• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Sun and Moon (Swordsman and Jynxd)

Adi would find a warm, soft yellow house that stood two stories tall, angled roof shingled with brown tiles. A small dirt parking lot had been put off to the side, with a pebbled path leading towards the front porch. The fence accents were white, almost cream against the color of the house. It was quaint, and perfect for a rustic B&B.

He would arrive a fair while before her, given that she'd walked in the first place. But her stop delayed her a bit further. However, she suspected he'd forgive her once she fixed snacks for while they worked. He was moving flowers as she came upon the house, and she smiled as she approached. "Hey! Give me just a few more minutes, and I'll come out and help, alright?" She planned on changing from her dress to something that would be less of a hindrance while trying to garden.

Bounding inside, it'd be another ten minutes or so before she'd reappear on the front porch, a tray of lemonade and cookies in her hand, her white dress replaced with a pair of jeans and a dark shirt, hair pinned up so that she could not fuss with it later. Setting the tray down on a small table, she'd turn, seeking Aditya out, moving over to him. "Alright! What can I help with?" Serena seemed oddly enthusiastic about the whole thing.

Adi hadn't expected her to come back out to help with the whole project, but he was excited to have an assistant for the day. He normally planned these sorts of projects weeks in advance with the owners and did the landscaping alone; however, this situation was a little different. This was a cute, little B&B, and the owner seemed like she wanted to help with it anyway. He continued to pull out flowers and small tools until she came out, hair up and treats prepared. He couldn't stifle a boyish grin, his smile wide as he admired her from afar. When he caught himself, he rubbed his face a bit and smiled again. "Thanks for the offer, but you don't have to help if you don't want to. We're just doing flowers. If you really want to though, you can help with laying out some soil so we can start planting."

Once the base tasks were completed, choosing and planting flowers would be easy. He figured that getting a solid layer of soil laid out would be of their best interest, for now anyway. He opened up a few bags of the soil and pulled his gloves from his pockets. "I have a spare pair of gloves in the truck if you want some. Doesn't smell too great on your skin after a little while."

[AHHHH I'M SO SORRY DON'T HATE ME!!!]

In truth, Serena wasn't terribly certain how much help she'd really be, but she could certainly try! At the very least, she'd be company for him, if he wanted. She caught the grin he'd given her, mirroring it with a slightly more delicate one of her own. Goodness, his smile was infectious! She found she rather liked it. "I mean, I'll help how I can, given that you've come out on short notice and everything... You just may have to be a bit direct with what I need to do. Besides, this will help me learn to care for them, right?" She didn't want flowers planted only to die on her in a few days, so she figured it was a good thing. "But please... Let me know if I'm getting in the way rather than being helpful?"

When he mentioned gloves and the pungent soil, she agreed to gloves. While she didn't particularly care, she didn't want her patrons to think she practiced poor hygiene or anything.

Adi walked to the truck and grabbed the gloves he'd been talking about. He figured it would be better to wear the gloves; he always preferred to. After handing them over to her, they worked together to get the flowers planted, Adi showing her step-by-step how to make sure they were deep enough but not too deep. These types of flowers would be easier to take care of in the long run, and Serena could, in truth, set up a sprinkler system and not worry about the little things at all. After the front area was finished, Adi turned to look at Serena, wiping his forehead dry of sweat. They'd been out there for at least an hour.

"What do you think?" he asked, gesturing over the small flower garden before them. He thought it looked gorgeous... The flowers somehow dulled when compared to Serena. He still didn't understand the pull he felt toward her... as he had never really felt like that toward anyone before, not so quickly.

Once given the gloves, she put them on and set to work, paying particular attention to Adi’s instructions. Once she’d gotten the hang of things, it was almost soothing. Feeling the soil shift beneath her hands, knowing that she was helping give life to something was rather extraordinary in a way. Perhaps, if she were fully human, she might not have thought it so interesting. But, she did, and she was happy.

When all was said and done, the pair stepped back, examining their handiwork. She beamed at her coworker. “It looks wonderful! Better than I imagined. And you’re sure I won’t be able to kill them too easily?” She said, a teasing tone to her voice. In a way, she was almost sad that the work was done for today. Serena wanted to chat with him more, to try and get to know the young man a bit better. An idea struck her. “Would you like to stay for dinner? It’s the least I can do to thank you for all your help today.”

"I'm pretty sure you won't kill them. As long as you water them, that is." Adi was a bit lost in thought until Serena spoke up once again... Dinner? Even though he ran the company, he thought it would be back to accept a payment- a personal one; however, there was... something drawing him in to take her up on her offer. There was a bit of a pause before his smile grew and he nodded a bit. "Sure! I'd really like that," he said softly, pulling the gloves slowly from his hands. There was some sweat on his hands, but he wiped it off on his apron before gathering up the other supplies and loading up his carrier. He excused himself for a moment to strip the apron off into the truck and to set the tools into the bed.

He was sure he didn't smell nice (though he wished he did), so he grabbed his sweater from the backseat. He'd sprayed cologne on it that morning while getting ready for work, so... he prayed it would cover the smell. After he came back over to Serena, he rested his hands in his sweater pocket. "What are you making anyway?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back