• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sword & Glory

Helhena could feel the glower against her back as she proceeded to fetch her sweet wine but rather than react to it with her own she simply turned around and leaned on the counter top with a beaming grin toward the dwarf. "All of it? eh that would be a good trick dwarf" she stated simply and clearly amused that her presence cause him some amount of concern. Taking a larger sip of the wine The elf was surprised at just how sweet it was...usually in rundown taverns like this the wine was more bitter than sweet. Helhena stared into her mug pleasantly. How excellent her mood was already recovering after stepping food in this dreaded town.

She raised a dark eyebrow at the other fellow's dare toward her and simply let out a soft low chuckle while shaking her head "Oh no no no i shall stick to my wine" she raised up her flagon "As a rule i do not get drunk in the company of strangers" or ever but she added that part to herself. A drunk assassin was an easy target and sloppy, And a sloppy assassin was a dead one. Quite frankly Helhena wasn't prepared to be dead just yet she had quite a bit left to do. "I shall leave all the drinking to you to fellow's you both seem to be making a good job of it already." she stated simply referring to him and the dwarf. For a moment though her attention was stolen as she watched the beggar girl answer, the anger that entered her eyes was apparent however she was more surprised by the small flame the girl created...well hoe interesting..hmm she would keep eyes in that one.7

@Veyd Sahvoz @Varvarus @Sharkiee

The ale passed his lips, splashing against his throat. Not a moment spent on his tongue; the stale ale of this roadside tavern was no flavor worth testing.

Bertilak slammed his now-empty mug against the bar and blindly waved at the tender to fetch him another fill. Moments passed. The mug stayed empty. Bertilak raised a lazy eye to see the barkeep staring down a floozy elf with hair pink as a newborn baby's rear end.

Is she threatening my barkeep? Bertilak shifted towards them in his seat, the sword on his belt hanging forward, hilt protruding.

He was watching carefully for any movement, so he did not miss the subtle spark dancing across the elf's fist. Magic. A breath hissed in through his teeth. Somberly, his eyes followed her 'til she sat by the fire. The flaming rose preserve me. He stood, dropping coins on the barside as he did, and crossed the tavern to her, never moving his gaze from the back of her head.

These things always seemed to happen when you least expected it. Bertilak was on call to the temple in the next city. The roads were well-regulated; he expected no trouble. He wanted none. If he had his way, he'd be heading to his cot now with an ale-warmed stomach, but that was impossible now. No follower of Erobaty could let a mage go unchecked.

"Hail, elf," he called cheerily, squatting down beside her. "What brings a pretty lass like you here? Do you travel without company?"

@Sharkiee

Psysha kept her eyes on her glass, a man had joined her at her table, elf.. how did he notice, she reached a hand up lazily to find her hood had fallen upon entering the tavern. Sheepishly she drew her eyes up to look at the man, giving him a nodded greeting, pulling her hood back over her hair.

"I don't travel..." she broke her silence, did this man seriously think she was a traveller. "I wander, and yes... the less fortunate don't gather in groups.." she took a large mouthful of ale, swallowing it quietly, "too many mouths to feed" she shifted nervously, maybe he had seen her slip up, her hands slid down under the table, incase she were to slip up again.

@Killigrew

Not a word she said would he believe, but he could act as though he did. Shaking his head in apparent sympathy, Bertilak took a chair immediately beside her and extended a hand towards her mug.

With a half smile, he gently said, "You're not well off, and you spend your coin on ale instead of bread? Elobaty teaches us to be wise with little."

Bertilak drew out his purse and from it two silver pieces, which he held out to her.

"For a room and hot meal to eat," but he did not let her take it yet. "Ah, ah, see, you must be willing to do what I ask in return." He checked her for a reaction, seeking in her eyes whether she was desperate or yet still proud on her beggaring.

@Sharkiee

She toyed the idea of taking the coin from the stranger, her slender fingers clenching together under the table. "Sometimes a numb night is better than a full stomach" psysha frowned as she reached for her mug once again, taking a mouthful of ale.

