Take Back the Crown

The princess glanced over to the approaching man on horseback and gave a weak grin when he stated he was here to help.

"How lovely." She stated. "It is a pleasure to meet you. As you can see, this whole crowd here is here to help. Another person to help fight, isa better chance we will reclaim Algoran. Welcome." She shook his hand.

Svetlana laughed, 'Well, they are rather rare.' She said with her mind again, "But then again, maybe not so rare." She muttered out loud eyeing the approaching stranger. His aura had dragon written all over it, being someone tied with them herself. She smiled, he may not be dragonblessed as she, but he had dragon blood flowing through his veins in one way or another. She already liked the fellow, though she would introduce herself later as he was busy with the princess. She was glad he would be joining their company.

She turned to see the cat next to her, her fur shifting into something course and brittle. She stroked her back, feeling the hardened metal under her fingers. "What a peculiar lass, you are." She said with amazement, "Truly astonishing indeed."

Though she tried to banter and seem light hearted, she could not shake the feeling in her bones. Something was going to happen soon, the fact it remained unknown is what scared her. It was not the arrival of this new stranger, nor the impending journey ahead. It was something else.

She would consult Princess Lucasta about her worries, but she seemed occupied at the moment. She supposed all she could do was remain vigilant and on guard. She hoped the other keen magic users would sense her worry as well, perhaps they also felt something was off...

Svetlana pondered for a moment, and remembered the princess had a younger brother, the prince. Little Lucas. Being the youngest of their group, Svetlana's concern for his safety arose with this feeling in her heart.

She glanced around, eventually her eyes settled on the strong headed child, as well as the timid girl named Ayda who was keeping him company. "Psst." She whispered to them, "Would you two like to join me on the wagon? I've got plenty of room for you to sit." She looked around and addressed the prince specifically, "And, I actually have something for you, my dear Prince."

@L1d1ja @Abberakelaran @soundofmind @QueenSaiko @A Simple Egg

The cat relaxed and shook its fur back into it's normal state. Then it followed the woman's attention to the child and the woman walking beside him. It twitched it's tail and then hopped up on Svetlana's shoulder, wrapping around the back of her neck and closing it's eyes. @Lo Alyssa

Thora slowly reached her hand out and grabbed the reigns from the large man. She had figured, beyond all doubt, that she would be trailing behind on foot. She held the horse's face against hers and whispered the horse's name so quietly that it was practically silent. She then turned her attention to Yaroslav and nodded, thanking him without words. She noted his kindness, storing it away for later use; For she had learned her lesson to not only avoid strangers who belittled her kind, but to also repay any debt to those who showed her kindness.

@Lo Alyssa

"Thanks," Bo shook back, flashing a pleasant grin as he shook the princess's hand. Her hands are so small, but then again, my hands are also very large... aaaand end shake. "It's great to meet you as well..." he looked around at the others, noting that they all were getting ready to leave. They were also all very different, which meant he'd fit right in. Hopefully. "Well, uh, I guess I'll get out of your hair until we set off, then! Unless you need any help getting things ready or something." He did say he was there to help, so heck, why wait?

@Queen of Fantasy

Last edited by a moderator:
Ferrix followed them out, he'd hoped his fire could be of help in this journey. He saw that everyone was interacting with anyone but he had never been much of a talker. The man preferred to be quiet while following the group.

Dorian watched everyones interactions, making notes on how they behaved and spoke, an old habbit from when the almost ran a city's criminal underworld. He kinda still did, from a distance, but old habits die hard. What unsettled him was the newest arrival, one who had dragon written all over him. After he noticed the cat's reaction, he decided that it would be better to return to his mage, just in case the warning was sound. He hopped off his current perch and flew to Garretts shoulder, feeling amused at the way he startled the mage.

"What do you say? Want to ride in the wagon?" Ayda asked Lucas, patting his head affectionately. She usually tried her best to avoid human contact for as long as she could, which normally ended up with her siblings dragging her out of her room (literally) and forcing her to go on days out with them. But this small prince was just so adorable and innocent looking she really couldn't help herself from being near him. They were so innocent and amusing to be around, and plus adults just made her nervous.

"If the Young Prince here doesn't mind, I would love to ride with you." Ayda said quietly, not having quite gathered up the courage to be herself near this kindly old lady.

@A Simple Egg @Lo Alyssa

Yaroslav rubbed the back of his neck and awkwardly walked away from the nymph, a grunt escaped his lips as he cleared his throat. He turned to see Svetlana making friends, as that was her expertise, and he hustled up onto the wagon behind hers. He assumed no one would want to sit next to him, as people were usually intimidated by his bulky bearing and gruff nature. He leaned back and closed his eyes, passing the time by resting while the others were still preparing themselves.

