Take Back the Crown

"Yes, this is quite the group of people. I'm guessing you're a magic user of some kind?" Nomko said quietly, rather taken aback by this strangers enthusiastic personality. This old woman mildly reminded her of her older sister, and gave Nomko a rather pleasant nostalgic feeling. Maybe she'd stick around this strange old woman, she seemed trustworthy.

"I am Nomko Kingsley. Pleasure to meet you."

@Lo Alyssa

@QueenSaiko[/URL]

(Hey guys!!! Let's try to give other people a chance to join, there's a lot to catch up on already! We should all give the others a chance, except for Princess Lucasta whom everyone is addressing.)
[/CENTER]
(OH NO IVE ALREADY MESSED UP BECAUSE I'M RLLY USED TO HAVING AN OC CALLED NOMKO IVE USED THE WRONG NAME YHIS ENTIRE TIME I SCREM

CAN YOU PLS PRETEND IVE CALLED HER AYDA THIS ENTIRE TIME)

"It isn't everyday that a group this large gathers in a place such as this." Nameen stated slowly. She cast side glances at the others. "I doubt anyone wouldn't be at least a little bit curious."

Nameen paused for a moment, second guessing herself. What was she doing? Normally, she went out of her way to avoid other people. She knew none of their names, and nothing about them. You can't trust them, her inner gut told her. Yet Nameen found herself going on.

"You have what seem like powerful individuals here," Nameen said. "What exactly is happening?"

@L1d1ja

Last edited by a moderator:
"I thought the rumors were almost everywhere. The princess is organizing a quest for the search for the scattered crown. I'm here to join in, if possible." Garrett tried to quickly explain "And I don't know any of these people too." He added, noticing her unease and trying to make her feel a little less out of place. He always tried his best to be friendly to other people.

'Makes it even easier if we ever have to stab them in the back.' Dorian noted in the mind link.

'Shut up. Not all people are traitors with their own agenda, you have trust issues.' Garrett retorted. "What's your name?" He asked the woman, ignoring the annoying mumbling in his head coming from the insulted familiar.

@Rydellius

Thora quietly walked up to the tavern. She usually only entered places like this if she was in dire need of a drink, but the current weather was quenching her thirst. She drew in her breath and pushed the door open, she wasn't looking forward to the claustrophobic crowds. But she had felt a pull to this tavern. She had heard whispers in the trees that something big was going to happen here and she felt compelled to check it out (she was headed this way anyhow).

As the door slowly opened, Thora peered her head in. It was quite crowded and so she relied on looks and pure instinct to identify the cause of her arrival here. It didn't take long. A crowd had gathered and chatted around a beautiful and wonderfully clad lady; it was easy to identify her as a royal. She approached quietly, for she had no formal invitation, and hoped that fate would smile down upon her lest she be attacked by an army of much larger people.

Throughout all of these greetings Lucas had been hiding under the serving counter near the owner of the inn's wife, where he had headed after his sister woke him. However, after a nudge from the wife's foot and a few semi friendly words about 'cheeky ragamuffins' he was prompted to make his way to his sisters side. There were a lot of people, and while Lucas generally wasn't a shy person, a lot of them had very formidable aura's and Lucas didn't have to be an incredible magical force to sense the energy.

He moved and stood near enough to his sister to hopefully be able to make an escape to her if any of the forces in the room didn't recognize him but far enough away so it wouldn't seem like he was clingy. He had caculated the distances using these exact reasons in his mind. He shifted uneasily, feeling very out of place with no one to talk to, especially since most people around him towered above him in both aura and physical size.

From high in a tree in the woods just on the edge of town, a pair of sharp cerulean eyes peered down at the tavern. It had been a place of interest as of late and many characteristic travelers passed through its doors. The leather clad elf in the branches narrowed her eyes at them as they passed: The Mage with the hawk.

The fiery lone traveler.

The old woman,and younger man, with the horse drawn carts.

All of these stuck out from the others, she knew, and so had to have come for the requests of aid the princess had sent.

Any one of them could be a con artist, some brigand looking to hand over the princess, simple robbers, or worse...

Or they could be true adventurers and kind samaritans.

Either way Oceana knew her next goal must be to help the princess, even if it would bring upon her her last breath. She sent a swift prayer to her gods for guidance and luck and clambered down to hunt for a proper peace offering for her new companions.

