• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Suns of the Eclipse

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

scorpiodragon

Five Thousand Club
Two and a half years passed as trainers from all over the world began their studies to get their Pokémon license which would allow them to officially own Pokémon. A license that would allow them to participate in a wonderful journey, capture Pokémon, travel and participate in regional events such as gym battles or the island challenge. Wherever they were, there was one thing they had in common, they were all children between the ages of ten to twelve years of age and they were all chosen due to having something special. They would need to work past their differences, their family fame would not help them, but their pasts did not matter.

In Alola, it was a clear night and a comfortable sixty-five degrees outside. The seas were calm and for all appearances it was just a normal evening for one young trainer who was destined to retrieve her starter Pokémon from Professor Kukui but she would end up receiving something more. In Kanto and Johto, the weather appeared to mirror each other, rain that had come through Johto from the west now raining down on Kanto, leaving the western region in fog while the eastern region was overcast and pouring down rain. Within Galar, which was connected to Kalos by train, the weather was cool and only forty-nine degrees, two hours from dawn having passed. In Iphiolon, one of the furthest regions on the continent Epsilon lying to the west of Alpha Continent, the evening of Marxis's twelfth birthday was going to be cold and rainy on the October morning he would begin his journey. Regardless, of the current time within the region one was, what mattered was they would all be arriving at one place and that was the Almia region.

Upon waking and preparing for the day they would be getting their partner Pokémon from their respective professor, there would be an email notice popping up onto their computer screens. Upon clicking on the email, there would be an attachment which would pull up to reveal the picture of the Almia region. Clicking out of it, while wondering who had emailed them a picture of Almia, they would read the following email message.

22342DB4-27DA-4DA0-8F84-24303DDB2584.png
Send New Email
New Email Received
Chosen Trainer
Hello Trainer!

Hello trainer! Before you is a map of the Almia region, a region known to train Pokémon Rangers from around the world. My name is Hamilton Dracaena, the regional professor of the Terracotta region. You and seven other children have been chosen for something special within each of you. It might be due to the legendries of your region or it might be due to your family. Regardless, you will not be going on a journey like your comrades but will instead receive a package with your partner Pokémon.

Adios trainers!

~ Professor Dracaena

The message ends and the children viewing this email across the world are all stumped. But soon excitement overwhelms them and they set off for the journey to their Professor's laboratory. While there they receive a package in a blank manila envelope, and were given their partner pokemon along with the other children of their age who would also be retrieving their starters. While their comrades went on to compete in contests, gym battles or the island challenge, the respective regional professors would give them their partner's pokeball along with six other pokeballs and a pokedex before being taken in the back of the labratory where they would be given an egg.

latest

The regional professor of each region turns to these new trainers as they open the packet, their starter Pokémon out of their pokeball, having been revealed to the trainer before the picking, speaks. "This is a version of the Sinnoh pokedex, only upgraded. It allows you to scan pokeballs and the pokemon within it, identifies Pokémon seen or caught, identifies Pokémon moves and shows the rarity of the pokemon from common, uncommon, rare and super rare," said the Professor. "Once you are done reading, you will be picked up in a paid car and taken to the airport where you'll board a plane to the Almia region."

terracotta_town_map_by_stormwolves_ddoh9l4-fullview.jpg

terracotta_map_by_stormwolves_ddl4z5u-fullview.jpg

One by one, across the world, the trainers nod as they turn the envelope into their lap to reveal a medallion, a letter, two first class tickets to Almia and to the Terracotta region, a map of the Almia region and a map of the Terracotta region. Opening the letter, the trainers begin to read it, realizing it is from this professor from the Terracotta region. Setting the maps of the Terracotta region, which you have never heard of, and the Almia region, you focus on the letter.

s-l300.jpg

Hello Trainer!

So, you have received your starter Pokémon and the package with the medallion? Excellent news! As mentioned in the email I sent you in the evening or day if you in Alola, my name is Professor Hamilton Dracaena. I am originally from the Reflye region, though I expect you haven't heard of it, same as the Terracotta region. The Terracotta region doesn't really open its borders to other regions. You are one of the eight chosen children able to get resident visas to live here and enter the region but first you will be going to Almia for two weeks to bond with your starter and learn to take care of your Pokémon egg.

If you have not been within the Almia region, there is a Pokémon ranger school there located east of Vientown. Almia is north of Sinnnoh and east of Fiorre with the Oblivia Islands between them. In the regions of Fiorre and Almia, you cannot catch Pokémon and your pokeballs will not work there as the people of Fiorre and Almia believe that your pokemon should always be beside you. You'll land on Boyleland Island where you will then take a ferry to the Ranger school's port where you'll met Professor Hastings who will show you to the dorms where you will be living. Please make sure you have your medallion on you, it will allow you not only passage to Almia but also passage into Terracotta. You might notice a slight burning when putting the medallion on, it will tap into your life force or so the inscription said meaning nobody but you can wear it. Enjoy your two weeks young trainers in Almia and I will see you soon.

Professor Dracaena

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Teams:
Kanto
Johto-Sabrina O'Kelly (age 10/f) | Starter: Cyndaquil, Larvitar | Bonded To: Entei
Hoenn-Tyr Atlanta (age 12/m) | Starter: Mudkip, Bagon | Bonded To:
Sinnoh-Andy Richter (age 11/m) | Starter: Piplup, Amaura | Bonded To: Cressila
Unova-Ophelia Sinclair (age 12/f) | Starter: Snivy, Frillish | Bonded To: Cobalion
Kalos-Caspian La Moure (age 11/m) | Starter: Fennekin, Ralts | Bonded To: Xerneas
Alola-Mala Nyles (age 12/f) Starter: Litten, Dreepy | Bonded To: Sivally
Galar-Anemone Whitebeam (age 10/f) | Starter: Scorbunny, Tyrunt | Bonded To: Zamazenta
Iphiolon-Marxis Quinn (age 12/m) | Starter: Flamung, Spheal | Bonded To: Panthola

Okay so that is just a quick introduction. Here are what I require within your first post:

• Your reaction to the email on the morning (or evening if you're in Alola) you receive
  • Receiving your starter Pokémon
  • Response to your letter
  • It is currently October 1st so we are in mid-autumn right now.
ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi GamerKitty205 GamerKitty205 rowie rowie mdebourg mdebourg

Last edited:
Anemone Whitebeam|10 Yrs-Female|Ballonlea, Galar

The day of Anemone's journey was filled with nervousness and trepidation, the ten year old having spent the last two and a half years taking lessons and classes on Pokemon care, being a trainer and a few contest classes as the contests interested her. Though they were not something that Galar did, her mother had said that there were contests within Sinnoh where she had been born. The pre-teen woke with her stomach twisting itself into knots as she prepared for the beginning of her journey, making her way towards the bathroom after grabbing a pair of clean clothes. Downstairs she could smell breakfast cooking, no doubt thanks to her mother. Heading into the bathroom, she undressed and turned on the water, waiting for it to turn warm before stepping in and closing the shower door behind her. She was glad her parents had got a house that had a separate shower from the bathtub. Afterwards, she dried off and got dressed, running a brush through her hair and continuing her preparations for being ready before heading back to her room to check her computer. Turning it on, she noticed there was an mail notice on her computer in the form of an envelope and opened it, wondering who had potentially messaged her. She didn't have any friends from living in the Sinnoh region, well none that were allowed to talk to her with who her mother was, and she was now so far away from Sinnoh that she didn't really remember much of it, despite being there until she was four years old.

Anemone read over the email, finding herself more puzzled then when she had opened it. She didn't know anything of the Terracotta region nor of the Almia region. Anemone read over it once more before clicking out of the message as the writer, some professor from a region called Reflye which she'd also never heard of, didn't seem to expect a reply. What was it that could possibly cause her to be signaled out of the group of six that were starting their journey today? What did the legendries of Galar have to do with her being chosen to go on some...adventure? Frowning, she turned her computer off and grabbed her bag before heading down the hall and towards the stairs which she descended to the first floor and towards the dining room.

Her parents and younger brothers were awake and at the table, her mother laying food on the table. Dropping her bag, her seven year old brother got up and hugged her. "What Pokémon are you going to choose Anemone?"

"I'm hoping to get a Scorbunny. There's six of us this year so there's going to be two of each starter," said Anemone. She hugged her brother back and headed towards the table, taking a seat. Her mother finished setting out the plates though Anemone waited for them to start eating before speaking. "Have either of you heard of the Almia region?" she questioned. "Or the Reflye and Terracotta regions?"

"Almia is a region where people go to train to become Pokémon rangers," said her mother. "It was never on Team Galatic's plans to take over as we were more focused on creating a new world," she said. "But I haven't heard of the Reflye and Terracotta regions. Perhaps they are new regions or old ones that have faded out of history of the rest of the world."

"I suppose there might be some regions that have yet to be discovered," said Anemone's father. "The only foreign region I know of is Iphiolon and that was only discovered a year ago."

"Why do you ask Anemone?"

"I got an email today from the professor of Terracotta who said that I and a few other people from the world were chosen for something and we were going to Almia for two weeks before going to the Terracotta region," said Anemone, her brows furrowing in confusion.

Her parents looked at each other. "That seems kind of strange," said Anemone's mother. "But if you wish to go, it is a region that is unknown to us. The postcards would be nice to look at as well as the video chats. We have no problems if you go but you don't have to stay there. You can always come back to Galar and your father will see if one of his contacts will endorse and approve of your taking on the gym challenge of Galar."