She placed the mug down quietly, her brown eyes shifting from coin to person, "and what exactly must I do?" Psysha shifted, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, "I don't know what you take me for... but I do not pleasure for coin" Her eyes squinting at the man, "I would rather freeze" Her hands burnt on her lap, trying her hardest to simmer down.

@Killigrew

Kythia groaned, rolling aside in her suite at one of the most expensive inns in Eagle Clan. Had she not closed the window after the night before..? Sunlight leaked into her room, illuminating the moderately sized suite in all it's beauty. Red wooden furniture, a hardwood floor, and a comfortable bed with a sheet containing a pattern diamonds and as many different shades over it as pure white snow; Only one. It was nice, especially compared the patchwork the girl had grown up with. With great reluctance she got up from her beckoning bed, departing with the covers despite knowing that it might be the last time she felt something so soft in a long time. She almost wanted to take her knife and cut a piece off of it, to keep a memento of her first victory in a clan-wide competition. Sure, it was only those of her fighting style; But that meant she was better than all the others! She deserved to feel a bed like this every night.. But that wasn't the reality of things, no matter how much she wished it was. Kythia bathes and dresses herself only a few moments later, feeling now both clean and awake for her day to brag to her order about her she was now the regional champion of the 'Flow' fighting style.. Oh. Wait a moment.

Bear clan. Londor. Missing.

The words echoed through the brunette's head. She had received a mission to track down one of the priests of her temple to make sure his visit to bear clan went alright. Londor was supposed to be back two days prior, and she received the mission last night. The night of the tournament finale. She couldn't bring herself to leave before her inevitable victory.. Of course, the only logical course of action was to stay an extra night. But now that night was over, and Kythia was adorned in her steel travelling garb; A crimson flair following each step.

She was leaving just like that.

It's not like there was anyone to say goodbye to anyways.

The road between Eagle clan and Bear clan was not always an easy one, however. If she was going to go at all, it may as well have been with company that payed. Company being any job at all that didn't make her want to cut the people she was working with to pieces. Guarding a merchant caravan would be nice.. They were slow, but make for good pay and were relatively safe when you were among other guard. Unless caught by surprise, she figured that might be her best rate of survival on her journey. As if by a stroke of luck, she found one; Only moments before leaving. A short talk with the owner ensued, and she accepted to be payed at half price. They were already fully guarded, apparently. At least any trolls they found would have a couple targets before they got to her..

Her company was of two races, the ones two hired her being dwarves who sold steel and tools between clans. This she had no problem with, and she told herself that she could ignore the fact that some of them were atheist. After all, they were paying her. Many of the other guards accompanying her were like her - Human worshippers of the Eternal Flame. Why they might be going to bear clan was beyond her, but in truth she hardly cared bout that; Only that that were going. With that they departed, seven guards in all to three dwarven traders - Four oxen carrying two caravans across the country. The next step was of course, to wait until she arrived.

This is an open invitation for anyone in eagle clan that wants to accompany me to bear clan and join the caravan. Non filled slots will go to NPC human Eagle Clan members and worshippers of the Eternal Flame. I'll give anyone who wants to join some time to catch up if they need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
She wanted the coin. She didn't want him to know she did, but it was an easy tell; shifting in her seat, fidgeting with her hair, trying to keep her hands out of sight. How like a criminal seen with their hands all red. A fitting analogy, too.

When she mentioned prostitution, Bertilak snorted before he could stop himself. He wagged a finger under her nose, tutting. "Assumptions like that are accusation to a man in high standing. Take care before you speak, I implore you."

Tapping the silver against the table, Bertilak returned to the task at hand. "Two silver for a work worthy of two silver -- Charity is a fool's errand after all, I'll not throw my coin to a useless beggar."

"So, tell me, can you tether a horse? Or lead it to water?"