@A Simple Egg

"Hm?" Ayda had noticed a small figure dart into the room to stand near the Princess, and turned her head to look at the new stranger, and nearly uncharacteristically squealed when she did.

It as a child. And a cute one at that! Ayda may be stoic most of the time but she was an absolute sucker for kids! Mostly because they didn't make her as nervous as adults but also because they're all adorable and innocent. Most of the time.

Smiling apologetically at the person Ayda was talking to, she quickly but calmly went over to Lucas, only having to kneel down a little considering she was quite small herself, probably around 155cm tall. It had been a while since she had the time to measure herself.

"Hello little one. Are you the young prince?"

Lucasta cleared her throat and nervously smiled. She didn't except so many people to show up. It was a good thing, but for some odd reason she didn't feel anymore hopeful. She stood from her seat and got everyone's attention.

"Thank you all for coming." She spoke, with as much confidence she could muster. "I am the Princess Lucasta, of Algoran. I cannot express in words how thankful I am that all of you are here. We will begin our journey shortly, but first we must get our steeds and supplies. If you don't have a steed, and are in need of one, please speak to this kind lady, Svetlana. She brought eight horses along to aid us in our adventure." She stated as loud as she could. "I will not sugar coat it, but this journey will be hard. The demon lord will be at the castle waiting for us, and when we get there we must fight to reclaim Algoran. I hope you have prepared for the worst." She said shakily, being afraid herself of the future awaiting them. "Alright so... Erm..." She stuttered. "Let us move out of the tavern... Like I said before, please speak with Svetlana if you need a horse." She took Lucas' hand and gave him a small smile.

She let go of her brother's hand and went out the door first being overwhelmed with large carts full of supplies and heavy rain. She didn't expect so much. She quickly sprinted to the door.

Svetlana rose from her seat, stroking the raven on her shoulder. "You can stick with me until you're comfortable revealing yourself." She said sweetly, "The princess will need all the help she can get."

Yaroslav opened the door for his grandmother, and finally spoke with his gruff voice, "If any of you need horses, we have three extras. A Thoroughbred, Frisian, and a Clydesdale. The other four are pulling our wagons of supplies so they are not rideable, if you don't get a steed you can hitch a ride on the wagons, or if you've got the coin, you can buy a fine horse from the stables around the block." He turned to walk outside, quietly sighing in relief that the rain had finally stopped, and he began the process of setting up the wagons. They'd only be able to travel for a couple hours or so before they'd have to make camp, as it was already in the evening, the sun was quickly fading ahead, and the skies were turning colorful hues.

Svatlana took a seat at the wagon in the front. There was room for two at the head of each wagon, more people could fit inside if they had to, but it was quite cramped and wouldn't be a comfortable ride.

She leaned back and let out a sigh, her eyebrows furrowed together as a feeling rose in her heart. Yaroslav took notice of it, "What is the matter, Grandmother?" He asked concerned, stroking the horse he was tending. She looked to the skies, "I am not sure." She said, "I have a feeling about something, that is all."

"What kind of feeling?" He asked, taking a few steps closer to Svetlana and resting his hand on her knee. "The foreboding kind..." She started, "As if something is about to happen... stay vigilant, Yaro. We may be in for some trouble." Yaroslav grimaced, but nodded. His grandmother's feeling were usually right.

Dorian flew back down to Garretts shoulder and stayed there as the man walked out of the tavern. 'I think I'll wait around a little before showing them my normal form.' He stated as he flew off to perch on the edge of one of the wagons, near Svetlana and Yaroslav- he always felt better around magic-weilding people, just a part of him being a familiar.

Garrett did not respond, only walked off to fetch his own horse from the stables, returning soon after with the jet black stalion.

The raven hopped off of the woman's shoulder, and it landed on the wagon next to her. It's flesh quivered and boiled, while it's feathers thinned, and suddenly it was a small black cat with silvery purple eyes. It then hopped up and sat quietly behind the woman, on the wagon, looking around at the gathering group.

