• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Supernatural Reassignment Agency

Aya's eyes followed Jamie's gaze downward, now that she was closer she could see that he had A Wrinkle in Time. A classic, one she'd read a long time ago in school, though honestly she couldn't remember what it was about. Aya used to read all the time, but as she grew older she became more and more fond of...extravagant pass times.
She'd evened out though, once she hit her twenties, mainly because her father got sick. The poor kid was tripping over his words, but Aya was patient and didn't make a move into to interupt.
He'd get it out eventually, she wanted him to get comfortable talking to her.

As the book came up she reached out and took it gently from the teen, flipping it over she scanned the back summary befor looking to Jamie.

"I read it when I was in school...heck I was probably around your age...but it's been a while". She cocked her head to the side, curious as to why the teen was so interested.
Perhaps he'd never read it?

"If you'd like, we could read it together, it would be a nice break from work".
She knew she looked a mess and mentally she kicked herself for not straightening herself up before leaving her office. Normally it didn't matter but with Jamie here she didn't want to look like a hag...

That was probably an offensive thought given hags existed...but the point still stands.

You can bet that he mentally smacked himself in the face for stumbling so much. Before the book was removed from its place between them, he stared downward at the floor and mouthed a very choicey swear word that will not be uttered again. The book now had a place in Aya's hand, and for a brief moment Jamie thought he saw the briefest flickers of nostalgia cross her face. However, it seemed a little bitter sweet.

Her suggestion had every part of the boy freezing up. Jamie hadn't known what to expect from coming to her with a book, or why he was as distressed-acting as he was. The book was one he remembered and liked, but... Well, this was the best option he could've asked for. Rather subconsciously a small smile twitched across his face and he brought his arms back down, gaze now keeping itself still. "Just... Just maybe a chapter or two..?" the raven offered in response, becoming more grounded than flighty. "I mean- Do you think you could spare the time..?"

What was he doing.

Aya missed Jamie's little slip up, though honestly she wouldn't have cared much if she had heard it. She used to say rather...dicey things when she was young, so it wouldn't have been strange to hear Jamie saying them as well.
Though maybe that was a sign she was more of a lax parent than her own father had been, but that was neither here nor there. The smile that came to Jamie's face did not go unnoticed though.
Smiles from Jamie were rare, so enticing one out of him brought a grin to her face as well.

Standing she offered the teen her hand.

"Trust me, I've got all the time in the world to spend with you...besides, I think a break is just what I need". She chuckled. "Would you like to go the library, or outside...or to the parlor...?".
In this old house there were lots of places to choose from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back