• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tainted Love: Once I Ran to You | 1x1 with RozieRawrs

Aato

Social(ly-inept) Butterfly
Tainted Love

thumbnail.php

"Once I Ran to You, Now I’ll Run from You"

Everything started out great like any other relationship but one slowly started to notice that the other was becoming more and more possessive. First it was just wanting to know where they were going, then it was telling them where they couldn’t go, who they couldn’t be around, and so on. One will have to decide if they can bear to try working out the problems or if they feel better walking away.

Over-possessive: Fidel Moreno @Aato

Unwillingly leashed: Brittany MiddleCoff @RozieRawrs

One-on-one extension of a previous RP inspired by song, 'Tainted Love' by Softcell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brittany MiddleCoff

Unwillingly Leashed

If you asked Brittany to describe black, she would say it was the colour of the night, alone and still, cold and frightening, but warm and engulfing. She would tell you it was the colour of your mind when you're upset, or the color of all things unwanted or unheard of, the color of hatred and distrust. Brittany would tell you it's a terrible thing, black, but it's her favorite colour. It's the color she wears every day. Brittany could tell you that black is the worst, and yet she bathes in a black bath bomb. Her room is filled with black. Her life Is black. And then there's Fidel. Who's the light at the end of her dark tunnel. Who gave her the pink teddy bear sitting on her black bed spread. Who encourages Brittany to wear color instead of black and helps her decide to wear red lipstick instead of black. She was falling for him and It was fine. She didn't care if he bought her pink bears, as long as it was him.
Brittanys phone begins vibrating like crazy, pulling her from her daydreams. She pulls the black iPhone out of her pocket and slides the green bar, allowing her to answer her brothers call.
"Hello?" Brittany chirps into the speaker.
"Britt, When are you going to be here? We need to pick out colors for the wedding. Can't do that without you"
"I told you, tonight."

Last edited:

Fidel Moreno

Fidel had awoken and made his way down the stairs...not too late in the day, but apparently late enough for the sun to be shining brightly through the blinds of the window. Good thing he didn't have work today. After stopping in the bathroom for the morning routine, he made his way down the stairs and took a seat on the sofa - too lazy to make himself something to eat at the moment - and flipped on the TV.  "Hm..." His mind began to wander even as he looked at the screen. 'Maybe I'll stop down at the coffee shop for a pastry or something... Or--' His thoughts were interrupted by the clicking of nails against the hardwood floors and he looked up to see his Vizsla, Ciro, clumsily trotting toward him with a toy in his mouth. As Ciro rested his head on Fidel's knee, he gave his fur a playful ruffle and managed to snatch the toy away from the dog, catching him off guard. The dog immediately stood at attention, ready for his human to throw the toy, but Fidel only taunted Ciro with it and took part in a mini game of tug-o-war before letting the dog finally have it. "Good boy, Ciro," he praised the dog with chuckles as it chewed the toy ferociously and it squeaked for mercy. "Maybe...I should take him for a walk to get some of his energy out, then head down to the coffee shop... Then again..." His out loud thoughts trailed, and he looked back to the dog. "Ciro!" He called to get his attention and his head shot up. He patted his leg for the dog to come, but he only Ciro grabbed his toy and scampered off in defiance. Fidel only chuckled and shook his head. "Okay, maybe not..."

Now, about breakfast... As he adjusted himself to sit further back on the sofa, he maneuvered to pull his phone from his pocket. His fingers slid across the phone a couple of times before it began calling Brittany. He waited patiently at the ring until it picked up. "Brit, this is Fidel. Come to the coffee shop with me? ...I'll buy us pastries," he added for persuasion.

