• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Survival of the Fittest: Relentless Hunt

A knock knock on the doorframe drew the Two hunters attention to said doorframe to find the light being blocked out by a utterly massive figure who was more or less a door in itself. The light adjusted on his face to reveal the beanie capped, hair framed, strong jawed face of Koen Raad. The Viking of a boy was staring at the two with his ever present blank, nonexistent expression with a single eyebrow raised that said "well how are you two doing?"

People called Cyrus a cold hearted boy sometimes but at least he still had a spark of life in his eyes. Koen Raads face might as well have belonged to a Viking, but his ocean depth blue eyes were completely vacant of pretty much all emotion. You might have been staring at a robot for all intents and purposes and IT would have more life to it than Koen Raads eyes. His presence however was a surprise, last the two had heard... well Cyrus had heard, after his out of this world injuries he had been relocated to a hospital not to far off getting the best treatment he possibly could and was receiving it thanks to the Jaeger family's connection.

The scars of his battle with the Draki three months ago were amazingly all but healed save for a slight burn scarring on his cheek but even that looked faded. Broken rib cage, all but completely caved in, third degree burns across his entire body, punctured lung, concussion, broken arm and fracture kneecap, tail bone totally gone now... But even though the odds were a ten million to one... You couldn't keep the Iron Wolf Down.

However, he had stuck around long enough after the battle and before the medevac showed up to know that Luna had been captured by the Draki and the massive Fabricator walked over and picked the girl up in his arms and gave her a, probably unwelcome, death hug given her injuries to show his happiness at seeing her alive and relatively well. One couldn't have said no to the boy though, that was literally about as expressionate as Koen ever got with ANYBODY. Even Cyrus had only heard the mechanist grunt once in reply as he fixed the family chopper, grease and oil completely covering him.

Koen Raad had got here about two hours ago after the hospital released him and since he had no phone and never bothered to Learn Cyrus's number, he literally hoofed it all the way back home for a better part of the day. The Iron Wolf's presence was a turning point in things, all the local hunter Jihaid and the Draki knew the fighting prowess of this child, or rather, his refusal to die. The Battle for the Draki prisoners three months ago was nearly a victory for the Hunters for the boys and another efforts in holding off the attacking forces but the Draki overwhelmed Koen Raad and the other hunter that guarded the prisoners. Even as he hugged Luna till he might have cracked a couple of her ribs, no one took the Iron Wolf lightly.

@Lithia

@kaito9049

Luna Jaeger

Daughter of Lead Hunter

At the grumble of her tummy Luna decided to take Cyrus' advice and get something to eat. She went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Just the fact that she could choose what she wanted to eat made her smile with joy. She settled on some cheese and crackers not wanting to overdo it too much. She made up a plate and set it on the counter in case Cyrus wanted a snack too.

The tired hunter pulled out a chair at the island counter, climbed into it and watched Cyrus go through all the supplies like it was second nature. She had a good amount of medical knowledge thanks to their father but she was nowhere as efficient with it as her twin. Luna was nibbling on her snack listening to him go over the various pills and such when a shadow blocked the door way.

Luna smiled when she looked up and saw her cousin there. Koen crossed the room and scooped Luna up in a huge hug. "Woah take it easy big guy," Luna laughed, a little squished and surprised by Koen's sudden display of emotion. "I missed you too and it's great to see you put back together in one piece again. I'm alright for the most part, it takes more than a Draki Alpha to keep me down," she joked with him. She was laughing and glad to be home but anyone could see by looking at her that she had been through a lot. Along with her injuries she got during the escape today she had lost weight, and she didn't seem as mentally strong as she used to be, part of her spirit was broken. It was going to take a while to get her strength back, though she didn't want to admit it.