That was another thing that was different from the other regions, or at least from Sinnoh and Johto, her father having been from there. Anemone nodded and turned her attention to her meal, listening to her brothers talk about their own Pokemon journeys they would take in the future. After finishing her meal, she got to her feet as she finished her orange juice and began the journey towards Professor Magnolia's lab within Wedgehurst. Her journey took her through the Glimwood Tangle which separated Ballonlea and Stow-on-side, east on Route 6, which took her to Hammerlocke where she took the train to Wedgehurst. She then headed southwest of the train station to the town, having done quite a lot of walking to get to the train station in Hammerlocke. She looked for Professor Magnolia's laboratory, meeting up with the trainer from Hammerlocke who had slept in. They didn't say anything, the pair finally finding the professor's lab and entered it, seeing the other trainers already there.

"Welcome trainers," said Professor Magnolia. "Are you ready to begin your adventure?"

"Yes," chorused six childish voices.

"Now, Anemone you will need to stay after the others have left. I received an email saying that you would be going somewhere else," said Professor Magnolia.

"Okay," said Anemone. She was surprised the professor had gotten an email as well. Two of each of the Galarian starters appeared, one of each sex. Two Grookey, two Scorbunny which caused her eyes to light up, and two Sobble. All these Pokémon seemed to have their own personalities. As each trainer chose their Pokémon, they were given six pokeballs and a pokedex with an endorsement letter before heading out. Anemone waited nervously, hoping that nobody would pick the female Scorbunny which seemed timid for it wasn't as lively as the other Pokémon. Finally it was her turn, there being one Sobble left to choose from. "I'll take the female Scorbunny," said Anemone. "Scorbunny would you like to be my partner?"

"Scor," said Scorbunny, her ears drooping before rushing to hide underneath a chair. As the boy from the Hammerlocke chose the male Sobble and left, she went over to the Scorbunny.

"Professor?"

"Your Scorbunny is timid but give it time and I'm sure it will turn into a good pokemon," said Professor Magnolia. "Why don't you get your Scorbunny and I will retrieve a package for you."

"Do you know anything about the Terracotta region Professor?"

"It's an old region that is rather secretive and mistrusting of outsiders. Why they have opened up their land to, from what I get from the email eight children around the world is a mystery to me my dear. I'm afraid I cannot help you there."

"That's okay Professor Magnolia." She turned her attention towards the Scorbunny and went over to the chair it was hiding under, pulling out a can of Pokémon food. "Hey there," she said. "I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to be your friend and trainer," she said. She opened the can of food, she had begged her mother for the fire-type Pokémon food as she'd hoped to get the Scorbunny before her, and took out a few pieces before holding her hand out to the Rabbit Pokémon with the food. The food seemed to help the Scorbunny though it still took ten minutes to come out and it was soon eating out of her hand. She smiled and headed towards a chair to sit down, the Scorbunny coming after her. "I think I'll name you Fleet," she said.

"Scor?" Fleet questioned.

Professor Magnolia led Anemone to the back of her lab after she had gotten a bit acquainted with Scorbunny. Before her was an a brown rough-hewn egg that felt rocky when she touched it, a white band around the middle and orange veins running through it. "I have been instructed to give you an egg by Professor Dracena," said Professor Magnolia, "as were each of the other regional professors." She put the egg into an egg container with a pokeball set in the top. "I'm afraid I do not know what Pokemon it will be but it is your job to care for it as you would Scorbunny."

"I will," said Anemone, though the child was surprised she was getting an egg at all. She took the egg as Fleet hopped onto her shoulder and she turned to leave the back of the lab, heading towards the front as the professor said she had to get something else before she could begin her journey.

"Here you go," said Professor Magnolia, coming back with the envelope and then turning to retrieve the pokeballs and the pokedex. Anemone studied the envelope which was nondescript and opened it. Turning it over, she dumped out a medallion, two tickets, a letter and two maps. One she recognized as Almia, one she did not recognize. Setting the medallion, tickets and maps aside, she opened the letter and read over it.

"How odd...this seems to be from Professor Dracaena," Anemone said to herself. She looked at the medallion as she that it might cause burning as it tapped into her life force. She didn't understand what that meant nor liked the sound of it. Looking back over the letter, she bit her lip. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all? Hesitantly, she set the letter back into the envelope and looked at the tickets, seeing one to Almia in first class which looked like it went to Alola and another one to Terracotta in two weeks. What was the surprise they were getting in Almia? Another Pokémon? More pokeballs? She hoped it was something useful. Hesitantly, she picked up the medallion and put it over her head, the medallion resting against her shirt. It didn't do anything but she slipped it under her shirt, wanting to feel how it felt against her skin. That was when the burning started and she winched as it heated up, burning her skin. While it burned her, she felt exhaustion suddenly take over her, unknowing the skin contact was needed to take the life force at first from her. It wasn't enough to kill her, but it was enough to leave some lingering feelings of tiredness for a while. She became a bit pale as well, another side effect of the medallion taking her life force.

"Scorbunny?" Fleet questioned looking at her.

"Are you alright dear? You look a bit pale."

"F...fi...fine," yawned Anemone. She took her pokedex and pokeballs, before putting the ticket to the Terracotta region, the two maps and letter in the manila envelope and the pokedex and pokeballs in her bag. Closing it, she walked outside where she found a man in sunglasses and a suit waiting outside.

"Anemone Whitebeam?"

"Yes?"

"Name's Davidson. I'll be taking you to the airport where the plane is waiting." Shrugging, she nodded and got in the car, Scorbunny hopping in beside her and settling on the seat as they went to the airport. When they got there, the driver took her through a private security line for rich people and led her towards the gate where he bid her good day. She handed her ticket to the gate person and then headed down the gate to the plane. Once everyone was loaded, the plane took off for its next destination, Alola. As she looked around, she could see six other people sitting within first class, all children like herself. Scorbunny sat in the seat next to her and she realized the seats next were positioned so the trainers could sit with their starter pokemon.

OOC: So the plane journey would be:

Kanto to Johto and south to Hoenn, up northwest to Sinnnoh, west to Kalos, across the sea to Unova, southwest to Alola and then east to Iphiolon. So, my boy will be the last one to be picked up on the plane.

Sabrina woke up, excitement feeling her body as she hopped out of bed. Today was the day she'd been studying for for the past 2 and a half year; the day she'd finally get her starter pokemon. She had already pulled her outfit out and left it on her desk chair. As she went over to change she noticed an email notification on her computer. She quickly changed before sliding into the seat to open the email. Upon reading the email her brows furrowed, needing to reread it in order to process the email. She had never even heard of these regions.
"Mom! Dad!" she called out from her desk. It wasn't long till both of her parents came rushing into the room.
"What is it sweetie?" "You okay? Nervous?" "Are you missing something?" The two of them spoke over each other almost incoherently as they hurried to her side. Sabrina just pointed to her computer, her parents comedically quieting down all at once as they peered over her shoulders to read the email on her screen.
"Professor Dracaena? I've never heard of him," Her mother piped up first.
"Not this Terracotta Region? But the Almia Region-," Her father followed.
"Yes, that would be good for her," interrupted her mother.
"Who knows what pokemon are in this terracotta region. This could be really good for her," Her father again chimed in earning an approving nod from her mother. The duo looked back down at Sabrina who had been sitting quietly in between them. She was used to their enthusiasm whenever anything interesting had happened to Sabrina.
"Well sweetie, are you going?" her mother asked, raising an eyebrow.
"I don't know... Do you think I should? It seems like I'll be somewhere unknown and far away," Sabrina responded meekly a bit unsure about the situation.
"I think you should, as a pokemon trainer, since who knows what pokemon might be there. Or what things you might discover," Her father responded excitedly before calming down a bit and continuing, "and hopefully you'll still be able to contact us while you're there and not feel so alone."
Sabrina narrowed her eyes a bit, smiling in amusement. "Oh, so you want me to go for you," she teased. "But you do have a point, this could be a once in a lifetime experience."
"Then it's settled, well finish getting ready then." Her mother said, giving Sabrina a gentle squeeze on the arm before they both exited the room. After she finished cleaning and eating breakfast they all climbed into the car to go to New Bark Town.
"So which pokemon do you plan on getting?" Her father asked.
"I think I want a cyndaquil. They're so cute! Plus Typhlosion seems pretty cool," She responded. As she looked out the window she watched the clouds in the very grey sky. They chatted a bit more till they reached the professor's lab.
"Well this is it," Sabrina said, hugging her one last time. "Bye, I love you." With that she pulled her jacket closer before hopping out of the car. The other new trainers seemed to be just arriving as well.

"Welcome trainers. I hope you're ready to start your new adventure and thought over who you want carefully. Remember: your partner is important." Professor Elm greeted, waving the children in to pick their pokemon one after another. Sabrina was the second to be able to get her pokemon.
"Oh Sabrina, I have something I have to give you so I'll need you to stick around. So, who do you choose?"
Looking over at the pokemon there was a cyndaquil who seemed a bit more confident than your typical cyndaquil; well, at least not so shy. "I'll take this Cyndaquil," Sabrina said walking over. "What do you think? Wanna be my partner Cyndaquil?"
"Cyndaquil," It chirped before hopping into her arms causing Sabrina to giggle in response as she caught him.
"That's a good choice, I like that one too," Prof. Elm responded. "Well go take a seat, I'll be with you in a bit."
Sabrina took a seat with cyndaquil at a table while Prof. Elm finished setting up the other trainers. In the meantime she played with cyndaquil by tickling him under his chin or on the belly. "Well I guess I should give you a nickname," she said thoughtfully, pausing as she mulled over name's in her head. "How about Ty?"
"Quil?" He responded with a head tilt.
"Yeah, Ty. I'll call you Ty."