@RozieRawrs

(*That's so blah for as long as it took me. >.< Sorry. It'll get better and I should reply much more quickly now.*)

Brittany MiddleCoff

[SIZE= 14px]Brittany ends her call with her older brother and walks from her bedroom to the kitchen, her superman slippers padding softly on the hardwood floor. It could be about noon, Brittany couldn't tell, she had been in bed up until Chris called. Still in her loose, black [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]tank top[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px] hanging off of her as she sleepily grabs a  p[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]remade[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px] smoothie bag. She begins throwing ingredients in for an apple mint smoothie when her phone begins buzzing. She slides the green bar, answering the phone, and places the phone to her ear. Immediately Britt hears Fidel's voice. A soft smile forms on her lips. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Hey, Fidel, hold on for a [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]second[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px] babe." Brittany half yells, the blender making awful growling noises as it chops up the apple slides and the mint. Britt throws in yogurt and a few frozen milk cubes to keep it cool. Britt places a lid on and steps away from the blender so she can hear Fidel. [/SIZE]

"Fidel. Hey. I'm sorry. Can you repeat that? I was making a smoothie." Another smile plays on Britts lips as her little black pug puppy bounds into the room, his purple cast hitting the floor with a small thud. Brittany leans over and picks up the pooch and takes him to his food bowl, after feeding Wrinkles she turns off the blender, flipping her long, black hair over her shoulder. 

@Aato ((no worries, my replies will be slow. I've got a lot on my plate right now))

Fidel

When Brittany answered the phone, Fidel was met with the pleasant sound of her voice just before it turned into a muddled mess of churning. He pulled the phone away from his ear, looking at it with a confused frown before putting it back to his ear. He had somewhat made out the words his girlfriend had said, but it wasn't well enough for him to have any true gauge of what she said, so he decided just staying on the line was best.

He waited patiently, zoning out into his thoughts until the churning died down and he was once again greeted by Brittany's voice. "Huh?" He startled back into awareness. "Oh... Right. It's okay." He assured her, nodding out of habit although he knew she couldn't see him. "I was just asking you to come to the coffee shop with me. I can buy us pastries." His attempt to persuade her could be heard in his tone. "You're not busy today, are you?"

@RozieRawrs
(*...Frozen milk cubes are a thing? O.o  *)

Brittany

[SIZE= 14px]Brittany smiles softly, sipping her smoothie, "Well, how about you come and pick me up. I need to shower and stuff, so when you get here, just walk in. You know the drill." She bites her lip, setting the smoothie down, "Do you want to come to dinner with me, my brother, and Matthew? It is formal, so wear a dress shirt and stuff." Britt blushes. She fiddles with the straw to he smoothie as she waits for an answer. Her text tone begins going off in her ear and Brittany puts Fidel on speaker phone so she can answer. Its her brother, again. Britt sends him a quick text, telling him that she might be bringing Fidel with her. Chris doesn't oppose, he doesn't necessarily agree to it happening either. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"So I guess the answer to my busy question is a yes, but Chris says its fine if you come, if you want to." Brittany grabs her smoothie and pads upstairs to where  her private bathroom is. At the moment Brittany lives with a room mate. He lives downstairs in the basement suite. Max. Hes pretty average. He drives a Prius, goes to work every day and doesnt talk to Brittany very often unless theres something important to talk about or if hes giving her his money for rent and stuff. Sometimes they go to dinner together or they enjoy a dinner together upstairs. But Brittany rarely goes to the basement unless shes putting things in storage. Even then she avoids the hallway that Max's door is down. Mainly because she knows his tendencies to bring women into the house. She doesnt care as long as they stay down there, and they do. [/SIZE]

@Aato Yeah. You make them. They are a lot like frozen yogurt. You use them in smoothies and milk to keep it cold, anything milk based, really. It's so you don't get a watery taste in your drink. 

Fidel

Fidel listened as she spoke and looked off in thought upon hearing her offer. "Hm... Okay. So, are we going to the coffee shop or just to dinner?" He wanted to be clear. "Just making sure so I know if I should dress fancy now before coming over, or just bring clothes to change into." As he awaited her answer, Ciro trotted back into the room, toy in mouth. The red dog laid his chin on his owner's lap, then made a whimper. Fidel turned the phone away from his mouth. "No, Ciro. I will play with you later, okay? Do you want to go outside?" The dog had made another whimper after being rejected, but quickly perked at the mention of going outside, backing up and doing circles. "Okay, okay. Let's go," Fidel smiled.