Cyrus told her everything was set up in her room before he left to probably go over any new information he had learned today, though she wished he would get some rest too. "Don't overdo it Cy," she called after him. Luna turned to her cousin, "Have some cheese and crackers if you want, I've had enough," she told him, most of the food on the plate untouched. "Now I'm going to go to my room and stitch up this horrible cut on my head and hope it doesn't leave an equally horrible scar, have the longest shower of my life, and get some rest. Let me know if you need anything Koen."

Back in her room it only took Luna a minute to stitch up her head and the pain wasn't too bad because Cyrus had left some pain numbing cream next to the other supplies. Next she went into her attached bathroom and turned on the water extra hot, the steam would help her sleep afterwards. She hadn't lied to her cousin it was probably the longest shower she ever had. The young hunter dressed in her favorite pjs, stuck the iv in her arm, which didn't bother her at all having had many ivs in the past, and sunk into her comfy bed.

She couldn't even describe how amazing it felt to be back in her own bed with her things all around her exactly how she left them. It didn't take her long to drift off to sleep.

Eric Rylan

Alpha

Eric nodded at Alex's response. "A shame," he noted, carefully observing the interaction between his daughter and the boy. "I would have liked to meet them. Ah, well. Please give them my best when you next see them." It amused him to see Crystal talk with a boy her age. When he was her age, Eric had an extremely difficult time speaking to his peers casually; everything he said had weight to it. Needless to say, this manner of speech didn't win him many friends. It warmed his heart to see that his own child didn't have to go through the same thing.

@Aridis

Cyrus Jaeger

Son of Lead Hunter

"Holy crap, Koen, you couldn't call ahead?" Cyrus asked dryly. He didn't even remember contacting other Hunters about Luna's rescue; maybe he did it on autopilot. In any case, that reminded him that he needed to tell his father that Luna was home. Cyrus quickly sent off a text to his dad: Picked up sis from the airport. She has some jetlag, but she'll be fine.

Turning back to the visitor, the young Hunter had to admit that the Iron Wolf healed up well. Anyone else who had taken the kind of punishment that he had would have died. Even among Hunters, Koen's strength and endurance was impressive. He would be an extremely valuable asset in the upcoming battles. "How you holding--I am really hungry," Cyrus said suddenly, heading into the kitchen. "Hey, you want something to eat? You may have stayed in a 'five-star hospital', but I can imagine that the food gets tiring after three months." The young man made himself a couple of sandwiches. He was glad that Luna was able to rest; he was sure that her scars ran deeper than their physical level. While he was a gifted psychologist, Cyrus wasn't sure that he could show the empathy that his sister needed. Perhaps when their father got back, he would be able to help her.

@Jarkov Malachai

Cerise watched the conversation between Crystal and Alex carefully. She was rather protective of her sister, and didn't want any creeps getting too close to her. Of course, there were these times when she got a bit too over protective. She had once chased a guy away because he was wearing clothes that were 'too flashy'. This was without Crystal's knowledge of course. She would have killed me.

"Anyway, any idea which class we should go to first? We need to get put of here quickly before any teachers get too interested in talking with dad." Cerise mentally cringed, remembering the time when her Biology teacher literally wouldn't let her father go because she was explaining 'the beauty of the human heart'.

Koen Raad

The Fabricator nodded slowly at Cyrus's question, placed Luna down gently into her bed and put a little Metal wolf he had made with one of the hospital lamp posts when he was bored on her desk. Its face curled up in a snarl, a fighting wolf with muzzle baring gleaming fangs and looking for all the world could come for it and it cared not, a small little moon lay in the back and emblazoned upon its ruff, a little joke from Koen. He then followed Cyrus into the kitchen on the quest for sustenance, moving in that eerily silent and ghost like and upon when said food was served the large teen dug in with gusto. If one had a sense of humor one might have said the boy ate like a ravenous dragon because hey, it took a lot of fuel to keep the furnace burning of a organism such as Koen Raad. The whole time he dug into the family pantry, kitchen and pretty much whatever else he could find considering that Cyrus wasn't the greatest of grocery shoppers, he more than once gave his cousin a slightly sad stare that a whipped child might have when presented with a small bowl of soup when he couldn't find enough protein to slate his raging appetite. When he found a couple pounds of some form of meat forgotten in the bottom of the freezer, wrapped in tinfoil and frozen blood covering the outside, the boy sat down in his specifically made chair with metal legs to withstand his weight and stared at Cyrus.

