• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern SuperVerse- Origins

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

WeaselThor

The Thundering Mustelid
"We Fear Not our mortality, we will serve to the best of our abilities, We give our lives for the People, We vow to Smite their Enemies." The Heroes Oath.

the Trademarked Words of the Hero organizations motto played over the speakers before the 2 way communication connected. On the screen appeared several dozen politicians sitting gathered around. The UEG, United Earth Government. A democratic organization built to represent the people of the worlds nations. They spoke to the 7 heroes gathered in the spacious cabin of the airplane that took them to the antarctic shelf. "Sorry to have kept you all in the dark, we had to be sure the transmissions werent intercepted. What we are facing here is this." the screen popped an image of antarctica from space... But a small portion of it in the middle was missing ice. "That is the crater from the impact 3 days ago. This is it now." the next image showed the iceless circle to have grown at least 4 times larger. Now it was the size of texas. "now at first we believed it to be the natural after effects. That was until we saw this." this time it was a video that showed a massive building sized chunk of ice being launched into space with a purplish flame behind it. "Frankly we have no idea what we are dealing with. Thats why we have called you together. Your the Strongest, Smartest, most experienced, and overall best heroes we have to offer. We are hoping you can deal with this quietly. We all know what happened last time an alien showed up here. Godspeed heroes." the video ended with the same motto being repeated before the screen went blank leaving the only sound in the fuselage to come from the 7 heroes gathered there.

Open

MikaboshiEinst MikaboshiEinst Svisttt Svisttt Yahhah Yahhah kasigi kasigi Pacificus Pacificus The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye TheNightmareSavage TheNightmareSavage

Last edited:
This is a little dumb. Smug bi-

It's important.

Whatever you say, Z.

Despite her wearing a thick winter coat, Zara still felt cold inside the airplane's cabin. Everything about this made her anxious- there were too many people in what she saw as a small space, and the only things she knew about them was what she had been told when she was briefed about who would be part of the operation. She'd been antsy to begin with when she was contacted to be part of this, for reasons she believed were obvious. Still, she knew it had to be done.

Her gaze turned away from the screen when the UEG disconnected to look at the others around her, scanning them with guarded misty blue eyes.

Bastards.

I'm sure they're quite lovely.

I hate them already.

You hate everyone, though.

Then you shouldn't be all that surprised.

Zara briefly recited the Heroes Oath in her head to regain focus, before leaning against the wall and lazily sneaking a glance outside one of the plane's windows. She'd never flown before, which shocked a few people back in New York when she said she was from originally Arizona. Sometimes she lied and said she had flown to Manhattan, but in reality she just hitched a ride on a train with some hobos, before asking a few strangers to take her with them to wherever they had been going. It was dangerous and dumb, for sure, but it was cheaper than a plane ticket. Her opinion of New York had... diminished quite a bit, but it had been lovely for awhile. She missed her old friend Valeriya, they had lost contact during those years when Zara had been out of commission, but deep down she realized it was probably for the best.

She was a who-

Stop that.

Why'dya miss her?

Zara didn't answer the little self inside her head, instead turning her attention back to the world around her and saying softly, "I suppose we'll be stuck with each other for awhile."

In a crowded plaza in Brazil, an Asian man appearing in his forties was conversing with a rather shady figure.

"How do I know you are who you say you are"

Asked the figure. The Asian man gave a predatory grin. Jennifer just loved toying with people. Especially those who thought they had control of every conversation. Of course at the time she had the taste of sweat, and blood in her mouth. From getting a bit of information off of some unfortunate. The shapeshifter had tailed him as a viper, and delivered enough venom to kill a cow. He wouldn't be facing punishment from his superiors anyway.

"Suppose you're just going to have to trust me sweetie"

Said Jennifer. It had been hard to find out anything about what was happening in the Antarctic. The most she'd learned was of some cosmic activity. Which she'd already sold to this guy. They were just finishing their conversation as it was. She'd probably shift into a bird or something and check out the South Pole for herself. It'd been awhile since she'd been a polar bear. Were those at the south. For someone who could be anything, Jen didn't know her animals perfectly.

