• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Sunsets Under Eastern Skies (with Calibutcher)

myvalentina

A half forgotten song
It's the late 1960s and Sergio Leone's A Fistful of Dollars has sparked a rush to produce Spaghetti Western all across Europe. For the actors and directors it boils down to just another paycheck, but for many it was a beautiful lifestyle. A real cowboy and an Italian gitana meet on the set of a forgettable movie, and under the glare of artificial lights and in between the fake sets they find something real.

john-dominis-actor-john-wayne-during-filming-of-western-movie-the-undefeated.jpg

"Or my name ain't Chester Will!" Chester stood on the last scene of the movie in front of his antagonist known as the black dog. The villian wore his all black outfit black hat black bandanna and a black trench coat. Chester had his long barrel revolver drawn on the fiend he had chased him across desserts and a mountain range through small towns and sprawling cities and now finally at this water hole in a town he had never heard of he had the man at a dead end with no options left. Black dog you are coming with me. The Dog refused "You can never end me I will always live on!" The dog reached for his pistol hoping he was a quick enough draw but just as his hand reached the Hilt of his weapon Chester fired his round not to kill the man but to make his holster fall of his belt. It was an impressive shot only a true western like Chester could have done it. The Black Dog scowled "didn't anyone ever tell you what happens when you back a wild animal into a corner?..."

Chester grinned "I reckon I missed that bit i'm not much of an animal hunter."

The Black Dog began approaching Chester He growled a long low guttural sound. "your.. gonna .get...bit" The black Dog lunged at Chester and pulled out a knife Chester spun around past the man and brought the butt of his gun to the back of the man's head with a sharp crack. the Black Dog dropped to the ground unconscious. Chester stood over his body for a moment "I would've killed you long ago but your worth more alive then dead." Chester walked to his horse pulled of some rope and went and tied up The villainous Black Dog he hefted the man up on to the back of his trusty steed mounted his horse and rode into the sunset.

"Annd CUT!" The rest of the lights came on Chester stopped his horse and Helped the Black Dog who was actually Roy a good actor and friend. He got him untied and and off the horse. He gave Roy a pat on the back. "That was great!" Roy nodded in agreement but rubbed the back of his head. "Ya coul've taken it a little easier though.."

Chester looked at the back of Roy's head there was a bump indeed. "ah that ain't nothing you'll live." Chester took his Horse over to the animal handler he had enjoyed the horse it was easier to work with then most that he had on set. Horses were better from America in his opinion. But the money was better here so he would make do. Chester Walked past the Director and gave him a half salute that was his last scene for this movie it was enjoyable but he wanted to go out and celebrate the end of another movie. He started for the door he was ready to go out. as he was almost at the door he turned to hear the director talking to Roy. Once he say it di not apply to him he started walking again but was not watching where he was going. He ran right into someone. and fell flat on his butt. "Doggone it watch where ya goin...."He stopped he saw who he had bumped into it was a beautiful women he had seen her around but did not really know her or what she did there. "My apologies miss I need to be more careful." He offered her his hand and flashed a big smile. "I'm Chester Will and who might you be?"

Santina remembered when the first film crew had set up on the outskirts of her town. They had driven trucks and trailers straight through the the center, waking the citizens up at an ungodly hour. As the sun peaked above the horizon, a crowd had gathered to watch them set up tents, lights, and begin construction. By midday only children and delinquents had stuck around to watch the slow formation of their dusty plains into a flat faced old western town. And when the sun began to set, the last stragglers picked up their empty finished bottles and left.

Only Santina remained, enthralled by the controlled madness. Her father had to come fetch her when she missed dinner, scolding and dragging her by her ear.

After that day, she spent all of her free time observing the film crew, documenting everything in a journal every night, so by the time they left four weeks later she would always have memories of the traveling western town that emerged one sleepy summer.

She never imagined they'd be back the next year, with a bigger crew and even a flashy American actor in tow. Santina did the same for this film shoot, even going so far as to visit the set and ask for a tour, taking diligent notes every night. Then she did it again the next year and the next year. Growing up she never imagined such a spectacle, but she loved every minute of it.

At the height of it all, sixteen movies would be filming, many simultaneously, as a horde of actors and extras floated from scene to scene like pieces of the scenery. The rush back and forth from sets, to scenes, to close-ups and masters, and key lights to spotlights it was magnificent all telling disjointed stories of dueling at high noon for the honor of a town that didn't even know your name.

After a time she had noticed a decline in production. And this year as the summer was coming to an end she thought maybe the money had dried, leaving behind a fake western facade and a large warehouse locked up to gather an real layer of dust.

Fall had begun with a cool breeze from the west, when the film crew finally showed up. She had been at work, busing tables at her father's restaurant. She ducked out the minute she heard another pezzo di merda film crew had come into town. The shooting was quick, and the actors rushed, the once beautiful chaotic dance of quality lacking in this particular production crew. In her mind it felt like the end.

The director had invited her on set for the last day of filming. He'd told her she could take something as a souvenir and to not expect another crew to come around anymore. So she asked to sit with him on the last scene of the film inside the large warehouse. She sat in the directors chair trying to lose herself in the scene, to have the world drop around her as the valiant hero conquered evil. An elevation of fable to the heights of myth...

"Annd cut!"

Like that five years of her life ended. She got up immediately leaving as she felt some pressure in her eyes. She wanted to go home. She needed to write it all down, and try to express everything she couldn't say, but her scarf! She had forgotten her scarf in the chair. She turned on her heels rushing back hoping the giant man would move for her. But he didn't and her momentum was too strong to pull against, so she ran straight into the man, the hero.

She was stunned for a moment, a soft curse falling from her lips. "Scusa, I was in a hurry, Mr. Chester. I would love to chat, but devo andare." She said, taking off again to grab her scarf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back