• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Takahashi High school Soccer Club [A Sport Anime Roleplay]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Sopranos

The Sop

Phoenix%20Icon-Red.png
Takahashi Phoenix from Takahashi high school was once a top football team in the Osaka region. They have a rich, glorious history with 3 times regional champion and once time runner-up of the AJHSST - All Japan High School Soccer Tournament. Once they were nightmare for every other teams in Japan.

Collaboration.600.639024.jpg

But history is just history. After their so called "golden era" and "the golden generation" graduated, they started to fall from their glory day. From years to years, they failed to come back to the glory day and kept struggling. Until now, its been almost 10 years ever since their golden age and the team now is no way near the team they were 10 years ago. They're just a small club, with clubs members either left or graduated, leaving them with barely enough members to maintain the club. With the new semester coming up, the football club now opens for recruit again, looking for the new wave of members that will help rebuild the club to its former glory.

---------

OOC Discord Group

1xfHl5P.png

Ryuuji Ynagi
Place: The football club - the pitch
Time: Morning
Tag: Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi Lazy Taco Lazy Taco
It is another morning and Ryuu is just ready for training. He didn’t sleep too well last night, but for him anything could be shaken off with a just a few hours on the pitch, running with the ball. He’s expecting someone, the kid, a first year student that known as Maru Yoshimata, who gave his word to join the club yesterday. The search quickly come to an end as Maru was here before, already had the training uniform and shoes on. Ryuu smirks as he makes his way toward Maru:

“- Is the boots fit you, kid ?”

It was Ryuu who told where to get his shirt and boots. He also told the kid to get to the club early, though he didn’t expect Maru to get here earlier than him. While Maru is already here waiting, on the other end of the field, there are others who arrived early for training as well. One of them is Jun Yamaguchi, one of the ace of the team last season and a closed friend of Ryuuji. Jun, who is with the ball in foot and a few training cones, is on a dribbling drill.

“- When did you come, Yamaguchi-san ?”

Approached his teammate, Ryuuji asked.

Last edited:
download (10).jpeg
Maru Yoshimata
Place: Football Field
Tags: Sopranos Sopranos Lazy Taco Lazy Taco
For Maru this new school meant a new beginning in his life, at his middle school he was king everyone bowed to him and feared him. No one dared to cross Maru when he was told by parents they'd be moving and he'd be going to a new highschool Maru was excited to take over a whole new school. Only his venture was cut short after getting into a fight with some second-years their fight caught the attention of the captain of the football team. A lot happened and Maru was told to join the Football Club. Maru found the uniform to actually be kinda comfortable the shoes on the other hand were a different story sure they fit, but they just felt weird compared to normal shoes. Maru looked up hearing a voice seeing the very reason he was here, Ryuuji Yanagi, without realizing it Maru brought a hand up to his cheek. When they first met Ryuuji had decked Maru just as angry with him for fighting near the Football Club room. Maru had to admit the punch actually hurt he considered trying to fight Ryuuji but figured he'd cross that bridge when he got to it. "Yea they fit fine." He kicked his foot to show they were on right.

Maru looked over at the other who was here, Maru made sure to get here early since he was a man of his word. His plan was to get here before anyone else yet when he arrived that guy was already here. Maru had been watching him practice for a bit he seemed good which caused Maru to point something out. "Oi senpai just so you know I've never really played soccer before." Maru said following after the third year sure he played a few times in middle school but never on a team, and of course he watched it every now and again with his dad but they weren't fans or anything. Not being a huge fan of football Maru didn't know the first rule among any football fans, you do not call it soccer.

1xfHl5P.png

Ryuuji Yanagi
Tag: Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi

"Oi senpai just so you know I've never really played soccer before."

"- I know, I only expect you to know some of the rules before you get here. Don't worry there won't be too much work today. But lets get started, shall we ?"

The captain of the team know about this well enough. The kid has potential and instinct, but not a well-trained athletic, not by a long shot. Therefore today's gonna be about the basic for him. Ryuu leads Maru into one the corner of the field, where there aren't anyone practicing. He drops the ball he has been holding to the ground.

"- Look."

Ryuu takes a few step backs from the ball before slowly approach it, step by step. He soon strikes the ball from beneath with the lace of his right boot, sending the ball far and wide away. The ball's sent fly across the pitch, spinning and lands at the diagonal corner of the pitch.

