he and his friends used to have to get creative to get even a six pack of beer, but he never even thought about going into the bar.

Colt looked around the room that was almost empty, except for a couple old guys playing a game of pool on one of the two pool tables in the room. There wasn’t much to the small building. It had the pool tables and a jukebox for entertainment and only about four or five tables for seating. As his brothers grabbed seats at the bar, excitement filled Colt. He was ready for a good time. He stood behind his brothers, put an arm on each one's shoulder and gave the bartender a big smile. “Three shots of whisky and three beers please.”

Location: Local Bar With: Rhett & Wade (his brothers) Tagging: None​

Last edited:

Carolina Chase

LOCATION: parents' house -> local bar || OUTFIT: this! || INTERACTIONS: Colt unscripted unscripted

Being home was…weird. So foreign and yet Cari never felt better. When she walked in her old room, she had to chuckle. It’s been five years since she left and for the first time after those years, she was back. The last time she was in Homewood was possibly…graduation? Yeah, it -was- graduation. And she said her goodbyes and left with big promises. Promises of showing everyone she could make it. And she did. Cari left and returned as Carolina Chase, the face of Pat McGrath, desired, successful, famous.

Her fingers brushed across the posters surrounding her bed. It seemed that the time has stopped in this room. Only mom came here once a week, cleaned up the dust collected on the shelves and floor as if the good woman hoped her daughter would come home any time now. For five years, the Chase’s were hoping she would at least visit. But nothing happened. Especially after Cari got her job, she couldn’t stop. There was always just one more photoshoot she had to do. The girl lived stressful life in the spotlight. Her face was peaking at people from magazines, billboards and even from the city buses. And she couldn’t stop. There was no force in universe that would make her. Not now when she finally made it big.

And yet, here she was now. Back in Homewood. The very second her car crossed the town line, memories hit her. Driving across the town, she started to smile even more. There was the diner where she spent her mornings before school and afternoons after. She and her friends. Even the smell became familiar and though not the most pleasant, it belonged to her life. Maybe not now. But it really did at some point in the past. Were the others coming as well? Cari would love to know, she yearned to see her old Scooby gang. So many memories there…

“Dinner’s ready, love.” A soft voice of Cordelia Chase brought Cari back to present. She looked at her mom and nodded. “I’ll be right there.” she said quietly but took her sweet time to absorb the whole atmosphere of her teenage room, touch almost every memorabilia there and spend a minute or two looking at the picture of six teenagers. Weren’t they all so happy back then? Cari knew she messed up here. She stopped being in touch for her own selfish reasons. Did the others do that too? Or were the other five still talking?

“I’d love to go out after dinner. For a drink or something.” Cari started all of a sudden in the middle of the dinner.

“You know this is not New York though, right? There is this one bar. And that’s it.” The carefulness with which her father talked to her made Cari frown.

“I might have spent last five years away from here but it doesn’t mean I will look down on everything here, dad.” she answered but her feathers were already ruffled. Did she really seem so condescending now?

Her dad even agreed to drive her, possibly even pick her up so she didn’t have to risk and drive after a couple of drinks. Cari remembered the building. They never went in, too young. Sure, they managed to get their drinks, just not here. It was as if she was about to uncover some kind of secret. But when she walked in, it was almost empty. And yet, there were enough people to gave her those looks. It took her a second to understand. Her attire was hardly something one would wear to a bar like this. Cari looked absolutely out of place. Well, couldn’t change it now, could she? Head held high, she walked to the bar. And her eyebrows went up immediately. What were the odds?

“Colt?” she asked with a hint of surprise in her voice. “Colt Remington? Is that really you?”
coded by natasha.

Last edited:

6ac4e996fa9a050e7763218703b44c3d.png

Home.

Or was it? Sweet, little Abigail hadn't considered this place to be home in a very long time. Ever since leaving for college, she hadn't looked back except to call her father here and there. Abby hadn't even really known he was as bad off as he was; she'd found out from one of his friends that he was ailing so badly. Yet still, she hadn't exactly dropped everything to come back. The phone confrontation between father and daughter had been quite ugly, and it'd ended with her hanging up the phone on him.

They hadn't spoken since.