The informant looked nervous and went with it. Giving a nod, promising payment and then hurrying away. Jen gave a chuckle, and walked into an alley where she adjusted her form to something a little more sightly. A macaw. Even someone like her thought the birds were pretty. As she flapped away, who knew what else she could "find" before she had to fly, or swim through an ocean.

Ampere sat closest to the screen. He was currently at a safe 2367 amp charge. He wasn't worried about interfering with the transmission. It was standard for aircraft and their equipment to be highly resistant to static electricity since the 90's. It was comforting to feel the slight static waves that had built up around the plane due to its friction with the air. Though, it was slightly distracting. He had to to focus on the task at hand. This mission was odd. Not only in that it presented a possible alien threat, but the Hero Organization had chosen an unusual response. These heroes weren't a team. He knew who they all were, there were plenty of media stories about the lot of them, but there was no clear leader. They were the best of the best and the Hero Organization had trusted them to work together. It was good enough for him, but such improvised planning didn't sit well in his stomach.

When the message ended he silently mouthed the Heroes Oath. He looked around the cabin at everyone before slouching back in his seat and stretching his legs out infront of him. He reached up and adjusted his ballcap, then loosened his mask so that it fell open, but was held on by two straps the left side of his head. Early on he had used the mask to conceal his identity and then later in his career as additional protection. But right now, it was completely unnecessary. These were people he could trust, and there was no immediate danger.

He replied to what the pale girl said, "You're only stuck with people you don't like. How can you not like someone you've never even spoken to?" He replied with a slight smirk. He knew that wasn't what she was saying, but felt like poking at it.

Svisttt Svisttt

Nit picking little shit.

Don't be mean.

He's right though. I don't like people.

He doesn't know you.

We can change that.

I don't feel like getting arrested mid mission.

Baby. It might be fun.

Zara drew her gaze to the man that spoke up, who was lazily stretched out in one of the chairs, the one closet to the screen. He was dressed in the way she imagined a military man would look, although soldiers weren't a very common thing nowadays. Zara picked at the hem of her coat to keep her hands moving and active, and not at someone's throat. She had a job she was hoping to complete before taking on this operation, but she swiftly ran out of the time she had before she had to come here, and had to abandon it. For now, at least. She aimed to pick it back up whenever this ordeal was over, although that intent didn't stave off the growing uneasiness hovering over her. Time was precious, and she hoped the trail she'd managed to dig up didn't grow cold by the time she returned home.

Quit worrying. Maybe go introduce yourself to these pitiful f- excuse me, lovely people.

You pretending to sound nice is worse than when you're being a bitch.

Don't worry- I could vomit if I actually had the body.

Maybe her other self had a point- they might as well get introductions done and over with now instead of down in the Antarctic. Zara brushed her messy blackish-blue hair out of her eyes before stepping away from the wall, speaking up over the sound of the plane engines, "Let's change that, then. I'm Zara. We might as well use this bit of spare time to get to know everyone here, yes?" Her voice, though relatively monotone, had a certain strained quality to it, as though she was trying to speak over someone else. Which in a sense was accurate, with that little voice talking over her words with little comments of its own.

The briefing has ended just as the screen where the representatives of the UEG suddenly went blank and the other heroes began to disperse throughout the cabin. Satsu was confused. She was looking around the airplane cabin thinking about the latest mission that she was in. Satsu watched as the other six heroes calmly sat and meandered about while the plane was flying straight to their destination, Antarctica.The young hero knew she was out of her depth when she first stepped into the plane with several of the Organization's top heroes being present.

Why was she here?

Trying to stave off the awkwardness, Satsu pulled out a handful of throwing knives and her small whetstone and began sharpening them. My first official mission as a member of the Hero Organization and already I was nervous.

