◍ SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF◍

Sternritter said:
Just a Small Note that the Rp should be starting some time On Saturday!

Sounds good to me! I'm excited to start! How fast do you envision this role-play moving? I won't be able to post on Saturday (unless late at night) with it being a holiday for me, and I will be traveling by train for a majority of Sunday. I hope I won't miss too much.

A moderately steady pace, maybe a post every two days or so?

I personally really hate fast bullet train Rp's because they seem to have a tendency to just forget things, leave people behind or have plots that last about 50 posts without any actual development.

Also I'll be posting acceptances & stuff in a moment.

Greatly sorry for the delay in completing the character sheet. Got a bit occupied yesterday.

I'll make sure to have it done tonight at the latest.

StoneWolf18 said:
@Nateorious there is already a pyrokinetic in the RP.

I looked up both because I was curious, and saw some difference between the two. One thing noted is that promancy is often mistaken for pyrokinesis because of their similar sound. One focuses on the art of divination by fire, while the other is centered around combat. (This information just came from a Wiki search). Just a thought, but I guess Sternritter will be determine if both are allowed, since the similarity of manipulating fire is still there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Akeira said:

I looked up both because I was curious, and saw some difference between the two. One thing noted is that promancy is used mistaken for pyrokinesis because of their similar sound. One focuses on the art of divination by fire, while the other is centered around combat. Just a thought, but I guess Sternritter will be determine if both are allowed.
I just wanted to point it out and also mention it so our characters have some diversity. I mean, wielding fire is such a common power...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StoneWolf18 said:
I just wanted to point it out and also mention it so our characters have some diversity. I mean, wielding fire is such a common power...

That is very true. Good catch.

I’ve actually got the feeling that we’re all going for the more conventional powers here? Perhaps except a couple of exceptions, they’re all pretty straightforward.

Oh, one thing I’ve been meaning to ask for a while here: where exactly is the power level of this being placed? I’ve been gauging it from the other sheets and I’ve seen conditionally bulletproof (Theo) and lifting cars (Talise), and have accordingly placed Lillian to be a bit below that just to be on the safe side.

No idea about whether overlapping powers are permitted? I suppose the GM will have the final call on this matter - this is originally scheduled to start tomorrow. There is still a heap of WIP sheets though, but here’s hoping that it’s soon.

(As a sidenote: Lillian’s sheet is probably subject to a few tweaking on format, proofreading, and maybe some other details, but the information on it is review-ready if acceptance is to be decided before I get to do that.)

@Sternritter ?

eheu said:
I’ve actually got the feeling that we’re all going for the more conventional powers here? Perhaps except a couple of exceptions, they’re all pretty straightforward.
Oh, one thing I’ve been meaning to ask for a while here: where exactly is the power level of this being placed? I’ve been gauging it from the other sheets and I’ve seen conditionally bulletproof (Theo) and lifting cars (Talise), and have accordingly placed Lillian to be a bit below that just to be on the safe side.

No idea about whether overlapping powers are permitted? I suppose the GM will have the final call on this matter - this is originally scheduled to start tomorrow. There is still a heap of WIP sheets though, but here’s hoping that it’s soon.

(As a sidenote: Lillian’s sheet is probably subject to a few tweaking on format, proofreading, and maybe some other details, but the information on it is review-ready if acceptance is to be decided before I get to do that.)

@Sternritter ?

I think that's a very important point, and I would love to have more insight to power levels. With Talise's power, I wasn't sure if a car was too strong. I tried to make it so that weight would also present a challenge for her, but I'm not sure, if I conveyed that clearly. I originally made it so she could only levitate things that weigh signficantly less than a car. Gauging by other sheets, I feel like some tweaking may be in order, as I made my character sheet early on and, I've been debating with that particular sentence of my character's capabilities.

I'm slightly confused here, is there a rule against two characters having the same power? I already know that their was another fire user in the RP I didn't know it would be a problem...

Nateorious said:
I'm slightly confused here, is there a rule against two characters having the same power? I already know that their was another fire user in the RP I didn't know it would be a problem...
There isn't a rule, no. Yet, character diversity is key to keep RP's interesting and entertaining. Though the powers do different things, they still deal with fire and flames.

StoneWolf18 said:
There isn't a rule, no. Yet, character diversity is key to keep RP's interesting and entertaining. Though the powers do different things, they still deal with fire and flames.
Oh ok I see your point. However I think their are other fundamental factors for a good and interesting RP other than Character diversity, especially with something as minuscule as our "same power" predicament but thats just my opinion; to each their own.

spiderlegs said:
Is this still happening? Do we know?
For your reference, I personally have no idea.

@Sternritter 's profile shows no activity since last Friday. A likely case is that he is occupied for the moment (or otherwise prevented from posting.)

I'll drop him a message later, I suppose.

So.. I take it this RP isn't going to happen after all. It's been over a week since @Sternritter's been on, but then again, he could just be preoccupied with something...

Eh, I don't know. What do you guys think?

Macbeth said:
So.. I take it this RP isn't going to happen after all. It's been over a week since @Sternritter's been on, but then again, he could just be preoccupied with something...
Eh, I don't know. What do you guys think?
I don't think its gonna start anytime soon lol

I'm disappointed too. What do people think about starting without him? Is that even vaguely kosher?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back