Thora silently followed the group outside. She adjusted the bow she had swung over her shoulder and stealthily approached the horses. She had been walking (or sneaking onto ships and carriages) for many months now and she was hoping that she could finally have real transportation. She gently ran her hands across the necks of the Clydesdale and pet his face. She couldn't take with animals, per-say, but there was a form of communication. This horse wasn't the one for her. She was drawn to the Friesian whom she almost instantly connected with. She was too bashful to ask for this horse, however, and backed away. She would let the rest of the group claim a horse before she would even think to ask about riding one. She hadn't even spoken to any of these people yet.

"Oooh," Svetlana said petting the black cat, "I like this form of yours too." She said with a smile, she liked all animals, but cats were one of her favorites. She turned her head up to see yet another shifter on her wagon, and she decided to give it a wink. She already knew she would, but she was beginning to like this large company of theirs.

@Abberakelaran @L1d1ja

Yaroslav left his grandmother, and took notice of the nymph eyeing the friesian. He walked over, his armor clinking with each step. He took the dark horse's reigns, and brought him over to the nymph. "His name is Bjorn." He said to her gruffly, feeling awkward as he had a hard time in social situations, "If you are with our company, you are welcome to ride him." He handed her the reigns with his armored fist.

@plasticlizard022

Dorian couldn't truly wink back in his hawk form, so instead he opted to let out a happy and friendly cooing sound, then settle down more comfortably on his perch. He fluffed his black and green feathers a little and eyes the cat suspiciously, hoping that it would not find it fun to jump him.

'I can sense that you are far older than you look, and I can see some sort of blessing woven into your aura, which is most likely the cause. What is it, if I may ask?' Dorian sent to Svetlana after finally deciding that talking to someone would relieve his boredom and curiosity.

@Lo Alyssa

'Oh, well this is interesting.' She returned the thought to the raven above her, 'It has been a long time since someone has spoken to me through my mind. I like that.' She said, 'You may ask, I do not mind. Yes, I am very old, I have lived years equal to the ages of three fit and healthy mortals, and maybe then some. But I received this blessing long before then when I was nearly 86.' She said, glancing up at the crow, 'It is an ancient dragon blessing, I had reached the full potential of my power and was able to make a pact with one before it withered away.'

@L1d1ja

'So you are a dragonblessed. Interesting, I thought they were only legend when one of my friends spoke about it.' Dorian noted. 'Thank you for the explanation.' He added, deciding to play polite. He then resumed looking around at when everyone else was doing, only to have something to do. 'Maybe I should go off and hunt?' He thought.

@Lo Alyssa

Oceana watched from the shadows of the wood as they all gathered near the wagons.

She watched the assortment of humans and fae. Her eyes flashed as she witnessed a raven shift into a cat.

'Shifters too, hm?'

She was a patient hunter. She would observe a bit more

[QUOTE="Queen of Fantasy]

Lucasta cleared her throat and nervously smiled. She didn't except so many people to show up. It was a good thing, but for some odd reason she didn't feel anymore hopeful. She stood from her seat and got everyone's attention.

"Thank you all for coming." She spoke, with as much confidence she could muster. "I am the Princess Lucasta, of Algoran. I cannot express in words how thankful I am that all of you are here. We will begin our journey shortly, but first we must get our steeds and supplies. If you don't have a steed, and are in need of one, please speak to this kind lady, Svetlana. She brought eight horses along to aid us in our adventure." She stated as loud as she could. "I will not sugar coat it, but this journey will be hard. The demon lord will be at the castle waiting for us, and when we get there we must fight to reclaim Algoran. I hope you have prepared for the worst." She said shakily, being afraid herself of the future awaiting them. "Alright so... Erm..." She stuttered. "Let us move out of the tavern... Like I said before, please speak with Svetlana if you need a horse." She took Lucas' hand and gave him a small smile.

She let go of her brother's hand and went out the door first being overwhelmed with large carts full of supplies and heavy rain. She didn't expect so much. She quickly sprinted to the door.

[/QUOTE]
Well, well, The Stone Imp thought to himself as he watched the group exiting the tavern. Recognizing Lucasta, the imp said, "The royal blood has finally decided to leave the village. Pity... She was one of the few villagers who was actually interesting. When she is gone, I will be bored. *Sigh* I have been on this tower for much to long. I need a new place to watch over."

Seeing the wagon of supplies, the Stone Imp made a decision. Leaping from his perch, the statue fell into the wagon.