The two had spent enough time with each other during the last two years that the silent mechanist didn't need words to communicate, the small little shifts in those blank eyes, a flicker of nervous or pissed off tick in the hand, a head tilted, were enough to get a general idea across. Cyrus would come up with some crazy idea, much like Garen, another cousin, would and the Raad boy would build it and or fix whatever shit and gear they broke which happened a lot in their line of business. What Koen Raad wanted to know about was what was going to happen to Luna, she looked like hammered shit which was ironic coming from the man who looked like minced hamburger meat 3 months ago, and what the Draki had been doing both to her, and in general.

@Lithia

@kaito9049

Eric Rylan

Alpha

Eric groaned inwardly, remembering the lecture that he had received from his daughter's Biology teacher. He had politely listened (or at least, had pretended to), but it was an excruciating experience that he didn't want to have to repeat. "Why don't you lead the way, Cerise?" Eric suggested. "I'm eager to meet some of your...other teachers. I'm sure most of them are quite nice."

They better be. Eric thought. He had donated money to the school before, so he was a bit used to receiving special treatment. But especially on the day of the open house/fundraiser, the faculty would have to be on their best behavior. It had always amused the Alpha when humans scrambled to maintain appearances. They had no idea that the Draki were doing the same thing on a daily basis, and for them the stakes were much higher.

@Ashaficent

Cyrus Jaeger

Son of Lead Hunter

Cyrus ate slowly. Now that the immediate danger was over, he had the opportunity to think. "If at all possible, I'd like to reintegrate Luna back into normal society," he thought aloud. "But the Draki know her face. She'll probably be spotted in public. The best thing I can think of is to formulate some sort of disguise. Wig or hair dye, different clothing style, perhaps an accent, if she can manage it..

"But there's another problem. Luna Jaeger can't simply disappear off the face of the earth. I've taken measures to eliminate her digital footprint--and believe me, it wasn't easy--but the Jaeger name is still well-known. People might get suspicious if we act like she never existed. I suppose it was fortunate that my father has kept her from the public eye, so maybe I'll have her keep up a blog or something. Anything to keep her connected with the outside world."

Cyrus paused. Something occurred to him that he hadn't thought of before. He had been thinking about necessity and Luna's safety, but he had forgotten her emotional needs. "She'll miss her friends," he said, a bit quietly. "She didn't have many, but they were there. Living cooped up, only going out to hunt...that's not the way our mother would have wanted her to live. I have to come up with something. But I should probably get going to school. My absence could become suspect."

@Jarkov Malachai

"I think you better see my History teacher first. She makes it fast and gets straight to the point. And she also doesn't give lectures to parents." Cerise mumbled the last part, automatically glancing around for her Biology teacher. "Follow me!" She said, as she started to march up the corridor while looking out for threat- ahem, teachers.

@kaito9049 @MoltenLightning @Aridis

Koen Raad

The lad finished off the rest of his meat, just cooked meat with some rice he had found, and stood up to wash his dishes. When he was done with a light scrub, the Fabricator walked over to Cyrus and put a hand on his shoulder with a light pat. It was his way of saying, ill fix it don't worry, and the boy did like fixing things, be they metal or flesh it was sorta who he was. With that the boy stole a couple things of fresh fruit and walked out back to where the new helicopter pad was to start his work once more. A day back and the call of the machine was already to much to resist, and Koen Raad must heed their sweet sweet voices.

He kicked in his workshops door and grins wryly. Ohh ohh beauteous tools, power saws, drills, that machine gun he never finished, welders and everything else. Did ya miss me?

