Take Back the Crown

Jauquilinne blinked as the coin flashed in her periphery. The wyvern startled her slightly as she dashed onto the couch.
The knight simply watched Sera as she snatched the coin.
"Cute." She grumbled sarcastically.
L1d1ja L1d1ja

Sera turned towards the noise, staring right at Jauquiline while doing its best to actually look adorable, puppy eyes and all. The look was a bit ruined by the fact that Sera wad still holding on to her coin, sharp teeth bared.
Ever so slowly the little beast moved, placing the coin on Jauquiline's knee, letting out a happy purr as it straightened itself and then fixed the knight expectantly.
"Sera, you cannot bribe humans into being your friends." Kacel'la chuckled after watching what Sera had been doing.

OlKaJa77 OlKaJa77

Last edited:
Nameen let out a heavy breath and leaned against the back of her seat, arms crossed.
"I really don't know.." Again the idea of sneaking off to find the grand book collection crossed her mind, but she failed to say so.

"If we're not the only guests there, we're bound to attract a lot of attention, that'll mean talking and questions.." If the way they had stuck out during their march through the city streets was any indication, than they would be the talk of the gala among curious party goers.

"But who knows," Nameen added while shrugging. "Like you said, it'll definitely be another story."
She peered over at Bo from the side.
"I can imagine you have a lot of those to tell."

soundofmind soundofmind

Bo smiled, knowlingly. "Yeah. I definitely do." He laughed a little, thinking it was funny to sound mysterious by not answering her observation by going into a story. Instead he'd leave her wondering. For now. Of course if she wanted to ask him about any storied he knew he wouldn't be able to resist telling one.

Rydellius Rydellius

Valeiah had been the last one to show up. She felt better now that she wasn't wearing clothes soaked in blood, as well as being covered in it herself. She was now sporting some clothes she'd stolen from her late sister and had kept in her bag until then, an orange skirt and a large white shirt that didn't fit her sister, or her. She had to tie it into a knot at the bottom. She had one side of her now shoulder-length hair tucked behind her ear.
She approached the place they were all sitting and pulled out a chair rather loudly, then sat down.
"Hope you weren't planning on having a group conversation without me." She said after clearing her throat.
(Sorry I disappeared for a bit)

“So are we waiting for someone to give us commands or can we go?” Dorian asked when he finally got tired of waiting. Instantly, he felt Garrett’s disapproving eyes drill into him. Why the mage insisted on being extremely polite with everyone, he would never understand. The soldier knew that Dorian could weasel into anyone's good graces if he so wished to, but not if the familiar didn't want to do so.
“At least two people in the room are thinking it.” Dorian added and got the desired response when Garrett's glare became even more pointed. With a smirk Dorian turned towards his mage. “Like what you see?” He purred, and blew a kiss just to top it off.
The teasing made Garrett bury his face in his palms and let out a sigh that sounded like it came from a man who had given up on life itself, though the reaction was obviously exagerated as a second later both the mage and the familiar rolled their eyes and turned away from each other, chuckling.

“You're like two children.” Kacel’la pointed out.
Dorian’s reply was instantaneous. “Says the person currently playing with a marble.”
A smirk spread across his features as Kacel'la instantly hid the tiny sapphire orb she had been rolling across her knuckles.
“You're a real piece of work, you know.” She pointed out.
“Of course, a true masterpiece.”
“Knowing you, only a forgery.” Garrett piped up, making Dorian ghasp in mock surprise horror.
“You wound me, Sunshine.”
All three friends shared a small laugh.