Moving from the sofa he made his way to the back door. He pressed the cellphone to his ear with his shoulder before opening the door, but halting. "Gimme the toy." The dog whimpered. "C'mon. You can't take your stuffed toys outside." The dog made another groan before dropping the toy. Fidel smirked, then finished opening the door, letting Ciro out into the small yard. "There you go. Have fun. I'll be back in a bit." Just in case he didn't actually come home at the time planned, he decided to put down a large bowl of food. The Viszla was pretty good at free-feeding, never over-stuffing himself. He then grabbed a few of his rubber squeaky toys to toss out. 'Good. That's done. Back to Britt.' His full attention returned to the phone.

@RozieRawrs

(* :o  I have been enlightened. Thank you.*)

Brittany

Britt grabs a towel and hangs it up on the towel rack next to the shower. She reaches into the shower and runs the water until it gets warm. She listens to Fidel speak, closing the glass door to her shower, she grabs a brush and starts brushing her knitted hair.

"Well. We are still going for coffee. So I guess your best bet would be bringing the formal wear here. You can leave it in my room, of course." Brittany blushes. She thinks of Fidel in her room as she's changing, biting her lip she smiles softly. 

"And no worries. You don't have to be too fancy. You can wear jeans, if you want to. Just make sure you wear a nice button down and a blazer or something. I trust you will find something nice." Brittany runs her fingers through her long, jet black hair. She starts undressing and puts Fidel on speakerphone. 

"hey, Fidel, I'm about to shower. I'll see you in a bit. Just let yourself in. You can chill in my room or come into the bathroom if you want to chill with me and talk." Brittany smiles softly, knowing very well he can't see her small, tired expression. 

@Aato

Fidel headed upstairs to his room after letting Ciro outside. Looking in his closet, he began sifting through the clothes for some dressy-casual clothing as Brittany suggested. "Okay. Gracias, baby, gracias." He pulled a couple of articles of clothes and tossed them to the bed. "You get clean and I will be there soon." He made a couple of kisses into the phone, then hung up.

The cellphone flew across the room, joining the clothes on the bed before he turned back to the closet to reach on its top shelf and pull out a box of appearance neutral shoes. He thought to change into something a tad nicer now, but decided his shorts and t-shirt would do for the coffee shop. He then pulled out a small backpack from the corner of his closet and sat it on his bed before folding the clothes and placing them inside. The shoes, however, made their way to his feet now.

'Guess I'm done now... I'll just let Ciro in and off I go.' He trotted down the steps with the bag slung over a shoulder, then went around to the back to let his Vizsla in. By the front door, he patted down his shorts to make sure he had his wallet, then picked up his keys from the key rack before heading out the door.

The trip to Brittany's wasn't very long - somewhere between a 10 and 15 minute drive. Just as she told him, he let himself in, glancing around the apartment as he quietly clicked the door shut behind him and locked it. His girlfriend's little pug was out of sight and he briefly wondered what trouble he was getting into now. Then again, he had a brace, so probably not much - but, hey, he had to get that way somehow. He wandered back to her bedroom, the sound of running shower water getting increasingly louder. He slipped his bag from his shoulder, letting it plop onto the bed before going to pop his head in the bathroom.

The humid warmth immediately laced his skin and his nose caught scent of the smell of soap as both filled the room. "Mmm... What's cooking? It smells good," he teased playfully. "Oh, and uh, surprise! I believe you ordered a Fidel." He grinned and chuckled.

@RozieRawrs

Brittany

A smile spreads across Brittany's face once Fidel hangs up. She thinks of the gorgeous man and their coffee date as she strips and steps into the hot water, her body welcoming the heat. Brittany smiles and leans against the cold tiles, thinking of Fidel, smiling at the sound of his voice. Even the thought of him made her smile. Of course, there were things Brittany didn't like about Fidel, like the fact that he always seemed to need to know exactly where Brittany was going. After a while, of course, she got used to just telling him what he game plan was. But Brittany loved being around Fidel. He made her smile. He made her happy. 

Wrinkles whines in the other side of the bathroom door. Usually Brittany let the pug in while she's having a shower, the humidity of the hot showers seemed to always make Wrinkles happy. But now with his cast, Brittany can't let him in. So, instead, she tells Wrinkles to go lay down. She listens for the clip clip thump of his paws, and cast, hitting the hard wood floors. She begins soaping up, washing her hair with tropical shampoo/conditioner  and her body with coconut scented sugar scrub. 