Without sparing a breath for her answer, Bertilak carried on to his request. "There's a pool of water in the forest just behind the tavern. I've heard that the pool restores the spirit of a tired horse if you bring it there thrice on the night of a full moon. Do that for me," he showed her the coins again with flourish. "And the silver is yours by right."

@Sharkiee

"I don't plan on 'drinking this place dry' like the dwarf." Replied Braxis, chugging half of his pint with his helm still on. His helmet covered his entire head, most of it at least, his eyes nose and mouth were still partially visible. He was actually surprised that no one asked him about his odd attire and eyes, guess that was a good thing they didn't since they'd likely think him a lich if he explained it to them or removed his helm for that matter. Damn followers of Erobaty hating anyone not following their gods. Bunch of religious fanatics they were in his opinion, hating and killing people who worship some other diety for no logical reason was the partial reason he didn't follow any god or gods. That and he simply did not believe in any of them.

The Order of the Flaming Rose were fools and murders to him, but then again why should he care about it in the first place. I'm starting to sound like my father... He mused to himself while chugging down the other half of his mug of ale, continuing to get some more as he planned to finish off the entire barrell. Come to think of it he should be going soon, head to the next town then North. Why he was headed there was to meet an old friend and head off to one of the clans, maybe join one for once and choose a side... Bah, I'm not in my right mind to be thinking such nonsense.

@Lola Shimmer @Varvarus

"Well ain't ye twa th' most chatty, fellas. Loosen up will ye. I'm a dwarf above ground, we're all queer folk here. Tight as an elf ye lot is." Duzz stretched out removing his helm and placing it next to him, he lit his pipe then placed it in his mouth. He began puffing out clouds of smoke, like a broken chimney pipe. He began interchanging between his pipe and the beer, soon the air around Duzz would be smokey and it would begin encroaching on the rest of the tavern. He stretched back seeming extremely relaxed as he puffed out smoke rings and chugged beer.

@Veyd Sahvoz @Lola Shimmer

Helhenna let out another chuckle "Mores the pity in a place like this you might need to drink it dry just to forget the smell" The wood elf pointed out. The place already smelt foul with old sweat of bodies that were probably pressed in here night after night, stale ale, something she couldn't quite distinguish and of course the smell of now drying blood. All entirely present. She looked the fellow over that spoke to her and decided that he had an awfully strange appearance but she had been all over and was surprised by very little these days. Anyways if she started questioning him about how he looked she may draw attention to her own appearance and she intended to slip in and out of this town like a ghost. Helhenna drained the dregs of the sweet wine from her mug and decided she would have one more before hitting the road...after all she had places to be and people to poison. The elf would make sure she done this job well and swiftly. She done every job well but the money for this one was good, in fact it was the only reason she came back home.

Helhena was pulled from such murderous thoughts when the Dwarf spoke up again she the woman raised her head and eyed him when he joked about himself and then the elf race. That raised her lips into a smirk...oh if only you knew she thought her hood still firmly placed upon her head. Having refilled her flagon she walked into the mass of smoke the dwarf was creating and sat herself at the table. "Well then above ground dwarf, why don't you give us all something to talk of then?" she set her drink on the table and leaned back in her chair, an eyebrow raised in expectation. "What is an earth dweller doing all the way up here?"

@Veyd Sahvoz @Varvarus

"Aye, that be a fair question." Duzz chews the end of his pipe for a bit. "I suppose ye best answer would be wanderlust, there comes a point in most dwarves lives where they ken no more stand just shovelin' rocks and go off and learn sommin'. In my case it wer fightin' an' readin'." Duzz would look into Helhenna's eyes as she sat trying to get a read on her. He puffed out a passable smoke ring before taking another swig from his ale. He still had a bad feeling about this girl, in his bones. "What about you lass, hidin' yer head an' all that an' nae bein' scared oh two armed men in a bloody room. Most be some life for a lass not to be bothered by that."