"Alright, alright, if you want something to do, then I'll give you something to do!" Svetlana put her hands up in the air to get everyone's attention, "I have a list." She said with a smile, "Let's see... hmm..." she held her chin in pondering, "Dorian, Hjalmar? You both can go pick up this alchemical supplies for me." She handed them a short list and her bag of knick knacks and ingredients, "And Garrett, if you could stay here and watch over my Yaro for me, I would appreciate it. I think he'll be fine, but just in case."
Svetlana walked to the door to yell at Oceana and her shadow before they were out of ears reach, "You two!" She called, "While you're out and about, collect everyone's weaponry and armor- bring it to a blacksmith for repair! Meet back here an hour or two before sundown so we can shop for the gala together!"
She turned back to the others, "Bo, Ashlar, you two can go to the forests that outskirt the city and grab this herb for me." She pulled out a sketch from her pack, "I'm going to use it as medicine for Yaroslav, it'll quicken the healing, all while saving money!"
"Kacy, Aggie, since you two will be in the marketplace anyway, I have a list of supplies, food and such, that needs to be bought."
"Lucas, Foxrun, you two can go into town and see if you can find someone who's familiar with dwarvish technology. I need an experienced person to repair my caravans."
"Lucasta, Valeiah, you two can tend to the horses. Find them some nice stalls in the stable, groom them, feed and water them. Lilith, Phaedra, and Nameen? You three can come with me to the library for research. Anything on daemons, or even the ancient history of Algoran. I think that's it, you're all free to go." She said finally, hopeful that this would be both productive but also relaxing for her companions.
L1d1ja L1d1ja OlKaJa77 OlKaJa77 soundofmind soundofmind Vys Vys GalacticRam GalacticRam Danika Danika TeeKay TeeKay Rydellius Rydellius Vampiricdoll Vampiricdoll

Jauquilinne stood up with a grunt and brushed past Svetlana.
"Don't worry. I'll make sure to get those two on task. I snuck in and gathered everyone's arms and armor while you lot were in the bath anyway. Security measure."
The stoic commander proceeded to click her way down the hall, the crisp echo of her boots a harsh sound.
She opened a door and poked her head in.
"Esperanza, hand me that trunk. Yes the one with the wheels." She paused. "Clean the bath too, would you?"
A pause as she listened.
"Yes you may need Forrester to help you. It's... not good."
A deep sigh resounded from the room as the knight strolled away down the hall pushing a large cart full of armor.
She caught up with the others strolling on through the gates, her stride was long and ate up the ground
"Galiana, Huntress." She called as she caught up. "I require your assistance at the blacksmith. Come with me."
Galiana nodded instantly falling into step behind her guardian.
Oceana rolled her eyes but followed suit.
"And there goes my plan for finding a new flute."
Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

Last edited:
Dorian, Garrett and Kacel'la listened attentively to know their tasks.

Dorian ended up quickly grabbing the list of supplies, checking it over. He was familiar with most alchemical ingredients, even if those he knew best were poisons and antidotes, and then anything used to make them.
"I think I know a shop where we can get all this." He told to Hjalmar.
At hearing Jauquiline's remark about collecting all the weapons he tried to suppress a chuckle as he suddenly became well aware of the blade in his sleeve and one hidden behind his belt, as well as the set of lock picks tied to his arm.

Garrett meanwhile just wondered how, anywhere he went, he always ended up playing babysitter to someone. First his brothers and sisters, then the idiot soldiers who kept getting wounded in his garrison, and now Yaroslav was apparently on the list too. Looking on the bright side, at least he wouldn't have to go mill around in the city. With a nod to show that he had heard his task, he left the sitting room to go find Yaro.

Kacel’la let out a chipper "Okay." When she heard the task she had been given. "So Aggie, shall we go?" The elf asked, before letting out a soft whistle to which Sera responded to by quickly running to Kacel’la, climbing up to curl around her shoulders.

Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa Vys Vys

"Very good." Svetlana stated bluntly as everyone scattered to finish their tasks, and she herself, after waving Nameen and Phaedra to follow her, went off towards the library.
Rydellius Rydellius TeeKay TeeKay

"Not sure what Svetlana is thinking putting two thieves together to... shop," Hjalmar laughed, "I know a great way to save money. But then again, maybe she knew that." He winked, and followed Dorian out of the door towards the marketplace. He wasn't joking about it either. It had been awhile since he could just steal for the greater good- not because he had to pay some sewer rat. He enjoyed the thrill of it in all honesty, but being in debt kind of sucked the fun out of everything.
L1d1ja L1d1ja

