Take Back the Crown

"Adiella it is then." Svetlana reuttered to the cat, though remembering names weren't her strong suit. As the elven huntress followed by the mute ginger approached, Svetlana smiled warmly, "Ah! I think I will just need assistance skimming through these books." She gestured to the piles on the table, "I know not if they'll be of any use, but it's worth a shot." She chuckled. It was quite the daunting task, and she doubted it would be fruitful in the end. But all there was left to do was wait for the others so they could be fitted in gowns for the gala.
As the woman closed one book and set it down, she heard two voices come from the hallway. And in came a limping Yaroslav using Garrett as a crutch. The old witch sighed, but his arrival was expected.
"That wasn't a very long nap." She jabbed at her grandson, who winced at every step, "Maybe next time I should clock you with a club."
Yaroslav slid into a seat, and held his aching side. Catching his breath, he was too tired to return a quip. Instead, he groaned in response, but otherwise kept his mouth shut.
Raven Kade Raven Kade Rydellius Rydellius OlKaJa77 OlKaJa77 L1d1ja L1d1ja

"Well, I'll just tag along with you for now until I find something else to do." Hjalmar said with a shrug, letting Dorian take the lead.
L1d1ja L1d1ja

The two men had stopped walking at some point, and Ashlar listened intently to Bo's advice. As he concluded, Ashlar glanced away in thought. "Thank you, Bo." He finally said, with a genuine smile, "I suppose dumping that information on someone would be completely inconsiderate of their feelings. I never thought of it that way before..." He spoke and continued walking again, remembering their task at hand, "I'll try to change my approach. Not forget about my promise, nor my goals. But set them aside long enough to put his well being first-"
Ashlar couldn't finish his sentence before tripping over a hidden root and tumbling sideways. There was a sudden drop that he hadn't noticed before with their conversation. He face planted into the dirt. It took him a moment to recuperate. He pushed himself up, spitting out the forest floor debris that had managed to get into his mouth. He heard trickling water of a stream in front of him, and as he opened his eyes, he saw a white flower climbing towards the sky from the sandy bed. With a laugh, he called out to Bo, "I think I found it!"
soundofmind soundofmind

With a smile, Lucas led the fae into the city which he had never navigated before. Though the boy felt he would hardly notice if he was lost, there was so much to do and so much to see in such a wondrous place. A few times, he forgot why they were scouring the magical streets in the first place. They walked for what felt like hours, but still, their search was fruitless. Lucas had not seen anything that even closely resembled dwarf make. They visited countless blacksmiths and the odd crafter in the marketplace. But now that the prince thought about it, the dwarves were reclusive people. Finding someone who knew their work would be like finding a needle in a haystack. The boy groaned in exhaustion as he plopped down on a bench next to an alleyway, "I don't think we're going to find anyone here." He complained, rubbing his sore legs, "At least we got some exercise- as if we didn't get enough of that on the trip here." He snidely quipped.
"Maybe we should just head back-" He started, but then something caught his attention from behind. It almost sounded like a gargled hiss, and something scraping against metal. He peered into the foggy alleyway, but nothing was there.
But wait... he thought to himself, why is there fog? It hasn't rained. It's dry, and the sun is shining. He looked at the other alleys and grates, but no fog seemed to be coming from them. He got up and took tenacious steps towards the slightly rattling grate in the floor. He cocked his head sideways to get a better look from a safe distance, but the hiss only sounded once and the rattling stopped.
"That was strange." He muttered, before turning to Foxrun. The mist slowly dissipated, "Maybe they have some strange mechanism working down there. Pipelines? Do they have plumbing here?" He questioned out loud.
His curiosity faded, and he left the alleyway, "Anyways, do you think we should call it quits, Foxrun?" The prince asked, internally hoping he'd say yes so that they could return to the comforts of their temporary home.
GalacticRam GalacticRam

(SORRY I HAVE BEEN INACTIVE, I have returned. Hopefully I can keep up)

"Maybe that would have done more good than harm." Garrett quipped, then frowned though fully before grinning. "Never thought I'd ever say that about hitting someone over the head with a club."
He looked at Yaroslav with concern for a minute, making sure that the man was alright, or at least as alright as he could be with a wound in his side.
"So what should I start searching for first?" Garrett asked Svetlana, trying to quell the excitement at finally being able to do some good old fashioned research. The soldier was a scholar at heart. After all, when he was just a child, he had to learn all by himself how to control his magic, as it had never before been present in his family. He had spent hours avoiding any chores he had to escape into the city library and search for whatever tricks he could learn next, and he missed the interesting and tiring work of cross-referencing book after book to find any truth between false facts, myths, and mistakes.