It wasn't long before Prof Elm hurried over with an egg and envelope carried in his arms. He handed the egg over to Sabrina in it's container, setting all her pokeballs, pokedex, and the envelope on the table. "I received an email from Professor Dracaena asking me to give you these. It seems you'll be going on an adventure of your own with other new trainers. Also that egg there, It'll hatch into a pokemon in time. While I have an Idea of who it might be I think you should find that out on your own. You'll have to take good care of it, and your cyndaquil."
"Oh, you got an email too?," She questioned quietly as he spoke. She observed the egg which was an earth green color before her was attention was then turned to the envelope. As she opened it she observed the contents. Considering the email she wasn't sure what to make of the letter. The part that really got to her was the medallion. She picked it up, turning it in her hand to look at it. Taking a deep breath she put the medallion on over her clothes but nothing happened. She waited a moment, expecting the worst that never came. With a shrug she looked over the maps.
"Well it seems you're all set for your adventure then Sabrina. I wish you luck and if you don't mind let me know what that egg hatches into."
"Oh yes, of course," She responded as she was pulled from her thoughts. Gathering her stuff together before heading out of the lab only to be greeted by a strange man. After a brief yet awkward exchange Sabrina got into the car to head to the airport. During the ride she fiddled with the medallion around her neck. Feeling Ty rub against her arm she placed the medallion into her sweater. She then felt a wave of heat wash over her, making her feel dizzy.
"Quil? Quil?" she heard as she fell to the side in the back seat. As the dizziness subsided she reached over to hold Ty. "I'm alright," she soothed after letting out a small groan. Not a moment later they reached the airport. Still groggy and dazed it felt like she was led through the airport in a flash. Before she knew it she was handing her ticket over and preparing to board the plane. Finally the time to board came and she entered first class with Ty running beside her. Looking around there was one other child around her age but it was otherwise empty. Finding her seat she patted her lap for Ty to join her.

"Today is the day," says a young teen of Sinnoh by the name of Andy Richter, "I finally get a pokemon from Professor Rowan ." Perhaps the weather was mimicking the butterfrees in his stomach for the day as it was very cool and rainy out as he looked to exit Twinleaf Town to head for the Professor's lab. Except that didn't exactly happen as before he even got out of his room there was an email ping from his computer which he checked. "What could this be?" he wondered as he would check the email and read his contents.

"An invitation to the Almia Region to be a Pokemon Ranger? Me?" says the excited and somewhat bewildered teen, he did have an aspiration to be a ranger though wasn't really sure about it due to not having any experience with pokemon aside from the baby pokemon from his parent's ranch and they were for all intents and purposes domesticated. "The school would be a perfect place to start..." doubt creeping into him as he knew that job was vitally important to all regions and poor jobs could result in another Great Kalos War. "Can I really do this?" With his brain sending tens of thousands of signals a second, he would slowly head out into the rainy town of Twinleaf and make his way into Sandgem Town and Rowans Lab. While heading there in a raincoat, the rain would pickup somewhat, turning into a downpour by the time he arrives in Sandgem. This still was an exciting day in spite of the horrid weather, Andy's nervousness over being a Ranger far overwrote his excitement over the starter.

Once at the Professor's lab, the professor would greet him and hand Andy a manilla envelope before giving him his picked out partner Piplup. What's more, the penguin was already out of the ball and ready to greet him, which it does with a nod and bow. Rowan would then usher him to the back where he would be given a robins egg blue colored pokemon egg that was cool to the touch. Now, this got him to momentarily forget the job he was in prospect for. "This is something i'm far more used to " he would audibly sigh holding the egg ever so gently. These were precious considering the creature inside them, though he didn't have a clue as to what pokemon was inside this egg. The smile couldn't be brighter, possibly able to pierce the rainclouds outside in Sinnoh as he carefully keeps hold of the pokemon egg.

Along with the pokeball and egg, Andy would receive a Sinnoh pokedex and be briefed on the usage of the device. His focus now turns to the manilla envelope and its contents, in this case, another letter and a medallion? "This is just weird," he says looking to the strange object with a skull emblazoned on its face. Having no clue on its significance for now, he pockets the item and reads the letter. "So there are others, glad to know i'm not alone in this endeavor at least, but a whole new region to explore after a bit of time in a ranger school." Upon reading how the pokeballs wouldn't work during the stint in Almia, he would give a look to the Piplup who would look to him trying to read the letter with no success. That quirk didn't really phase him as preferred to have his partner out to see all aspects of the world anyway. But the unknown was both exciting and worrisome for the young teen.

Regardless of how he was feeling, Paul would give a confident smile to Andy, it did ease the trepidation a bit. "Good to know you're at least feeling confident, I can't say the same for myself" Andy now says to Piplup, the bird responding with a few 'pips' and a little wink. Another little check of the envelope would reveal two first-class tickets to Almia and the Terracotta region. "Guess we get a world-class on becoming a ranger eh? We better get going then." No sooner does he say that does a car pull up meant to whisk the new duo to the airport, Paul not being his pokeball unless absolutely needed, though this was a pokemon based airport so they most likely had accommodations for his pokemon partner as well.

As they board the plane and head for the Almia Region Andy couldn't help thinking to himself, "This day went from sixty to holy Pecha Berry in a matter of a few hours, what is the Almia Region really like as well as this Terracota Region?" he wonders while taking a look at the map of the Terracota Region, "Guess we will both find out when we land in Boyleland Island in Almia later." he nods looking to Paul before relaxing into the booked seat as the plane takes off whisking the pair to Almia.

What adventures await them in Almia? Time will soon tell...

Ophelia woke up suddenly, her eyes snapping open as her alarm softly played a tune she had grown to love and despise. She quickly got up, pulling on a plain grey dress, and the blueish-gray sweater she wore everywhere. She grabbed the bag hanging on her door, checking to make sure she had everything she needed. After all, today was the day! The day she would finally go off on her adventure. She made sure her journal was in her bag, that she had an extra one just in case, and that her pencil bag wasn't missing anything. She couldn't risk a single thing going wrong today, her adventure was going to have the perfect start.

Right as Ophelia was about to leave her room, she decided she should probably check her computer. She sat down at the desk, and opened up her email. Surprisingly there was an email from someone she had never heard of. In the email was a picture of a region she wasn't sure if she recognized. The email just got more and more interesting as she read. It was also very confusing. Ophelia opened up her journal, making a few notes about the email and checking if she had any notes on Almia. There was a scribbled page about a school for Pokemon Rangers, but not much else. She put away her journal and was about to turn off her computer when her brother rushed in, looking over her shoulder at the email.

"Ooo, a new realm of opportunities really has opened up, hasn't it?" Atlas said, bouncing up and down excitedly. Ophelia smiled, and closed the email. "It has, but it's really mysterious," Ophelia hummed. She stood up from the computer, and began heading out of the room. "I'm sure it'll be something exciting!" Atlas said. "Duh," Ophelia rolled her eyes. "Did mom and dad leave already?" Atlas frowned, "They had an epiphany and rushed out to the castle in the sand." Ophelia sighed. Their parents had gone out to relic castle so many times, claiming they had figured out something new, something amazing! That they had a breakthrough! Normally it wasn't much.

Ophelia pulled on her black boots and gave her brother a hug. "Stay safe, okay?" Atlas gave her a funny look. "I should be telling you to stay safe," He pointed at her and pouted. "I'm the one trapped in this concrete jungle while you start your own era of mystery and wonder!" Ophelia shook her head. "It's just one year," She said. "And then you can get a pokemon of your own." Atlas sighed dramatically, slumping over like waiting one year was the worst thing ever. "I haven't even been alive for a decade, one year is forever!" Ophelia laughed, and opened up the door. "I'm sure you'll be fine," Ophelia said. "Bye, Atlas. I'll see you again... later." Ophelia let the door swing close as Atlas waved by at her, his smile bittersweet. She took a breath, and began heading to Accumula Town.

After a short ride there, she headed to the lab to greet Professor Juniper and wait for the other kids of arrive. Eventually all the other kids were there, and everyone chose their starters. Ophelia immediately chose Snivy, having researched all her option and decided that Snivy was the best one for her. After the rest of the trainers chose their starters and left, Ophelia turned to Professor Juniper. "I got chosen for a special adventure, right?" Prof. Juniper smiled, and lead Ophelia into the back of the lab. "Yes, you were," Juniper handed Ophelia a letter and a pokedex. She also pulled out a pokemon egg container. Ophelia opened up the letter and what was inside was mind blowing. Magic medallions? A brand new region? And she got the chance to explore all of it!! It was like a dream come true. Ophelia opened her mouth to ask a flurry of questions, but realized that Professor Juniper might not even know most of this stuff! She bid the professor farewell, and left to find the car she was supposed to take.