Yaroslav managed to take a nap, albeit a restless one, after Svetlana cleaned him up just like she used to when he was but a babe. As embarrassing as it was for him, he did feel a great deal better afterwards- all that grime, guck, and blood washed away. He couldn't fall back asleep, and just lying there was eating away at him more than he could bear. He couldn't just sit around all day while everyone else was off carrying their weight. With an agitated growl, he slowly but surely managed to sit up. He grimaced with every twitch, his muscles tense with pain. He took a breather for a moment, and then slid his feet off the bed where they touched the floor. It's not like he needed anything to get up for, nor would he be of any use to anyone in his current state, but the sooner he got up and walked around, the faster his wounds would heal. At least, that's what he told himself.
He used one hand to stand himself up with a push, and the other was pressed against his wound- not that pressure took the pain away, but more for support. He groaned, but stood without holding on to anything for a few seconds. But his breathing was strained, and when he tried to take a step, his knees buckled and he nearly fell to the floor. He managed to stop the fall thanks to the conveniently placed dresser next to his bed, but the sudden jerk of movement sent a wave of pain throughout his body. He couldn't help but cry out at the sharp pangs and throbbing head that followed his stupidity. He groaned again in irritation, but he could take a hint. Defeated, the warrior took a seat back on his bed to recooperate- his breathing heavy. He had forgotten what it was like to sustain such a horrible injury, but the boredom and indescribable feeliing of being useless and weak beat the physical pain any day.

Svetlana followed the corridors until she came upon a bigger room filled with shelves, and those shelves filled with numerous books- some of which she had never seen before. It was quite the collection, and she stared in awe, appreciating all the racks upon racks of knowledge stored in this one room. She also felt a bit of hope. Perhaps there was something to be discovered in these tomes, something that could help her piece together a puzzle that was slowly unraveling. Find answers to questions that even she did not know.
"You two can start whenever you like, I'll head towards the center here." She said to them as she quickly paced towards the books, "Look for anything that has to do with daemons, the history of Algoran- or anything that you personally find interesting, even if it has nothing to do with those subjects. If you find anything helpful or insightful, let me know."
She departed from them and headed down bwteeen two stacks, her eyes darting about from title to tile. Some books had no titles, so she would have to pick them up and scan the pages, most often finding them useless. She knew of one book that would be most helpful to her, but them having it was a long shot.
The Book of the Two; a book containing the most ancient texts in history, said to be written by the Dayar themselves. In fact it was so old, that the language was long forgotten and was believed to be the first language that ever existed.
Even so, she continued to search for it. And she was somewhat successful. She came up towards the back where a glass case was displaying books, one was missing however, and according to the title, it was the book she was looking for. She tsked at the empty case and pondered for a moment. She would have to speak with the Jarl about it at the gala, as he was sure to be there, and there was a high probability he knew where precious items such as the book were being kept or if and how they went missing (in the worst case scenario).
With a sigh, she turned from the case and continued looking for such knowledge elsewhere for the time being.

Bo nodded, looking down at the little picture placed in his hands curiously. He hoped that it wouldn't be too much of a challenge to find. It looked vaguely familiar - he was sure he'd seen it before, but he wasn't a medic or a medicine maker. He walked up to Ashlar, flashing a goofy smile and handing the drawing to him.

"Looks like we gotta find this sup-herb healing plant." He commented, casually. "I'm ready to leave when you are - uh, I mean, I'm ready... now. Yeah."

Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

"Or, you know, at least one of us can actually pay and try to keep everyone from hounding this little team out of Tarfella." Dorian laughed at Hjalmar's remark. "And I know some places where you can get much of this cheaper than usual. Smugglers and thieves often steal all they get their hands on, and then just hope to get rid of things they deem useless by giving it away cheap. Some of my... frends work here." He shrugged, then had a sudden idea.
"Or we could use this old trick me and my brother had figured out before we went professional." He suggested. "One of us paid the vendor, while the other used the distraction to nab their coin pouch and take back what we had just given away. Though I guess that wouldn't work with larger sums. Your choice."
The familiar was actually quite exited to walk around Tarfella more. He had worked some jobs here before, and wondered if he could still recognize some faces on the street. And maybe he had some inkling of curiosity to check if the wanted posters for 'the masked menace' were still on the streets. The nickname they had given him here had always seemed so amusing, and he wondered if the price for his head had risen any higher. After all, his brother had been doing Dorian’s job while he was gone.