Jayshen said:
Ferrix followed them out, he'd hoped his fire could be of help in this journey. He saw that everyone was interacting with anyone but he had never been much of a talker. The man preferred to be quiet while following the group.
Lucasta noticed out of the corner of her eye a man that she didn't see before. She approached him and smiled. "Hello." She greeted. "Will you be joining us for our journey, then?" She asked.

Nameen quietly observed everyone while they made their preparations. Many of them, it was quite clear, were gifted with magic of some type or another. There was a lot of power in this gathered group, and caused thoughts to fly through Nameen's head.

This journey would most definitely bring the group to places all across the land. With this quest and its gifted partakers, would this be her chance at reviving her Eye? She still wasn't entirely sure if it was possible, or if it would be best if she left the Hypnotic Eye alone.

Still, Nameen had been a wanderer for a long time, and had firsthand seen the suffering that the demon lord's rule had brought. If anything, that was a motive to follow the gathered group.

She silently decided to follow, though still hanging back. No matter what the circumstances, Nameen always felt more comfortable in the background.

I wonder where the royal blood @Queen of Fantasy and her companions are headed? the Stone Imp thought. The old woman @Lo Alyssa and her grandchild certainly have a plethora of supplies. They are undoubtedly going on a long and difficult journey... *sigh* It sure is lonely in the wagon by myself. Perhaps I should shed off this lifeless facade and let them know I am here. Why should I live the rest of my life as a motionless sculpture...

...NO! Pull yourself together Pip! I am merely an observer. Do not become involved in the affairs of the living. It is not my place to do so. Survey their actions and store it in your mind until The End of Days. That is my mission while on this earth. I must not let them know that I am in fact a living being. Remain an inanimate object Pip!

The sculpture carried on with his immobile state while he huddled in the back of the horse drawn carriage.

Ferrix looked at Lucasta. "Yes, I will. I apologise for not greeting you firsthand, your highness. My name is Ferrix and I'm a fire mage."

Well, the first person to notice him just happens to be the princess. The man hoped he didn't appear awkward or something worse than that. Being regarded negatively by someone you are travelling with just seemed counterproductive for Ferrix.

Oh. Uh. Bo had to recollect himself for a moment as Lucasta redirected the conversation to the guy behind them. He guessed he could take the dismissal of his question and the sudden change of subject as an answer: that they didn't really need help prepping. Ok. That was fine, totally cool. He just wanted to be sure that it was all good - well, that, and he was trying to make a good impression.

Although now he wasn't quite so sure how to proceed. Should he hang around to be a part of the conversation or should he inch away and pray he would slowly disappear in the rain sludge? He figured the more socially acceptable thing to do would be to hang around, and just wait until he was addressed again. Listening in on the conversation and learning more about this dude - Ferrix, as he now learned - would do no harm. Of course, now though, he was very tempted to ask more about fire mage-ery, but he kept quiet. Instead, he just gave one of those pursed lip smiles and a small salute-like wave.

Lucas scrunched up his nose and pouted as his head was pet and restrained himself from waving the lady's hand away. His was double digits now, he was old. But his interest had been peaked by the older lady's offer.

"Mm...ok." He said, shrugging and clambering up and into the wagon and next to the old lady. He leaned over to her and peared at anything she may have to give him.

"Come on," he called to Ayda. "If you don't hurry, you'll get left behind. Not really though, I'll wait for you." He added the last bit hurriedly in case he had scared her with the prospect.

@QueenSaiko @Lo Alyssa

"Don't worry about me." Ayda said, waking quickly towards the wagon and stepping in, taking a seat next to Lucas considering he was the only one that hadn't gave her weird danger signals.

"Thank you for waiting, Miss, Prince Lucas." Ayda said politely, before sighing.

"This will be a long journey, no doubt. But it'll be worth it, I'm certain."

@A Simple Egg @Lo Alyssa

"Alright, now please understand, Prince..." Svetlana said with a smile, rustling through one of the bags in the wagon, "Your dear sister would most likely not approve of me giving you this, so it's our little secret, okay?"