"Alright then. The man I'm going to try to find is Cael, an old crow. He tends to know all that happens all over Algoran. He's a good contact to have, maybe you should remember that if you think of staying in this profession for a while." Dorian shrugged.
As he walked, he kept looking up, eyes catching on almost-invisible marks scratched into the stones of the buildings in places few would look at: edges of windowsills, under roof ledges, etc. Outlaw alphabet, he used to jokingly call them. The little lines told many things about the streets he passed: when the guards patroled and how many, what houses were under protection of a gang and which were marked for a hit, where to turn to find one kind of outlaw or another.
Dorian pulled his scarf up over his nose to hide some of his face as he turned into an alleyway where an old man casually sat as if waiting for someone. The familiar greeted him like an old friend though they were nothing but aquaintantances, as a masked man talking business to another was way more suspicious than just two friends catching up, wether one his his face or no.
In a few minuted of talking Dorian knew all he wanted, and bid goodbye to Cael, tossing him a coin pouch as he walked away.

Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

Bo let out a loud laugh, rather involuntarily at Ashalr's face-smack onto the forest floor. He did however, run over to Ashlar to help him up, though Ashlar seemed to be fine enough to do it on his own. His eyes followed Ashlar's gaze of discovery, and with a smile and laughter in his voice declared, "Wow! I guess you really stumbled into that one!" Naturally, he began to laugh at his own joke, but restrained himself enough to follow up on his own comment.

"I think your lucky self should do the honors of picking the flower." He gave a little wave of his hand towards the flower, and a small bow, as if doing so were a great privilege.

Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

Oceana was about to crack open a book and start reading when a certain maimed warrior limped up to them.
She growled at his recklessness.
"You should be in bed!" She exclaimed. The huntress was furious that Yaroslav was up and about in his current condition.
She turned to Garrett.
"You! How could you let him get out of bed?" The elf demanded.
Groaning in resignation she took a book and cracked it open.
"Hmph. Do as you like then. Donnae expect me to help if you collapse on the floor later."
Galiana giggled silently in her corner.
Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa L1d1ja L1d1ja

"I know when I have a lost cause. I was either supposed to help him get here and not let him knock his head open against a wall, or watch him try to get here by himself." Garrett calmly explained to the fuming elf. "Plus reading books might as well keep him from moving to much."
While his tone had been friendly and measured to keep from annoying Oceana further, his glare challenged her to try to contradict his arguments.

OlKaJa77 OlKaJa77

Last edited:
"I won't be confined to a bed all day!" Yaroslav argued, "Reading requires no physical effort. I'll be fine." He reassured, then picked up a book and began reading through it. His grandmother chuckled at the spectacle, "Even with my Yaro's injuries, I doubt Garrett would be able to restrain him once he's set his mind to something." She joked, though she personally agreed with Oceana. But she knew it was a lost cause, he was here now, she might as well work with it.
"Garrett, if you'd like to you can start with this pile." She pointed to the other side of the table, covered in books, "Anything that covers ancient Algoran, the crown, or even the daemons would be most useful. Though I warn you, I doubt we'll find anything we don't already know here. I'll be speaking with the Jarl tonight about the academy's ancient collection. Though the results will probably be the same there as well." She sighed, but it was worth a shot, "Oh, and Oceana? You and your friend can work on that pile with Garrett if you'd like. Speaking of which, I don't think we've been formally introduced." She spoke to Galiana, "Galiana, was it? I am Svetlana- sort of a leader to this group though I technically shouldn't be." She laughed, and extended a friendly hand to the stranger.
L1d1ja L1d1ja OlKaJa77 OlKaJa77