Garrett had been close enough to Yaroslav's room to hear the cry of pain coming from within it.
"Whatever you were just trying to do, I hope that you understand that it was a stupid decision." He told Yaroslav as he rushed into the room, losing a bit of his worry now that he saw that Yaro had not just brained himself by falling over. That would have really made for an awkward situation.
The soldier's tone had almost instinctually turned to that of a very dissaproving brother, one that had often kept Garrett’s siblings, and then the soldiers under his command, from doing something ridiculous, like trying to walk around while they were in no shape to do so.
"Please tell me you didn't just open that wound back up."

Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

Listening attentively to the older woman, she smiled softly as they were given the chore to buy more things at the market. /Convenient!/. Looking over to her brightly haired friend she smiled and nodded,"Yup I'm rearing to go." looking to the little beast that curled up on her friend's shoulder, she cooed and gave a little click of her tongue with a smile,"Goodness shes cute. Speaking of companions. " looking around everyone's feet for her dog, she wasn't all too surprised to see him hanging around Bo, expectantly looking up at the man and wiggling of what little of a tail he had.
"What a ham." turning on her heel, she clasped her hands onto her notebook and held it behind her back, walking with a slight skip out to market.

L1d1ja L1d1ja

Sera puffed up proudly at the compliment, its little feather-like tufts standing on end as if to show off.
"Don't let it get to your head, your ego is already bigger than you are, and you're not even in your adult colors yet." Kacy chuckled as she booped the little little wyvern's nose, making Sera recoil and sneeze a couple of times.
"What shall we try to find first?" The elf asked Aggie. "We have quite a list." She waved the piece of paper in the air a little.

Vys Vys

Bo felt the stare of the small dog at his feet and sighed. He picked Pippa up and held him on his arms. "If you come you need to be useful and help us find this herb. Maybe sniff it out."

Vys Vys

"Hope you don't mind." He said to Aslar, as he gave Pippa a pat on the belly.

Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

Ashlar laughed warmly at Bo's pun, now this was a man he could appreciate. But looking at Pippa, he gave the dog a small raised eyebrow, "I suppose he can come along." He said, "He just bett-herb not give me any trouble." He said, "... I'm sorry, that was horrible."
soundofmind soundofmind Vys Vys

"With my grandmothers stitching? Unlikely." Yaroslav stated and rolled his eyes and grunted. So he was going to be babysat, huh? With a sigh, Yaroslav shifted in his seat uncomfortably, "I just wanted to get up and be useful. I hate being confined." He complained, "Last time this sort of thing happened I took a barbed spear to the shoulder. But at least I could still walk."

"True, but having the ruler of all of Algoran surely must give us some sort of leverage, right?" He added. And he never intended on getting caught. But Dorian's idea of buying, and then stealing back the money sounded like a good idea, "I guess I'll just follow your lead then." He said with a sly smile as they entered the crowded streets of people, "I can steal or distract, whatever you want to do."
L1d1ja L1d1ja

Garrett understood well how Yaroslav was feeling. He really did. He was a person used to action, to doing all he could to help anyone who needed it. He had learnt the torture of inaction during his first year of being bound to Dorian. The two were enemies after all, and the wish to get rid of the other did not help. The assassin, who often tried to spill no blood except that of his targets eliminated all guards in non-hurting ways, leading them away, or knocking them out. Garrett, however, would end up with everything from superficial cuts to arrows embedded through his body. He knew what it was like to be unable to do your job because of something that seemed minor.
"When you think about it, the most useful thing you can do right now is heal, which means not trying to aggravate your wounds." Garrett explained the sentiment which most often helped him get through the boredom. "What did you do to end up with a spear through your shoulder?" He asked, trying to distract Yaro.

Dorian thought for a moment. "How about you be the one stealing? I'm not sure how good you would be at sweet-talking someone into giving you a ridiculous discount." He joked. Actually, he just wanted to see just how good Hjalmar was at picking pockets. It was always nice to know what your teammates were capable of.

Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

Last edited:
Bo laughed with a snort, throwing his head back. "No! Haha! That was great! I prob-herbly couldn't have come up with a better one myself!" He smiled widely, and waved a hand for Ashlar to follow him as he made his way out of the room, carrying Pippa.

"And don't worry about this booger. He's just a needly little mutt. And if he does anything funny then I'll take care of it."