Joy.

Satsu continued her ministrations as she remembered her family. She knew both mom and dad were heroes, both were heavily involved with the UEG and several international missions before they retired due to injuries. Maybe she should have called the earlier for to check on them and asked an advice.

She can only sigh as she finished storing her equipment back to her belt pouch before noticing a commotion; A middle-aged man known to the world as Ampere and the black-haired woman seemed to be talking to each other.

Um... Are they fighting?

Satsu thought as she tries to get closer to listen in on the two. She then heard the woman no Zara introduced herself instead. It seems that the conversation was less tense than it initially looked like.

Maybe she should introduce herself. but first, she needs to make herself known. She walked up within their line of sight before clearing her throat.

*Ahem*..."Hello!" Satsu greeted with a shy wave.

Last edited:
Shaun "HammerFist" Jackson

As the briefing video played Shaun had to read the lips of the politicians as they had a hard time talking over his headphones. Unlike the majority of heroes here, he wore no special suit, and carried with him no special weapons. On his feet sat a pair of cheap athletic shoes, A pair of Gym shorts and a tight t-shirt, and of course his fathers gloves. He didnt feel a need to really pay attention, after all was no diplomat, and was about as far from a scientist as one could get. He was here to be muscle nothing more nothing less. Looking around he recognized a few of the heroes there. But none enough for him to want to strike up a conversation. He would simply wait until it came time for him to serve up the knuckle sandwiches like he was named subway. In the mean time he kept to himself in the back corner of the plane. Soon the time would come for them to drop out of the plane, frankly Shaun didn't like that heights and him didn't get along. And the cold of the Antarctic had long since crept into the bay. But if he noticed he didn't seem to mind. Seemed all those thick muscles were good for something besides knocking peoples blocks off.​

Cyler had been having a wonderful day at the lab, but then again, every day was a good day because no one had found out about who he was and what he had done. More importantly, no one knew what he really looked like. With his gloves, baggy jeans, lab coat, and self-designed mask, no one could see who he was. As long as he could make things that could benefit the world, he was happy. "Hopefully," Cyler thought to himself, "I won't have to use my powers at this job." As he got back to working on his new invention, he kept thinking about his past and things he could have built to make it better. "I can't focus on that now. I need to make these for the heroes" Cyler whispered to himself. "Hopefully, my invention can be used for something good." As he worked on his new invention, his hands were flying, not focusing on where they were going, but somehow grabbing the right materials that he needed. He didn't know when it would be complete, but he knew that it would be very useful when it was finished. But, being on a plane made it a little harder, but Cyler wasn't going to complain about it. He'd get used to it.

Last edited:
Noel HazeListening to the UEG briefing on their mission she barely raised a brow as they showed the artic crater and mentioned that it might be a extra terrestrial. Smiling a bit at the mention of doing this quietly. Quiet wasn't her style in the slightest, luckily this wasn't a stealth mission. Adjusting the fur lining of her artict jacket Noel shivered from the cold. Her face stuck in a permanent pout as she'd rather be anywhere else than in this cold. Thinking back to the warm L.A. weather she was missing right now, she let out a heavy sigh. Opening her mouth again, she let out a long yawn and looked around the cabin of the plane at her commrades for this mission. Looking at their faces some she knew very well, others she knew in passing. Not the type to really care about powers and who was stronger she just hoped this group could do this job quick so she could go home.

Looking over at the girl who spoke first, Noel's eicy blue eyes lingered on her for a moment before looking away. Walking from he screen she sat down next to a window and looked out. Her brow furrowing further as she gazed out at the vast white expance they were getting closer to. Letting out another yawn she glanced back into the cabin as Ampere began his cocky introduction. Rolling her eyes she looked back out the window one more time before leaning back and stretching. Her joints popped in and her muscles rippled underneath the heavy coat she let out a relaxed exhale and closed her eyes, getting in some much wanted rest before she shook up the Arctic.