@Lola Shimmer

He could agree with what the Dwarf had to say, for him it was the need for battle not staying stuck with his family and training. He needed to see the land and learn on his own and fight powerful foes worthy of fighting, for the glory of battle, plus he was the eldest son of the Navdrach's so once his family was gone the legacy would die with him and he planned on dying at the hands of a worthy opponent or a battlefield. That was what he wanted. It appeared the Elf and Dwarf were having a nice chat, he could sense that the distrust they both had for each other but cared little of it, so he would have to likely join in but not until he had finished his current mug. What was this, his seventh? He couldn't remember. Turning his chair he looked over at them both and joined in on the chat for the moment, even though the three of them had just met not but a few moments ago and they were already chatting while finishing off some of the remainders of the tavern's ale and wine.

"Indeed. I must say though, it wasn't either of us who had caused it. Some swordsman *gulp* had caused a ruckus and scared everyone off, five men in total and he took them all on alone. I could tell none of them knew how to fight properly *gulp*" Braxis explained, filling up what would be his ninth mug of ale. At the rate he was drinking it the keg was near empty and that would signify his time to leave. As he said; 'Can't leave a drink behind.' That might've been a good thing since he had the chance to convene with a bunch of other mysterious characters whom he had not even asked of there names and could care less to ask about since he would be leaving shortly anyways.

Naumon grabbed the Leshen head, then mounted Kelpie.

The Beast Hunter finally arrived back at the village to collect his reward. The village elder wasn't there, it was an Eagle Clan soldier waiting and Naumon tossed the Leshen head that was hung on Kelpie's side. "I knew you Beast Hunters wouldn't scorn imperial gold. Tough hunt?" the soldier tossed a large coin purse.

"Tougher than yours."
Naumon replied. Three other Eagle Clan soldiers were beating a Bear Clan woman, most likely a follower of Vacrigar. But it wasn't Naumon's place to interfere in the war, but Naumon knew Skard would do something, he knew how much he hated the Eternal Fire and its followers.

She let out a sigh, her eyes lingered on the coin, it didn't seem like a bad offer, although she had never worked with horses in her life, Psysha had not eaten properly in weeks, and the guards were starting to get suspicious of her and her loitering. "You want me to look after your horse?" Psysha glared at him for a moment, "as long as that's all..." she pulled herself up from the table, grabbing her drink as she did. "Where will I find said horse?" she turned looking at the man with a hand on her hip, she waited for an answer as she finished off her drink, placing it down on the table loudly.

@Killigrew

(sorry it's short, been moving house)

"My horse is in the stables behind the tavern," Bertilak said, standing. "I'll take you to him."

A short walk from the tavern to the stables, a short exchange with the stable boy, and the speckled grey stallion was before them, pawing its front hoof impatiently.

Bertilak ushered the elf ahead of him, indicating with impatience that she should unlock the stall and meet his horse. It may have taken some effort, but once her back was turned, his hand fell to his sword.

If you ever meet a good mage, kill it quickly before it turns bad.

The old saying, the wise saying. He knew it well. The danger of the mage; it was not the power as some thought, just as the position of king was not evil. The problem was the corruptible person, whose tainted heart took every opportunity to spread sorrow to every living thing they met. If men without magic had the heart to be a horror, then surely men with magic had the heart to be worse.

The sword slid silently from its sheath, for fur cushioned its exit. The blade touched his shoulder, and then, swinging swiftly, he cut towards the elf's neck with every intention of lobbing off her head.

@Sharkiee

Psysha could feel something in the air, a sudden tension making the hair on the back of her neck stand, the stallion in front of her seemed to take a few steps backwards, as to give something room. She turned her head ever so slightly to see the mans shadow from the candle lit stables, it's stance showing the slow and steady movements. Her hands clenching at her side, furious that her trust had been abused and herself being taken advantage of, she dropped to the floor moving out of the way of the blade as he swung at her. "W-w-what...what the hell are you doing?" she gasped from the floor moving herself away from the man, her hands burnt as she moved, the tips of her fingers sparking, "I have done nothing to deserve this.." she begged, she knew exactly what he was doing, she had slipped up, just like her mother had done, she blinked back tears, if he continued she had no other choice.