Vys Vys Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

0F3YkCXm.jpg

Azriael

On a table in a corner of the library a cat lay sprawled, carefully using her claws to page through an ancient looking leather bound book. There seemed to be a strange mumbling coming from the cat, albeit quietly. If anyone had been close enough to hear, they would have heard the following, "No. No. Yeah that's wrong. They damned well did not immediately charge into battle. I had to break down their door, and even then getting them to kill me and take the throne was like trying to talk a baby chick into flying for the first time. Really? "They possessed a legendary love that blossomed soon after the death of the witch queen, and produced many children? I mean they made like bunny rabbits yes, and claimed all their children at that, but I do not think they ever even spent time alone together at any point in their relationship. They despised everything about each other except for their political power and prowess. Several times I had to personally stop by and put a stop to assassination plots. If I hadn't wanted that kingdom to remain stable for at least a few years, it would have ripped itself apart before their children could take the throne. I guess at least the propaganda worked." At that point the cat rose to her feet and stuck a paw under one side of the book, closing it before stretching and moving away. The title of the book was "Ancient history as gleaned from stories, The Fall of the Witch Queen."

Azriael moved off through the library feeling irked. That whole period had been a mess of obligations and debts, and it was one of many that she preferred not to dwell on. At least none of the historians had ever managed to dig up the truth of the matter. Well none that survived long enough to record their findings anyway. Of all the books to be left out on the table it had to be that one. She shook herself, irked by the limitations of her current form. If she was careful she could read them, but taking one down from the shelves was out of the question. She raised her head and scented the air. There were several new arrivals, but the strongest scent by far was one she had not smelled for quite some time. A dragon blessed, and a fairly potent witch along with. She grinned toothily, before heading towards the scent. Now the question became whether or not they were gullible.

When she came upon the witch in the stacks she hissed quietly. Svetlana was unlikely to know her in this form as they had never met formally, but she was also unlikely to unleash a cursed binding collar without first knowing why it was placed there. Ah well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. With that in mind Azriael closed in, moving down to the floor before approaching, carefully keeping Svetlana just outside of the null magic field before speaking up, "Hello there. Interested in releasing a poor little kitty from a cursed collar?" She opened her eyes pleadingly wide, but had to hold her tail perfectly still and her mouth shut to prevent any sign of amusement showing.

Definitively present: Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa Possibly present: Rydellius Rydellius TeeKay TeeKay
Her voice is melodic and relatively deep, sounding little to do with a cat's in any way except location. Her aura is muted but present, feeling dark, but not purely malevolent, and rather oddly weak. The collar feels like death and sacrifice, and is a thin blacks string upon which is threaded a small blue jewel, only visible to those with magic. Svetlana would likely be able to tell that the collar was made in part with direct human sacrifice.

Foxrun perked up at his name "alrighty!" He called to Svetlana before scanning the room for the Prince and striding up to him "looks like we get to wander together today!" He flashed one of his typical grins before furrowing his brows, leaning down to whisper "I know nothing of this city...any ideas where to start?" Of course he wasn't actually expecting Lucas to know, as far as he knew, this was also the kid's first trip here.

Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

Jauquilinne led a steady march toward the hub of the city where the market thrived and throbbed. Galiana was one step behind her with Oceana trailing slightly behind trying her best to look disinterested.
"There's more elves than the last time I was here." She mumbled to herself.
Jauquilinne, however, had elven hearing as well and grunted bemusedly.
"With demons and dark forces causing trouble in the wilderness many leave their clans for the safety of larger settlements."
The huntress froze, face twisted in confusion that quickly molded into anger.
"H-how can they just do that? Leaving their heritage and kin behind to seek refuge in cowardice?!" After everything I've had to give up, this? The prospect filled her with such a desperate agony that she could no longer put forth words. She felt like curling up and weeping right then and there.

Galiana's hand twitched as if perhaps she wished to reach out but something stopped her.