Brittany steps closer to he water to rinse off the soap just as Fidel pokes his head into the bathroom. She smiles as he speaks and finishes rinsing her hair, she opens the door slightly so she can peek out. "I'll be right out, okay baby?" She smiles, closing the glass shower door, she runs her fingers through her hair one last time and shuts off the water. Britt grabs her towel and wraps it around her before steeping out of the shower. She opens the bathroom door, her black towel still wrapped around her. 

"Hey Fidel." She smiles. A slight blush rises to her cheeks. "Let me just get dressed and blow dry my hair." Of course, they both knew that meant a good half an hour of hair maitenance, clothes picking, and makeup doing. But Brittany just assumed Fidel had gotten used to it by now. 

@Aato

Fidel

"I'll be right out, okay baby?" Fidel heard the door to the shower slide shut again and took that as his cue to exit, clicking the door shut as he slipped away. With a little sigh, he decided to wait on her bed, plopping down on its edge like an impatient little kids whose mommy just told him to, well, wait. Looking around the room, he smiled when he spotted Wrinkles. "Hey, little guy. Still in the cast, eh?" He reached down to gently scratch the dog's head. "Don't worry. I'm sure it'll be off soon and you'll be back to running around freely."

Fidel's head popped up as soon he heard the bathroom door open and his face lit at the sight of Brittany. "Ah, there's my princess of darkness," he chuckled. He stood to go over and peck her cheek, hands resting on her hips, though the contour of her body was distorted by the towel. She mentioned that there were still a couple of things left to do to get ready and he nodded intently. "Of course. That's fine. Wrinkles and I can keep each other company," he laughed. "...Unless you'd like some help," he smiled mischievously, the wink evident in his tone as he leaned to peck her cheek again.

@RozieRawrs (*So, I'm back and should respond regularly; just give me a chance to warm up again. :)  *)

Brittany
A soft smirk spreads across Brittany's lips. She wraps her arms around her lovers neck and leans up to kiss him. She pulls away after a few seconds and looks up at Fidel, "If you would like to help me, you are more than welcome to." Britt presses her body against Fidel's, looking up into his eyes. Her wide eyes darken with lust. Brittany's mind goes to dark places. Her thoughts are interrupted by Wrinkle's little yips. Britt pulls away from Fidel and walks to Wrinkles.
"Yess, little prince. You're right." She coos, picking the small dog up, cradleing him in her arms. "I should get ready. We have a busy day ahead of us." Britt rubs the pups stomach, his head leans back and his large, pink tongue pops out of his mouth.
Brittany sets the pup down after a few moments and walks to her closet, winking at Fidel as she grabs a black tank top and ripped, black, skinny jeans. she grabs herself some underwear and throws the clothing items onto the bed. Dropping the towel, she then begins getting dressed. Slowly, as if to tease Fidel as much as possible. Once finished, Britt moves to her black vanity and turns on the lights for the mirror. She blow dries her long, black hair and lets her soft, natural waves flow down to the small of her back. Minimal makeup is applied. Britt looks up at Fidel through the mirror as she applies her mascara. She smiles softly before focusing back on her makeup.
"Dinner isn't until six. I take it I'll be driving?" She asks, fluttering her eyelashes. Britt turns, "I mean, I could give you directions, but it would be easier if you let me drive."

@Aato (Welcome back. Take all the time you need to be warmed up.)

Last edited:
Fidel

Fidel's eyes hooded just as he leaned in to kiss Brittany, but soon realized he was puckering air and that his girlfriend had disappeared to the other side of the room. A faint blush tinted his cheeks, though his stubble hid most of it, and a hand moved to awkwardly rub the back of his neck. He hadn't even heard the pup's earlier protest.

With her attentions on the Pug and his advances obviously rejected, he moved to take a seat on the corner of her bed. Really, this was a good thing; she spoke to her dog about having a lot to do today and there couldn't have been a more true statement. One of them had to be able to walk away. They balanced each other like this, at least, he thought so - each of them more responsible at certain times than others.

Soon, she placed Wrinkles down and went to her closet, sifting through the clothing. He watched her and inwardly wondered if she'd make him leave. Though, as soon as she let the towel fall to the floor without hesitation, he knew he was in the clear... and also granted to a free show as she slowly shimmied on each article piece by piece. He only sighed deeply and shook his head. "I don't know why you do these things to me," he pouted, though it was lighthearted.