Ophelia watched red-orange leaves float past as she wrote in her journal. She flipped to a new page and and began writing about her starter. She turned to the snivy curiously looking out the car window. "I think I'll call you.... Naga," Ophelia said. The snake pokemon turned to her with a little smile. They finally arrived at the airport, and Ophelia sat down with Naga to wait for the plane. This was going to be great.

"Caspian! Caspian!"

"Nrghhh..."

Darkness. The room was still, dark, and undisturbed with nothing out of place. It was serene, quiet.. Or it was, until the shrill voice had cut through the silence. The young boy, Caspian, or Cas for short, was sprawled out on his bed, clearly enjoying his deep slumber. His expression had previously been a tranquil one, even a small smile of delight on his lips, even. But that had all changed when he had received his mother's voice calling for him from downstairs. His brow furrowed into a displeased expression, still half-asleep as he adjusted his position and mumbled something incoherent. Which hadn't worked, because his mother had now repeated herself, a bit more agitated this time around. That alone was enough to pull Caspian's red hues awake; there was nothing worse than dealing with his mother getting upset this early in the morning. With that, the boy sat up in his bed, his jaw dropping into a small yawn, stretching his limbs in the air. He blinked through his hazy gaze, his wits slowly coming about him- Then, his orbs shot wide open, realizing today was that special day. Over two years of study had lead Cas to anticipate finally having his own Pokemon and live out his dream.

Eagerly, the boy hopped out of bed, and drew back his curtains, allowing his room to illuminate into a faint, blue glow. It was dawn- Far earlier than Caspian would have liked to get up at, but he had spent all night talking to his mother about it. After all, he did practically beg her to make sure he got up at the earliest in order to swing by Professor Sycamore's lab. Although there would be no rush to pick out the starter he wanted - as Sycamore had reassured him a few days ago - Caspian simply couldn't contain his excitement. He had headed into his bathroom, and washed off for the day. While Kalos was usually known for its fair, sunny weather, autumn was quickly approaching as well. Noticing that it seemed rather misty outside, Cas quickly dressed into black shirt, beige coat and black pants, compete with a red scarf that hung loosely around his neck.

After he was dressed, Caspian plopped himself down in front of his PC. He had eagerly checked his mail to hear back from the professor, and sure enough there was a notification in his mail. Except.. it wasn't really from the professor he had expected; instead, it was from someone else. A Professor Dracaena? Cas gave the message another quick skim, although he was rather confused by it. He had some vague idea what Almia was, which he owed to the small map illustrating each different region in the world, Almia being one of them. But the rest was both perplexing and exciting for Cas. Just the fact that he was chosen because he was special did spark awe in him, instantly believing those words. Just that seemed cool enough! But.. He wasn't going on a journey? Did that mean he was going to be a Pokemon Ranger instead? He wasn't entirely against the idea, but he wondered what Rangers even did, since he only had heard the name a few times.

It seemed like his slight baffled expression was cleared by one more louder yell by his mother. She really seemed like she didn't want to wait for her son any longer. With a small 'eep!', Caspian shot out of his chair and scrambled downstairs. On his way down, he was met by the sweet aroma of blueberry muffins, wafting around the kitchen, further provoking his appetite.. Mm. As a baker, his mom had made the best muffins! However, his descent down the stairs quickly had soured when he was met by the small glare of his mom, arms crossed while she was tapping her food impatiently.

"Caspian, you told me to get up early so I could have breakfast ready. You don't want to sleep in on your big day, do you?" she demanded.

"No.. I'll hurry out then," Caspian quickly replied, sitting down at the table for breakfast. His father was nowhere to be seen, but he had assumed he was helping conduct field studies. His father's glory days as a trainer was over, but he was putting his expertise with Pokemon to work by personally working with the Professor. At least Cas didn't have to worry about having to introduce himself, since his father and Professor Sycamore were friends.

"Good. I'm excited for you, you know? Your first big day as a Trainer! If only your father could see you now. Unfortunately, he's conducting work in Coumarine right now."

"About that.. I think it was implied I'm Almia instead? I've been chosen to go because I'm special or something.." Caspian mumbled, still unsure of that.

"Almia? The region for Pokemon Rangers? Isn't that a bit different from what you wanted to do?"

"Kind of.. But it's not something I don't think would be fun, either. Can I still go mom? Pleeeeaseeeee?" Caspian begged, looking at her with pleading eyes. Almia was still far away, a region unknown to both his mother and father. But he was of age to own a Pokemon, which meant he was more than capable of defending himself.

"Ohh... Alright, fine! It's a long way home from mom and dad though.. Will you be alright?"

"Yeah mom. I'm not that much of a little kid anymore. I'll call every day, alright?" he said with a small pout, crossing his arms at the thought of his mom babying him. His mother just giggled, and agreed with an "Alright, sweetie. Have fun then, and take care." Downing his pancakes and muffins, Caspian waved goodbye to his mother before setting out. He was greeted by the chilly bite of the morning air, taking a look around the streets of Lumiose. As expected, there was already pedestrians wandering about the streets, browsing in and out through the many stores and shops the city had to offer. The small boy weaved through the crowd, uttering an excuse me every so often as he made his way to South Boulevard, where Sycamore's lab had been located. By the time he had reached the front doors of the lab, Caspian was breathless and windblown, panting slightly. There, the smiling face of Professor Sycamore greeted him, accompanied by other children.

"Hey Caspian. You made it just in time. You kids are about to collect your starter, no? Now, there's more than one of each, so there's no need to fret about being first, okay? And feel free to release your new partners and get to know them better."

"Okay!" the children said in unison. They each took turns, with Caspian being at the front. He nervously took a glance at the desk in front of him- The professor said that Fennekin was to the right, Froakie to the middle, and Chespin to the left.. Honestly, they all seemed like cool options; Caspian didn't mind having any one of them to be perfectly honest. But, as a young child, he thought that Fire types were pretty cool. Going off of that, he chose the one to the right, containing Fennekin. His hands trembling, the silver haired boy stood off to the side and released Fennekin. Before him, there was a flash of red light, before the fox Pokemon stood before him. Right away, Fennekin backed off a few steps looking around. Caspian looked disappointed, as he had hoped to at least pet it and introduce himself.

"Hahaha.. Fennekin are usually timid little creatures. This one seems more skittish though. Try a gentle approach," Professor Sycamore suggested, having seen their first interaction together.

"Hey.. I'm not going to hurt you, Fennekin. I'm Caspian, and I'll be your partner from now on, okay?" Caspian said with a softer voice, and this seemed to put Fennekin at ease somewhat. It took a few reluctant steps forward, allowing his hand to graze the top of its head, although he could tell it too, was nervous. That was fine though, since he didn't expect the two of them to be so close right off the bat. "I'll call you Cinder. How's that sound?" Caspian asked the Fennekin as it got closer. The fox looked him for a few seconds, before giving a small "Fen!", which Cas would take as its agreement. Cinder was fitting for a fire type, after all.

"Caspian, I'll need you to come with me. There's something I've been tasked with giving you, don't worry," the professor said with a laugh, after seeing Caspian's expression of worry. With Cinder beside him, the small boy followed Professor Sycamore to his desk, where he was handed a manila envelope, telling him to open it. Inside were plane tickets, maps, a medallion, and a letter. Caspian took another skim through the letter, finding it was sent by the same Professor Dracaena as earlier. He was still confused, and frankly quite scared about the medallion part. It tapped into his life force? That didn't sound very fun.. Upon putting it on, Caspian gave a small grunt at the burning sensation, making him feel weak and his knees almost buckling underneath him, had the Professor not taken his arm to balance him.

"You okay? Anyway, there's one other thing I have to give you- A Pokemon egg. Now, I'm not certain what it hatches into, but please take good care of it, alright? As long as it's not too stuffed, or doesn't take a hard fall, this should be safe in this case," Sycamore said, handing Caspian a white and green egg inside a case. With a look of marvel, Caspian made sure to quickly put it in his bag, which was loose like the professor had suggested. With that, the professor bid him farewell, and upon exiting the lab, a man in a suit awaited him.

"Caspian La Moure? I'm Frederick. I'll be transporting you to the airport, as outlined in the message you received this morning,"
the man named Frederick had told him. Caspian was still frozen on the spot, refusing to move.. He wasn't to get into cars with strangers, right? The professor, understanding the boy's carefulness simply put a hand on his shoulder and laughed, telling him it was alright. At ease, Caspian entered the car, and the car drove off to the airport. On the way there, Frederick explained how the flight was to go to the other regions first, so there was to be some waiting. But the small boy didn't really mind, more nervous than anything. Once they had arrived at the airport, Frederick wished him good luck on his travels, before leaving him at the boarding terminal. Caspian was then led to first class, where there had been other trainers from other regions, recognizing some of the Pokemon they had. Usually, Caspian would have introduced himself by now, but between getting a new Pokemon, and the nervousness of travelling, he was living in his own little world for now. With that, he settled in a seat in the middle row, with Fennekin sitting beside him. While he was anxious, he could hardly wait to go into what was waiting for him..

