Story Superhero Story Dump

thorsayingyeet

I'M BACK (sorta)
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
(I'm not that good at writing good stories, but this is my first time actually sharing it to the world. Any pointers and tips, I'd be happy to take. Fun Fact: This is for my English assignment xD

Oh, yeah, if you see certain words that you think are spelt wrong, I'm from Australia, so words here are kinda spelt differently here, just in case you get confused over it or whatever. Enjoy the story! :)

P.S.: I''m lowkey planning to integrate this and characters I have created into my version of the Marvel Universe, I've been in love the Marvel Universe ever since watching 2002's Spider-Man. And it'd be interesting how my characters interact with characters from the Marvel Universe.)

Psionic

"Ugh! Nothi-nothing's working, damn it!" Damian's voice projected throughout the area, surrounded by lush trees, dismembered branches and fallen leaves. He fell to his hands and knees as he struggled to regain his breath. His plain, black fringe and mulberry robes blew to one side of him as he felt the cool air hit his skin. "I-I'm ready! I'm sure of it!" The younger boy yelled again, this time to the older woman standing before him, her hands placed firmly on her hips. Her head slowly turned side-to-side, followed by a 2 second sigh. "You're... not EXACTLY ready for what I am preparing you to face," the woman explained to him, inspecting his posture before Damian rose to his feet. "This is much, much immense than you and I, and I want... no... I NEED you to be fully prepared for the incoming. And your mind... your mind still has much strength to build. If I send you off now, all this training, all this... for nothing."

A bright shade of magenta suddenly flashed through the air and into the nearby tree, leaving nothing but a burn mark on the old trunk. The dissatisfied look on Damian's face told the story of how he felt after months of rigorous training. "I can fire plasma bolts from my hands, what more do you want?!" A step and a kick later rattled the leaves of the poor tree. “You can only truly understand the world after you have understood yourself, Damian.” The appearance of the older woman was much of the same as a 25 year old woman; her teal locks brushed to one side, barely covering her stone eyes, as well as her own white, grey and blue robes. “Try again one last time, Damian.” She softly spoke, stepping half a metre back from her original position. “Take deep breaths, channel your psionic energy to materialise a weapon into your hands." A frustrated sigh left the mouth of the boy, before doing as his mentor told him so. "Expecting it to work so suddenly shows the arrogance and impatience your aura represents; your stance and actions show as well. You have lots of potential, Damian. How you control it, harness it, is your decision." As much as Damian hated to admit, she was right. He couldn't explain how or why, but he just knew that in some way, she was right.

5 and a half years ago, Damian Braddock was a 17 year old from Birmingham, West Midlands, England when his powers were first activated. A PE teacher with a passion for dodgeball and showing his students 'tough love' crossed the line. By the time he blew the whistle, Damian slid towards the ball closest to his teacher, raging with violet eyes. A slight shade of purple took over the ball with his touch, and it was only after his teacher laid in a bloodied mess Damian realises what he had done, and barely realises the kind of power he currently possesses. 5 and a half years later, Damian Braddock, now going by the name 'Psionic', is now a 22 year old, under the tutelage of a mysterious, yet experienced woman, with much more control over his powers, and has proven much so in a sparring session with the woman.

The woman's abilities did not prove to be a challenge to Psionic unlike their previous sessions. The canary light wrapped around her arms and legs looked like one-colour light show in Psionic's eyes. Dodging is a natural ability for most people, but he knew he had to show the woman how much he has grown. An aura enhanced palm strike with enough power to kill a normal human being was stopped by the timing of the energy shield Psionic had materialised. Now on the offensive, he took the opportunity to push up against her. Despite the trouble he had with finding her vulnerable points, he was able to land a couple of chops to her sides, blocking almost every counterattack by the woman. He waited for the right time to finally finish the fight, and so with a strong shove, he was able to knock the woman off-balance, before a kick that sent her laying on her back ended the session. “You have shown to be as capable as I thought you would be, young Damian.” The woman looked to him as she rose to her feet. She cleans whatever dirt her robe had come into contact with, before guiding the young man to her small abode.

“Throughout the years I’ve taught you, I grew more proud of you every single day. No matter how dire the circumstances were then." The strawberry incence filled Damian's nose as he entered through the door, the warmth hit him like a freight train. The candles set the mood after the woman closed the door behind him. "You were but a boy when I met you. A boy with the power to manipulate energy at will." Damian nodded silently as he took a seat on the wooden floor. "I am ready for what you are preparing for me to face, Master," He spoke confidently as his legs were now in a crossed position. The woman was hesitant, but nodded, and soon left him alone, heading through a doorway without saying a word. The curiousness inside of Damian seemed to have never left, as he found himself stepping through the doorway as well. Inside was nothing but a glowing canary figure a few steps away from him. He stepped closer towards the figure, and as he got closer, the woman was standing defencively, the glow around her slowly lit the room. "There's a certain power you never wanted me to learn, did you?" The rage in his eyes returned with clenched fists. "Isn't that right... AVRA?!" That question alone was enough for Avra to charge towards him. Damian's palm was raised towards her before a white light. The light soon faded, now only Damian remained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back