PitifulThankfulArgentinehornedfrog-size_restricted.gif

"- Oh boy, thats one hell of a ball." - Ryuuji looks at how he sent that ball flying with pride before turning to his underclassmen - "- Oh sorry, I was carried away, here is your job, go bring me that ball back here. And you can only use your feet."

That's what Ryuu wants for a fresh face to the team. There are, as the matter of fact, a lots of basic things that someone like Maru has to learn. He has to know what its like to be on the field chasing after the ball, and to be comfortable moving around with the ball in your feet. And while doing all of that, he would also have to learn to adjudge his breath, conserve his stamina for a long period of time. There are no exact method of learning these basic things by letting your body get used to it.

"- Go, fetch me the ball, we don't have all day Yoshimata-kun."

Last edited:
5ca3b0e1a00fe013f7738a43121b73f5.jpg
Jun Yamaguchi

Interaction: Sopranos Sopranos Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi
Jun Yamaguchi was someone who always liked to wake up early and start his morning routine of running to school before the football club met, usually running 20 minutes to arrive there, but today he had decided to forgo that and have his father drive him there so that he could practice some more before the others decided to arrive. Today he had decided to practice on his dribbling skill. As he had continue to practice, he had also paid close attention to the other person who arrived a few minutes after he came, showing that the guy was new to the soccer team. The new guy didnt seem that skillful but at least he had potential, but as time went on, Jun wanted to see how far that potential would go.

Jun would decide to ignore the new guy since he wanted to continue his practice. He had wanted to practice on his passing skill but considering that he wasnt much of a talker to new people, he just went on to continue what he was currently doing. After a few more minutes, Ryuuji Yanagi would arrive, making Jun stop what he was doing as Yanagi spoke with the new guy before heading his way. "Good Morning Yanagi- san." He greeted him before continuing what he was doing, before switching and heading to the goal post, deciding to work on his free kicks.

download (10).jpeg
Maru Yoshimata
Tags: Sopranos Sopranos
Maru followed Ryuuji over to the corner of the field letting out a little whistle as he watched the ball soar a good bit before finally landing back on the ground. Ryuuji then looked back to Maru and told him to go get the ball. Maru sighed it wasn't surprising that he was being given stupid task like this it was how most clubs treated first years. The fact he had to only use his feet was probably to make it seem like he was actually doing something. "Yeah yeah I'll get your damn ball." Maru jogged over to the ball looking up he saw he was actually a bit away. Maru then began kicking the ball back towards the senpai he felt like he was making decent progress until he kicked it a bit too hard and the ball rolled ahead of him. Maru quickly sped up to catch up causing him to accidentally kick the ball to the left chasing it again he got ahead of the ball to stop it. Turning he began to head back to the captain being more careful not to kick too hard yet now Maru had a new problem doing this. He was moving incredibly slow in fact Maru was making next to no progress at the speed he was going. He kicked the ball a bit harder but ran into the same problem as before where he would lose control of the ball. "This damn ball won't do as I want it to!" Maru reeled his foot back to send the ball flying but stopped himself. He suddenly had a thought he had been watching the other third year Jun practice moving the ball. The way he moved his feet was different Maru tried copying that movement kicking the soccer ball with the lace of his shoes. He felt like he was doing a bit better but he was still having a bit of trouble controlling his strength. Maru looked up to see how much progress he was making, only to see he wasn't even halfway there.

"N-no way, I already feel like I've been kicking this damn thing for an hour how big is this fucking field!" Maru looked back down at the ball and smirked, he reeled his foot back and kicked aiming towards Ryuuji the ball went sent flying not as far as Ryuuji had kicked it though. Maru didn't wanna lose the ball he quickly chased it and repeated the kick this time while moving. Finally Maru made it back to Ryuuji his foot placed on top of the ball. "Here's ya damn ball."

1xfHl5P.png

Ryuuji Yanagi
Tag: Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi

"- That's nice, Yoshimata-kun."

Seeing Maru made his way back with the ball is quite a joy. The young kid is clumsy on the ball and suffers on his way across the pitch as well. He seems to has learned a thing or two about the first trip he made. Quite a quick learner, thats good, because there are a lots to learn. Soon as Maru got the ball back to Ryuuji, the captain doesn't hesitate before launch the ball forward again.

D15e.gif

This time the ball goes even higher and lands right in front of the opposite goal.

"- Do it again. And this time if you leave the ball untouched for more than 5 seconds, you have to start over."