Marxis Quinn|12 Years-Male| Yahazawa, Iphiolon

Marxis woke on the eve of his twelfth birthday, nervous about his journey that would take place tomorrow. With nothing to do he decided to check the computer in the library. Clothes were already lain out on his desk for the morning when he head to Feross Town to choose his partner. His father had the water starter of the region as his partner, an Aqli that had evolved into Venli. For some reason, his father had never evolved Venli and thus it remained at its second stage. Nobody was awake as he made his way through the manor and down to the library, his parents' bedroom door closed. Not wanting to bother them, he continued on his way. Reaching the library, he entered and logged into the computer and then onto megpoke.net to log into his email.

What's this? An email from an unknown person? Confused, he clicked on the email.

Send New Email
New Email Received
Chosen Trainer
Hello Trainer!

Hello trainer! Before you is a map of the Almia region, a region known to train Pokémon Rangers from around the world. My name is Hamilton Dracaena, the regional professor of the Terracotta region. You and seven other children have been chosen for something special within each of you. It might be due to the legendries of your region or it might be due to your family. Regardless, you will not be going on a journey like your comrades but will instead receive a package with your partner Pokémon.

Adios trainers!

~ Professor Dracaena

Clicking on the files, he pulled up three different maps; two of a region he didn't know and one of the Almia region. He only knew of that because his older brother was a Pokemon Ranger. "This makes no sense but it sounds alright," mused the boy as he read over the message and then looked over the maps. Maybe he would get to see his older brother who he thought was living in Shiver Camp in the cold region of Almia, or was he in Fiore now? The pre-teen wasn't entirely sure, he hadn't spoken to his brother in a few months. As for this other topic, of having something 'special' about him that made him chosen with some other trainers from around the world, he wasn't sure if there was anything special about him. At a scratching noise, he got up and went to the door to see a newly hatched Eevee sitting on the ground. "Hi Briar," said the boy, reaching out to pet the Eevee.

"Vee," said the Eevee, swaying its tail back and forth as it was petted. It was rather shy but seemed to warm up to Marxis and follow him around. He picked up the Eevee and went back to the computer, carrying it in his arms as he went back to the computer and sat down, petting it as he began typing in information concerning the Terracotta region. But there didn't seem to be a whole lot of information concerning the Terracotta Region that he could find on the internet. He spent an hour or two on the internet, trying to search information, even taking the time to email his brother and tell him that he would be coming to Almia for a couple of weeks it seemed, before taking Briar to his room and trying to get to sleep though the day forecasted water on the morning of his twelfth birthday didn't look to be a promising start.

The next morning, he woke more nervous then before he had read the email. What was the Almia region like? He understood there was a ranger's school that his brother had gone to and the Fiore and Almia regions were connected, that the Fiore region was north of Sinnoh. But where was the Terracotta region and did they really have Pokemon from all over the world there? He went down to breakfast after taking a shower and getting dressed for the day, making sure to bring his bag and shoes with him as Briar followed him down to the first floor. He could see some food being prepared as he passed the kitchen and servants' quarters as he headed towards the dining room where his parents were seated. They had moomoo milk, coffee and tea, naan with jam and beedrill honey, and paloo as well as hot buns and steamed eggs with sweet potatoes. He wasn't surprised to see his three younger siblings, the twins fooling around at the dinner table while his sister was picking at her food, his father reading the local news paper as one of his father's elite 4 sat at the table along with his uncle who was a gym leader. "Morning Marxis. So, you're finally twelve and finally old enough to get your Pokemon eh?"

"Morning Uncle Naidem," said Marxis. "Umm...yeah. Do you know anything about the Terracotta region?"

"Terracotta? I think your cousin works there as a researcher," said Naidem. "Why?"

"I got an email saying I was selected with other kids to go on a trip to Almia for two weeks and then to the Terracotta region but not much else," said Marxis.

"Is that so?" questioned his mother. "Seems like an interesting start to your journey."

"I guess," said Marxis. He sat down as the family and his father's elite 4 member who was the second to be faced when challenging for the Iphiolon League, began their breakfast. Though he was not feeling the greatest, being a bundle of nerves, he tried his best to eat a filling breakfast to have energy for the day. When he was done, he was driven in his father's car to Professor Plum's lab in Feross Town. Stopping at the professor's lab which was on a few acres of land in the countryside of Feross, he made his way inside. "Hello?"

The woman turned to see the child standing there. "Ah, welcome! I take it you're one of the trainers here to begin their journey?"

"Yes ma'am," said Marxis.

"You're the fourth to arrive. I understand there to be a few more coming but you're welcome to go into the lounge where there are some snacks."

"Thank you," said Marxis as he went further into the lab to see three children already waiting. Over the next hour there were a few more children that trickled in as the dawn lightened to sunrise. When they were there and eating at the refreshments, some taking cold water bottles or juices for later on their trip as well as bags of trail mix or nuts and berries, Professor Plum appeared. He welcomed the children to the lab and then lead them further inside where there were nine poke balls, each containing three starter pokemon.

"There's a big group this month I see! Well then, let's show you the pokemon shall we?"

Opening three of the pokeballs, there was first a yellow horse with leaves on its legs and a black short mane which extended into green bulrush. "Foleq," whinnied the grass starter.

iphio_001_by_stormwolves_dcsgvst-fullview.jpg

"This is a female Foleq. The males have red, gray or roan coloration while the females tend to be cream, beige or yellow," said Professor Plum. "This one has the egg move Heal Pulse. The next Pokemon I have for you is Flamung, the Flame Deer Pokemon."

ip_004_by_stormwolves_dcsqd70-fullview.jpg

Out popped a fawn with fire on its ears, legs and a fiery tail. "Flamung," said the fawn, blinking its large eyes.

"This Flamung is male and it's egg move is Flame Burst. Last is our water starter, Aqli."

iphio_007_by_stormwolves_dcu4mj0-fullview.jpg

"Aqli?" said the water starter that looked like a lizard of some sort.

"Aqli here is a bit shy but female. Her egg move is Aura Sphere," said Professor Plum. "She'll need a patient trainer to help her. Now, I have two female and one male Aqli, two male and one female Flamung and two female and one male Foleq. They each have their own egg moves which you can discover with your pokedex. Oh, Marxis, I have a package for you as well which I just received in the mail."

Marxis nodded. He ended up choosing one of the male Flamung that seemed curious. "Professor...will it burn me?"

"No," said Professor Plum. "Flamung only tend to burn those that they don't like or hurt them."

As each trainer chose their partner, they were given their pokeballs and pokedexes. Marxis was then handed a package and then the professor went into the back to retrieve an egg which he brought back with him. "This egg was also instructed to be given to you," said the professor. "Feel free to read over the letter and documents but I guess someone will be picking you up soon."

"Thank you Professor Plum," said Marxis. He looked at his Flamung and pulled out his pokedex, pointing it at the pokemon.

"Flamung, the Flame Deer Pokemon. Height is 9.8" and weight is 6 lbs. It is a common type of Pokemon in the Iphiolon region but rare in the rest of the world, only being found underneath trainers. This Pokemon is male and it has the moves Tackle, Double Team, Headbutt and the egg move Double Kick. Flamung, the Flame Deer Pokemon. Flamung are inquisitive, yet shy and take a while to warm up to their trainer. They thrive in volcanic areas and eat coal to fuel their inner fire. They are often used as heat sources, due to their body exhibits a 130 F temperature but tend to burn those who hurt them or they don't like. In the past, they were hunted by poachers for their pelt before they were made into the fire starter."

"A fighting-type egg move?" questioned Marxis. He tried to scan the egg but the mechanical voice came back saying 'data unknown'. "Oh." He looked over the pokemon he'd chosen as his partner that was looking around and then shyly came towards him, sniffing him as he opened the package and out popped two tickets and a medallion which he slipped over his head. A bit of tiredness came over him as he let it rest against his body and slipped it underneath his shirt. "I think I may call you Cipher. You look like a secret meaning to me."

"Flamung?" It cocked its head at him before bleating its name louder. "Flamung!"

"I guess...you like it?" At the nod of the fawn's head, the boy smiled. He returned Cipher to his pokeball and put the tickets back into the package, slipping them into his bag as he picked up the egg case, the egg blue with white spots and having a smooth rippled texture, like waves crashing against cliffs. He hoped he could manage to care for both an egg and a starter pokemon. When there was a knock on the door, he turned to see a woman standing there who told him she was there to take him to the airport in Tultiya City. Knowing it would be a drive, he followed the woman with his egg, snacks and water in his bag and headed to the car. It was nice and comfortable as he was helped inside and set his egg at his feet, slipping his bag onto the seat beside him and saw there were drinks in a mini-fridge.

He spent his time on the drive staring out the window and trying to figure out why he was chosen and what awaited him, both in Almia and in the region of Terracotta. The drive was three hours long and he knew he would have a wait so he got settled when he got to the airport, heading through security and then towards the gate, gate C-6 where the private jet would be arriving.

Last edited:
Marvin would wake out of bed, brush his teeth, and get ready for work.
"Today is a new day for learning about the world of pokemon!"

He would finally be going to the Terracotta region today. He fed the Pokémon in the lab and left with his plane ticket and Pokémon and left. Today would be the day he finally gets a job as a real assistant. He would be going to a new region and he would waste no time. He choose to take his bulbasaur that he got 2 years ago as it was almost ready to evolve into Ivysaur. He was told that in this region the graphics here would be much more mature. His main job would be to keep bulbasaur from a huge fire attack because it would be hard to keep it alive if this were to happen.

" I dont think I will need to find a pokemon center."