"I certainly hope not to, in all honesty." Hjalmar replied, "I do enjoy it, all the sneaking around- but when it's out of necessity rather than thrill? It's not so enjoyable."
He casually left Dorian as the familiar entered the alleyway, not wanting to draw attention to him. He wandered the streets a bit as he waited. If not for the history he had with the city, he might have found it as wondrous as Lucas did upon entering. It was an impressive place they had built, and one of the most ancient places of Algoran. It all started with the construction of the Academy of Arcane Arts; a mage's heaven. As students poured in to learn the craft, it grew extensively and became it's own metropolis. It's history was dark, but also colorful and rich- steeped in magic and mystery. It was an adventurous world. But for Hjalmar, it was like a prison. Only because this was the home of Turus, the Web of Thieves. This was where Ingvar dwelled, the spider that manipulated all those who were unlucky enough to get caught in his web of lies and false promises.
As the boy skulked about and waited for his partner in crime, he noticed a dark figure trailing awfully close to a woman and even closer to her coin purse. The shadow snatched it without detection- even from some of the guards who were passing by! It darted into a tight alleyway. Hjalmar followed, curious at to which lucky pick pocket it was. He knew almost all who thrived in the city. As he entered the considerably dark alleyway, he could feel a presence above him. Soon after, he felt sharp cold steel press up against his throat, "This is a mugging. Give me your moneys." A voice whispered into his ear, and he smiled.
"I had a feeling it was you, Faara." He responded.
"Awe, what gave it away?" The voice responded, though this time the tone was much less menacing.
"The perfume. I told you to stop wearing it if you didn't want to be recognized."
He felt the knife lift from his skin, and he turned to see a dark-skinned woman- almost like him, adorned in black leather armor. A red insignia was painted on her right shoulder guard, but it was partially hidden by her cloak. A cowl was securely placed around her head, but he could tell she was smiling underneath.
"It's been awhile, Mar." She said sweetly.
"Aye."
"Last I knew, you were stealing from the Krell Nobles in Brink. Now you're chasing after a legendary crown? How on earth did a company of do-gooders like that let somebody like you in?" She asked bewildered.
"I stole, they were impressed." He answered with a shrug, and she raised an eyebrow, "Their leader is kinda weird like that." He added with a chuckle.
She sheathed her weapon, "You're not wearing your mark." She commented, looking him over.
"I'm somewhat undercover. And it doesn't make sense to anyway. Kinda makes you stand out, if you hadn't noticed."
"That's the point. Boss likes people to know his mark. When guards are chasing down a thief and fail to catch them and the goods? He likes them to know who was responsible. Although, nobody has actually seen Ingvar steal anything, so the mastermind remains a mystery. That plan is working poorly though. Either the security here is getting worse, or we're just getting better."
"Probably a little bit of both." Hjalmar commented, "I don't know all the details, but I caught wind something was going on here and it's all very hush. But that's just what I've gathered from gossip I've tuned into."
Faara nodded in response, and shifted her weight awkwardly. "Listen, Mar..." She said carefully, "I know Ingvar wants you to steal that crown. And I'm gonna give you some advice." Hjalmar looked at her expectantly, "I can tell just by looking at you that you've developed feelings for your little posse. You want to be the hero, do the right thing. Well, don't. They're really not worth you sacrificing your life so that they can go on their fun let's-save-the-world quest. If they ever found out the truth about you? Where you come from, what you've done, who you work for- they'd drop you in the mud and leave you there to rot without a second glance. People are like that, and I don't know when you'll learn your lesson. They can't be trusted. I can't be trusted, no one can be trusted. You can only trust yourself. And when it comes down to it? All that matters is saving your own skin." She said with conviction and finality before walking past him towards the grate in the alley.
She lifted it, and readied to drop herself down. Hjalmar said nothing, but she looked at him one more time, "Ingvar will make your life hell- maybe even send you there if you don't do what he says." She warned, "Be careful, you're in some deep and dangerous waters. Swim to the shore while you still got the chance. Accept that this is your life now, there's no changing it." With that, the lithe girl slipped into the darkness and was gone. Hjalmar stood there for a moment, contemplating her words. But then he covered the grate and left the alley. Despite her urges, he had already decided. He wasn't going to steal the crown. That wasn't an option. He understood why she thought that way- her upbringing forced her to fend for herself at a young age, and the only person she could rely on was herself. Her family and friends abandoned her, 'trust was for the foolish' she would always say. Even though they were something like friends, if it ever came down to choosing between her life and his, she would choose her own life.
As he walked back to where he had left Dorian, he saw the familiar leave the alley just on time, "Have fun with your friends?" He asked.
L1d1ja L1d1ja