Once dressed, she continued the preparation process at her vanity and, as he watched her do all these things, it made him more appreciative that all he had to do at minimum was shave and brush his hands through his hair. Fidel nodded at her question. "You know where we're going, so you can drive. Sure. Makes more sense." He stood now, assuming she'd be ready soon, and lingered by door. "Aaaand... dinner is just us with your brother and his partner, si?"

@RozieRawrs 

Brittany

Brittany watches Fidel move in the mirror as she finishes up her makeup. Mainly mascara because Britt was kind of the natural beauty type of girl. "Oui, Chris and Matthew are the only two our dinner will consist of." She stands and walks to her closet, grabbing black and silver combat boots and pulling them on, tucking her skinny jeans in. Brittany whistles to Wrinkles and picks him up. She grabs her phone, a sweater, and her bag before walking with Fidel out of the room. Britt closes and locks her bedroom door and walks down the hall to the spare room where she locks Wrinkles in. She makes sure the food and water dishes are filled and tosses in a few of his toys. The pup runs around happily as she closes the door.
Brittany's attention turns to Fidel. A small smile spreads across her soft pink lips. Her soft green eyes move to the ground as she begins blushing. The only thought in her head asking her how she of all people could manage to catch a guy like Fidel. Britt runs her fingers through her hair and looks up at Fidel. "Well lets go then." She bites her bottom lip and makes her way to her garage.
Brittany had come from a fairly rich family line. So it was no surprise when on her 18th birthday Britt was given a brand new, customized, Jeep Wrangler. Of course the model color was black, the interior decorated with fuzzy purple and black zebra print slips. On her dash sits bobble head figurines of Daryl Dixon and the Phantom Of The Opera. This would be the car that Brittany would be driving to the restaurant.
Before Brittany even opens the door to the garage, she turns and looks at Fidel, "You know, we should walk to the coffee shop. It's not too far from here, besides. It gives us more time to talk and it gets us some exercise."

(I'm just going to warn you now that I might have to just leave for a little while. I'm not sure yet. I know I've been saying that for a while but you know, the threat is still pretty open for now. I'll let you know if things change.) @Aato

Last edited:
Fidel

Fidel watched Brittany as she put on the finishing touches to her look for the day. Being male typically meant he didn't have to put as much effort into his appearance as she did, at least, he wasn't expected to, and that made him appreciate her all the more. He liked her choice of make-up and style of clothes. He'd probably never dress the same - the 'dark' look wasn't for him - but it definitely worked for her. Their styles were night and day, and yet they still meshed somewhere in between - at a sort of 'dusk', you could say, that kept their relationship together and worthwhile.

He followed his girlfriend out of her room and waited as she put her puppy away before they headed toward her garage. Though, she stopped short of the garage door and suggested walking. He looked off for a moment, pondering the idea. Wouldn't they get sweaty? Well... the cafe wasn't far and it wasn't that hot out, so it should be fine. "Alright, princesa," he nodded and reached for her hand. "Let's go."

@RozieRawrs 
(*Sorry if that's a little awkward; gotta get a feel for Fidel's character again. I'll be replying consistently again. I made sure I was actually a little active before making the claim this time, hahah. Just worrying about keeping up what I have going right now; nothing new. :) *)

Britt

Brittany smiles and willingly takes the boys hand, intertwining their fingers, she looks up at him, admiring the features of his face. She was so in love with this boy and he didn't even know it. The duo set off for the coffee shop, waling along the sidewalk like a perfect pair. They had been together a while, about a year or so now. She had even thought about moving in with the boy if he wanted her to. She would decide, of course, when the time was right whether their relationship was ready for it or not. Right now Britt was content with being in separate homes. Besides, Ciro and Wrinkles had never met, that would need to happen before they moved in together anywhere. Brittany wouldn't give up her baby easily. 