Ryuuji speaks clearly, he disallows the ability to play it long, forcing the young kid to control the ball on his feet for the whole trip. If he touch it with too much power, it will travel too far and the underclassman will fail to get another touch in time.

Jason 'The Postman' Riviera
Club Pitch

Jason was quite excited to meet his class/teammates. Seeing as this was barely his third day in the country, Jason seemed quite good at Japanese, almost fluent. He was happy that the weather had been good here so far, a departure from England, for sure. After practically jumping out of the car, Jason ran towards the pitch, guided mainly by a map of the school.

On arriving, Jason simply introduced himself and started practicing with his own ball. "Hello everyone! I'm Jason Riviera, the English transfer!" He didn't give much thought to anyone who wanted to reply, as he thought going straight into keep-ups was a better course of action.

JECX5zc.png

Ken Maeda
Tag: Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403 Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

As coach Maeda already made his way into the pitch, most of his players were already here. It's quite a good sign, they're all working hard. He started to take a walk around the pitch, the first thing he saw was Ryuuji, the team captain who was training a younger kid. That must be the kid Ryuu had mentioned, and it's no doubt that what they're doing are all coach Maeda instructions to Ryuu.

"- Keep going, Ryuu, you're doing well"

On another part of the pitch was Jun Yamaguchi, practicing his free kick taking skill. The ball was sweetly struck and curved before ended up at the back of the net. The coach clapped his hand as he walks by the boy, before sarcastically speaking:

"- Beautiful. How you didn't pulled something like that in the last year tournament, Jun-kun ?

But as he was on his way, there was another kid. He caught the coach attention as he wasn't Japanese. Coach Maeda quickly made his way toward the kid.

"- Riviera huh ? Interesting, this team never had an England player before. Where do you play on the pitch, boy ? And how long have you played ? "

The coach got right on the question. By the look, and how he walked with the ball, the old coach could say that he's no newbie. But he would need to see more of this kid.

Jason Riviera
Club Pitch

Jason was so focused on his current exercise that it came as a complete surprise when somebody started talking to him. He missed the first sentence, but luckily he got the question. "Oh! Coach Maeda, I assume? I play Left Wing Back, but I can play up in CAM too." He stopped moving the ball around and tried to focus on the conversation. Eye contact and listening, hard but not impossible.

• Kyzaba Sato
    Interactions: Sopranos Sopranos Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi

Kyzaba grinned, checking himself out in the mirror before running out of the house as fast as he could - not that it was "fast". Kyzaba is a brick wall, and you don't see walls running that fast do you? That same logic applies to Kyzaba himself. He had made sure to grab two bottles of water and his cleats, and with just enough time to spare, he deduced that he should be able to reach the field, eat his bread along the way, and get there before the coach arrives. Unluckily, Kyzaba's calculations were usually wrong, and this was the case as well. He soon found himself having to sprint as fast as he could, and even after putting in that much effort, he still failed to arrive to practice on time. He wasn't the only one late though, as he could only see a few familiar faces.

"Hey coach," Kyzaba said, waving to the white-haired, stern coach who was already familiar with him. After all, he had played on the team for three years already, and this would be the last year. "I see we got a couple of new players with us this season. Hopefully we won't flop like we did last year. Let's bring back a trophy for the last-years, eh?" Kyzaba smirked, putting his bag by the side lines and taking off his running shoes to replace it with his cleats. He had been using the same pair of cleats since the beginning of his first year because it just seemed natural for his feet. Although a bit worn out, they were well taken care off, so it was still good to use and perfect for him to play in.

As soon as he finished changing shoes, he stood up, stretched, and grabbed a near by ball before smashing it up as hard as he could. It was a pre-practice ritual to get his muscles working. Just like always, it flew up at a rapid pace and then came down. This was what he did. When the ball comes in dangerous positions, he was the one who would boot it all the way to the other side of the field. It was sort of his responsibility to do the dirty work at this point. Kyzaba caught the ball and then walked over to Jun, who was practicing free kicks. He was one of the better free kick takers the club has. The man was a bit selfish, but he was an attacker, so what can you do? "Yo, working hard before things officially start, huh? I like your work ethic."