"Why thank you, you're too kind." Ashlar laughed, and reached for the white flowers, plucking them gently and placing them into a small pouch he had on his belt. As he stood up and wiped the dirt off his clothes, an array of colors caught his eye not too far from where the herb had been growing. It was a collection of beautiful flowers, reds, oranges, and purples. His thoughts went to Aggie, and he was drawn towards them. He picked a few, but then remembered that Bo was still around. He flushed slightly and turned to the tall man with the flowers in hand, "For Aggie." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck, "So, shall we head back, my friend?" He asked.
soundofmind soundofmind

"Had quite an interesting chat. Apparently I did some high-grade jobs while our group traveled. How nice." Dorian chuckled, setting a mental reminder that he should really congratulate his brother when he next met him, and probably get him a ridiculous gift too. They had quite a competition about it, getting each other the most ridiculously useless gifts possible. Last time Dorian got a cape dyed a surprisingly bright shade of yellow from his brother, now he wondered if Kacel’la would help him enchant something to glow bright like a beacon. That line of thought passing in less than a second, Dorian went back to his usual suspicious self, casting a critical glance on how Hjalmar was acting.
"And what friend did you meet?"

Garrett nodded at Svetlana's words and got right to work, scanning through the books for anything that might be of use.

Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

Oceana merely gave in and kept reading.

Galiana was startled out of her musings by the sudden address. Even after years of civilized society the young woman was still jumpy at anyone but her guardian speaking to her.
Shyly, verdant eyes turned to the floor. Then the offered hand, Svetlana's face and to the floor again.
Jauquilinne had taught her how to shake a hand but she was so nervous. The elder seemed a master, of a kind, and she couldn't help feeling apprehensive and a little frightened.
"It's alright." Oceana murmured after the squire's awkward frozen moment. "Svetlana is very kind and looks after all of us. No need to be afraid." The elf gave her a kind smile and the ginger nodded.
Jauquilinne told her there were three ways to shake a hand; delicately for a highborn lady, firmly for a highborn lord or those of equal status, and a strong forearm grip for a comrade in arms.
Galiana debated which would be appropriate to greet the mage with and eventually decided that a happenstance without protocol deserves some creativity.
She reached out and gently took Svetlana's forearm, so the ginger's own forearm was in the woman's grip, and gave it one light shake.
Then she smiled a tiny smile.
Drawing her hand back she pointed to the stack of books and nodded before setting to work on a particularly thick tome, flipping pages softly.
Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

"Sounds good to me! They're probably waiting for us to get back," Bo said with a nod, as he gave a glance at the colorful bouquet of flowers Ashlar had gathered. He suppressed a sly smile, figuring that for now, it would be best to hold his tongue from saying anything that would further embarrass Ashlar. Ashlar really had it bad for Aggie, but it was a good thing she seemed to be returning the same interest. "I'm sure she'll love the flowers, by the way."

Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

Nodding and eying the wrapped packages warily, she caught the attention of the shopkeeper and smiled.
The man took a hunk of uncut pork hind that was hanging from the hook, fresh from the block. After trading coin for the new package of bacon, she turned to the woman and her little friend,"Can't find maple bacon in the wild, yea? I'm sure our boys would appreciate a nice fatty and crisp strip after a cold night, yea?" Aggie chuckled and looked to Sera,"She making friends?" she cooed quietly and tucked the package in her elbow.

Looking up to the sky she inhaled sharply,"Oh what time did we need to get back?" a brief moment of panic set in and she swept her bag close to her side and looked at the list,"We still need some clothes as well. Auggh.. think we can do that tomorrow maybe or get the bulk of it tonight? Sizes? Dammit we didn't ask for sizes." rubbing her face she exhaled, blowing a raspberry and sending a strand of hair away from her face.