"So. Chris and Matt are super excited for their wedding. They are picking out colors so they can get the invitations ready. I guess they want to do a pamphlet with the colors as invitations." Britt shrugs, "I don't understand honestly, I would just go with black and whatever my husband wants, you know? Black goes with everything." Britt giggles, toying with her hair. She looks up at Fidel, a soft smile on her lips, "I actually haven't put much thought into my wedding. I mean, would it be big or small? Who would be my maid of honor? Probably Chris because he's my best friend.."

@Aato (I'm sorry my replies will be awfully slow. I'm going through some house shit and it taking up a lot of my time. I'll be gone most of next week I believe.)

Fidel

Brittany's gesture of twining their fingers actually caused Fidel to blush faintly. He had the appearance of a womanizer, but was contrarily quite shy of them. After a long while of dating and this being far from the first time they'd held hands this way, he was actually surprised to see his girlfriend still had this effect on him and found it endearing. When she mentioned choosing black as a wedding color, he chuckled. "A little funeral-ish, don't you think? I never thought much about my own wedding either, but things are a little easier in Spain. There are usually no bridesmaids or best men. Some people do the American style, though, and have all those fancy things. Otherwise, we keep it simple." He paused before asking, "How much of the wedding do they have planned? Sounds like they have a ways to go if they're still picking colors."
______
RozieRawrs RozieRawrs
(*Y'know, I've forgotten a chunk of BB coding, lol. I might try to make future posts a tad prettier, though I know it's just us.*)

Britt
Brittany smiles as Fidel flushes, she looks up at him, her eyes wide and bright with love. It amazed her how long he had put up with her and wanted to be with her. It warmed her heart to know that he still loved her for her. Honestly Britt loved him more than anything else in the world. Brittany would give even her own life for Fidel. It wasn't always so. At one time Brittany wasn't sure if he was the one. She would go out, talk to other guys, have other men over at her place. It wasn't until she told Fidel that she knew that he was the one. Instead of leaving, he had told her how he felt. That was the beginning of their relationship. The beginning of the best thing Britt had ever experienced.
"Funeral like, I guess." Britt giggles, looking up at Fidel, "A wedding in Spain.." Brittany smiles, leaning against Fidel a little, a smile spreads across her face. "That would be amazing. From what I know of, Spain is a beautiful place.... I mean it must be pretty amazing to have brought up someone as wonderful as you." Britt smiles, biting her lip. She looks down. "I dunno about Chris and Matt. The wedding is in a couple months. I think they have everything planned out except colors. I guess its easier for them to get things done because they are both guys. I think Chris and Matt made my dress black and they are just going to add a sash or flowers to go with the color scheme they pick."

Aato Aato
((Its all good. The new update is kind of throwing me off, but I think I'll get used to it.))

Fidel

His blush deepened at her compliment. "So sweet for the princess of darkness," he chuckled and moved his hand to give her hair a playful little ruffle. "I will take you to Spain one day. We'll do everything." He assured her with a grin. "Now, I need you to stop being so cute if we're actually going to make it to the cafe." He leaned to give her temple a swift peck then flashed her a wink. When she mentioned that the guys were nearly done wedding planning, Fidel's face was actually a little surprised. "Huh," a hand moved to stroke his chin, "well, I guess that makes sense. Guys can be a little less picky... Then again, I have heard of 'groomzillas'." He laughed. "Do you remember the last time you even wore something that wasn't mainly black?"
______
RozieRawrs RozieRawrs
(*Same, dude. I think it might take me a little longer than last time to adjust, but it'll happen eventually. In random RP news: For some reason, I keep trying to make Fidel Italian in my head, and I'm just like 'No no no no no - bad Aato.' lol. And sorry for such a 'meh' post - quick reply before bed.*)

Last edited:
Brittany

Brittany smiles, "Well what can I say? I like treating you to smiles and happiness. You are, after all, my light, Fidel. We've been together for almost a year now, do you not remember when you first met me? I looked like I had walked out of a Tim Burton movie." The girl giggles, "My attire has changed quite a bit." She smiles, the girl looks up at Fidel with love in her eyes, "I wore pink flannel yesterday, remember? The flannel you bought me? And I stopped wearing brown contacts because I know you like my blue eyes. I need to get my glasses back though, I liked them a lot. God I'm glad you werent around for my awkward braces and glasses stage. That would have been awful. You would have made fun of me." Britt blushes, she fiddles with her hair, "Well yeah. Chris and Matt would get eloped by elvis in Vegas they are in so much love. Honestly I would too..." She blushes, "I mean not right now, cause I'm going back to school in a few weeks but, you know. Some day."