@Killigrew

Flames take him, he missed! A snarl cut across his features as he regarded the elf fallen at his feet. How had she known?

It was a waste of his time, and a foolish waste, to even spend a moment letting her cry about how innocent she was. Spite filled him to look at her. Did she really think his dedication to Erobaty so weak that a few feigned tears could stop him?

The sword was solid in his hand. In a single movement, Bertilak made to stomp his foot down on the elf's chest and pin her even as his arm swung the blade again.

@Sharkiee

Psysha gasped for air, the stomp had winded her enough to break her concentration, the sword being on the move again towards her, she reached for the dagger she kept in her boot. Gripping the handle tightly she drew it, in one smooth movement she moved the dagger up and into his calf. The boot moved from her chest, allowing air flow back into her lungs, she gulped in the air as she rolled onto her front. Psysha pushed herself to her feet staring back at the man with gritted teeth, She waved her hand at him and a circle of fire appeared around him to hold him still and not follow her, she hoped.

She turned on her heel running for the door of the stables, pulling her hood back over her head as she ran. Psysha didn't look back, she kept running, passing the tavern and out into the town.

@Killigrew

It seemed like no matter what precautions he took, the elf would find a way out. As though some demonic force preserved her rotten soul, she managed to draw a knife on him and stab it in before his sword could reach her neck.

The leg gave out under his weight as the knife sank in. As though delayed, the pain, sharp and relentless, blossomed after. Bertilak groaned aloud.

A flurry of motion; the elf escaped. He spat at her retreating back.

She made a gesture, and Bertilak flinched. Fire arced a ring around him, blazing high, briefly intimidating. Falling as quickly as it had erupted, the flames spread wide, gobbling across the hay, grasping at the dry wood walls.

Black smoke billowed against his face, and with just one breath, it clutched thickly to his throat. Coughing, bleary-eyed, Bertilak staggered against the stall, feeling for the tie. Within, his horse stomped and whinnied, the eyes rolling in panic.

"Oh, get over it," he managed. To his own ears, his voice sounded strange; cracked and rusty.

Finding the knot, he pulled and the horse rushed out, galloping wide of Bertilak and into the wood beyond.

Fire so thickly coated the stables now that with one leg, there was no way he'd make it through. Gritting his teeth, Bertilak bent to his leg, and, bracing the muscle with one hand, he tore out the knife with his other. Blood spread over the wound in an instant.

He threw the blade into the flames and, forcing his wounded limb to obey, Bertilak sprinted for the door. Tongues of fire caught his tunic and the hem of his trousers, yet before they could reach farther, Bertilak batted them away.

"Sir! What is this? What has happened?"

Sitting on the stool beside the burning stables with eyes wide as saucers, the stable boy called out, utterly dumbfounded.

"It was that beggar-elf," Bertilak grimaced. "And her magic."

The stable boy gasped. "How can this be?"

"It is what it is." Bertilak waved him off. "Go! Get a bucket, tame the flames. I'll deal with this."

Limping, spots of blood dripping with every jostling step, Bertilak made for the wood and whistled for his horse.

He did not expect to be able to find that elf again, but he would ensure her face was known to every guardsman in the vicinity.

Helhena was just sat lounging back in her chair comfortably and sipped at the sweet wine in her mug as the dwarf talked. The woman looked to be very relaxed and not at all worried about her surroundings, Now to a point that was true..she was indeed relaxed a she felt no threat here at least not any she couldn't handle. As for what was going on around her Helhena paid acute attention to anything that moved or was new from when she first entered she just didn't make it obvious. "Ah so it would seem that you are an adventurer dwarf?" she stated with a smirk and one that only grew upon the comment toward her. Draining the dregs of her cup she imply placed it on the table. The wood elf's head tilted her so slightly in the direction of the other man when he joined in their conversation before she just shrugged her shoulder. "Well who say's im hiding anything with my hood..it simply is a cold day and i might chill easy...besides one never knew when the rain may start in these parts" was her answer to that one.