Eric Rylan

Alpha

Eric smiled thinly. He was glad that his eldest daughter was taking a bit of initiative. Cerise could be a bit brash at times, but she held an inner strength that would power her through the rougher parts of life. The father simply wished that her inner drive was more focused. In any case, Eric was a little curious to see how his kids were being taught. Many schoolchildren seemed a bit too soft, too concerned with "feelings" or "seeing other perspectives". Everyone wanted to be the shining paragon of peace...until they were threatened. Then everything dissolved into natural selection.

"After you," he said politely, following a short distance behind the children. He wanted to see how they acted to the day-to-day process of schooling.

Cyrus Jaeger

Son of Lead Hunter

Cyrus checked on Luna's vitals before he left for school. She was sleeping, and her body had been strained by the physical and emotional stress of being a POW, but she would recover. His twin was one of the most resilient people he knew; Cyrus liked to imagine that she inherited that trait from their mother. He felt a pang of guilt at the thought. He had long ago promised to protect his family using his talents and intelligence, and he had failed in that respect. The next time something like this happened....no, there wouldn't be a next time. Satisfied with the readings, the young man set a pitcher of water and a glass on the nightstand before softly closing the bedroom door behind him.

For once, Cyrus didn't do much thinking on the drive back to his high school. He decided to go through the school day as usual; he could discuss ideas for safely allowing Luna into public with his family members later. It wasn't too long since he had left the school, but classes had already begun. Cyrus walked as quickly as he could without technically "running" (the hall monitors were vicious). He passed by a few parents in the halls, including Mr. Rylan, a somewhat reclusive accountant who had worked with his father on a couple of occasions. With him were a few other students, one of whom Cyrus had passed by earlier. The Jaeger gave a short nod to the group. He wasn't particularly good friends with the Rylan children, but they seemed cool enough.

@Lithia

@MoltenLightning

@Ashaficent

@Kurai Okami

@Aridis

Alex Terry

It wasn't long until he needed to break off from the rest of the Draki. The teen's schedule was a little bit different. As much as he wanted to stick around and stalk the Rylans, Alex was pretty sure that minding his own business would be a much safer option. Besides, it wasn't like they were going to drop off the face of the Earth.

After giving a small wave in the group's direction, he disappeared into the stream of passing parents and students. Somehow managing to push his way into the right classroom without getting trampled, he slipped into one of the desks. And now, all he had to do was wait until his sentence was over.

(Damn you notifications.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Luna Jaeger

Daughter of Lead Hunter

Luna woke up to the sound of beeping that mean it was time to get a new bag of the fluid and vitamin mixture for her iv. She had five bags to get through before she would be finished with it and she had gone through two already. Her body already felt a little better after sleeping in her own bed. She got out of bed and pulled back the curtains, letting the sunlight in. She quickly got more of the medicine and found water on her nightstand. She poured herself a glass and sat at her desk to check her emails and anything else she missed while she was away.

There was a little metal wolf sitting there and Luna knew right away that it was from Koen. She ran her fingers over it noticing the moon and how beautifully crafted it was. She would have to thank him later if he came over but right now she couldn't leave the house. Luna sighed opening her laptop, the first thing she saw was a blog that Cyrus had probably set up. It was her adventures while away from home, her cover story. There weren't any important emails, a few friends had emailed her but other than that nothing. The hunter closed her laptop and starting making a list of things she would need someone to go get for her later.

Hearing her tummy grumble she went to the kitchen to get some toast. It was going to be a long day here with nothing to do. It was much better than being stuck in a tiny room with nothing to do, but she was getting the itch to train and Luna wasn't well enough to start that anytime soon.

KABOOOOOOM!