Finally, he would get to know the individual that he both respected and resented the most. He was one of Kyzaba's better friends on the team, and he was the one who became captain over Kyzaba, something that he had gotten over with a few months ago. When he had first found out that the new captain was Ryuuji, or Ryu, as he called him most of the time, he had been sad, but not enough to change his excited mannerism. "Nice seeing you again Ryu. Hopefully, we'll have better luck this season. So... who's the new kid?"

what_s_mine__nishinoya_yuu__by_fanfictionofyou-d9fw175.jpg
Natsuki Inoue
Location: Currently Home, arriving late to the football field
Late. That was the only word running through Natsuki's mind as he struggled to shower as quick as possible before getting dressed. The small teen basically becomes a blur of black and gold as he runs around before dashing out of the house. Due to his home only being a nice 10 minute jog from the house, he usually just runs to school while going through practice drills in his head. The neighbors had grown use to his behavior an no longer questioned the boy when he was seen dashing around invisible opponents and blocking unseen shots.

Once he had reached the pitch, his eyes lit up in excitement before instantly dimming. "Ahhhh Coach beat me here. Definitely not a good sign....maybe he won't notice me if I just sneak up and act like I've been here for awhile." Natsuki mentally high fived himself as the scenario played out well in his head. After a few well placed dashes, Natsu felt that he was in the clear as stood behind Ryuuji. It was times like this where he appreciated his small stature, can't get chewed out as long as coach doesn't spot him.

JECX5zc.png
1xfHl5P.png

Ken Maeda - Ryuuji Yanagi
Tag: Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403

"Oh! Coach Maeda, I assume? I play Left Wing Back, but I can play up in CAM too."

"- A fullback huh ? We're pleased to have you on board, wing back has never been our strong point."

The old coach rubbed his forehead while mentioning one of the team weakness during last season. The lack of depth in wing player turned out to be a terrifying problem for them, forcing him to use players out of their position. Players such as Yamaguchi and Yanagi were played at Wing back from time to time. Therefore it was nice thing to know that there were more new players that can play as wing back.

"- Warm up a little bit, get to know the other. Later I'll see what you can do on the pitch."

Coach Maeda left Riviera for him to warm up, while looking for other players on the pitch. The bulk head Kyzaba finally made it. It's not like nobody could miss his giant figure, the kid had to strike the ball as lousy and noisy as possible for everyone to know that's him. The coach found ball nearby and soon passed it to Kyzaba, needless to say the ball bounced quite a distant away from the big defender foot, which was depressing for the coach.

"- We won't if you can be more decent with the ball. Some of your mistake last year was unnerving. Football starts with defense, a goal starts with a defender, improve your first touch or I'll have to bench you." - The coach then turned to Ryuuji, who was training with Maru - "- Ryu, you too, go do some pass-around with Kyzaba, warm him up. Leave the new kid to me. AND BRING NATSU WITH YOU!"

It's not that hard for the coach to sensed his player present on the pitch, he didn't have to see them with his eyes to know where they were.

After he instructed Kyzaba, Ryu and Natsu to do a triangle pass around, the coach took Ryu place, waiting for Maru to return.

----------
AyeXian AyeXian Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

As Ryuuji was training for Maru, he sensed someone behind him. It was Natsu, the first year goalkeeper. Though the coach didn't say much, Ryuu liked the kid a lot. He was enthusiastic and decent at his job. He also had good pace, for a goalkeeper, that could really help.

"- There is no way you can hide kid. He can close his eyes and still know what each of us is doing on the pitch. Now lets go, you heard him."

Ryuu soon led Natsuki and Kyzaba to an area where they could pass around. If the coach instructed something like that for all three of them, then not only Ryuu and Kyzaba but he wanted Natsuki to improve his footwork as well.

"- If you two haven't met, this is Sato-san, our central defender and a third year, he has been with us since his first year. This is Inoue-kun, our young goalie."

Not waiting too long, the captain placed the ball down and pass it forward to Kyzaba.

"- You mentioned the new kid I was training with, I found him after school a few day a go. The kid got some potential, but lets see what the coach think. He doesn't know where to play yet. There are a few more new faces I believe, like the English kid, I only heard about him yesterday from the coach."

Jason was certainly more than unnerved that he may be only one of two Full Backs, he worked better with a full back rank. "Mkay. Will do, coach!" He raced off to join the others, hopeful that he could make a good impression. "Hello everyone, I'm Jason Riviera. You all are...?"

Kako
168583004003202.jpeg
Kako ran up to the field and spotted a good number of people there, Looks like everyone's starting to show up.

He had been running around the school for the past hour, working on his stamina. Although it was already good, you could never practice a skill too much he thought. Walking up to the coach, Kako stood next to him as he watched a new face run towards him. It must be another new person.