L1d1ja L1d1ja

0F3YkCXm.jpg

Azriael
Azriael stayed at her perch on the back of Svetlana's neck, remaining fairly still throughout the arrival of the new people and their conversation. It was probably a good thing that her feline face was tucked away, as even the most unperceptive person would have noticed a certain self satisfied air. It felt good to maneuver and plot again. She knew now a bit about this group's plans, and knew with some certainty that they were not as cautious as they could be. She was close enough to their most powerful magic wielder to cripple their ability to use magic, and if she was in a mood to cause trouble she could likely manage some. She wasn't, which was probably for the best. For the first time in a while she was feeling inclined towards going into something honestly. This form had amused her for a time, but she needed something new to do.

Whatever their issues in judgement and perhaps being overly trusting, they were an interesting bunch. Elves, two clearly related dragon blessed, likely a member of the royal line if they were seeking the crown, and humans with odd eldritch notes. Plus that was just the currently present members, and from the scent traces she had picked up on Svetlana there were at least a couple more interesting species. Whether betrayal was out of the question remained to be seen, but for the moment she might as well operate on good faith. When she spoke there was a bit of honest amusement in her voice, "Wake me up if there are any particularly esoteric languages that need deciphering. Otherwise I think i will stay true to the stereotype of this form and sleep." With that she closed her eyes, and seemed to sleep.

Addressed, more or less: Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa OlKaJa77 OlKaJa77 L1d1ja L1d1ja Rydellius Rydellius Pretty sure I tagged everyone currently present in the library scene.

"I'm rather sure that we will have time to come back here. After all, it's not like we are leaving right tomorrow morning." Kacel'la shrugged and chuckled at how Aggie was acting. "Don't worry about it."
She then thought for a second about the walk back to the remainder of the group before the elf grinned. "If we are heading back: how would you like to see what it's like to cross this city by teleportation?"

Vys Vys

Thinking for a moment she nodded,"Yea you're right. " she breathed, moving some hair from her face with a smile,"Yea best we get most of the bulk food just before we go. For freshness reasons." taking a few steps she stopped and looked up to her, eyes wide,"Teleportation?" she questioned, holding the items close to her chest,"Is it...safe for me? I never did it before!"

Excitement bubbled up in her chest as she looked down at her chest,"It sounds fun. Y-yea that be cool!" she bounced slightly and grinned up at Kacel'la.

L1d1ja L1d1ja

"Don't worry. I have long stopped abandoning half the person behind when I make the jump." Kacel'la chuckled, but soon realized that that joke might not have been the best to say. "That was a lie. There's no chance you'll come to harm, at least if you don't try to walk forward between jumps. We might be landing on some narrow ledges. So, ya still want to go teleport around?" She asked one last time because she really didn't want to just suddenly blink somewhere with Aggie and lose a friend by scaring her.

Vys Vys

Mid laugh her face dropped a little and her eyebrows furrowed at the little joke of 'half a person', right away rubbing her middle and pulling a lip up in a slight cringe,"No no I trust you to get me there in one piece!" she smiled and took a step closer, looping her arm with Kacel'la's."And if you do end up splitting me in half I would haunt you." she said almost darkly and chuckled.

"SO how does it work?!"

L1d1ja L1d1ja

"Well it's quite simple. You just hold on and try not to move." Kacel'la explained. She quickly held on to Aggie's arm and let her magic carry them through the path of jumps she had already established.
The elf felt almost weightless as she appeared and dissapeared with Aggie in different places, the scenery flashing around them barely long enough to be seen. An alley, the city wiew from a rooftop, a small square, a few othere glimpses ofor Tarfella... and soon the same hall that led into the library the rest of the group were at.
Kacel’la smiled as she let go of Aggie's arm and stepped back before stumbling a little and having to lean against a wall.
"Damn I forgot just how draining it is to transport other people." She sighed rubbing at her forehead, already anticipating the annoying headache that would set in with magical drain.

Vys Vys

Looking up at Kacel'la as she spoke and held onto her arm, she went to speak but a rush of air flushed around her. Wideneing her eyes with surprise, her body tensed up at the sudden movement and flashes of views coming across her vision.

Stumbling with slight momentum as they stopped in the hall, Aggie didn't speak, but just looked pale. Slowly kneeling down she groaned, placed down her parcels and rocked back and forth a little,"Ohhhh I didn't like that. Nuhmmmn."
Her stomach was in a bind, like when going down the first hill on a rollercoaster kind of bind.
A small pitterpatter of claws came from the hallway as Pippa made his short little self over to Aggie and sniffed at her hair./ You smell like the whole city and like youre going to vomit./

/Yes if you dont move I will vomit on you../ she groaned back to him.
Pippa simply yawned and looked up at Kacel'la, eyeing little Sera with the need to chase.

