• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Sword and Chains

Drew let go of her hand so he could wrap her leg up and get it all set. Drew started to wrap the gauze around her leg being careful not to make it to tight but not to loose. The cream helped the gauze stay in place and make sure they wouldn't fall off. Once wrapped Drew set the gauze on the floor and carefully picked her leg up and stood up and washed his hands in the water bucket and dried his hands off on his pants. "How is it, does it hurt to bad?" Drew asked making sure he did a good job and she was comfortable with it. There was enough cream for maybe a week so he would have to get more in the next city they got to. "Do you wnat to stay and sleep for the night so you can rest and leave tomorrow. I know your hurt so i dont want to rush you. We will do what ever you want to do." Drew said and sat down next to Marley again looking at her making eye contact and taking in the memorizing hazel color of her eyes.

Marley watched him wrap up her aching,throbbing leg.All of the pain would be worth it,she knew it,and she knew that she wouldn't have to do anything that would put more strain on it.He would protect her and wouldn't push her.She knew that,so there was some relief in that.With a sigh,she moved her leg around just a little to make sure the gauze felt alright.When he asked how it was,she shrugged a little,"It's okay...it's throbbing...but I know that that had to be done or it would get much worse..." She thought about what he said next.Even though she knew the trader was dead,she was still scared to stay around the area.However,she felt so exhausted that she wasn't sure if she could handle any traveling.When he sat down beside her,she sat up and looked at him,making and keeping eye contact with him."I don't know...I don't want to stay around here,but I'm so tired..." She told him,sighing afterwards.

"Well its up to you. Im going to take a shower to get the blood of me.You can take a shower after if you want, or would you like to go first?" Drew asked rubbing his chest around a cut that the body guard had given him in there fight down in the main lobby. Marley at least stopped shaking which was good and she seemed to have relaxed a little. Once both of them left and she got more comfortable and started to get use to not being owned she would get better. Drew realized that he had no cart. Now that he had someone with him he would need something else for her to ride in. They both could ride the horse at the same time but he didn't want to hurt her leg some how doing that. Drew decided he would buy a pulling cart for her to lay down and rest in till she could ride her own horse.

Marley nodded before he finished,but then she stopped to think about whether she wanted to go first or not or if she even wanted to shower."I don't know how I would manage...I don't think I can stand on it now..." She told him softly,looking down at her hands.She felt so useless not being able to walk.It hurt too much to put any of her body weight on that leg and she couldn't hop or hobble around.That would just look silly and childish.A shower sounded nice and she could just feel the warm water running down her already,but she was too afraid she would hurt her leg further by taking one.She sighed again and laid her head back against the bed again."Thanks for the offer,though..." She added,glancing at him from her new position.

"Well you can fill the tub up and you can take a bath, and not to be weird or anything but if you need help with that I can but only if you want." Drew said blushing a little. Drew stands up and stretches his arms above his head. "Alright well then i will get a shower out of the way and then when im done depending on what you want to do we will go from there." Drew said and reached in his bag and pulled out a new pair of pants and shirt. He grabbed the bucket of water and smiled at Marley before heading to the bathroom. Drew set the bucket of dirty water by the shower and but his clean clothes on the floor and got undressed and hopped in the shower. He took a quick 5 minute shower and dried of and got dressed. Drew walked back out and set his old clothes down by his bag and sat in the chair by the bed and let out a sigh as he relaxed.

Marley blushed a little bit at what he said,looking off at the ceiling because looking at him at the moment would be awkward right then.A bath sounded like a good idea...she wasn't sure how she felt about him helping her,but she figured she might need his help.Well,she had time to think about it because he was going to take his shower then.While he was in there,she got into a comfortable laying position on the bed and shut her eyes,relaxing.She decided that she did want to take a bath,it might help her relax more,take the tension out of her body a bit.When he came back,she pushed herself up into a sitting position once again and looked over at him."I think I want to take a bath...but I can't walk into there..." She told him quietly,looking down at the bed,biting her lip gently.For some reason she felt awkward saying that.

Drew sat up and nodded. "Alright well i will be carrying you for a while to your leg is better so dont worry about walking anywhere."Drew said then stood up and walked over to her and picked her up carefully and walked to the bathroom. Drew sat her down on the edge of the tub and got the water going but kept his arm around Marley's waist so she wouldn't fall and hurt herself. The bath was finally filled and Drew turned the water off. "Alright well I will let you get undressed then i will help you in." Drew said and let her go and turned around so she could get undressed.

Marley smiled a little bit when he told her she wouldn't have to worry about walking for a while.It was very nice that he didn't mind carrying her around.That was probably what brought the smile to her face.When he picked her up,she gritted her teeth as a just in case if her leg somehow happened to get hurt in the process of moving.It didn't,though so that was a good thing.Once in the bathroom,she bit her lip a little.She knew she would have to get undressed and he would probably see her,but after what happened before that was probably the least of her worries of the night.When he turned around,she carefully took her clothes off,making sure she wouldn't fall off of the side of the tub of put any weight of pressure on her leg."Alright," she told him when she was ready.

Drew turned around and looked down trying not to look at her to make her feel uncomfortable. Drew carefully picked her up again and set her in the tub carefully. Drew made sure he injured leg was out of the water and on the edge of the tub so it wouldn't get wet. Once she was in Drew stood up and dried his hands off. "Alright do you need anything else or do you want me to wait out there till your done so i can get you out?" Drew asked as he handed her soap and a rag. Drew noticed how skinny and mistreated she had been when he picked her up. Drew was glad he killed the slave trader. Drew would have to Marley eat a lot till she was a good weight again.