"Good morning, Coach Maeda. I finished my laps."

Coach Maeda always had a keen sense to know exactly where each of his players was at, but after an incident in the beginning of the year where Kako snuck up on him, (a partial reason for his nickname), he made it a point to always greet the coach just in case. After all, he didn't want to make him angry, "Any specific orders or should I do some independent training for now?"

Sopranos Sopranos Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi (Just a short little somethin somethin for now)

• Ryo Hyuji
    Place: The Rooftop
    Interactions: Nobody

The bright ball of gas rained down its rays of ultraviolet light through the blinds of Ryo's window, directly onto his face, which was luckily shielded by the darkness of his sheets. Ryo moaned, feeling the effects of such an anti-climatic morning before freeing himself from the dark sheets only to sit on his bed, in his pajamas, within a dark room. The only positives of this was the fact that he could now access his smart phone which was on the wooden cabinet behind him. No texts, but a European futbol news outlet with his name in the title of an article. Ryo sighed, knowing exactly what the topic would be... something about a prodigy falling from the top. Although it hurt, it was not untrue, so there was nothing that he can do about it. Instead of training with the academies of the top European clubs, he was stuck here in Japan with a no-name school that he could care less about. To add salt to the wound, his mother had told him before they moved that she wanted Ryo to focus more on his studies just in case the soccer career did not go his way. For a prodigy like him to study rather than play soccer? Absolutely absurd.

Ryo decided with firmness that he would stay home for the day. Nothing was there at school for him to be inspired to go, except maybe the food there... they aren't as bad as European food. His plan of staying home for the day was soon ruined by his own mother, as she yelled at him, threw him clothes, and literally kicked him out of the house. Before he left, though, he made sure to give her a tiny bit of his mind, but it would not be as effective as it used to be, as she had gotten used to his mannerisms by now. Ryo put on his earbuds and browsed through the contents of his phone for no apparent reason other than boredom as he walked slowly to school. Coach, he read out loud. That was the only contact he had from his time in Japan, and from the way it is going, there does not seem like many additions would be added before some other European club spots his potential and recruits him.

Walking through the school gates without even stopping to read the name of the school, he noticed immediately that people were already on the soccer field. Practice should not have officially started, so Ryo wandered around the outside of the school, eventually making his way to the rooftops. In Europe, schools didn't have rooftops such as this one, and he had longed to lay on the rooftops of a Japanese building and nap there under a weak sun. He soon discovered upon entering the rooftops that the sun wasn't weak that day, but powerful. No matter how powerful the sun is though, it sure beats going down there and kicking a ball around with a bunch of plebs.

Having had his plan spoiled by Ryuuji and the ever so observant coach, Natsuki pouted slightly . He knew that the older male was right but that doesn't mean that he could just accept being his decision. Natsuki had no choice but to follow Ryuuji as he headed towards a boy he seemed familiar with, "Nice to meet you senpai, My name's Natsuki Inoue! I can't wait till we restore this school to its former glory." When he finished his introduction, Natsuki looked up at Kyzaba and forced to crane his neck back just to be able to look his senpai in the. A small twinge of jealousy came up because Natsuki could only imagine what it would be like if he wasn't a small munckin.

Natsuki's eyes has begun to scan the field until they landed on the new player that Ryuuji was talking about. The boy seemed to have trouble with the basic fundamentals but he seemed like the type that would pick up things relatively quick. Seeing him managed to give him even more hope in the team making it back to the top. Natsuki hadn't taken his eyes off of the ball while Ryuuji was absentmindedly passing the ball. Quick paced passes had always been one Natsuki's weaknesses since he wasn't able to remain in control of the ball once it was passed to him. "It's good to have some new faces around to spice things up a little, I'm just glad that I'm not the shortest player out here."

Attachments

• what_s_mine__nishinoya_yuu__by_fanfictionofyou-d9fw175.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 0

JECX5zc.png
1xfHl5P.png

Ken Maeda - Ryuuji Yanagi
Tag: Webs Elk Webs Elk Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

"Good morning, Coach Maeda. I finished my laps."

That was Kako Kenshin, or just Kako, last year youngster. Though unexperienced with football, the kid was quite interesting. He came from being a swimming athlete and he packed some special traits from that sport that other long time team members from the team didn't have. An unpolished gem for the team and one that caused old Maeda some headache as he still hadn't decided on how he wanted to train Kako and how he wanted him to play on the pitch. Old Maeda was having a lots of ideas for the kid...