Jauquilinne stopped her cart-rolling and turned to scowl at the younger woman.
"Just because you have strength doesn't mean you can measure others upon your own standards. Some folk are simply weak. That is why as the strong we must protect them."
The raven-haired woman was having none of that.
"How dare you?! Assuming that people are destined to be weak and afraid. That's almost as bad as saying an elf is a savage and a fae no more than a manipulating parasite!"
"Is that so? Pot meet kettle I suppose. You are no better than I. Halfbreed, was it?" Jauquilinne rumbled in a menacing register. Her eyes were as cold and aloof as a clear sky painted with a dying sun.
Oceana slammed her jaw shut and continued walking.

Galiana started and trotted after her.

Jauquilinne kept in line with them easily, parting the crowds even in her ordinary clothing. She simply had that grand of a presence. With hair the color of mercury, her being represented an unsheathed blade always balancing order and chaos, life and death, by just existing.
She soon spoke again, voice icy.
"You, who wears her regret and wounded pride like a cloak in the night, have had a hard life. This I know. I see it in your manner, your eyes, all that you are. An uncovered, angry bleeding wound. How unsightly. Thrashing in your agony without a thought to who you harm in your painful throes. Will it take another of your caravan mate's lives to get you to see your own cowardice? You hold a dagger to all of their throats with your careless attitude."
The knight commander led them to a quieter street that held the smithy in the cradle of its curve. The trailing tails of smoke was an obvious sign.
"Will you sacrifice the fate of your quest on the altar of your own foolish pride?" She asked, suddenly softer and not unkind.
Oceana finally turned to look at her and the silverette was shocked into stillness by the wet, tortured look in aquamarine eyes.
"I..."
Galiana finally reached out and tugged on the huntress' sleeve tentatively. When sea and forest met the squire shook her head. She turned her baleful gaze on her guardian and the elder wilted slightly. Jauquilinne sighed, almost remorsefully.
"I apologize. I have said something unpleasant. Undeservedly so." She bowed, before stepping into the smithy.
The knight was one who despised pleasantries for their own sake but she smiled when she greeted the burly blacksmith.
"Merry Samhain, Garruk. Could you take a look at this lot for me? I'll pay to have them functioning again, as need be."
The bulky Garruk was a human man in his mid-years and had a fatherly smile. His dark beard was trimmed to hug his face and he scratched it as he contemplated the large trunk.
Oceana was busy admiring the tools, blades and equipment along the walls. Galiana watched after her with a careful eye. The girl was still concerned about her newfound savior and the latter's unsettling meloncholy.
Once Garruk was convinced, by a rather large sum of money and honeyed words, to fix their equipment the group headed off toward the markets proper. Jauquilinne figured some time to look around would be a small apology for her earlier behavior.
She contemplated her boots for a bit, wondering if she needed a new pair and looked up to find Galiana dragging the huntress by the hand to stalls hitherto and fro. The knight commander couldn't help but smile at her charge's antics, no doubt trying to cheer up the sullen elf. It seemed to be working as the elf woman was blushing to her pointed ear tips and grumbling without feeling.
She decided to go on ahead back to the mansion, contemplating the dusky sky.
That girl sure is growing up.