L1d1ja L1d1ja

"Sorry if that was uncomfortable." Kacel'la apologized when she saw just how pale Aggie had gotten. The elf herself rarely experienced nausea from any kind of movement, having grown up doing flips and loops in the air at break-neck speed kind of called for a stomach of steel and her travels took care of accustoming her to even weirder situations, so maybe she should have thought more than a few seconds whether such rapid teleportation would be comfortable or no to someone else.
Sera, meanwhile, chirruped and chattered loudly as if asking to be teleported around again. The little wyvern jumped around excitedly before failing to see where it was going and landing right on Pippa. The squeak of absolute indignation the wyvern let out made Kacy laugh, headache forgotten for a moment.

Vys Vys

Last edited:
Aggie smiled and ran a hand through her hair, looking up at her friend and chuckling,"No no it's alright. This will pass. A good drink would be nice. Ooooo maybe Ill try some wine tonight; I only ever had cheap mead." slowly standing up she gathered the things and exhaled,"Well," she exhaled while looking towards the library,"Lets hope this is good for now because I want to get a head start on prepping for the ball; this hair can be a terror getting to hold a curl." she, slowly but surely, made her way into the library where Sveltena and some others that were milling around.
Placing down the items and the list she sat down and held her head a little bit as a wave of nausea hit her,"Mmmm."

Pippa on the other hand was geeking out. Hopping in a little circle and barking, he was yelling at Aggie / GET IT OFF ME! SNAKE SNAKE SNAKE ! /

/You are a being of mass power and your'e scared of little Sera. Isn't that quite a sight./

/Quiet you are sick from hopping around too quick you aren't the one to talk./

Aggie raised her head and glared down the hallway before looking to Svelenta, their conversation ringing in her head for a brief moment. A small wave of relief fell over her as Pippa ran off, shaking off the little wyvern to go find someone to bother; maybe Bo.

L1d1ja L1d1ja Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

Sera was ready to chase after Pippa, but stopped when Kacel’la called her back.
"Sera, don't annoy the fluffy ball of dark energy." The elf grumbled as she walked into the library.
"So how's the search going?" Kacy asked, the question aimed at no one on particular.

(@ whoever is there)

aggitha edelweiss
divider__6__by_ladymidnightsolace-da3ygsj.png

aggie_icon__by_stargrenade-dbdwx5y.png

( just making a post so I have my pretty text stuff now ayee )

Aggie held her head and looked up slightly, taking note of all that were all in the library. One in particular took her attention; a cat perched up on the old mage's shoulders and it seemed to be...talking to her?

Pippa had ran in full speed into the library in attempts to get away from the squealing wyvern, Skidding to a stop, his nose flared up as he sniffed, his eyes flicking up to the cat up on the hag's shoulders. He disliked Svelenta, and the cat was no different. They both smelled of magic and it made his hackles rise with irritation. It wasn't long before Aggie prodded him with a toe and he turned, snarling a little / Don't touch me. / he nipped at her heels and proceeded to run out of the room. / I want to find Bo; I crave good attention and scratches. /
Sniffing the air a few times he bolted headlong towards the woods in which Bo and the man that Aggie got flustered over went. Barking to announce his arrival, Pippa drove headlong into Bo's legs and he begged for 'upsies'.
Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa soundofmind soundofmind
divider__6__by_ladymidnightsolace-da3ygsj.png

After they'd found the flower that Svetlana needed to medicate Yaroslav, they'd headed back into the city, passing through the gates, and the markets on the way back to their host home. As they were heading in back through the city gates, Bo heard the insistent barks of the little dog running up to them. For a moment, he looked down at the dog with a deadpan expression, shaking his head. But as he passed Pippa he quickly scooped Pippa up into his arms and began patting his belly, and continued to hold and pet the little dog until they reached the library where everyone else seemed to be gathered.