"- Even though you're here a few months, you're still very new to the game. You still need to work on some fundamental skills, especially passing and ball control. And..." - The coach rubbed his forehead, trying to remember something - "- Oh, can you bring Jun here for me ?"

----------
AyeXian AyeXian Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403

"It's good to have some new faces around to spice things up a little, I'm just glad that I'm not the shortest player out here."

"- It's not as big of a problem for him as he's not a keeper, Natsu-kun!" - Soon as the ball returned to Ryuu's foot, he passed it to Natsuki as he finished his sentence. And as he expected, the kid control over the ball was poor as he needed a third touch to a the hold of the ball

"- You already have a huge advantage again Yukimura-san, who is 6 ft 1, need I remind you. If you don't make up with your footwork, you might not stand a chance, Natsu."

Though the coach had never claimed such thing to any players, it was a necessary motivation for the ant-sized goalie.

While they're doing pass-around, Ryuu noticed their foreign student was approaching the trio. He quickly realized it's his responsibility to get him to know the team.

"Hello everyone, I'm Jason Riviera. You all are...?"

"- Hi, I'm Yanagi, Ryuuji Yanagi, the captain of the team. This is Sato-san, he plays central defender and this little guy right here is Inoue-kun, our goalkeeper. Welcome to Takahashi Phoenix. We're having a warm-up pass-around, wanna join ?"

As he finished, the ball also returned to Ryuu's foot before he quickly passed it one-touch to Jason.

"- You seem to speak Japanese very well. How long have you been here ?"

download (10).jpeg
Maru Yoshimata
When Maru made it back with the ball he was glad to be done with his task. Yet Ryuuji then proceeded to kick the ball again destroying Maru's progress Maru clenched his fist and considered socking the third year. Until he told him about his time limit for how long the ball could be away from him. "Fine." He turned and jogged to the ball now he understand in reality this was training him to dribble the ball. Which made sense after all Maru already showed he struggled to bring the ball to Ryuuji. As he made his way back trying to control his kicks so that he wouldn't lose the ball he looked up every now and again to see how far he was from his goal. As he did he spotted the other members of the team along with the coach, Ryuuji walked off to talk to the other members of the team leaving the coach. Maru considered cheating by kicking the ball harder but he thought about how Ryuuji said he had potential. Maru sighed as he kept trying to kick the ball with more control at one point Maru kicked the ball a little too hard sending it ahead of him. "Damn it!" He rushed for the ball counting down in his head, 'One, two, three, four!' He slid towards the ball his foot kicking it forward then quickly getting to his feet he sprinted for the ball the countdown resetting. This time making it before he had to worry too much going back to a less worrisome speed. "That was way too fucking close." "Psst." Maru heard someone calling for him turning he spotted a rather tall guy who had a ball by his feet. The guy proceeded to kick the ball while walking like it was a natural thing at first Maru figured he was trying to mock him for struggling so much with something so basic. But as he watched it made sense Maru was trying to kick the ball without losing it, when in reality he should be trying to run with the ball. Maru then ran forward letting his foot tap against the ball pushing it along it was a hell of alot easier keeping the ball from getting away from him. He just had to be careful not to go too fast or else he risked stepping on the ball and falling over. "Heh, this ain't so hard actually."

tumblr_nhgymceRQM1tswlqxo1_400.gif
Hinamaru Okaasano
Tags: Sopranos Sopranos AyeXian AyeXian Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403
Hinamaru had arrived a bit later than he normally did, solely because his younger sister begged to stop for ice cream. Hinamaru sadly just couldn't say no to her and so he was walking Football at his feet as he walked dribbling it towards the pitch. When he arrived he noticed there were some new faces which brought a smile to his own face. He spotted Ryuuji and Kyzaba instantly raising a hand to wave but stopping when he spotted one of the new kids struggling to dribble the ball. As he watched him he chuckled a little it remained him of Ryuuji when he first tried out for the team walking over he approached the kid from the side. He seemed like the type that fought a lot a real rough and tumble type of kid. Which means this was the best way for him to learn trial and error, and while it may seem like coddling to do so Hinamaru couldn't help but want to help. "Psst." He got the boy's attention then showed him it was easier if he just did it more naturally rather than kick the ball every time. After the boy copied his movements to more easily move the ball Hinamaru walked over to Ryuuji and the others. "Ryu-kun Ky-kun good morning. The new recurits seem so promising this year.