Meanwhile, Oceana was stumbling along behind Galiana trying to pull her hand free. They were walking through the market with the squire glancing back at the elf and grinning.
"What? What is it?" Oceana mused, as they danced past stall after stall. " Where are we going?"
Galiana simply smirked mischeviously.
"Ugh." The huntress grumbled, yet surrendered to the lock on her wrist. Suddenly they stopped and the elf nearly bumped into the ex-slave. "Hey!" she exclaimed. The knight in training stepped aside to reveal a stall full of elven instruments, from lutes to harmonicas to odd spiral trumpets.
Oceana was speechless.
Near the corner of the leftmost table there was an array of flutes in every manner of material but there was one in particular that made the huntress' fingers twitch at the sight of it. A Harmonia wood flute carved with care into the form of a branch with spiraling bark and twining vines. The varnish of shell sap created a red luster to the piece of art that the elf knew would sing with notes the moment her breath touched it.
But there was something she forgot, and she turned to set it right.
The raven haired woman took Galiana's hands and gave a grateful squeeze, smile splitting her face in unrepentant joy.
"You were listening earlier..."
Galiana smiled back, a flush painting her freckled cheeks.
Just as Oceana was about to turn back to the stand a snap rang out of a nearby alley.
She found Galiana crouched with her hands covering her head, breath coming in panicked gasps. No one else seemed to hear it, or perhaps chose to ignore it.
Oceana leaned down and put a gentle hand on the girl's shoulder.
"Galiana shhh it's alright lass. I promise I wonnae let them touch you."
Wide, green eyes peered up at her and the squire gave a shaky nod.
"Stay here. I promise it'll be alright."
The huntress darted into the alley and hid behind a pile of crates covered in netting.
There was a cart guarded by two burly fae men, and soft whimpering was coming from the cloth covered cart. The men were armed with curved swords and nine-tailed whips along with bull whips.
That had been the snapping noise earlier.
The men had their heads together whispering.
"How do... shut them up...too valuable... he'll skin us.."
The huntress only caught snippets and she itched to take them down that instant.
She knew exactly what was in that cart and she was livid.
Then the fae quieted and a set of soft footsteps rang in the alley.
"Push it on out of here." The smooth voice hummed in a strange accent. " We've got to get them to the rendezvous fast or we'll have the guard on us."
A shadow loomed at the entrance to the alley and the new figure, hood covering his face, turned to look.
There stood Galiana on shaking legs, sword drawn and lips trembling.
"Shit!" One of the fae blurted.
"That's my line!" Oceana shouted as she leaped at the hooded figure, knife drawn.
A fae got in her way and backfisted her into the wall. Galiana charged him and got whipped across the face and fell to the ground. She didn't get up.
When Oceana's head stopped spinning the cart and the men were gone.

Last edited:
Yaroslav smiled slightly looking back on it, "Sometimes I forget how old I really am- it was a long time ago. During the wars with the invaders. Now these guys were big, strong, they had magic too. It was at a time where we were allied with the daemons and they had been fighting by our side on the front lines. That made it a whole lot easier. They were big and had magic too, not to mention the horns they used to skewer their enemies like a charging rhino. I remember having one as a partner. His name was Baaruk. He was a fellow of few words, but his prowess and power in battle was unmatched. He had been injured earlier, but decided to engage in a vital skirmish with me anyway. It nearly cost him his life. One of the invaders took notice of his injury, kicked it with their boot, and brought him to his knees. They had these nasty looking spears with barbs that they usually used to shoot into walls to set up ladders, or pull down doors and bridges. But the skirmish was going on for days, and they were running out of weaponry. Well, one of these invaders aimed it at Baaruk while he was trying to recover from the blow. I noticed, jumped in front- you can guess where that all led to. Baaruk never let me live it down, he scolded me on a daily basis for doing something so stupid... But, he also thanked me often. It was aimed for his head- not even he could survive that sort of thing." Yaroslav finally moved his hand from his wound to the massive scar on his shoulder, "Pulling it out was a pain apparently. Thankfully I was too unconscious to feel it. As for Baaruk, he left with Kvacht. I haven't seen him since."
The warrior lifted his legs and leaned back on his bed, "How about you? Got any good war stories?"
L1d1ja L1d1ja

"I was hoping you would say that." Hjalmar gave a toothy grin- that was his favorite part of any heist, "But you can pick the victim, of course." He added, looking around at the stalls, wondering which poor fool would be chosen by Dorian.
L1d1ja L1d1ja

Ashlar sputtered in response, "You and I? We're gonna get along just fine." He said with a grin- though, he actually got along with most everyone on his part. There were a few he could think of that still didn't like him since the crawler incident. Due to that, he had been sticking close to the only person who appreciated him, Agitha. They made their way through the city, and having a longer walk ahead of them than anyone else, they were sure to bring their horses to make for a faster trip. They had little trouble with the guards after mentioning both Jaquilinne and Svetlana, and they began their short trek across the plains towards the towering trees that composed the forest ahead. Once there, they tied their horses to a tree on the edge, and entered the forest slowly as to better inspect it's contents. Ashlar looked at the drawing again, "It would be helpful if we had a color to look out for." He muttered, "This being an ink sketch instead of a painting is troublesome... From what I can tell it looks like some kind of moss with little flowers growing out of it... but..." he looked around, "I don't see anything like it."
soundofmind soundofmind