"Hello Marvin I am glad to meet you"

"Hello professeor I am glad to meet you too. I am ready to start ."
" I will be the decider of that"

Marvin quickly Impressed the new professor with his skills in pokemon and his good personality, He eventually did get hired and got his ticket .He would be getting on the plane with the new professor and riding to this new region of Pokémon.

Marvin decided that the first thing he would do is try to find a denio to befriend and catch. He carried a Dragon egg, Some lab equipment, Medicine and some armor just in case a wild Pokémon goes too far. Thinking he was ready he was about to be brought in to a new and crazy suprise.

Last edited:
Upon arrival Marvin would begin looking around at the scenery. He stopped to admire the view and look at the Pokémon running around. He was hoping that here was a safe research environment for him and his Pokémon.

" Maybe in this region I wont be made fun of soo much and I can actually have a chance at becoming an actual professor."

When he arrived into the city he looked at all the young trainers and Pokémon. The new professor would begin telling him basic facts about the region and helping him get started.

"Congratulations Marvin you have arrived in the terracotta region."

"May I have some background on the Region please? I would really like an idea about what I am dealing with here. I don't have any friends or family because they all are gone... But anyways this region seems like a nice place to meet new people and make a mark here."

"Remember to always have that confidence when working here Marvin. You have talent that no one can take away from you but yourself. Don't become influenced by evil sources and have your talent corrupted .Especially since you really don't have too much to lose. You don't really have to worry unless you are an abusive trainer. They seem to go missing and never come back. As for the people here.... Most people are friendly but there is an evil force named team Venom. They are more of the sneaky and low balling type. They acts are committed when no one is watching and no one will be able to save their victim. Heals and potions do not work here so do not bother trying. Also wild Pokémon are much more aggressive and moves here are a lot stronger if they are continued. We will reach the laboratory soon so do not worry. Everything is in order for you to come and work with us to discover more amazing secrets about Pokémon."

"I will try my best to help improve the knowledge on this region seeing that there are things we can still learn about it. I am happy to be able to work here but I still do not know if i am allowed to live here"

As the conversation ended they would end up reaching the Pokémon center Marvin would begin training Bulbasaur in order to make it strong enough to withstand more attacks. He would also have brung his Portable incubator and would be working on incubating his dragon egg.

Tyr Atlanta

"Did you pack everything?"

"Of course. Do I look like I failed to get your genes? Hehehehe. "

" Well, that's what I'm afraid of. Be nice to the professor, do well, and for the love of all that is holy, don't mention your parents... former jobs. I'm not a pirate, okay sweetie?"

"Then why do you dress like one?"

A -smack- resounded, before a boat horn sounded outside.

"Looks like your dad's ready to take you to the airport. You'll do great, Tyr." A kiss pecked his forehead, and the arrogant shit smiled, and actually gave a warm hug to his mother, before leaving their little floating abode to get to the boat.

Tyr Atlanta, born to former Team Aqua and Magma members was ready to go. A mudkip waited him at the door, giving a series of barks as it jumped up and down.

Covered in mud, it jumped at Tyr, who suddenly flung a bar of soap at it. It hissed, and jumped back away.

"That's the deal, Marsh, you don't cover me in mud, I don't cover you in soap." It hissed louder. "Hey, I'm letting you walk around out your pokeball. Go swim before we get in the boat. I'm taking you on a plane!" It yelped before jumping in the water, and swimming towards the docks, ot a waiting boat.

Sitting in the boat, wearing all red, a man in glasses stood idly bye, his arms over the seat, grumbling. "Sootopolis... we own a boat, and live shoreside... Tch."

Tyr waved. "Still remember how to drive old man!"

"Yes, who do you think I am? Glen Atlanta does not forget. If you're my son, you'd best remember that."

"Remember not to forget?"

"..." He revved it up. "Get in the boat."

-----------------------

Tyr gave his dad a half hug, only for his Dad to throw him a backpack.

"Huh?"

"It's integrated pokegear. Preloaded. Your mom'll be pissed if you don't call once a week. I suppose I wouldn't mind one once in a while either. I'd say ask us if you need anything, but you are the perfect genes. You'll do fine."

"Radio?"

"If those barbarians in Terracotta have that sort of thing, yes."

"Map?"

"Terracotta doesn't exactly give us that info easily."

"Headphones."

"Do I look like a tasteless man?"

"Sylph Stereo Headphones?"

His father raised an eyebrow. Tyr gave a laugh, and a full hug, before waving his father off. Was that... a tear in his father's eye? His parents never cried! Must have been a trick of the light.

Tyr walked onto the plane to see the other trainers.

" 'sup. I am Tyr Atlanta. Come to me if you need advice, don't get in my way on the journey, cause I don't slow down for nobody."

He took off his backpack, and took a seat, a huge smile on his face as he looked out, talking to himself.

"Earth is Dad's domain, Water is Mom's... but sky... that's going to be mine... Ain't it Marsh? Your clean, right. Come sit. We're going to fly."

He motioned for his mudkip to sit on his lap, before his eyebrows went up a bit. "Wonder if I remembered to pack that pokeball of yours...?"

Summer had gotten up extra early from excitement and had we packed her suitcase has several times now can I see couldn't take everything that she had with her but she still want to take the most important things in that was a lot. "brionne have you got any thing for me to pack cuz if you dont it will be left behind. She said to her Pokemon as she finish repacking her bag making a satisfied smile before tossing her bag over her shoulder just a little trouble of Pokemon came in carrying her favorite toy what she look like a poke Puff. I couldn't help but Smile as she pulled out brionne's pokeball . "alright time to go" she said as she returned brionne to her pokeball then picked up the studded toy and placed it in to her bag before hurring out the door to get to the air port to leave her home reagon to learn more about pokemon.

Region by region, the plane would stop and pick up the children that were destined for the private jet which would also be taking them to Terracotta in two weeks. Flight and expenses were paid by the professor himself, which none of the trainers would know about. As each trainer got settled with their starter pokemon, refreshments would be served as well as non-alcoholic drinks and food for the starter pokemon. The seats themselves folded down into beds and there were even a pair of sofas lined on either side of the plane with comfortable blankets, sheets and pillows for nighttime wear as well as basic amenity kits, reading lights overhead with controls for personal air and life vests in case the jet had to ditch in water stored beneath the seats. All in all, it was set to be a comfortable journey for the trainers.

Being a couple of the last ones to be picked up for their new adventures, both Anemone Whitebeam and Marquis Quinn had some time to kill as they entered their respective airports; the Galar airport being within Hilbury and Iphiolon's airport being within Tultiya.

The plane would continue its flight to the Terracotta region, sailing over the Great Western Ocean and the Gamma Continent. After many hours, the plane finally reached the Alpha Continent and headed into a descent upon approaching Boyleland. "Attention passengers, we are beginning our descent into Almia. Please remain seated until the plane has come to a complete stop. We hope you enjoy your stay. Have a nice day."

Boyleland was hot due to the volcano on it, the people living in little huts. When the plane came to a stop at the gate, the only airport within the Almia region, Anemone getting up from her seat and getting her bag from the overhead bin before grabbing Fleet in one arm and carrying the Rabbit Pokémon through the plane's door and the gate to the airport. Thankfully, with being in first class, the children could get off first. They were met by an old sailor with silver hair who greeted Anemone and the others. "Welcome to the Almia region. I'm Dexter and will be ferrying you across Puel Sea and then a walk to the Ranger School but it will give you a small tour of Almia."

Once the children would all be gathered in a group, Dexter would lead them towards the port where he had his ferry. Anemone boarded it first, clenching Fleet in her arm tightly. She'd never been on open water before and was thus frightened by the experience, even if the ferry did seem sound.

Anemone Whitebeam|10 Years-Female|Ballonlea, Galar|Pokemon: Scorbunny (f), Tyrunt (m}

Anemone was notably nervous about the ferry, having never been on open water before, much less a ferry. The idea of just drifting away or losing power and being stuck out in a lake or an ocean with no land in sight, nor boats to get help from was a frightful experience to the Galarian native and she clutched Fleet closer to her chest. Anemone took a seat, dropping her bag and staying away from the railing as she kept a tight grip on Fleet, the Rabbit Pokemon squirming in her trainer’s grip. Anemone reluctantly loosening her hold on her starter. “Sorry Fleet.”

“Scorbunny,” said Fleet, going down on all fours and shaking her fur out. Fleet then hopped across the deck and up onto the railing to look at the water.

Dexter turned towards one of the children that addressed him, so far three of the children appearing nervous about the ferry but a young girl and a boy were on the ferry already. “I’m afraid not miss,” said Dexter. “Ferry’s the only way. We don’t have a train or bus service here, nor are the towns big enough to house any more airports. ‘Tis the same with Fiorre and Oblivia. Not to worrry though, I’ve been sailing for years and know these waters. You lot’ll be fine.” He waited for the children to be seated on the ferry and then started it up.

Marxis Quinn|12 Years-Male| Yahazawa, Iphiolon
They may not be at the ranger school yet, but they were finally at Almia and that was good enough for the twelve-year-old who walked onto the gangplank leading to the ferry that sat next to the dock, bobbing in the surface as the waters flowed around and underneath it. The ground underneath his shoes was a bit rocky with it being cooled lava but it was also hot within the air, not quite stifling like a desert but not a comfortable temperature. He didn't get how anyone could live near a volcano. "Is this supposed to be this hot?"