Yet here she was, back in this small-minded town, standing outside of his door. Too proud to knock, too nervous to use her key and enter, she'd been standing there for approximately five minutes now. Arms crossed, her tattoos and dermals on full display to whoever looked at her. Would this town even recognize little Abigail Harley anymore? Would her father? Her friends?

Scoffing at the thought, she finally dug her key out of her pocket and let herself into the house. As it turned out, her father wasn't even home. She threw her bags on the couch and scribbled him a note, leaving it on the counter for him to find upon returning home. Grabbing a change of clothes, she headed upstairs to take a shower and change. Standing in her old room again, she felt like the same little Abigail that had once lived here.

But that girl is gone, she reminded herself, dropping the towel and pulling on her new outfit. Slipping her feet into a pair of flip flops, she headed back downstairs, still finding the house empty. Shrugging, she locked the house up on her way out and headed for her car, though once she slid into the drivers seat she sat there for a moment, drumming her hands on the steering wheel.

"Fuck this. I need a drink."

Although she'd never stepped foot into the bar before, she knew exactly where it was. It didn't take her long to get there at all, and she parked and headed inside. Making a beeline for the bar, she ordered two shots of tequila, not stopping to look around until she received them and downed them both.

The place wasn't busy at all, so when her eyes landed on two others at the bar she had to do a double take before she realized who they were.

"Well I'll be damned." Pushing herself off the bar, a grin appeared on her face as she sauntered towards them. "Colton Remington and Carolina Chase. Long time no see."

th
Mood: surprised | Location: at the bar | Interactions: Colt; Cari| Tags: unscripted unscripted _amaranth_ _amaranth_

g o l d i e l o x x

THEODORE
ADDISON
for the first time in what felt like forever, theodore addison was glad to finally be done with work for the day. normally, he liked to keep busy. the ranch was his purpose in life; he'd come to realize that when he was just a boy. he'd grown up just like most of the youth in town, filled with big dreams of escaping and following his passions. he realized, in the last couple of years, that there was more to life than that. he learned how to embrace what was given to him, and now, teddy could proudly say that he woke up every morning looking forward to work. no longer did he mind the constant stream of 'chores' that was owning and working on a ranch. in fact, most nights, he didn't even want to turn in.

today, however, had been an exception. news travels fast in a small town. one of his staff, a chatty middle-aged woman, had whispered to him that morning that some of his friends had arrived in town the night before. he'd been anxious ever seen, so ecstatic to see his group of best friends after - god, how long had it been? five years? teddy was never one to rush his work, but today, he finished as quickly as he could. the moment he had finished his last job of the evening, he was sprinting inside.

teddy sprint-walked through his house and made a bee-line towards his bedroom. as eager as he was to meet up with the others, he knew a shower was a necessity at this point. it was common courtesy, really, to not be out in public when you reek of manure and sweat and god knows what else. before he had even reached the bathroom, half of his clothes had been removed, aptly discarded in a wicker hamper.

he was out of the shower just as frantically as he was when he got in. he dried himself with a cotton towel as he made his way to the closet, pulling out a white t-shirt and a pair of boot-cut jeans. he threw them on, along with thick socks and his dress boots. unlike the cowboy boots he wore for work, these were more suitable for public as they weren't literally covered in shit. after a quick spritz of cologne, he was out the door.

"i'm going out," he explained to his younger sister, marley, who currently sat on the sofa. she was obviously more invested in her phone than with whatever he had to say, but he continued to speak anyway as he shuffled about the room, grabbing his keys, phone, and wallet off of the coffee table and a plaid flannel off of the coat rack in case, for whatever reason, he got cold. "i'll get you something to eat on the way home," he said as he opened the door, idling near the frame. "there's some leftovers in the fridge if you're hungry before then. love you. don't do anything stupid while i'm gone." marley mumbled a quiet love you too back, putting a smile on his face as he shut the door behind him.

the drive, thankfully, was not a long one. he loved his truck. he used to laugh about the cliche country songs that sang about how country boys loved their trucks, but when he got one of his own, he finally realized why so many country boys (and gals) did. old faithful, the rusty old pickup truck that was lovingly named for her old age but effectiveness was truly one of the loves of teddy's life. he and his old man had repaired her when he was just a boy. when his mother was still alive and his daddy hadn't yet sunk into the alcohol addiction that would consume him. as faithful as his darling truck was, however, she was long overdue for a trip to a repair shop.