Kako
168583004003202.jpeg
"Even though you're here a few months, you're still very new to the game. You still need to work on some fundamental skills, especially passing and ball control."

Kako nodded as the coach spoke. Although he made considerable improvement from when he first started, Kako knew he still had a ways to go, but at the very least he was improving relatively quickly. Kako glanced at the first year and smiled for a second, It seems like everyone's a quick learner this year...

"And...Oh, can you bring Jun here for me ?"

Kako nodded before glancing around the field, his face resetting to a neutral expression. He rather quickly spotted the boy practicing free kicks. As Kako jogged over to the boy, he intently analyzed his technique, seeing what he did that worked and didnt work. He made a mental note to try mimicking Jun's movements later when practicing, after all, he assumed the third year knew what he was doing. Immediately after he made another kick, Kako decided it was time to intervene, "Yamaguchi-san? Coach Maeda asked me to fetch you."

Kako gestured towards the coach with his head as he spoke before his eyes landed on the ball that landed a few seconds ago, "Nice kick."

Interacted
Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Sopranos Sopranos

Mentioned
Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi

Jason Riviera
Club Pitch
Mentioned: Sopranos Sopranos AyeXian AyeXian

"Sure, I might as well." Jason recieved the ball with his left foot and chipped it up to Sato. "Oh, I've only been here about two or three days... I've been learning Japanese since I was four, though."

5ca3b0e1a00fe013f7738a43121b73f5.jpg
Jun Yamaguchi
Interaction: Webs Elk Webs Elk
Mention: Sopranos Sopranos
Jun had continued with his free kick training, even though he was a right footer, he was better at free kicks when he used his left feet. He hadn't even acknowledged when Coach Maeda or anyone else had talked to him, being fully focused on what he was doing. On his final kick, he had turned to look at who was speaking to him, raising an eyebrow at the guy. So coach had asked the former swimmer to get him, well okay then. " let's go then, coach wouldn't want us to kick him waiting." He said as he started to walk to were the coach was.

2n7jl95.jpg

Okada Rina

Time: Morning.
Tag: Sopranos Sopranos

The alarm on her cell phone went off. The annoying tone that kept on beeping unless it was swiped away by someone’s finger. With a groan she shuffled towards it as it was laying on the dresser, forcing her to get up. It was one of the things she had to do in the morning or she would be late to school all the time unless she pulled off an all-nighter. Though that would result in her crashing during class. Washing up fast and getting dressed before she went out to the kitchen where she got herself some breakfast. She would be getting lunch at school since her grandparents hadn’t gone to the supermarket yet, they would do so today so they could enjoy a nice meal. They didn’t have any trouble with money which was nice but sometimes the three of them could be so lazy that they didn’t want to get out of their house. It was one of the lesser traits they shared.

Walking towards school as her grandparents were still asleep, it was a nice morning walk. The fresh air welcoming her which made her feel all better. Stretching out her arms. It wasn’t too far of a distance or otherwise she would have purchased a bike instead. Within just a twenty minute walk, she arrived at the domain. It was her first year at this school so she still had to get used to it but she managed. At least she now knew her way through the building so that was already something. Chewing her lip as she made her way to the club room where she could drop of her bag since she didn’t want to run around with the thing all the time. Opening the door of the room and scanning everything that was in it. It was pretty tidy actually for a club that consisted of mainly males. Or was it all males except her? She didn’t know, nor did she ask the coach about it as she had forgotten.

Once she placed her back on the corner of the table, she made her way out with her notepad and pen towards the football field this time. Noticing the group of people that were already gathered around and training to their heart’s content. Going to the man she had spoken with earlier on in order to join the club. She was surprised that he even accepted her with her lack of knowledge but she appreciated it that much more. ”Good morning.” She greeted him with a light bow of her head. ”I’m sorry for being late.”

JECX5zc.png

Ken Maeda
Tag: Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Webs Elk Webs Elk Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi

While waiting for Kako to get Jun, coach Maeda kept his eyes on the new kid, Maru Yoshimata. Without seeing him doing in a real game, there was nothing old Maeda could tell. But for Ryuu to vouch for this kid, there must've been something about him. As Maru returned with the ball, the coach was there waiting for him.

"- I see you've learned a thing or two in this time. Good, because you're gonna have to learn a lots, so the quicker the better. Here, come with me."