Mr. DeathHolding up the partially completed scarf a young woman with dark midnight hair and vibrant red eyes, looked over to the white skeletal face of her father. "What do you think, papa? I sprinkled some blue yarn into the stitching so it would pop more."

Without looking up from his computer the skeletal man nodded, "Yes, yes it's very pretty, Astral. But I have work to do. Shouldn't you be in physical therapy?" The sequence of tapping keys never stopping as the skeletal fingers clicked away at stock and correspondence messages from his buyers. Although without a face the skeletal face of the man was clearly annoyed by the company of his daughter.

"Mrs. Louise had to cancel. She had her baby! It's a very cute little girl." Astral said as she looked down at the scarf, "It's almost done." Smiling she went back to work on the scarf with her needles, humming softly as she did.

The scene was soon interrupted as a woman's voice vibrated from the desk speaker. "Mr. Knightwall, your two'o clock is here."

Never ceasing from his typing the man spoke up, "let them in."

The door opened to a worried looking man in his late forties in a suit. His sandy brown hair brushing against his moistening forehead. Clearing his throat he did his best to put on a brave face, even if his legs were still shaking a bit. "It's good to see you Mr. Knightwall." Looking over in the edge of the desk he saw the wheels of the wheelchair first before he saw the delicate frame of the newly nineteen year old. Giving a smile to her, the man seemed to relax in her presence, "and is that Astral over there?"

Astral looked up and a bright smile grew on her face as she steered herself over to the man, "Mr. Cunningham! Oh it's so good to see you!" Reaching up she hugged the man as he bent down to hug her.

Feeling the tension wash away the man stopped shaking and squeezed the girl's hand. "It is indeed. The last time I saw you, you were just a young little sprout. Now look at you. You've grown up into a beautiful young lady." Astral blushed at his words and thanked him, before her father interrupted their playful banter.

Pushing the intercom button with one hand and continuing to type with the other he spoke out. "Rachel, will you come in here and take Astral to get some lunch."

Mr. Cunningham's face paled as Mr. Knightwall called for his daughter to be taken away. His fears becoming realized that this was not a meeting he was going to come out of unscathed. Astral looked over her shoulder to her father, before turning her chair around to face him. "But father I'm old enough to learn about the business. Plus I haven't seen Mr. Cunningham in such a long time."

In a last ditch effort Mr. Cunningham nodded, and tried to add. "Y-yes, she's right. Wh-hy not let her stay or better yet we can have lunch together."

Still refusing to stop typing the man spoke coldly. "I'm sorry Astral but not today. Mr. Cunningham and I have some very serious business to discuss. And you haven't eaten today." The door opened and Rachel, the secretary came in. "Take her to the penthouse for lunch. Make sure she is properly attended." Rachel nodded and grabbed ahold of the handles to Astral's wheelchair and began to pull her away.

Her shoulders slumped Astral knew she couldn't argue with her father when he was like this, "alright..." Looking up at Mr. Cunningham she gave him a soft wave goodbye. "Goodbye Mr. Cunningham. I hope we do meet again."

Holding back the fear on his face he forced himself to smile to the poor girl. "Y-yes. I w-w-would like that very much."

The heavy doors closed behind the two as the air instantly grew stale and the sound seemed to vibrate around the room unable to escape the walls. Cunningham's heartbeat pounded loudly through the room echoing through the empty body of the skeletal man in front of him. Still typing away his voice held a empty soulless tone. "You failed to deliver the proper amount of 'medication' to our suppliers Mr. Cunningham. Three thousand units to be precise."

"Mr. Kn-" He paused and corrected himself, "Mr. Death, please it takes time to produce and our main laboratory had certain scientist who were not alright selling a medicine with such dangerous side effects. We dealt with them quickly, of course, but... we lost a lot of product and good researchers. It was a setback but-"

"That was a lot of money you cost me." The dead man said.

