• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Sword of Rome

nevermore0714

Three Eyed Crow
Hey, I made a casual RP that I'm trying to create a full backstory for. I may have gone a little overboard in the details of what I posted in the main post under "futuristic rps", but the devil's in the details. I've been trying to practice in world building by creating a full universe of stories, characters, various species, and religions; so I was hoping I could explore it a bit and get more detail by making an RP out of it. I hope it gets at least a few members, and I will try to keep an eye on this as often as possible. If you join and don't like any religion, species, or planet, feel free to make a new one in the OOC tab and I'll probably add it into the canon.

The current RP takes place on the warship of a fellow who uses genetic augmentation as a weapon.

Thanks for your time.

Thousands of years after the invention of space travel, humanity has expanded, successfully colonizing 94 planets in the known universe. Early on in the expedition, when only five planets were controlled by humanity, on a New Year’s Day holiday, a few of the most powerful members of the human race formed a small council to act as representatives, one for each planet in the “Universal League”, as the planets that had been colonized became known. Each representative ruled for life, the first being whoever the council chose as governor for the new colony; once a second colony is formed on the same planet, the governor awarded the position would be chosen by the council, but until a second colony was formed, the position would go to the previous governor’s chosen successor, usually a relative. This council decided on laws for the entirety of humanity to abide by, which planets would be colonized, and where the colonization will begin.

The day the Council was formed was known as the beginning of a new era: “1 January 0001 AL”; “AL” being short for “After the League”. As more planets were explored, it became an ethical and philosophical crisis as humanity met more and more sentient creatures. By the year 0207 AL, all sentient races were welcome to join the League, with a few aliens being members of the council; this was greeted with annoyance by many humans and outright hostility by some.

By 0239 AL, it reached a boiling point and two of the fifteen planets in the league erupted in sudden civil war, led by secessionists who desired to establish their own league as a rival to the original. Unfortunately for the secessionists, the thirteen loyalist planets vastly outmatched them, leading to their defeat after a year-long series of skirmishes and volleys of missiles onto the major cities of the rebellious planets.

During the 0300s, the League citizens became more and more comfortable with the species diversity, with Pope Jonathan I declaring that all sentient life are welcome to join the priesthood; and the 0400s saw the racism become nearly non-existent among citizens, their hatred directed towards a new enemy: the Dodecas. The Dodecas are a race of spider-like creatures: the main body is covered in thick hair of varying colors on a pale pink body, but the creatures have no head and the only sensory organs are the twelve bony legs with two joints along the legs. However, the Dodecas main weapons are their ability to act as the head of a hive mind of individual living creatures just by being within a certain distance of them and dominating their minds.

In 0500 AL, the Prometheans were founded; a group of genetic engineers who would dedicate their lives to understanding and using genetic information. By 0667, the Promethean leader declared that his “Promethean Database” was complete and was capable of being used in the war.

The war continued for several centuries, finally ending around the 1200s AL, with the last major attack from Dodecas being recorded in 1232 AL.

It is currently the standard time of 1 April 3500 AL.

You are a new recruit, and after a short few years of education, you were lucky enough to be recruited into the Prometheans, working under an alien of the Heisslander race who goes by the name Marius, aboard the Sword of Rome, a large Promethean warship.

Will you be a loyal crew member aboard the warship? Will you work with or against your captain? Will you strive for peaceful interactions with other creatures, or aim to harm them, only using them to gain data and destroy? As a student of the Prometheans, you have more resources and choices than many League citizens could ever dream of having; how will you use this opportunity?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back