A massive explosion ripped outside of the Jaeger household. Luna saw Koens body, on fire and slightly smoking fly by her window. Slow motion commenced, Koen looked at Luna, made the rock out symbol with his hand before time resumed its normal course and he zipped out of her line of site. His workshack was smoking fronm the front, a black plume billowing out into the clear blue sky.

Koen Raad had gone back to fiddle with his forgotten toys for a couple of hours, fixing up his tools, cleaning the area as the Jaeger family often came to grab some of his equipment and the bastards NEVER PUT IT BACK which drove Koen a little up the wall. However, a rather large shiny ball like object sat hidden in a corner, when he reached to grab it, the little orb gave him a horrific electric shock that drove through his system and his hand involuntarily as it spazed out dropped the little orb on the ground and then clicked open. Thaaaaaats when Koen Remembered what it was.... that's also when he started running for the exit but didn't quite make it.

The Raad boy was stuck inside of a tree, couple feet of the ground just dangling there... he let out a long suffering sigh. Well, when times like this are about there was only one thing to do.

About ten minutes later Koen Raad walked through the doors of the Pizzaria of Mama Sophies. He then was subjected to hugs and physical affection by the shops owner, Mama Sophie herself as she nearly strangled the poor boy.

"Koen honey your alive! ah I heard your family was taki'n good care of ya boy but look at you! All dat hospital food has left you a stack of bones child! Let me whip you up a meat lovers, on the house for your return home. . ." The old African lady paused and grins slightly motioning for the Kitchen with her eyes and Koen couldn't help but almost smile, ALMOST! it was kinda there! sorta! Not really but only vaguely but hey that's serious stuff!

Oh it was good to be back, the boy thought to himself as he followed the old woman into the Kitchen, even if he had to fix this mother fuckin stove every day again.

Cyrus Jaeger

Son of Lead Hunter

Cyrus plopped himself down in his regular seat with a sigh. It had been one heck of a morning; the teacher's mediocre math problems would be relaxing in comparison. Not for the first time, he considered just skipping the rest of high school and applying for college. It would probably give him more time to focus on Hunter-related issues. But his father had maintained that there were certain experiences to be had in high school that could not be found anywhere else. Cyrus wasn't really sure what experiences he was referring to (besides that one time the entire building had been evacuated due to the Mushroom Incident), but he figured that the elder Jaeger knew what he was talking about.

Cyrus leaned back his head and closed his eyes, listening to the other students file in. It was strange to think that just three months ago, he and his sister were teasing each other about their lack of dating experience. It was almost like they were normal teens. He should have known that it wouldn't last. Cyrus doubted that things would ever be the same again. For one thing, he still felt anger towards the Draki; even though they had treated his twin decently, he despised the fact that she had been held against her will. Slightly hypocritical, Cyrus admitted, considering that the whole battle was over the imprisoned Draki, but the line of reasoning didn't make him feel any better.

The young man sighed again and prepared himself for several hours of sweet, monotonous school work.

Koen Raad

Oblivious to his cousins dilemma about school work in general and the hell that was high school... Koen Raad had already completed his high school early and was taking online college courses whenever he could. One great thing about being stuck in a ICU for nearly three months with nothing to do was let him seriously crash on his college degree which was in metallurgy and engineering unsurprisingly. One thesis down, another two years two go but hey, at least he could do so at the safety of his own home without going through the literal and metaphorical hell that was high school.

So why his cousin was lamenting his situation. Koen Raad was eating perhaps the most delicious pizza of his ENTIRE life. He had to hand it to Mama Sophie, not only was she the local Matrairch of the entire damn city and could verbally smack down even the mayor... damn she made one hell of a pizza.

The Raad boy thought he actually had died and gone to heaven and if he had well damn he wasn't that disappointed with it. The fabricator paused at the thought of those pearly gates as they brought memories back to the surface which should have been left hidden and buried. A girls face, a fire, a smile covered in red, dark maroon blood, a dying smile. The ghost of his past hovered in front of him on the other side of the booth and winked at him before vanishing off with a slice of his pizza.