"Yes...but I can get you the rest of the units in the next three months. Besides we have more product that could be useful to you." He flinched as he saw the man slowly move out of his seat, taking a knee he raised his hands up to protect his face. "Products that could be useful to Astral!" Looking out with one eye he saw the man stop and let out a relived sigh. "She still can't walk even after that incident 15 year ago. We've been working on something that might change that for her." A smirk grew on his face as he felt himself holding the upper hand on the man. His breathing heavy his eyes grew unfocused for fear and greed. "Things that could bring her legs back with force. We've been working with heroes who have regenerative properties and the research we've gotten back is fascinating. Just think you could actually see her walking and dancing like all the other girls. Isn't that what you want?" He looked at the dead eyes of the skeleton man, his shoulders rising with every inhale. He sold it to him, he knew he did.

Suddenly there was a sharp pain in his chest and blood gushed from his chest as a blade pierced through him. Letting out a few quick breaths he screamed in pain and fell to the floor. Curling up in pain he screamed and cried as he watched his own blood pool out around him. The skeleton laughed as he typed away. "No. That isn't what I want you fool. Do die quickly now. You have work to do, as do my cleaners." Listening to the man's last guttural gulps of air he heard the ever familiar whine where the soul began to leave the body. The skeleton's strokes on the keyboard slowed as he finished up with his work. "You know I think joining my daughter for lunch is a great idea, Mr. Cunningham. Why don't you get a change of clothes from my personal closet and join us? Maybe something red just in case you leak." The body of Mr. Cunningham twitched and slowly began to push itself up off the floor. Blood gushing from his chest as he twisted and contorted in ways he could never before towards the closet.

Mr. Death closed his laptop and pulled it to his side before moving around his desk and past what was once Mr. Cunningham. Leaving the office he walked past another of her secretaries and gave her a solemn nod. The woman understood what it meant and called the cleaning crew to come up, he hand shaking in fear as she did.

Taking the elevator two floors up to the top he opened the door to his home and was greeted to the warm cheer of his daughter. "Papa! You came to join me!" If the stoic porcelain bone of the man's face could twist, a grin would be on his face as he went to the table to eat with his daughter.

Raiju listened idly to the UEG as they spoke to the seven heroes, sitting with his eyes glued to the screen. Having been shown what they were up against, he felt slight worry - there was a gut feeling that things wouldn't go as planned. Raiju knew he could handle himself quite well in any sort of battle, but there was still something off about the whole thing. After the screen faded out, he ran his hand through his hair. He pushed the feelings to the back of his mind - he won't know until they get there, right? He let himself stand up, moving over to a small window that allowed him to look at the sky from the aircraft. The sight was surely something to behold, and it took his minds off things. Leaning over slightly, he let his mind go blank with peaceful thoughts. Those who were with him looked like interesting characters, some of which he recognized, some who he was not familiar with. His head turned away from the window for a moment, taking a look at the team he was sent with, before turning back to the outside. He gave his trust to them, and he hoped that their combined efforts would allow everything to go just swell.

Aliens were definitely bad news, he could only hope that this time the threat wasn't as extreme. Maybe they'd be in luck, or maybe it'd be even worse. Luckily, now that heroes are widely recognized, threats like these could be dealt with much easier. He let a subtle smile go across his face. One of his hands reached for inside his coat, grabbing ahold of something and pulling it out. It was a small flask that he held in his hand, lifting it to his lips and taking a long sip, while tapping his finger against it rhythmically

When Cyler finished his invention, he looked it over to make sure that it looked alright. As he looked over the tech-loaded gauntlet, he put it on and fitted it onto himself. "Okay, this looks alright. I should probably test this out in the field." Cyler whispered to himself. As he looked at his team members, he took of the mask and lab coat to reveal his green skin. The artic air was cold, but luckily, Cyler had packed his own self-warming jacket. As he looked around, he allowed his tail to slip through a hole in his jeans. He loaded his guns and put them in his holsters. As he waited for the others to get ready, he started to code his gauntlets. He knew what the mission was, but he didn't think that he could really help out much. With a bag full of ammo and self-fixing bandages, he felt that he would be prepared for anything that was in that crater.