Marley appreciated him trying to not look at her.It made her feel more comfortable and respect him more,too.The fact that he was trying to not look at her made her feel less awkward when he picked her up because she knew he had to see her then.When he handed her soap and a rag,she took it and shook her head in response to what he said."No,I'm good...thank you," she told him,giving him a small,yet grateful smile.She was still very much shaken up,but she could at least smile now and she was only shaking a little bit to where it just seemed like she was cold.

Drew nodded and headed back to the room and sat on the bed. He picked up his sword and unstethed it and proceeded to clean it and sharpen the blade again. He also checked his armour to make sure it was in good condition. Drew sat on the bed and lied down and looked at the ceiling and taking a deep breath. He wondered if Marley would ever be comftable around him and open up and relax. He hoped so. Drew wanted to make her smile and happy and show her that there was a happier life out there for her.

Marley sighed and shut her eyes for a minute,trying to get herself to relax.She tried her hardest to not think about what happened and to just get her mind to silence itself,to just focus on the current relaxing situation.She didn't want her shakes and trembles to come back.After a little bit,she started to clean herself up,something she hadn't been able to do in months.In fact,she couldn't remember the last time she was able to take a bath to really clean herself.A couple times the trader would make them go in a pond or something just to try to take away any stench,but that wasn't much.When she finally finished,she sighed softly and called,"Could you help me again?" She felt really awkward that she had to have help getting out of a bath,but she knew she was worthless until she could safely put weight on her leg again.

Drew heard Marley calling for his help. Drew stood up and set his sword down under the bed and walked in to the bath room. Drew kept his eyes somewhat down so he couldn't see her. Drew reached in the bath and reached under her and picked her up out of the bath. Drew set her down on the stool in the bath room he brought in for her. Drew looked down and stepped back. "Here's a towel and a change of my clothes for you till I can buy you more. When every your dressed and ready I will carry you back out."

Marley bit her little bit when he came in,feeling awkward for multiple reasons.One that she didn't have any clothes on,two that she had to have him help her out of the bathtub,and three that she had to have him help her when she wasn't dressed.It did help again that he tried to look down and not look at her.Once he helped her out and onto a stool,she took the towel and clothes and said softly,"Thank you..." When he left,she dried herself off and put the clothes on,thankful to finally be out of those rags she had on before.It was amazing that slave trader made any money because he never presented them in a way to make them look good."I'm ready," she called to him when she was finally ready.

Drew entered the bath room again and this time didn't look down when he walked in and was glad he didn't. Marley looked good. Her hair had a nice shine to it and her skin looked soft and shiny after a fresh bath. Drew lifted her up and carried her back out and set her on the bed. Drew sat in the chair and looked at Marley. "Did the bath help? Are you feeling somewhat better. Also there's only one bed so you can have it and I will sleep on the floor."

Marley gave him a small smile when he came in.Despite all that happened earlier,she felt happy.She was all cleaned up and in fresh clothes,something she didn't think was possible hours before when the trader still owned her.Her leg still ached,but it helped that her mind was occupied with something else,such as her clean state.Once in the bed,she tried to find a comfortable position and just ended up on her back.She nodded first to respond to his question,then said,"I do...a lot better.Thank you..." Then she paused to think about what he said last."But...you shouldn't sleep on the floor..." She told him quietly,fiddling with a lock of her now soft hair.

Drew was glad she was feeling better. She has been through so much and Drew just wanted to make her better. Drew stood up and stretched. "It's okay really you can have the bed. I have slept on plenty of floors." Drew said and set his bag down as a pillow and his cloak as a blanket.

Marley frowned a little,feeling bad that he would be sleeping on the hard floor just so she could have the bed.She honestly still felt like she was his slave.It was hard to comprehend that she was free.So it really felt strange that he would take the floor for her when any other time it would have been the other way around."I feel bad about it,though..." She told him quietly,looking down rather than at him.She bit her lip gently.

Drew shook his head. "You don't have to. You need room for your leg and after all you have been through I don't want to sleep next to you if it will make you uncomfortable." Drew said and sat down on the floor where he would sleep.

Marley sighed softly,thinking about it all for a little bit."But I'd rather you not sleep on the floor...I know how uncomfortable it is..." She told him quietly,her voice nearly a whisper,her gaze on the ground by where he sat.She knew it very well.If it wasn't the floor she was forced to sleep on,it was the ground,and neither was comfortable in her opinion.

"I'm only going to sleep on the floor for your comfort. I don't want to put you in a situation you don't want to be in. If you really don't want me to and your fine with sharing then I will sleep on the bed but only if you tell me it's fine." Drew said and sat up waiting to hear her answer.

Marley thought about that even more.She knew he wouldn't hurt her and there would be enough room to where her leg wouldn't be in any kind of danger,if it could be called that."I-I'm okay with it...I don't want you to sleep on the floor," she told him softly,giving him a little nod afterwards to confirm what she said.

"Alright if your okay with it I won't sleep on the floor." Drew said and stood up and pushed his bag and cloak under the bed. Drew walked to the other side of the bed and climbed under the blankets. "If you ever want me to get out because it's getting uncomfortable let me know."

Marley watched him as he pushed his things under the bed and came around to get it.She moved a little bit as he got under the covers,wishing she could,but figuring it would bother her leg somehow."Alright,I will," she told him with a nod before snuggling with the pillow,loving the feel of it cushioning her head.It'd been forever since she'd slept with a pillow."Thanks for everything today..." She told him quietly.

"Don't mention it. As my new traveling partner we got to look out for each other and I will do everything in my power to protect you." Drew said then turned so his back was to Marley and snuggled up on his pillow and closed his eyes after a long day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back