He was still staring at where the ghost had been 30 minutes later When Mama Sophie got back around to check on him. The last slice of Pizza had gone cold in his hand, inches away from his lips.

Tick tock Koen Raad on your countdown clock, Tick tock

JASON REILLEY

Jason stepped through the double-doors of the school, quickly stuffing half a taco in his pocket, a strip of lettuce hanging from the corner of his mouth. For later, he thought and looked down at a sheet of paper, his schedule. "Let's see, room 30-something..." He murmured to himself and shoved the paper back into his bag. As he made his way to his first period, a pair of particularly pretty girls was walking in his direction. Except a little to the left. Jason put on the most smooth expression he could muster and winked at the girls. The only put their hands to their mouths and stifled laughter- poorly. Jason felt around on his face, and pulled the lettuce out of his mouth, and sighed. Neutered, Jason made his way to his class and slipped through the door, nearly getting run down by a mad lunch lady. He saw a fellow Draki near the back, Alex Terry he thought. Jason walked over next to the Draki and sat in a desk directly to the right of his peer.

@Aridis

Skylar Reilley

Skylar watched her brother flirt with some girls and she couldn't help herself but laugh. She closed her locker, glaring towards them and then back down to her schedule. She followed someone who seemed to be heading to the same room she was. Stepping into the classroom, she noticed a bunch of people were sitting around, scattered about. Skylar blinked. She recognized some of the students being draki, others as hunters, and some that she had seen at the pizzeria.

She found herself in the middle, perfectly aligned to see the class room. Skylar moved a strip of her hair behind her ear and noticed someone of the students were looking at her. Luckily, Skylar knew she could just ignore them by pulling out her book, which she did. She flipped to page fifty-two, the page she had left off from reading last night.

Everyone still looked at her. By that time, Skylar just wanted to fit in and not have everyone just stare at her like she was a freak. Could they read her thoughts? Did they know she was a draki? Well, obviously the other draki probably knew she was, but what about the hunters or normal humans? What would they do if she exposed one little thing about draki life? Would they hunt her down? Would she die?

Focus, Skylar thought to herself, you don't want this day to be crap. Just ignore them all. They'll do nothing.

But she was wrong.

"FOR GOODNESS SAKE, STOP STARING AT ME YOU CREEP-HEADS," she said in a loud voice. I'LL MURDER YOU ALL.

Koen Raad

Koen Raad, after nearly being smothered by the well known motherly attitude of Mama Sophie, decided he would head out to the local high school to meet with a contact of his, the school welding teacher Mr. Days. Sometimes, before his injuries kept him bedridden at the hospital for nearly 3 months, he would come out to Mr. Days classroom near the back of the school with the other construction class rooms were held and swap tips on the best welding techniques and new equipment that had come out recently. Thanks to the Jaegers family connection, Koen had managed to procure some rather nice toys and shared them often with the high school.

However, on this particular day, the school had a new secretary who didn't know who Koen Raad was and refused to let him in no matter what the more or less Silent lad did. Only when Mr. Days was directly contacted at behest of a nearby teacher who knew who Koen was, then he was allowed inside. As he made his way into the school he walked by a girl who suddenly bellowed at the top of her lungs in the classroom right next to him and as a consequence nearly blew his eardrums out as she shouted out her death threat even outside.

Koen Raad was one of the brave few who didn't run away from her and or flee the scene. He just stood there, looming in the doorway looking much like some new age Viking with those semi-blond locks slammed down with that skull cap and dark ocean blue eyes. Truthfully, Koen was just trying to not move as the ringing in his ears faded away slowly. Once it had done so he gave the girl a reproachful gaze and rubbed his ears with a wince. But he didn't take his gaze off the girl wondering just what the hell was the reason for death threats on people staring at her. Those eyes did just that then, stare as if they challenged her, with those blank depths which held the typhoon barely at bay as he stood in the doorway.