As Svetlana inspected several different books, placing many of them back to their proper places after deeming them useless, she felt a small brush of magic rub against her own. Her physical hearing wasn't the best, but that didn't make her any less perceptive, and she could already sense to what kind of character it belonged. She turned her head with an eyebrow raised when she heard the voice, not at all surprised by it belonging to a black cat of all things. And odd character was what she was expecting. She smiled slightly in amusement, "I am truly sorry, but I was taught not to remove cursed collars off of random strangers I meet in the library." She knelt down to get on the same level as the cat, "At least, not before I know for what reason they were placed there. And despite whatever answer you give me, I can tell that blood was used to pay the price for such a curse- not something I would take lightly, being a dabbler in magic and all." She added with finality, in a long winded way, she was saying 'no.'
Raven Kade Raven Kade

Lucas got up from his seat, ready to go out into the city. When Foxrun approached him, he gave a shrug at his question, "This is my first time in this city too- well, or any city for that matter. But we could look around and see what we can find. Should we start in the marketplace? I'm sure dwarvish metals will be easy to spot among the common ones." He suggested, awaiting the fae's reply.
GalacticRam GalacticRam

Garrett listened intently to the story, nodding along to show that he was listening. "Quite a heroic feat, taking a hit meant for another. Unfortunately few people ever think above their own safety." He noted. He then smiled and shook his head at the question. "I'm lucky enough to have seen no wars, except if you count my four siblings declaring me the evil tyrant in their games and then chasing me down until I jumped into a well and they proclaimed their victory. That did happen, once. Though I did jump in the well more than once before I learned to control my magic" He laughed. "But no, the only battles I faced were chasing down thieves, spies, and assassins, or facing of bandit gangs. That got me thrown off towers, stuffed unconscious in closets, made a living pincushion for arrows and throwing knives, and on one memorable occasion, stuck in a cave filled with giant spiders and rune traps which ended with me gaining one very much unwanted familiar." He counted off everything like it was common everyday life.

"Alright then. Let's see how it goes" Dorian nodded, glancing quickly at the list before picking the best stall for the ingredients and breaking off from Hjalmar so that they would not be seen approaching together.
It was ridiculously easy for him to chat up the vendor, the woman soon keeping all of her attention on him, giggling along to his jokes. The mask of charm was so easy to put on: a casual posture, a soft smile, just barely there as if challenging to make it grow, paying just enough attention to satisfy but keep wanting. He mimicked the posture of his target, close enough to be familiar, yet changed enough not to seem fake; he spoke in the same tone, same manner. After all, somewhere deep bellow, as strange as it was, what people tried to find in other were themselves. Dorian let his accent surface in his words, playing the act of a stranger to these parts, something new and fascinating. In minutes he had gotten all he had needed from the stall, at a much smaller price than usual, and left with one last parting smile, a wave of his fingers, and a promise to return to keep talking later. A promise he had no intention of keeping, of course.

Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

Last edited:

0F3YkCXm.jpg

Azriael
Azriael sat back on her haunches and smirked, a not quite feline expression. She licked her paw and began to groom the fur on her head before she spoke, "I suppose you wouldn't believe innocent cursed princess? Ah, I suppose not. The reasons are complex, and involve at least seven longheld grudges including two declared family blood feuds. I believe they intended to curse me to wander, seeking a magic wielder with no sense who would release it. So I do, and I had some hope that a dragon-blessed might as there is a marked tendency for dragon-blessed to be brave and noble, but gullible warriors. To be honest Svetlana once I saw your face I was mostly going through the motions." At this point Azriael hopped to her feet and leapt up onto Svetlana's shoulder, digging her claws in but being careful to not puncture skin. She sniffed lightly and draped herself across the back of Svetlana's neck like a scarf before speaking again, "You smell like you are traveling with an interesting bunch though. From what I have heard you have a tendency to be around for interesting things, and I am rather bored. I have a few useful talents I could bring along if you didn't mind a somewhat cursed cat, including this null magic field you are currently in. If you do mind though, drop me off at a table with a book of fiction of some sort would you? The only books people tend to leave out on the tables are dry histories, and one tires of mentally correcting their historical inaccuracies."

Addressed Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa She does not, in fact, have any regard for personal space. Frankly even if Svetlana does tell her to go away she is curious now, so she would likely show up anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back