position: relative;
display: inline-block;
}

.image .intro {
visibility: hidden;
width: 40%;
max-width: 400px;
max-height: 135px;
background: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21770874/swithun/test/70.png') repeat;
color: #000;
text-align: center;
padding: 15px;
border-radius: 6px;
position: absolute;
z-index: 1;
top: 73%;
right: 53%;
text-align: justify;
font-family: 'Lora', serif;
font-size: 11px;
line-height: 15px;
overflow-y: scroll;
color: #681009;
opacity: 0;
transition: all ease-in-out 1.5s;
}

.image:hover .intro {
visibility: visible;
opacity: 1;
}

.intro::-webkit-scrollbar {
display: none;}

2.png
Hello, and welcome to Swithun, a small casual roleplay based around Fantasy Life and Rune Factory/Harvest Moon. Unfortunately, we are not currently accepting applications, and are only inviting specific persons to the roleplay. Apologies to interested parties, but the GM is unable to handle more intensive duties at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Nano @Birb @Altschmerz

Feel free to invite anyone who you think will be a non-issue

Standard Life Classes:

1. Combat-based

• Paladin
    • Mercenary
    • Hunter
    • Magician
  2. Gatherer

• Woodcutter
    • Miner
    • Angler
  3. Crafting

• Cook
    • Tailor
    • Blacksmith
    • Alchemist
    • Carpenter

Not-so Standard Life Classes (but i think they'd be fun):

1. Royalty / Government

• Prince / Princess
    • Advisor
  2. Random Ones

• Mail Courier
    • Librarian
    • Guildmaster (responsible for keeping logs of one's Life)

Life Ranks (Highest to Lowest)

1. Legend
  2. Hero
  3. Master
  4. Expert
  5. Adept
  6. Apprentice
  7. Fledgling
  8. Novice

We can get rid of a couple of the Standard Life classes if we think they'd be boring (I'm personally for combining mercenary and hunter, and getting rid of woodcutter altogether). We could also add more to the not so standard ones LOL

As for the standard life classes, I'm debating if we should just make anyone above master an NPC unless we have specific character ideas.

The system I had in mind was that people had one main Life and then two sub-classes to assist them. Like how I played the game with Cook as my main life but would switch to Magician and Angler so that I could gather more ingredients.

HEY IT'S LIKE THAT ONE GAME I HAD FOR 3DS

OH IT IS THAT GAME WOW loooool

I'm just going to wave a paw and say yes to NPC's as master classes bc that makes sense. I'm down I'm down I'm down. Everyone I know is v issue & flaky, so it's just me joining. you were even a cook in another life and still, i get nothing.

yeah it's primarily based on fantasy life LOL

so far i'm interested in taking a prince/princess (this is me we're talking about), a fledgling paladin and an alchemist

because taking too many characters is too fun

but i'll probably grab the prince/princess slot first :^)

nano/birb and I talked about it, and we decided on establishing a character limit based on activity

every five posts you get the right to make a new character, so everyone, including moi, starts out with only one

keep praying for my goods u scrub where is your offering to the goddess

yeah, points for me for realizing that before we start

can I call the magician? unless someones dying for it I understand but im dying pls understand

makes sense to me. I'll probably just juggle one for a while, though the courier might be fun. 

sry i dont give celestials freebies

the thing is set up so more than one person can take the same "spot" in the standard life~ they could have different levels and one can mentor the other

or they could work in different areas, like one cook can be in the castle while the other in the local resto

plus you could always have your character have sub-lives

I know my prince (i caved im making a guy) is going to have paladin/merc + angler as his sub bec he's in love with the sea

which reminds me: if we're gonna do something with HM/RF influences, it would probs make sense to add a Farmer to the Gatherer type life?

Probably going for tailor or messenger. Huhuhu *rubs hands together evilly* +u+

Edit: Mail courier not messenger lmao. Just realized what I wrote

oh cool, ill include the sub lives, yeah. just wasn't sure if there were reservations or wah. 

RF im assuming is rune factory? your guys' call idk.

there's a semi-kind of reservation wherein if everyone flocks to certain roles we'll close it

with how few we are I'll probably close it to 2 per life until we start getting more characters

non-standard characters are probs max of 1

2 per life in terms of it's their main life~ I think we can be looser on how many people have it as their sub-life... maybe 4?

and yeah RF is Rune Factory!

if you guys have more ideas for non-standard lives, I don't mind~ I'll have a thread set-up wherein you can ask for certain jobs once I get the HP up and running

So anyway. Some stuff I want definite answers from y'all~

• combine merc with hunter?
  • get rid of woodcutting/mining?
  • have farmer as a standard class?

- combining seems like a good idea. Like scrubs can just be hunter equivalent level (catching animals and stuff) and more advanced can be like a mercenary equivalent

- Maybe woodcutting and mining could be hobbies/NPC classes? Or throw them in with farmer class?

- What exactly do you mean by base class? How they start out? Or a skill that everyone has on varying levels depending on how long they've worked on it?