She reached a little further, and finally felt her hand touch a small leather pouch, "Ah! Here it is!" She said with a grunt and yanked it out of the satchel. It was a red dyed pouch with a small gold insignia dangling from the string which sealed the opening, the symbol was a trademark for her merchandise. She pushed it open and pulled out a small smooth stone, it looked and even glowed much like an ember from a fire. She put it in Lucas' hand. "This is a runestone." She said with excitement, "I've made many different kinds over the years, but spark stones remain my absolute favorite. All you have to do is cast them to the ground or at an object, and as soon as it cracks open, they'll make a small and colorful explosion, like fireworks!" She handed him the whole bag. "Your sister would probably think these are too dangerous for you to have, but everyone needs some sort of weapon to defend themselves. I won't sugar coat it dear, this will be a long and dangerous journey. You'll need to have a weapon on a quest such as this. Besides, you look like you can handle yourself fairly well in a fight." She said, playfully punching his shoulder having took notice that he hated loving affection. "Now here's a tip. Your enemies will underestimate you because of your age and size. Don't think this is a bad thing, it's actually good! It gives you the upperhand in a fight. So when they come up close, thinking you'll do no harm, throw it right at their ugly faces! That would both blind them and maybe even knock them unconscious!"

@A Simple Egg

Lucasta smiled and nodded. "Pleasure to meet you. I am very pleased that you are coming with us. The more the merrier!" She replied. She turned her head to glance at the rest of the groups, conversing with each other, seeing the vastness of the magic and people there. "It's... Quite the group we've got, isn't it?" She asked, trying to start a conversation.

@A Simple Egg[/URL]
[/CENTER]
Pip shivered in anxiety as the old woman took a bag from her wagon. If she had reached out her shriveled hand a few inches deeper the stone imp would have been grabbed himself. Watching Svetlana give the ten year old the magic runestone, a small dimple appeared on the statue's rigid face.

What a wonderful gift, the joyful imp thought to himself. The young royal blood @A Simple Egg will have some fun with that! Hopefully not too much fun... Hehe! It may be more of an offensive weapon but it is a weapon nonetheless.

Who is the elder? A sorceress of some sort, from my guess. Shes looks about 70ish... But is she really? I have a feeling that she is much older than that. Hmm... So when will this group leave? I am very interested to know the places their mission will take them to!

Not wanting to be rude, Ferrix opened his mouth to respond. "Yes, it is. There's probably going to be more too, yes?"

He wasn't much of a talker but having idle chat with someone wasn't too bad occasionally. Plus, it was indeed quite the group he was seeing. He saw more unique people today than he did from years of travelling. It could probably because he normally didn't focus much on people that he didn't see a lot of people.

'Do you know when we are leaving?' Dorian asked Garret.

'No clue, hopefully soon. Standing here is getting boring.' The mage answered, the annoyance in his mid-voice the complete opposite of the friendly and happy smile he was showing.

'Feathers are getting boring. Why couldn't I have followed you as a wildcat?' The familiar complained, fluffing his feathers and, though he wouldn't admit it, hitting one of his wings quite purposefully against Garretts head.

'Because a wildcat one could most likely ride to battle on is rather noticeable and unnatural, isn't it?' The mage rolled his eyes.

Lucas gazed at the small gift in wonder. He listened to what the old woman said and took the playful punch with a giggle.

"Ok," he said then, realizing he had wispered it he cleared his throat and tried again. "Ok, thank you miss. It's just between us, I promise," he held out his pinkie finger for a pinkie promise, the most serious of all oaths.

He was now very exited to use the small weapon of sorts. It would be nice to finally have something other than Stick, which he carried in his tucker bag. He couldn't wait till they were attacked so he could use it.

@Lo Alyssa

Svetlana took his pinkie in hers and shook it, giving him a sneaky wink. She looked around at the group, noticing that almost everyone was ready. "Yaro!" She called behind her at her grandson. He flopped off the wagon and stomped over with those heavy feet of his. She leaned in closer to him, "I want you to take the Clydesdale and stick close to the princess." She whispered, "I can't shake it, I have this feeling that something bad is going to happen..."

Yaro nodded and trotted to the back where the extra horses were held. He mounted the Clyesdale, Claire, rubbing her neck. "If anyone needs a horse, this Thoroughbred is still available!" He gruffly yelled for everyone to hear, "Somone needs to coach my wagon for me, as I will be riding in the front."

He cantered towards Lucasta's side, "It's time for us to get a move on, we're losing daylight. Enough lollygaggin'."

Lucasta nodded in agreement with the fire mage, but turned her head as Yaroslov made his way over on horseback. "Alright." She took the reins of her white stallion and hopped on. She rode over to the wagons, and waited for everyone to mount and rejoin them to set off.

Sharp, elven eyes peered at the group as it set off. Shifting the pack on her shoulders, Oceana smiled and shadowed alongside them in the wood, giving an effort to make herself a bit more obvious. But not too much.

It was time.

She would be the silent, uncredited bulwark against the dangers of the forest. The group seemed strong enough but surprise attacks and cons can overwhelm almost any group. She would watch for attacks from the outside... And from the inside. Any one of them could be aiming to harm the princess... She would be ready. This is her sworn task. Protection from the wicked.

"And as long as I dinnae get too close, it should be fine..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back