"Ah, Boyeland has a volcano lad," said Dexter. "The temperature of Almia varies depending on where ye be at. Shiver Camp be freezing and covered in snow but we've also a desert here as well."

Marxis wasn't quite sure of the man's words but he did hope to be able to have some free time so he could go see his brother. The pre-teen took a seat on one of the benches, not yet releasing his partner as he held the egg on his lap, mind turning to what it might be. One of the girls seemed to be almost frightened of the water but the male offered no form of comfort. One had to face their own fears on their own and and overcome them. At least, that was how Marxis looked at it. Others, like the girl with the rabbit, had their respective partners out but he wasn't so sure of bringing out Flamung. He wasn't sure how his partner would react to pokemon that weren't native to their region or even other Pokemon in general.

The ferry operator pulled out some paper and wrote their regions down to give to Professor Hastings and once the other children were all on the ferry and comfortably settled, moved away from Boyleland. Puel Sea was calm and their ride was smooth sailing though it didn't stop Anemone from being worried that they would end up capsizing and being cast into the water. It was probably a half hour from Boyleland to Pueltown and the port where they docked.

Anemone was grateful to get on dry land again, Fleet following her as she got off the ferry. As everyone else would disembark from the ferry, the operator would do the same and wait patiently, having put the medallions within his pocket. When the children were crowded around and looking at the sights osf Pueltown, he spoke. "Welcome to Pueltown. North of us is Altru Park which lies in front of the Altru Building. There's a grandstand on an island in the middle where the Go-Rock Quads perform and I believe they are having a performance tonight so you've timed your arrival perfectly." Dexter grinned as he looked at the children. "Ah don't worry kids. You'll get your bearings as we walk. Come on. It's a bit of a ways to your destination."

The only other direction they could take was south towards Vien Forest and he led the group that way. Heading south, they entered Vientown and throughout their trip there were various Pokémon frolicking within the grass and between the trees just off the path. Vientown was actually surrounded by a forest but was located next to Nabiki Beach which was a popular destination for the Pokémon Rangers and residents of Vientown to hang out at. Tourists, few they were, also tended to come though they didn't get many tourists within the Almia region. "West of Vientown, where we are now, is Nabiki Beach while north of us is Vien Forest and South of us is Chicole Path. We will be heading east along School Road which will take us to the Ranger School were one learns to be a Pokémon Ranger, an Operator or a Mechanic. The Ranger School has produced countless good Rangers who instead of catching Pokémon to engage in battling, contests or the island trials for example, they instead use the wild Pokémon's abilities to help them before releasing through use of the Capture Stylist and keep both Pokémon and people safe. Professor Hastings is waiting for us."

Leading them east along School Road, they came to a bridge which they crossed and then headed towards the Ranger School which was up on a hill overlooking a ruined ship and a small building in the distance. This must be the Ranger School where they would be staying for the next two weeks before heading to Terracotta. Anemone gazed up at the elderly man who surveyed the children before speaking. Anemone thought the man seemed intimidating while Marquis didn't seem to care one way or the other as he steadily observed the old professor who surveyed the group of children that clustered about each other, each perhaps seeking comfort in their own way as they were all foreigners in this land. He looked around for his older brother but couldn't see him anywhere outside.

Hastings_Ranger_3.png

"Thank you Dexter. I'll take the children from here." Dexter nodded, waved to the children and then headed off back towards Puel Town. Professor Hastings again looked over the children, seemingly studying them like they were fascinating specimens. It kind of creeped out Anemone but she could feel the man had no malicious intent towards them. The Professor looked over the children once more before speaking. "I am Professor Hastings, regional professor of Fiorre and Almia. My duties as regional professor take me across both regions but for the next two weeks you will learn how to properly care for Pokémon through field work and classroom experience. Now, I am sure Hamilton explained your pokeballs wouldn't work here and you couldn't catch Pokémon. This is in fact true so your Pokémon will remain with you outside of their pokeballs while they are here. We believe that it is important for Pokémon to be with their trainer at all times. If you will follow me, I will give you a tour of the school and then let you head to your dormitories with boys on the left and girls on the right as well as the second floor housing the eating area. The bottom floor contains classrooms and a library while the basement is strictly off limits. That is where Mr. Kinclaid's office and lab are located. Students who go into the basement will be confined to their dormitory or face expulsion. You lot would be confined to your dormitories."

Anemone began following the professor towards the school as he turned and headed in that direction. She didn't want to get on his bad side but wanted to know when classes would start. "Will...will we end up taking classes tomorrow Professor?"

"No. You'll have the weekend free. You'll start classes on Monday and can tour the island during the weekend if you wish," said Professor Hastings. Making a mental note that he would end up needing to contact Hamilton, he led them towards the school and showed them where the classrooms were. Each classroom had six desks with a blackboard then showed them the library before pointing to the door that led to the basement. It wasn't much of a tour, the school being small, but they knew where their class would be, the children all being in the same classroom which was 1A and the first door on the right with 2A being on the left. "Now that you have seen where you will be studying, you may head upstairs to your dorms. Breakfast is at 6:00 to 7:00 AM, lunch from 12-1:00 and Dinner from 5:00-6:00 PM with lights out at 9:00 PM except on weekends where you only have Lunch and Dinner and lights out at 10:00 PM."

As Professor Hastings finished up his tour, one of the children asked about dorms and if they would be sharing. He turned towards the child in question, the Unova chosen if he were not mistaken. "You will each be sharing a dorm. There are four bunk beds in each room, which fit up to eight people each, so there is plenty of space for you children to sleep with your partners comfortably," he spoke.

ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi SilverInu SilverInu GamerKitty205 GamerKitty205 Ganryu Ganryu Gojigoji100 Gojigoji100 rowie rowie mdebourg mdebourg MazaInferno MazaInferno

Last edited:
Mala didn't have anyone to really say goodbye to. She was most of the way to the airport when she thought of this, a former Team Skull member driving her there. The two of them were.....friends? Sort of. Mala didn't even know her real name since she just made her call her Nails. Yeah, they were friendly enough, the woman had brought her to the professor to get her pokemon and she easily chose the moody Litten she had seen before her. Speaking of, Nails kept glancing back and forth from Mala to the road obviously trying to think of something to-

"Sooooo, you gonna be like, good out there?" She asked slowly, so thats what she was wondering?

"I'll be fine. I've been looking forward to this so I'm pretty prepared." Mala responded while petting her sleeping Litten in her lap, who occasionally murmured in annoyance when Mala wasn't petting the right spot.

"Not...really what I meant but okay." Nails said with a resigned sort of sigh as she parked and walked her out to the plane, right on time too, as it seemed to have just gotten here.

Mala turned to Nails and nodded at her, as a thank you without actually saying it. The taller woman sighed again and promptly put her into a half headlock half hug, only slightly disturbing the Litten Mala now had in her arms.

"Just, be safe? Eat good food, make friends and all that crap. Oh, and don't be a ass cuz you always are." Nails rattled off in a voice that was supposed to be careless, Mala frowned at her but didn't have anything to say to her impromptu farewell. So she simply nodded a little and said, "I'll try my best..."

With that, she got on the plane and, looking down at her Litten thoughtfully. Once inside she muttered to herself, "Make friends... guess I'll call you....Chi."

Marvin would be taking pictures of the landscapes rather than sit there for 45 years and wait for a 10 year old to ask for its starter Pokémon. He planned on figuring out why Special heals dont work here and wanted information on team venom

summer liiked excited as she turned to the professor and the thought of going to this new school could also be a good way to lean what type of pokemon she could posibly get to see. "professor how many people to a dorm room?" she asked as she looked around hoping to get a room with someone not from her home reagon .
scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

Marvin would be returning from his photograpy session and would head over the the cafe. Of couse the food would be terrible.

Professor Hastings turned towards one of the older people there. "Ah...I take it you are one of these older children Hamilton hired hmm?" At the girl's question, he would look at her and then at the rest of the group of children who hadn't yet dispersed. "You will be sharing rooms with one other student and then some future pokemon rangers," said the professor. "Boys and girls are to remain out of each other's dormitories. As for the setup within the Terracotta region, I cannot say what Hamilton has in store for you all but I expect you all to be on your best behavior," he said, eyes searching each of the group of children and lone adult there.

Anemone nodded in confirmation while Marxis just stared silently at the professor, neither offering confirmation of following the rules, nor objecting to them so far. "Now, are there any other questions before I dismiss you to your rooms where you can deposit your items and eggs?"

"Are we allowed to explore?"

"When you are not in classes, you may explore the region or the immediate area,"
said Professor Hastings in response to Marxis's question.

Last edited:
The entire trip, Tyr was glued to the window seat, cackling mad as he watched the clouds go by, occasionally muttering "Won't need a plane next time" or "I'll soar with whatever pokemon's next." He kept motioning for Marsh to come look, but the poor mudkip was bored far easier than Tyr was, bounding across the plane. Tyr probably should have put it back in his pokeball, but Tyr wasn't exactly a paragon, and more of a renegade. They disembarked and were guided towards the professor.

Tyr scoffed at the introduction. "What type of tree is Hastings? Or is just coincident the ones I've heard of have been Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, Juniper, Sycamore, Kukui, and Magnolia? I thought you guys got a legal name change with your jobs. Huh."