- Oh and maybe a merchant class? Special NPC probably? Since they would travel a lot and you'd probably like to keep the RP in one town @v@

i'd probably go with a Minor Noblewoman Rather than a Princess. probably a knight errant with more focus on stealth and dirty fighting than a focus on chivalrous sword and board. Ninja were essentially Samurai Who Did Black Ops, so i was considering something similar. a Blackops Grey Knight. Grey Knights being Knights who fight dirty, perform stealth, wear little to no armor, carry small weapons, and primarily focus on gathering intelligence. a Grey Knight whose cover identity happens to be that of an Apothecary's daughter. Grey Knights are to Knights what Ninja are to Samurai. in other words, not front line fighters, but rather, scouts, spies, and assassins who work for the crown in the guise of a less publically known face, often pretending to be of lower status. many grey knights are mistaken for errant knights,

before i forget again @Pyosimros

anyway birbie

- yup, that's exactly what i had in mind

- yeah as it is they're probably better off as NPC classes unless someone specifically mentions their interest

- base class meaning their main job in life

- NPC probs. doesn't make sense for us to play a merchant when each job would probably sell their wares themselves since it's all in one city

• combine merc with hunter?
  • get rid of woodcutting/mining?
  • have farmer as a standard class?

assuming you guys made your decision but I shall acknowledge it for a gold star

I'm late again (at least in the response). TAT

Welp, before SOMEONE starts throwing a fit again about "not being invited" (yes, I'm still salty about that)... @Vlaty

I pretty much agree with everything above?

Currently have my eyes on Alchemist (which would be the apothecary, if I may ask?) + w +

lmao hi vlaty

anyway, so I think we're decided on this

> yes to combining merc with hunter

> Move Farmer/Woodcutting/Miner to NPC classes unless someone specifically requests for the job

A bit of the traditional idea of alchemists (which is the entire turning coal into the gold) mixed with the job of an apothecary

which reminds me... how does one handle the sick? do people just have medicine for that, or do some magicians double as healers... what

rip anyone who gets a novice doctor lmfao

I'm going to write a quick post then probably debate between crying over this and making a cs for something else

Maybe we should have a separate class for healers? :> It also could be a class that's good for pairing up with different sub classes.

Or have healers be a specialization class of magician? Like you can only obtain their skills if you get to a certain level of the magician class? @v@

I'm here!

71842-glasslip-touko-running.gif

I think I saw an ad for Fantasy Life in one of the Shonen Jump issues I have (back when they actually had physical copies...) but I'm a so-so familiar with all of them?? Haven't actually played any of the games myself so I dunno if that complicates things. Having just watched some gameplay vids I'm guessing it doesn't have the same level of lore of Dark Souls or something right??

Maybe we should have a separate class for healers? :> It also could be a class that's good for pairing up with different sub classes.

Or have healers be a specialization class of magician? Like you can only obtain their skills if you get to a certain level of the magician class? @v@

Yah, I would totally be up for healers o: 

Hey there all! This circle here is tight and cozy - and I flippin' love those kinds of circles - but I'm afraid that I'd only hold the entire roleplay back with my uncultured self. I have not touched on Fantasy Life, Rune Factory or Harvest Moon in the entirety of my life, unfortunately. Thus, I find myself overwhelmingly under-qualified to contribute, let alone participate, without frustrating some or all who might have that burning passion for these classics. Thank you for the invite though, and I believe I can finally put that meme to rest. For good. I really hope that you all do have fun and let the rp prosper though! It's a very rare sight to see so many talented and capable writers all in one place for something like this these days, have fun and good luck! 

@Umbrie

honestly no offense stranger, but I believe none of us invited you to the roleplay D:

sorriesies. i didn't know the RP was invitation only, i assumed we had to pitch character concepts to get an application invited, like the norm for RPs.

@Vlaty

Just wanted to reassure you that former knowledge of any of the series isn't required, as we're simply borrowing concepts from them to streamline the rp's creation~

regarding magician:

so I just remembered the earth element in FL is a heal (which is available upon learning how to wield a rod), and once you get the charge-x (which I think is adept rank?) you get an AoE heal

maybe doctors are a nonstandard class that specifically requires skills in both alchemy and magic? o:

so if you wanted doctor as your main class, you'd have to go through both... which would make sense considering how you have to graduate from a degree before you get to med school in most countries IRL?

basically anyone who wants to be a doctor has to suffer which is true

OK SO

Combat Classes:

- paladin

- mercenary 

- magician

Gatherer Classes:

- Angler (the lone survivor lmfao)

Crafting Classes:

- Cook

- Tailor

- Blacksmith

- Alchemist

- Carpenter

NPC Classes (can be used as sub classes at anytime or can be requested as a regular class)

- Farmer

- Miner

- Woodcutter

Non-Standard Classes

- prince/princess

- advisor

- mail courier

- librarian

- guildmaster

- doctor (requires magician and alchemist as sub-classes)

y/y? i'm currently hunting up pictures and looking for something that could possibly work as swithun

(Late comment here as I realize that I've run out of things to distract myself on...)

OK_thumb.jpg
'

So aside from the class thingy stuff thing, is there anything I can help with worldbuilding-wise? Don't just wanna be sitting here doing a whole lot of nothing >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back