Eyepatch.

I don't think that's her name.

Zara was a little surprised Zina hadn't come up with a more colorful name for the purple haired gi-

...rotten shitfa-

That's enough.

There it was. The girl squeaking a greeting gave off a certain nervous demeanor, like she was a little anxious to be here. She seemed much younger than the rest of them, but Zara couldn't be completely sure. Zara didn't really recognize her or many others in the room, and the ones she did recognize she'd never formally met with them. She preferred to keep to herself during jobs, and if she was honest many heroes didn't exactly want to work with her. It was a shock she was even asked to be here. Most of her income simply came from what she got after finishing up a job- she'd never gotten any endorsement deals or anything of the like, which was fine. She still earned plenty to live off of, and that was all she could ask for.

Zara made an effort to give the girl a little smile and a wave, before dropping her hand to her side and taking a deep breath. As discreetly as possible, the willowy girl strode over to one of the plane's corners and took a seat on the floor, with her back against the wall. Most of the gathered heroes were relatively quiet, and for that she was grateful, but it didn't change how crowded the room felt to Zara. Too many people.

I could change that.

Zara wrapped her arms around herself and closed her eyes, trying to ignore the other 6 people in the cabin. The room felt stuffy to her, like the recycled air she was breathing was slowly choking her.

Let me fix it.

Zara took a few more deep breaths before beginning to count down from 100.

99... 98... 97...

...79, 65, 120.

96- stop that.

As Cyler looks around at the heroes around him, he knew that he'd have to talk to some of them soon, because why try to be a team if you have no communication? As he looked around, he saw Zara and decided to go up to her and talk to her. "Ummm... hello. You look stressed out. Are you feeling okay?" As he stood next to her, he felt the cold hit him and felt the coat heat up a bit.

Jennifer at the moment sat at a table in the city. Having a sip of coffee while checking social media. Yes even totally shifty people who had like eighty different identities liked to know about world gossip. Hero breakups, and villain attacks were fun to hear about. She was just checking her email when she noticed something from good old skelebones himself. Mister Death.

Now mister Death was one of the only people Jennifer was wary of. Mostly because he was a crazy unhinged psychopath that just liked to kill people. Jennifer was a crazy psycho who liked to mess with people's heads. That and she still wasn't sure if he was still mad about the last time he'd called her. Jennifer had called him Mister D, and Jack skellington. Just her normal name calling.

He was also one of the few people who had her contact. As was expected Jennifer kept a very low profile. She was sitting in public as a college aged man at the moment for god's sake. She shrugged ah why not. Could be fun. And if he wanted her dead he wouldn't invite Jennifer to his place that's just where she'd expect it. Jennifer finished her coffee, and called a cab. Arriving at the big Guy's tower, she leaned on against a wall. And slowly reverted back to how she actually looked. It'd been awhile. Felt good to be back. She knocked on the door. Locked as usual. Being Jennifer she looked at a security camera and stretched her legs to the size of a giraffe's like walking on stilts. Looking a massive closeup to the camera.

"You called, are you gonna unlock the door, or am I supposed to fly up there. It's impolite to keep a lady waiting you know".

She said. Giving a quick little wave of mock excitement.

The Smuggler
smuggler_concept_by_rob_joseph-d8pv1qn.jpgJames had spent the previous night getting hammered. The hangover he had was a burning reminder if the night before. He had long since moved past to stage of getting blackout drunk but even a little bit would leave him feeling like hell the next day. But hell, the world was ending.