@Winged Destiny

(had to get in it somehow, these seemed the best way. We know how Koen Raad likes his toys and building crap *grins*)

Alex Terry

The class hadn't even begun yet, and he was already bored out of his mind.

Well, sort of. It was more along the lines of, 'he was already itching to get out the door.' Sitting still at a desk for over an hour was never the teen's idea of fun. It wasn't even the schoolwork that bothered him. It was just the fact that he couldn't move around as freely as he wished without "disrupting the class." Alex really never got that rule, but had learned at a very young age that it was better to just go with it and not aggravate the teachers by asking about it.

Tapping the eraser of his pencil against the top of the desk, the boy tried to entertain himself by looking around. So, naturally, it didn't take him long to notice his fellow Draki. Who had, courteously, decided to grace the blonde with his presence and sit right next to him. Sweet. Glancing over to the other, Alex gave a little wave in greeting. "Hiya."

(@inFamousCheese )

Sid sat nearly in the middle of the class, he really didn't know why but he usually gravitated here. He had taken out his notebook and flipped to a blank page whilst waiting for class to begin and was pretty much just waiting patiently. That is, untill a girl next to him yelled very suddenly and made sid jump slightly then he turned to look at her. He only looked at her for a moment before turning back and waiting for class to start.

He wondered why she seemed so nervous, of course school wasn't for everyone but most people keep to themselves. 'Oh well' sid thought whilst doodling tiny sketches of random people he had thought of earlier on the margin of his notebook.

Eric Rylan

Alpha

Eric slowly patrolled the school halls, circling around his children's classes, but also occasionally peeking into the open doorways of other rooms. He saw the boy from earlier, Alex, as well as a couple of other Draki that he vaguely remembered. One of them...was not very subtle. The Alpha grimaced as the young woman let out a fierce shout. He didn't want his kind to draw attention to themselves. The majority of the students would likely dismiss it as just another high-school freak out, but it was the minority that Eric was concerned about. Curious humans, suspicious Hunters, teachers afraid for the well-being of their school...he would have to speak to the girl in private after class ended. For now, however, he couldn't make the situation more unusual than it already was.

Cyrus Jaeger

Son of Lead Hunter

Cyrus had a mini-heart attack right there in the middle of the classroom. Apparently, he was still on edge, so when one of his classmates suddenly let out a threatening cry, the Hunter almost dove for cover. He knew that paranoia made it difficult to ascertain what dangers were real and which ones were imaginary, but he also knew that the human body had a subconscious warning system, often referred to as "instinct". Composing himself, Cyrus took out his books as the teacher called for class to start, welcoming the parents that were lined up in the back of the room, watching their children fondly.

The young man shook his head and rapidly scribbled down notes as the teacher droned on. He knew most of this already--it was fundamentals, really--but it was always good to review.

@Winged Destiny

Luna Jaeger

Daughter of Lead Hunter

Bored out of her mind at home, Luna pulled out her iv and got dressed. She braided back her hair and pulled a hoodie on despite the weather. She kept the hood up and her eyes down, making it hard for anyone to realize who she was. Quietly the hunter slipped out of the house and into the garage, her jeep keys in her hand. It felt like she had never left. Luna gripped the steering wheel and smiled at the little moon hanging from her mirror. She pulled out of the driveway knowing exactly where she was going.

It took about half an hour to get to the small wooded park. Luna loved it there, she could spend hours sitting on the edge of the small lake that was a short walk in. Before leaving her jeep she waited a while just to be sure no one had followed her. When it seemed safe she climbed out and hurried down the path to the lake. The fresh air felt good in her lungs and she broke out into a jog happy to feel the breeze on her face.

She knew if her brother found out she had left the house he would be worried beyond belief but she was finally free. She needed to feel the freedom around her. Maybe it sounded weird or didn't make complete sense but to Luna nothing in the world felt better right now. When the lake came into view she had no idea what came over her. Luna kicked off her shoes, pulled her hoodie off and splashed into the cool water. Her tank top and jean shorts would take a while to dry but she probably had a towel in the back of the jeep she could sit on.