Aato Aato
((This is the latest reply ever I am so so sorry. Some things came up and I read this and completely forgot about it until now. My replies should be a lot more frequent now.))

Fidel
"I think your old attire was just a way to scare off all the jerk guys before they came any closer," he teased. "...See, to me, you were just scary hot." He grinned sheepishly...mostly because he knew that was a terrible joke, but it slipped out of his mouth before he could stop it. "But, yeah, yeah, I remember; you did wear that shirt yesterday. You're cute in colors... I like you in anything, though, or nothing - that works too." He chuckled. "Awkward glasses and braces days? I need to see this.You have to show me pictures some time. ...I promise not to laugh. Besides, I bet you were still cute anyway." She went on to talk about the guys and even mentioning being willing to elope and he hiked an eyebrow. "Who says you can't be a married woman and go to school? Are the guys too tempting?" His tone had actually changed a little on his accusation.

Brittany
Britt blushes, she bites her lip, "Well.. I don't think I have any pictures of the braced days, and if I did, I would never ever show you. God I was blonde and gross. I'm never showing you that." The girl giggles, she runs her fingers through her hair, biting her lip. "Of course you'd like to see me in nothing." She laughs, looking up at Fidel with a soft smile. The girl swings their arms a little as they walk, seeing the cafe up ahead. She could hear the tone changing in Fidels voice. "I... I dunno. I guess its mostly just the stress levels that would hit me, you know? Weddings are stressful and then there is the family situations and such. Which, if I had chosen any other profession I'd be fine with it, but being an EMT? Thats a lot. Yes, guys are always tempting. Theres points where during classes, the guy that always sits next to me looks super yummy... But that doesnt mean I'd do anything..."

Aato Aato

Fidel

He cleared his throat before speaking again, noticing that maybe he got a little too serious. "You're right; you wouldn't do anything." His words almost sounded more like he was convincing himself than simply agreeing with her. His hand held hers a little tighter. "But, yeah, that makes sense and you have plenty of time before thinking of getting married and all. Y'know, couples can stay engaged for a while, though. At least you have an example of a wedding so you can take notes now to make it easier later," he chuckled. "And heeey - blondes are cute too. I'm sure you looked fine. If I don't find that picture, I bet it'll find me first," he teased and playfully poked her belly, wiggling his finger.

Britt bites her lip, she shrugs, not sure of what to say. She looks up at Fidel, "I mean yeah..." Her voice trails off, "I'll see a wedding soon but... I'm not sure if marriage is really what I want to do." She runs her fingers through her hair, "I mean there has been times where I thought I would but..." Britt looks down. She had at times thought of marrying Fidel. Sometimes she would envision what their wedding would look like, what their kids would look like. Their names, the smiles, the burial plots. Britt couldn't really imagine a life without him, but marriage didn't seem to be something that would work well with them. Maybe she was just afraid. "Baby I don't want to talk about this anymore... Marriage is... I'm not engaged so this isn't even a conversation worth having." The girl bites her lip, her pager starts vibrating, screaming at her. Britt lets go of Fidel's hand. The girl looks at the black pager, "It looks like I might be called in later. A few of the paramedics in my department haven't been answering their pages. It's like they dropped off the face of the earth, you know?" Britt sighs.

Aato Aato

Fidel

"Hey, hey, Brittany," he threw an arm around her shoulders and gave her a little squeeze. "No need to get stressed out; I was just chit-chatting, tossing ideas around..." He grinned widely in attempt to offer reassurance. When she moved to tend to her pager, he let his arm fall. "It's okay if you have to go later; I'll be able to keep myself occupied." He chuckled. "But I'm also sure Ciro wouldn't mind having me home. Plus, I think Matías was trying to come over later," he referenced his younger brother. "If there's anything I can do for you, though, let me know," his accented voice spoke while his arm returned to her, this time resting loosely around her waist.
______

RozieRawrs RozieRawrs
(*Going to try to write more in upcoming replies.*)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back