Nonetheless the ladies and liquor had depleted his savings and it was time to see about making some more dough. As he got dressed he played the messages on his E-reader. It read his emails aloud as he dressed occasionally shouting "Next message"

Eventually he heard a name that made him grin ear to ear. Mister Death, funny the mention of his name would usually make people cower, but all James saw was Dollar signs, After all few personal clients ordered as large supplies as he did, more stuff equals more money simple math. Seemed he needed a job done.

"Guess its lobster for dinner tonight." he said as he clasped his gun belt over his jeans and holstered his weapon. He slipped his armor vest over his head then donned the trench coat. A lot of people liked the style of such a coat, or thought they looked cool. James used it for one reason...Pockets.

The trip to the old friends tower didn't take long. After all the woman who's house he had stayed the night at lived only a few blocks away. So rather than take his car he decided to walk. The most recent batch of facial reconstruction would leave him unrecognizable to most. Luckily he had his own kind of calling card. The glowing blue Vapor Cigarette that left a lingering smell of blueberry muffins.

A smell which trailed from the woman's apartment to the ritzy tower several blocks down the road. As he walked down the sidewalk he spotted a beggar with a cup full of coins and cash. Reaching into his pocket he found some bottle caps from the night before and dropped them into the cup. But as he did so he let his hand get a little too close to the cup. Where he grabbed four one dollar bills and smiled at the man. When he said Thank you responding with "Anytime Mate." before turning into a coffee shop to grab some morning joe.

"Keep the change." he said as he walked across the final street towards the tower. spotting a woman with elongated legs he Snickered at her comment. "Come on Dove, our kind take the back entrance."
Yahhah Yahhah
The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

"77... 76..." Zara hadn't realized she'd begun to recite the numbers in a hushed tone, until she heard someone seemingly right next to her begin talking. Stiffening, she opened her eyes and glanced up a bit to see whoever was standing there. She hadn't gotten his name, but she'd heard him mumbling to himself, though she wasn't sure what he'd been going on about. Probably something involving whatever he was tinkering with off to the side.

Asswad.

He's just worried.

With a lopsided smile, Zara responded, "Maybe not okay, but things could be worse, yeah?" She fidgeted with her hands, wishing he'd step back a bit. Under normal circumstances, she didn't mind being in... general vicinity with other people, but right now she had no means of getting away. It made her antsy just thinking about it.

You're stuck here.

Despite her looking at him, she wasn't making eye contact, looking more so at the top of his head. His skin was an unusual tone, but then, most things had become a little peculiar. It made things unique.

He looks like the Hulk.

Like you're one to talk.

Eh? I'm gorgeous.

"No you're not," Zara mumbled, having a hard time keeping track of the two conversations. Cracking her knuckles slightly, she ignored the little comments she was hearing and spoke to the man in front of her this time, "What's your name? Holding up alright up here?" She assumed he was, and Zara didn't think he or anyone else here needed to be babied. Still, he'd been a little concerned about her, so she supposed it'd be polite to return the gesture.

You don't deserve someone's worry.

That's right.

Satsu was relieved that the woman responsed more positive than what she would have thought, it would have been troublesome otherwise for the rest of the heroes. She sensed one of the few observers lost interest as another hero approaches.

He introduced himself to Zara but was summarily ignored. Huh.

The heroine retreated further into the corner as she started tomumble out and Count down. A classic way for people to clam down and decompress.

The man continued to approach the distressed hero.

This looks bad. Satsu thought as she saw how Zara seemed to be deciding on something. Before anything can happen, She walked slowly and sent out a reassuring grin at the woman while signaling the oblivious veterans to give both of us some space.

This felt similar to HIM that time when- Satsu Stopped that train of thought...

Its best not to reminisce on the bad past, the girl needs help.

"Hey Zara" I began carefully making myself less threatening and open, I need her to trust me for this. "I know you don't know me...uh well My name is Satsu" She said to the dark haired woman.

"I know you feel uncomfortable with all of this people around and..." she gently said as she slowly made a gesture revealing an illusioned rose to the troubled girl.