Old Maeda led Maru into the penalty area before continued:

"- Usually, to pass the ball, you just need to use the inside of your foot and put it behind the ball, just a light touch, like a pat of the back before you nicely ask it to move forward to your teammate. You don't touch it too weak because it won't be enough to reach your teammate. But you also don't want to hit it with too much power, giving your teammate a hard time receiving it. Here try it."

As he said, the old coach opened the inside of his foot before lightly swung it at the ball, causing it to roll forward to Maru at an average speed. The kid learned it quite fast as he returned it to old Maeda in a similar fashion.

"- Now, to shoot the ball, that's another thing. There are different techniques but you're gonna learn one today. Different from passing or dribbling, you might wanna use the lace of your boot with it. Before you do kick it, take your eyes on the ball and do a quick calculation on how many step your gonna need to reach the ball. A good strikers are natural at this, they just do this by taking one tiny glimpse at the ball. After that moment, look at the target, it's not how hard you smash the ball but you have to hit the target. As you reach the ball, lock your ankle and swing your foot toward the target, strike the ball with the lace of your boot."

Old Maeda, once again demonstrated the technique for the young kid. He just took 2 steps toward the ball, lock his ankle and struck the ball from behind with his lace. A huge striking sound came after as the shot rocketed into the top net before bounced back down to the ground. It's no doubt the shot of a striker, though it's been years since the old man retirement.

Roofer.gif

"- Try it, kid" - The old coach passed the ball to Maru.

----------

As both Jun and Kako made it back to the coach, he turned to Jun first.

"- You two already know each other well enough, well I'm going to get right into it. Kako has been with us for a while and he's been learning quite well, but now I want him to have more than just everyday basic drills. So I want you to start tutoring him for me, from this day. Is that a problem ?"

He then looked at Kako

"- Jun is one of the best attacker in this club, he is a quite skillful and well experienced. You can learn a lots from him if you're willing to. Can I expect you two to work together ?"

Last edited:

Kyzaba Sato
Interactions: Sopranos Sopranos BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403 Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha

Kyzaba was instructed to begin warm-up with the captain of the team, whom he respected on and off the pitch. He soon received the ball that had come to his right foot, trapped it, and passed it rather smoothly. Of course, this was to be expected, as he was an experienced player who had played for the team the last three years. It would be embarassing if he had forgotten how to do something as simple as pass the ball to someone else... After all, passing is the foundation that builds up the sport.

"Not doubting your choices, Ryu, but how do you know the kid's got potential? He doesn't know what position he's going to play... does that mean he can play a lot of different positions, or does that mean he has never played a position at all?" Kyzaba asked, excited about the amount of new faces that he has already seen, but also worried for the success of the team. If the team wants to truly compete with the rest of the teams in the region, nothing but the most talented and hardest working athletes should have a spot on the team. Even if a boy has high potential, how long will it take for that individual to develop into a high-class player? This is the last season, and this is the season that he cares about the most. He wants to win... win and bring back the trophy that this school has been missing for years.

It was then that Natsuki, the goalkeeper who had been cursed by his lack of height. Kyzaba never managed to figure out how the boy got into goalkeeping. Still, Kyzaba respects him for the hard work that he puts forward to make up for the lack of height that was crucial for the goalkeeping position. Still, Kyzaba couldn't help but wonder whether soccer is in the boy's future, as it doesn't seem like he will grow very much in the future either according to present trends. "Yeah, I noticed that there are a few new faces as well. Can't wait to see what these newbies can do... perhaps this will finally be the year that we can truly shine like phoenix in the league." Kyzaba exclaimed, continuing the fast-paced passing between the three of them. Soon enough, a new face came to greet them. He was a foreigner, probably English but very good at Japanese. He introduced himself as Jason, at which Kyzaba introduced himself as well in response: "Hey Jason, the name is Kyzaba, or Ky. Let me warn ya... if you want a spot on the team, you've gotta work hard, harder than every before." Kyzaba grinned. Soon enough, Hinamaru came to greet the few players, at which Kyzaba nodded to. They were already acquainted.

Just like that, Kyzaba and the few others formed a small passing group to warm up.

It was then that he heard a feminine voice in the distance coming from the direction of the coach. He was surprised - this was the first time a girl had come to practice on the first day. This distraction made him lose control of the rhythm, passing the ball way behind Jason. "Sorry, my bad." Kyzaba scratched his head, redirecting his attention to the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back