Helhena shifted in her seat somewhat so she could lean her elbows on the table and she looked at the dwarf across from her "And well i see no blood on you or this fellow so that tells me you had no part in making this mess...what do i have to fear?" she asked and raised an eyebrow in question "Ain't no reason to be scared of a man just cause he is armed..most people are these days, You aren't going to give me reason to be dubious are you dwarf? sometimes a girl just needs a drink"

@Veyd Sahvoz @Varvarus

"Thars a load I' shit un' no mistake. If ye think you foolin' anyone with that trite ye got another thing commin'. Nae a hint o' sense there. Naeone wears a hood in doors, unless that person be wantin' to hide sommin'." Duzz reached down to his side and hefted the axe over his shoulder letting it rest there. Now almost cradling his axe as he smoked and drank he leaned towards Helhena. His bushy eyebrows were furrowed clearly annoyed at being taken for a fool. Duzz had emptied his keg and his mug was now empty, the rich smoke from his pipe hung around the three. "I would prefer if ye were honest with us. Tis' a great sign oh disrespect to lie over drinks."

@Lola Shimmer

Helhena sat perfectly still and regarded the dwarf infront of her with a flat expression giving nothing away. The smirk had left her face quickly and she now sat blank. When the weapon was first lifted she broke eye contact only for a second to asses it and whether it was meant as a threat or not. For now she decided on not and went back to staring at the man after he called her out. It was tense for a while as she sat there not moving and unresponsive to his words. The she stood swiftly up and put her hands on her hips towering over the table among the smoke...but just when it seemed she had taken offense at such words and was going to do something about it....the elf began to laugh. A full belly laugh where she almost doubled over in too "Oh my" she chuckled and wiped at her eyes...she laughed for afew seconds more before pulling herself together and went from all out laughter to a dull chuckle. The wood elf reached up and flicked her hood back with ease to reveal the pointed ear that twitched slightly.

With a smirk she picked up her mug "You dwarf are funny. i like it" she stated simply and headed carefully to the bar encase either men though it would be a smart move to take to her race unkindly. "I like someone who call out things they don't like" the woman declared and filled her cup before once more taking her seat at the table. She waved the smoke from around her and took a sip before casting them both a look that clearly read Well do we have an issue?

@Varvarus

Duzz lent back relaxing, puffing out a few gouts of smoke. "Well tha' all makes sense then. Wood Elf, no wonder ye were being so sneaky. People giving you an 'ard time?" The axe is still kept resting on his shoulder and would appear extremely mundane and well worn. He dips his mug into the keg once more and when it comes up empty he tuts. He gives a quick glance at Braxis trying to gauge his reaction to Helhena. After which he continues to smoke his pipe watching Helena. His bones still grumbled that he'd dare drink with an Elf but he was better than that, so he sat and watched chewing his pipe end and smoking.

@Lola Shimmer @Veyd Sahvoz

Selah moved his head as he walked to the hum of his own voice, it was an old hymm he learned from back then when he was just a child. He moved along the soft forest floor as the gras brushed into the leather hide boots he wore. It has been a long time since he traveled this close to the city. Once ago in the past he had to make a trip out to the city from the mountains he resided in for the past ten years. It was his home the place he enjoyed and the place he loved. He always felt at peace there and in control.

For the past ten years selah has resided in the fangs of the moon. The fangs was a term the ancients used to call the mountain caves that lines the base of the mountains. They were a spiritual place that often had many forms of extravagent life during the evening and beautiful plants that blossomed during the day. Selah sighed stopping his humming. He travelled before and usually tried to make his ventures quick mainly when he needed supplies that he couldnt get otherwise in the mountains like water containers and cooking stones. They were things he could get in the wilderness but it took alot more effort than he would enjoy from it. He learned once to distill his own liquor but it tasted like trash so he stuck with the local spiriters and brewers of the towns. The meals he had mainly contained preserved meats, cheeses, and vegitables he got by using the towns vinegar and salts to properly preserve the foods he would collect during the off season months, the clothing he would wear cut from hides of deer that roamed all over the foothills of the mountains.