his face lit up when he saw the modest, old-fashioned styled diner he spent much of his youth in. he hadn't been in quite some time, lately opting for homemade meals, but he was close with the owner, whom he provided many farm-fresh crops to. it was impossible for him to contain his excitement as he walked in, grinning from ear to ear from the moment he stepped inside. he scanned the booths for peg's familiar face. while most of the others had disbanded over time, peg had stayed behind with him. he could rely on himself to recognize her face.

he noticed frankie's uniform before he even noticed peg. the two had been hugging by the time he walked over. he patiently waited to the side before it was his turn to embrace them both in a tight hug. even peg, whom he saw often. even frankie, whom he would have just patted on the pack or gave a side-hug to back in the day. "my man!" he grinned, the enthusiasm clear. "long time no see."

mentions peg, frankie
interactions Aato Aato & Keggee311 Keggee311

Colt Remington
XUReqCS.jpg
Colt couldn’t help the crazy yell that came out of him as his brother called dibs on the pool table. He also couldn’t help the smile that was plastered on his face. It had been so long since him and his brothers had been together having a good time, and he missed not only the fun, but the competition that had always been between them. “I want the winner!” he exclaimed as Wade began racking the balls on the table. He turned back toward the bar and grabbed one of the empty stools that his brothers had left and ordered another beer.

When the beer arrived, he took a swig and looked around the bar. A couple more people had entered while he wasn’t paying attention. At almost the same time as he laid eyes on her, a familiar face called his name. “Well I’ll be! Yes it's me.” he laughed as he stepped off the stool toward her. “Cari! Aren’t you a sight for sore eyes.” He opened his arms to bring her in for a hug. It had never even crossed his mind that he would see any of his old friends. Of course he was bound to, because some still lived in town, but he had been so caught up in the elation of being with his family, that he hadn’t thought about much else since entering town.

The fact that he was seeing Cari, actually caught Colt by complete surprise. She had not only left town around the same time he did all those years ago, but she was a big deal. She was famous. While he hadn’t kept in touch with her, he had kept tabs on her a bit. Every Time he saw her face on an ad or the tv, he would do a little internet check up on her, just to see what she was up to. “What are you doing here?” he said looking at her. “You…” he started to finish the second part of his thought, but before he could get it out, he heard another familiar voice. As he turned his attention to the person it came from, shock came over him.

As he looked her up and down, Colt recognized Abby, but she looked very different than the last time he saw her. Unlike Cari, Colt had literally not seen Abby since leaving town. Now with her standing in front of him, covered in tattoos and piercings, he had a hard time reconciling her new appearance with the “girl next door” persona that he had always seen her as growing up. And while it had been five years, it seemed like she had transformed so much in that short amount of time. Colt watched as the two girls greeted each other, his surprise holding his tongue. As he thought of what to say, he hoped that his face didn’t look too surprised for him to be awkward.

Location: Local Bar With: Carolina, Abigail Tagging: _amaranth_ _amaranth_ apolla apolla

Carolina Chase

LOCATION: local bar || Outfit: this! || Interactions: Colt ( unscripted unscripted ); Abby ( apolla apolla ) || Mentions: Frankie ( Keggee311 Keggee311 )

Being at home was…strange. It all felt so familiar and yet so strange. Five years certainly left their trace on the town as well as on the people. But then again, it was Cari who was different. She was always not your typical small town girl but being away from home for so long plus actually making it big, that changes a person. Yet, she had no idea how much different she was now. Maybe her friends could tell.

Therefore, coming to the bar and seeing Colt was as shocking as it was pleasant. She came home, not knowing whether she would have a chance to meet any of her old friends and here he was, right on her first night back. The joy that took over her that very moment couldn’t even be described and was even multiplied when he turned around with that precious smile of his, welcoming her. Cari took a few steps closer and went for that hug immediately , closing them in a tight embrace.

“Oh, am I? Looking around, I feel absolutely out of place. It seems I kind of forgot this was no Upper East Side.” she laughed, pointing at her high end clothes. Her words were not hate or anything. It was merely a joke on her that she really had chosen unusual attire and the worst shoes ever.

“I came for the bicentennial. Thought it might be a good reason to visit parents. And I was kinda hoping I could meet some of you. How you’ve been?” she asked, having a slight idea about his career but still, she wanted to hear everything from him, first hand.