Before entering, Bo gave Ashlar a little nudge in the shoulder. "I'll take the flower to Svetlana." He said with a small nod, freeing one hand by cradling Pippa under one arm. As he took the flower, he eyed Ashlar's little bouquet of flowers that he'd collected for Aggie. "And hey - Good luck." He said with a small smile and a little wink before entering the library.

Turned out, much of their group was already there, even including the injured Yaroslav. His eyes searched the room to look for Svetlana, who was, naturally, talking to people. He would wait 'til he caught her gaze for a moment and lift the white mossy flowers to her attention, just so she knew they found them successfully. In the meantime though, he took a seat across from Yaroslav and set Pippa in his lap, one-handedly scratching behind the dog's ears. He picked up a book sitting on the table and began to flip through it, skimming through the words and stopping on pictures.

Vys Vys Lo Alyssa Lo Alyssa

Last edited:
Oceana grumbled quietly, currently immersed in a volume titled Mundane Techniques to Dispell Dark Hexes.
She didn't look up as she flipped another page.
"I sincerely doubt any of this-" the elf raised then dropped the tome,
"-will really help us in the face of Kavacht and his demon army but it's interesting."
L1d1ja L1d1ja
Galiana meanwhile sighed and put down her book and picked another from the stack.
Her auburn fringe fluttered as she shook her head.
She settled into her seat but shifted side to side after a moment. Then shifted again.
It was obvious the young squire was getting restless and she glanced at Oceana.
But the huntress sat calmly entrenched in her reading. Her bare toes were idly curling into the lush red carpet that spanned the floor of the library.
"You donnae have to stick around here if you're bored. I'm sure you have better things to do." The highland lilt muttered quietly.
A crinkling of paper. Green eyes looked up at the elf uncertainly.
The huntress still chased the letters across the pages with her gaze, face thoughtfully blank.
"Just go." Came the soft reprisal. "It's alright."
Galiana nodded and stood. With a hurried bow she left, presumably to prepare for the gala.
Oceana went back to reading but stopped a moment later.
"I wonder where that thief is anyway. I worry about that boy..." she mumbled, unaware that others could possibly hear.
@ anyone

Last edited:
Kacel'la chuckled. "Yes, I don't think we will get much help from-" she picked up a random book and opened it at a random page. "- 10 recipes involving cave bugs?"
The elf looked more closely at the page. "This shit is nasty, I'd rather starve."

Garrett was reading quietly, but that did not mean that he wasn't listening, so he did catch what Oceana had mumbled under her breath.
"Do not worry, Hjalmar and Dorian should be heading back around now." He told the huntress.
It was obvious when he actually quietly asked his familiar what he was doing. Garrett's expression went from neutral to confused, to amused to just softly smiling.
"Someone should tone down that sass." He mumbled to himself before going back to reading, picking out a new book.

Kacel’la had been standing silently, examining the boom she had picked up, but her mind was mulling over about something she wanted to say, unsure about how to go about it.
"Hey Oceana? I'm sorry about provoking you before in the sitting room. I am in no position to tell anyone what to believe, no matter if our beliefs have the same origin. We're fine, right?" She finally asked quietly. Kacel’la wasn't really one to directly apologise, most often showing her benevolence to other through other means, most often actions and gifts. However she knew that lately she and Oceana had been a little antagonistic with each other, so those usual means wouldn't much work. And after all, most people also wouldn't understand what exactly it meant when a dragon gave away something from their own hoard, not that anyone even knew that Kacy wasn't completely elven, which she was both glad and sad about, so normal spoken apology it was.

OlKaJa77 OlKaJa77

Last edited:
Oceana snorted at Garrett, the mage's concentration obviously elsewhere. A rather sassy, sly and shapeshifter-y elsewhere.
Even as she read, the huntress spared some snarky thoughts about the thieves in their caravan, eyes never leaving the page.
A moment passed.
However, the elf's head turned at Kacel'la's unexpected apology.
"Oh that? It's fine enough. I've had worse said to me anyway." She said nonchalantly. And went back to reading.
" Donnae worry. I wonnae kick you in a ditch or anything."
She turned a page.
"That I even could." The raven-haired elf mumbled to herself, smirking self-deprecatingly, shaking her head.
She said no more.
One could suppose it was a very Oceana-like reassurance.
L1d1ja L1d1ja

Users who are viewing this thread

Back