He did, however have a smile on is face. Marsh, his mudkip tried jumping towards Tyr, but Tyr noticed the nearby mud on the ground, and held up a bar of soap, his little monster hissing and staying back.

Some kid was asking the professor dorm questions. Tyr shrugged.

"I don't really care who my roommate is. And unless you'r planning on doubling up in a bed Alolan girl, I think 4 bunkbeds make 8 per room. Cramped, especially with each of us not using pokeballs, so 16 decently sized breathing things in one room. But minor inconvience for anyone making it big, hehehehe. I got no questions, see ya'll in the morning. Come on Marsh, we're getting you clean before you go to sleep.'

He paused for a minute. Then did turn.

"I got one question Professor. That many people is going to make it reaaal hard to find space for an egg. What do you want us to do with our partners who haven't hatched yet?"

"Attention passengers, we are beginning our descent into Almia. Please remain seated until the plane has come to a complete stop. We hope you enjoy your stay. Have a nice day." This voice would ring over a loudspeaker as Andy and Aqua would now begin to see Boyleland below them.

"Seems we have arrived ." he quietly whispers to her while the plane makes its final descent into Boyleland in the Almia region. With that, the pair get off the plane into the airport of the area where he would eventually meet some others that possibly were here for the same reason? He couldn't be sure, he would also meet a sailor that looked like he had been through many storms and rough seas.

"Welcome to the Almia region. I'm Dexter and will be ferrying you across Puel Sea and then a walk to the Ranger School but it will give you a small tour of Almia." The sailor then says.

"A tour hmm? That would be nice as I've never been here before," he says inwardly as he along with the others would be led to Dexters ferry, while Andy hadn't been on open water or a boat ever, he wasn't too worried about this being his first time. The boat did seem sound enough after all. He did notice one thing, however, it was quite hot out now. He had caught sight of a volcano on the plane's descent but it still paled to how hot it was on the ground.

Someone else apparently had the same question as Andy heard Dexter respond a bit later, "Ah, Boyeland has a volcano lad. The temperature of Almia varies depending on where ye be at. Shiver Camp be freezing and covered in snow but we've also a desert here as well."

"The Temperature varies that wildly huh? Sounds like this place is a bit of a biosphere" he notes preferring to listen and gather info on the place for now as others asked questions. The ride to Puel Town was a time for the 'A' pair to look around the ferry and wander around the ferry for some time before the boat docks again, this time in Puel Town. Andy having a slightly worried look to him now as this was an unfamiliar region and he had no idea where their actual destination was. At least Dexter would be a guide to it till then.

They would now head south into Vien Forest, Andy now having his attention divided among the pokemon roaming around in the greenery and Dexters explanation that acts as a map of the area. "West of Vientown, where we are now, is Nabiki Beach while north of us is Vien Forest and South of us is Chicole Path. We will be heading east along School Road which will take us to the Ranger School where one learns to be a Pokémon Ranger, an Operator or a Mechanic. The Ranger School has produced countless good Rangers who instead of catching Pokémon to engage in battling, contests or the island trials for example, they instead use the wild Pokémon's abilities to help them before releasing through use of the Capture Styler and keep both Pokémon and people safe. Professor Hastings is waiting for us."

Within the next few minutes, they come across a building perched atop a hill, Andy and Aqua looking to it in anticipation as both guess that would be the Ranger School where they would be drilled into proper Ranger Cadets. The man closer to them would appear to demand the teens full attention, while not coming off as overbearing, Andy listening as he gave his speech on how things worked in the school, even bringing up expulsion for violations. Rangers were held in high regard for him, as such their training and rules were meant to be strict. Though he didn't mind as long as he and his blue mouse were experiencing things together. From what Professor Hastings said next it didn't look like they would be starting classes until Monday, so they had the time to tour the areas until then. Though his first stop would the school building itself as well as the dorms to see the school from the inside. The blue mouse hopping alongside Andy with a few squeaks and a smile, this was a brand new world they only had just started exploring.

As one of the children commented on one of the Alolan residents, he then turned before heading to the school building itself and asked what to do with the eggs. "The eggs can be housed within our on-site Pokemon Center which is located within in the door at the end of the hall on the ground floor, or you may leave them and your partner Pokémon at the Partner Farm located south of Chicole Village," said Professor Hastings. " Most of our rangers leave the pokemon they catch as partners within the Partner Farm and switch them out as needed. There is also a classroom outside on the grounds as well to the left of the school building but for now I must send an email to Hamilton. Enjoy your time exploring the grounds children," said the professor as he disappeared into the school.

Anemone Whitebeam|10 Yrs-Female|Ballonlea, Galar/Marxis Quinn|12 Yrs-Male|Yahazawa, Iphiolon

Fleet stood next to Anemone as she listened to the questions being fired off by some of the other new trainers, the ten-year-old unsure of what to do now that she was here within Almia. The purpose of the two weeks she and the others would spend here was still lost upon her, for she couldn't think of what could possibly made her so special as to be called not only to Almia but to a different region altogether when she had been planning on doing her journey through Galar. Deciding it was probably best to get her egg settled in the Pokemon Center, she began walking with Fleet hopping along beside her into the building. "Professor?"

"Yes?"

"What about some of the trainers who don't have their partners out of their pokeballs?"

The professor stopped and looked at the girl. He turned around and headed back outside. "For those of you have your partners in their pokeballs, please take them to the Partner Farm and they will be released by the family there," he said. Marxis frowned to himself but didn't say anything. "Once your pokemon are released, they will not be able to return to their pokeballs until you leave for the Terracotta region, or choose to go home," he said.

When that was taken all over and done with, Marxis kept his bag on and turned west so he could go to the Partner Farmer located south of Chicole Village, his mind turning. He didn't know how Flamung would do or if he would be asked questions about where he grew up...that was one thing his father wanted kept quiet was his identity and the secrets of Team Maelstrom within his home region. The first obstacle was the bridge but perhaps he could see what Pokemon were in this region as he explored it.

Mala was silent for the better part of the tour, occupied with simply watching her Litten, who continued to enjoy being carried in her arms, or looking around the place. It wasn't actually too different from Alola, especially with this kind of climate going on across the place. However, upon being addressed by one of the others she frowned and slowly turned to him, "Don't care." Was her very friendly reply to the other trainer.

Still, though, studying did seem like it would be a drag. Mala figured that anything she didn't know she'd simply learn on the way, it was how she figured most trainers got better. But Mala was already here so she was pretty much resigned to whatever needed to happen before she got to go on her journey. She didn't have many questions of her own then, other than the possibility of battling, she didn't full on care. Looking down at Chi, she fixed her position a little and began to walk toward the Pokemon Center to get her egg put away, "Lets get our friend comfortable while we're preparing." She said which got her a soft purr in response, belatedly she would notice that Galar girl going the same way.

Her footsteps carried her towards the door indicated that lay upon the ground floor, when footsteps would reach her ears and Fleet would stop moving, ears swiveling and turning. "Scorbunny?" "What's that sound?" The Rabbit Pokemon would stop and look at Mala as she followed Scorbunny's own trainer. "Scor!" Scorbunny shouted as it hopped towards the Litten. "Scorbunny." "Hi partner!"

While Scorbunny attempted to interact with the Litten who would be able to understand it, given Pokemon could speak to and understand each other, Anemone would look down the hallway towards the door that housed the Pokemon Center. She was glad that she would be able to check on her egg though still nervous about how she could care for an egg plus a starter pokemon. "What am I even doing in this region?" Anemone sighed to herself.

MazaInferno MazaInferno

summer watched as some of the younger trainers began to interact with each other as well as their partners looking at her pokemons pokeball she gave a smile to it before pulling it out "come on out and lets see if there is any one who wants to play?" to her pokemon as she released it from its ball. "brionne brio"it said with excitment as it began to look about the are to see who she wanted to interact with before moving off and around the group knowing that her trainer would not leave her

Chi lazily regarded the other pokemon, a grin manifesting over the content smile she had on her face. She kicked right out of Mala's hands, who frowned a bit from that, and looked up at the active rabbit. "Litten? Lit li?" "Partner, who are you calling partner?" She said while walking along at a light trot, although her body was fairly relaxed her eyes were a bit dilated as she casually sized up the other pokemon

Mala, now with nothing in her hands to pet or hold shoved them into her pockets as she continued on her way. She heard the other girl talking to herself, sounding like she was having second thoughts of some sort. She idly remembered being told to make friends, and walk up just a bit closer to her. "Having second thoughts?" She asked, only giving the girl a glance in her direction.

"Scor, Scorbunny, Scor, bunny," said Fleet. "Well...we are partners aren't we? Why else would we be here with our masters?"

A voice brought Anemone's head up to see another child standing there in the hallway that drew closer to her, the girl clutching her egg closely to her chest. Eyes glanced towards her partner who seemed to be making friends with the other pokemon. She was sure she had heard the other Pokemon say it was Litten. Litten? Is that a starter from another region? She hadn't paid much attention to the regions of the other champions as they had boarded the plane, clutching the egg and letting Fleet sleep beside her in the next seat. However, the other girl must have picked up on her words for she was asked if she were having second thoughts. What met her gaze was a girl with short black hair and brown eyes, wearing glasses that was with the Litten and standing there.

"There's nothing special about me to be chosen for...whatever it is we're chosen for," said Anemone. "What...what region are you from?"

MazaInferno MazaInferno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back