But before they managed to go deeper in their lives, another voice cut through the air. It took Carolina a bit longer than a few seconds to recognize Abby and her smile grew even wider, her jaw almost hurt now but she really couldn’t stop. How was she this lucky? First night and she already met not one but two best friends.

“My god, Abby! You look…wow…amazing actually!” she exclaimed and pulled the girl in a tight hug, as tight as her petite form allowed. “I mean…we should totally do shots. We never got to before. What do you say?” she went on and on, all excited and not even waiting for their answer, she tapped the bar and got them tequila shots. “First round’s on me!” she announced but couldn’t help to think that if now half of their old group was here, where was the other? Were they coming? Was HE coming? Because Cari really didn’t know how she felt about meeting Chase after such a long time. And yet, even the memory gave her those proverbial butterflies. In a toast, she raised her glass and downed her shot which made her wince. But it was too good to see these two so they just…had to celebrate.

coded by natasha.

Last edited:

- Abby -

Abby could tell that when her friends looked in her direction, they didn't recognize her. For some reason, this made the smile on her face grow; she liked the fact that she had obviously taken them off guard. She wasn't naive to the fact that she looked quite different than she had all those years ago, back when she was the 'good' little girl who took care of all her friends. Not only did she look different, though, she felt different. She acted different. I am different.

Leaning against the bar, she studied Colt first. "Cat got your tongue, sweetheart?" Before he got a chance to react, Cari had finally got on to who she was and had stepped forward to hug Abby. Abby returned the hug with fervor, realizing that she was actually happy to see her friends. Why had she been dreading this again? Cari pulled back and Abby's gaze slid back over to Colt. "Usually people call me Tori, now." She paused, then went on. "Though I guess to you guys, I'll always be little Abby."

At the mention of shots, Abby straightened, an obvious look of excitement coming over her face. "Girl. Hit me, now!" Grinning, she practically snagged the shot glass as soon as it was set down on the bar. "Cheers to us, bitches." Grinning, she downed the shot in a quarter of a second, slamming the little glass down on the bar afterwards. "Man. Tequila gets me everytime. But what better way to lose clothes?"

Laughing at her own joke, she ordered a second round. "On me this time." She downed her second shot the same way she'd done the first one, then finally looked back over at the other two. "We the only ones joining this little celebration?"

---
Tags: Colt ( unscripted unscripted ); Cari ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ )

tumblr_oxs5473eIG1wbo5l9o1_400.jpg

200.gif

coded by: @s e v e n

Aroura Montgomery
single mom | 22 years old
Aroura didn't always have a free night but her mother had basically kidnapped Emma-Rose, saying she wanted to keep her a couple nights. Apparently Mrs. Sue's grandaughter was turning six and she invited Em to the birthday party. As soon as the little girl heard mention of a waterslide being present at this celebration there was no way Rory could tell her no. Besides, arguing with her mother was usually useless anyway and the woman was insisting on taking her. The first thing Rory did once her mother picked Emma was take an hour long bubble bath. It would've been longer if she hadn't come up with the idea to text Theo and talk him into going out with her. Why not have a night of drinks and dancing when she had the chance?

Sitting in front of her small vanity, which had once belonged to her grandmother, she dried her hair before lightly filling in her eyebrows and adding a little mascara to her eyelashes. Once she was done she picked an outfit and pulled on her favorite pair of boots, looking herself over in the full-length mirror hanging on her door. She made her way to the living room and picked up a few stray toys, tossing them into a toy box nearby, before grabbing her keys and wallet. She'd told Theo to meet her at the diner so she could grab a quick bite to eat before drinking. It was a short drive since her house wasn't too far, not that it took long to get anywhere in the small town.

As soon as she walked through the doors of Pops she saw Teddy standing near what she had dubbed as their favorite booth. They had hung out plenty after school in the diner because her family had owned it since she was a kid. Without fail, they always chose the booth closest to the kitchen so they could smell the pies being cooked and because it was one of the ones that made a half-circle due to it being in the corner. "Teddy! Hope you're ready to two-step with me tonight," she said with a big smile on her face. She walked up and gave him a hug before slipping behind the bar. "You want anything? On the house, of course! I'm just gonna get a fry basket, we can totally split it if ya want," she asked.

outfit: click here to see!
tags: theo cadence cadence

coded by natasha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back