"I can help you feel less cramped in this space"

"Oh, sorry. My name's Cyler. It feels okay for the arctic here." As he looked around, he started to feel like Zara wasn't okay, but he knew that it would be okay. "So, what can you do?"

The man who introduced himself as Cyler seemed to ignore my signal and approached the distressed woman.

This is bad. Satsu thought as she assessed the current emotional patterns of the dark-haired heroine. At this rate she would have a full blown panic attack and do something terrible that can compromise the mission. Continuing my train of thought at the possible situation a few only seemed to notice.

"Cyler sir... I think its not the time for a little meet and greet" Satsu said respectfully whipe carefully eying the reaction of Zara. Readying myself to weave a subduing illusion for any violent episodes.

Cyler looked out the window. "Definitely not. I'd expect we'll be jumping out anytime soon." As Cyler turned around and walked past Satsu, he went and sat down and made a little metal statue. He sat it down and moved about ten feet away from it and aimed his gauntlet at it and fired a small bone dart at the statue. Seeing the bone indented in the statue, he picked up the statue and put it in his bag. As he sat down, he continued to make more metal statues.

Last edited:
The Plane

As the heroes neared the antartctic shelf finally the sea gave way to ice and the pilots voice crackled over the speaker. "Alright heroes we are making our final approach. You may wanna get strapped in, the landings are always hard here. Best of luck you guys."sure enough it wasn't five minutes before the plane touched down on a stretch of salted asphalt. Almost as soon as the plane touched down the UEG facility director approached bundled in fur and thick clothes. "Welcome heroes, i have taken the liberty of preparing a pack for each of you. It is a 700 mile hike inland to your target. As for transportation, i can offer a dog sled. Anything mechanical or using electricity shuts down at the 70 mile line." as he talked he guided them to a warehouse where seven backpacks waited loaded with the thinks needed to set up camp and enough rations for a week. Three dog sleds and teams of happy looking huskies wandered around the warehouse sniffing the new people. Shaun dropped down to a knee as the do. Approached him and sniffed. For the first time since the trip had started he had a smile. "whats up pups."he said as he gave the dogs a good scruffing before rising to his feet. As per usual he was oblivious to the directions being given, the others could handle this.​

As Cyler listened, he decided that he would try to keep the gauntlets. When he saw the dogs he showed his palm and allowed the dogs to get to recognize his scent. As he saw the dogs, he cracked a smile. He had always liked animals. They never judged him because of how he looked. "So, what can we expect out here?" Cyler asked the director as he grabbed one of the packs

Satsu was relieved to hear the announcement as she looked back at the central monitor. She was glad that the announcement had broken the tension forming within the Group before the plane even landed.

Taking a deep breath, she casually checked over her equipment on hand before looking back at Zara.

"Well nice meeting you Ms. Zara, I do hope we can meet up together after this debacle" She smiled as she subtly cast down a calming Illusion on the frazzled woman.

That should help for at least half an hour or so Satsu thought as she stepped out and grabbed the backpack and grabbed a metallic tube out of her Hip pouch.

Hefting the pack on her right shoulder she walked down the opened bay and trudged the snowy terrain.

"Mission start I guess" Satsu stated as her expressive eyes and sunny disposition disappeared into a blank expression, her left hand flicked the tube To extend it into a very ornate Trident.

Last edited:
Jennifer shortened her legs and stretched her arms. Seemingly snapping them out of place in unnatural angles. She snapped them back, and looked at the man. Dove huh, ah she was more of a snake. No need to let him know that. She gave him a smile that went from ear to ear, and giggled like she was one of those stereotypical dumb blondes.

"Of course. How silly of me"

She said. Moving to the back. Examining the new one with a glance. Well he knew what she really looked like. Though he didn't know that and she didn't plan to let him know that either. Though she did fork her tongue as a snake. A little surprise for when she spoke to good old Mister Death. She turned around.

“Ya coming sweetie”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back