It's high time that I had an adventure. These people will be very interesting to observe. I wonder who they all our?

The imp remained motionless among the supplies as he traveled with the group, unbeknownst that he was with them uninvited.

When the lady bent down towards him and asked who he was, Lucas gave his most winning smile. This lady wasn't as tall or as intimidating as some of the others.

"Yep," he said in reply to her question, popping the p, "and i'm not small, i'm almost as big as you."

He was pulled away from the nice lady, though, by his sister grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze. He blushed furiously, he wasn't a baby, and was relived when she let go. As the people began to file out towards and into the wagons he was again lost. He caught sight of the nice, not scary lady and walked along beside her, hoping to keep her in sight. He sidled into the carriage as her to, hoping somewhere in the back of his mind that he wasn't acting too childish and clingy.

Ayda smiled a small and soft smile, one that was reserved for children or her siblings, when Lucas walked beside her, purposely slowing down in case she would tire the small prince out.

"Would you like to hold my hand, young prince?" Ayda asked gently, knowing how sensitive boys that age were as she looked down at Lucas with her dark eyes.

@A Simple Egg

Lucas again blushed furiously.

"No, only babies hold hands. I'm 10 years old for your information, double digits. But...thanks anyway" he really didn't want to hurt her feelings and he knew he often upset his sister when he refused to hold her hand, but he didn't want to look like a child next to all these cool people.

@QueenSaiko

Nameen hesitated at the question. Revealing personal information was never an area she felt comfortable in, so she was thankful for the princesses interruption. At the comencement of her speech, the gathering slowly began to file towards the doors of the tavern. Nameen only watched for a moment, pondering.

Not sure what drove her forward, Nameen slowly began to shuffle along behind the group, though remaining a good several metres away.

Rain, rain, go away - wait, come back, you were actually nice sort of maybe. Cause ya know, I was just digging the idea of getting a cold. Ok, not really.

The sky being clearer was actually a good thing. It meant better visibility, no sky sweat washing away tracks, and the hope of a drier future. It also meant that it would smell really mucky for the rest of the day. Still though, he did rather like the rain, even if it was bothersome, inconveniencing, and cold. He really ought to come up with a logical reason why, though, since he wasn't doing a great job of building up his case for the pleasantries of the current weather.

Why am I concerned with the weather? With a bit of retrospection, he realized that he was getting completely caught up in unproductive thought about the weather instead of considering his current situation. The clarity brought by a fortunate and momentary change of the clouds revealed that the sun was at a much different spot in the sky than he'd thought - meaning, that the day was getting late, and that he himself, was probably late.

He pulled back the reins of his horse for a moment as he looked down the road. He was unsure if going to meet the princess to help her was something still worth pursuing. Of course he had beef with the demon overlord, and this would be a heck of a chance to help do something right, but... eh? How worth it was it? If he was late, would he have missed them? But the longer he stood thinking, the more he felt an inner urging to just go for it. If he found them, he found them. If he didn't... well, there were other things to do with his time.

He kicked his heel lightly into his horse's side and clucked his tongue. I really hope I make it. It wasn't like there was any set time, was there? He'd received no formal invitation! Although it would've been helpful to ask questions...

Thank goodness he wasn't as far off as he thought! He let out a sigh of relief as he caught glimpse of the tavern, and a pretty big group of people just heading out out front. He searched the crowd with his eyes and spotted what looked to be the white-haired princess! Smiling at his luck, he slowed to a stop and hopped off his horse, approaching her. He flipped down his hood, hoping to look less imposing for the greeting, since he was aware of his towering size.

"You're the princess I presume? Apologies for my late arrival. I'm here to offer my services, and accompany you on your journey."

It was a good thing that he'd rehearsed that, because that came out pretty well. He was pretty impressed with himself!

(
@Queen of Fantasy , I hope this is ok. Sorry he's late to the party everyone.)

The cat saw the newcomer arriving. They smelled like perfume, albeit with an odd fel taint, and looked like a mercenary. The cat moved to get a better view and bristled slightly suddenly looking bigger. If someone was looking closely at the cat's fur they would also see that it was no longer fur, and had the slight sheen of metal. It stared at the latest arrival with it's odd eyes. @soundofmind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back