It was a 2 day walk to town, he made great time by himself, well kind of by himself. But mainly he would try to hit 10 miles a day which would take 2 days to reach the town, stay a night in the local inn, taking a few jobs to create some revenue along with trading of metals and jewels he had locally to his home in the Fangs of the Moon. Overall, he had it down to a system. His cloak brushed softly in his hair with each step as he walked from the fine threads in the cloak that was fastened to his shoulder plates, They were bought in town, off a trader from another town almost 6 months ago. They were proven to be a clean cut of steal as they had very little damage from the battles he did happen to partake in during that time. 'Good craftmanship.' he thought in his head.

As Selah moved through the path toward the town he began to let out another hymm, this time it showed itself in the form of a whistle.

The day was hot and dry, not that Durrag did not like the heat, it was just that he was not used to it growing up in the North and all. The sun beat down on his back and neck sending a pleasant feeling though his body that made him want nothing more than lay in the grass and sleep. All in all it was a great day to be alive and be out in the world free of distractions created by others. But unfortunately distractions always have a way of finding their way into ones day. It was at this point that Durrag stopped in his tracks, something was off he could smell it.

Crouching low in the trees that surrounded him, his 6ft 7in 320lbs form not being hidden by the foliage in the least, he examined some tracks at his feet. They where the reason he was here, he was tracking a bear that had killed six villagers in the last three days, the bear was a menace that needed to be stopped. He did not do this for gold or for glory, he found gold to be a very arbitrary thing that people put to much value on though he was never without some in case he needed, and he had had his fill of glory more times than he could count to the point that it no longer held any purpose to him anymore. Rising, he headed off to follow the tracks they lead him to a small clearing on the side of a hill, on the hill was a cave. Staying on the fringe of the forest Durrag readied for the fight, he removed his top leaving him shirtless, and put his weapons on the ground next to his shirt. The reason he fought without weapons or shirt was that this was an animal, it was not corupted like men and deserved to die like an animal, and who was Durrag to rob that of his enemy.

Once he was ready, Durrag walked out of the forest and into the open, he was an impressive sight, 6ft 7in and full of muscle that rippled with anticipation of what was to come. Durrag walked up in front of the cave and let out a bellow that echoed of the hill and scared the birds from their nests. A second passed before the bear emerged from the cave, it was massive and covered with scars, with a roar it charged intent on killing whatever had woken it from slumber. Smiling at the bear Durrag rushed forward to meet the bear, just before they met in the middle Durrag dropped down and slid under the bear as it leapt at him. This put Durrag behind the bear, twisting on to his stomach as he skid, once he was clear of the bear he pushed up off the ground on to his feet, with a leap he jumped on to the back of the bear and got it into a head lock as he started to cut off its air supply. Enraged that is was so easily fooled, the bear bellowed and stomped around trying to throw its luggage off, but Durrag held on, he bear found its way to a tree and attempted to slam Durrag into the tree. Durrag saw what was coming and switched his grip accordingly, as the bear threw him against the tree, Durrag jumped up and braced his feet on the tree that was meant to crush him. With a mighty shove, Durrag threw himself over the bear and in front of it, with his modified grip he was able to keep a hold of the bear, and using his momentum he brought the bears head down on his shoulder, breaking the bears neck.

Letting go, the bear flopped down behind him, dead. Leaving it there, he went and retrieved his gear and got back on the road. He did not need to travel far before he saw the town that he was heading to, he was enjoying the sun again but that did not distract him from what lay a head. On the road in front of him was someone that he had not seen in a good many years, Selah. Raising his hands to cup around his mouth he called to his friend, "SELAH YOU SCOUNDREL" the words where like a cannon shot the echoed for awhile.

@tammynorthland

Users who are viewing this thread

Back