Luna swam around for a bit before she finally relaxed at the water's edge resting her folded arms on her knees and enjoying the sunlight on her skin.

Crystal realized the day had flashed by before she knew it. After blinking a few times at the girl's screech, then registering it had happened, she snapped back to reality. Her pencil in hand, she realized the lesson was already almost over. Of course, her mind had subconsciously wrote down some stuff about what the teacher said out of instinct. She read over her notes feeling satisfied, then heard the teacher say, "Have a good day!" before packing up her stuff.

She glanced at Sid, then whispered,

"Have you seen dad?"

nonchalantly. She stared at her brother intently, diagonally behind him. Before he could answer, she took a sip of her water bottle. Her attention returned to him, seemingly as if she had just rejuvenated again.

@KuraiOkami

Koen Raad

Koen Raad just shook his head at the girls outburst after a moment or so. Listening in to his cousins lesson and how utterly Tedious he found it Koen couldn't help but feel pity for all the poor sods still stuck in high school. He got out early, did his College AP courses and whatever he could to get out of that hell hole. Just being around that many people made his skin itch with a fever that gave him the urge to flee the area, fly away as fast as his legs could take him. Yea High school didn't agree with the Silent Fabricator. After he shook his head at the girl, the lad turned around to go to Mr.Days classroom he ran right into Eric Ryan. The Middle aged man was a member of the Ryan Clan which the Jaegers shared the city with. He knew a couple of the teens in the clan from when he was in high school but other than that didn't really participate or get involved with them so he must be here to see one of his nephews or the like in school. However he did See Eric Ryan the day of the fundraiser, that day when the Draki attacked.

Koen did a small little bow of his head and then stuck out his hand for Mr.Ryan to shake it. The look on the lads face said 'well well fancy meeting you here' perfectly civil and with a slight crooked smile. Mr. Ryan was one of the few people who came near the height of Koen Raad. The two were practically on even ground, but in sheer weight and muscle Koen had the older gentlemen outdone. The hand offered to Eric Ryan was callused and rough, some burn scarring here and there but it was faint and the forearm it was attached to was nothing but a rippled cord of flesh used to pounding away at steel and molten metals at nearly 700 degrees. The boy had no idea that three months ago, the man in front of him in another shape, had nearly killed him and he himself had done a number on the man in turn. But he didn't know, he couldn't have known, so he stuck out his hand without knowing if his appearance had triggered anything and just smiled slightly with a kinda crazy raise of the eyebrow.

@kaito9049

"I haven't but i have the feeling he is around." Sid said calmly whilst packing up his stuff. He had noticed his father walk by at least once, but it was during a lecture the teacher was giving. Sid stood up and slowly walked out of the class room whilst looking at his schedule being careful not to run into the students rushing to their next class. He had music next to which he hoped he could talk to the teacher about having a guitar this time instead pf a normal band instrument, to which he could play, just not very well.

Eric Rylan

Alpha

Eric firmly shook the other man's hand as he struggled to recall his name. He seemed familiar; Eric had seen him a few times before with some of the Jaegers. "A pleasure," he replied with impeccable politeness. Strange. The other man's hand was calloused, but not just from working, it seemed. "I don't believe we've been properly introduced," Eric said. "Are you a friend of Jonathan Jaeger?" It wouldn't be surprising; the Jaegers were connected with an unusually large amount of people. It almost seemed that they had a hand in everything. Which, considering their wealth, wouldn't be surprising. Eric nearly scoffed at the thought. Humans always believed that their wealth would protect them. The Alpha himself had amassed a small fortune for the Draki. Ultimately, however, money would fade, while their power would be everlasting.

@Jarkov Malachai

Users who are viewing this thread

Back