• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Summoner

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

/monthly_2016_08/devil_by_bettakats-d5ff2b5.jpg.a055d613a6bf92d74e549ea4cb606bba.jpg~Summoner~

Summoner is a Roleplay about humans, everyday people just like you and me who are broken, taken to the edge, where you get to stare into the abyss and in those final moments you realize something. The Abyss is staring right back at you. You are all humans who have made a contract with a Devil, a creature of unfathomable horror for power, greed, love, what ever have you. Regardless, as a summoner you have a new lease on life, a second chance you would have other wise not have gotten, in exchange for rejecting Heaven's doors for ever of course.

Every player will create a character and a devil who has a contract with you, they are an extension of your character and they always hide in your shadow unless needed. The focus of this game is to explore the consequences of making a contract for your soul, the gifts that came with it and the eternal dance between the fine line and the effect it will have moving forward with those in your life and the struggle between humanity and power. I have rules ready for contracts, powers(the more you use them, the more you merge with your devil) and a couple of other fun goodies to make this fun.

If you are interested in participating please post below, I don't know how many players I'll be taking but at the very least I'll make it a Hosted Project so I can take quite a few. Please start thinking about what kind of person you want to be and the devil you have as well as the gifts they've bestowed upon you.

/monthly_2016_08/devil_by_bettakats-d5ff2b5.jpg.a055d613a6bf92d74e549ea4cb606bba.jpg~Summoner~

Summoner is a Roleplay about humans, everyday people just like you and me who are broken, taken to the edge, where you get to stare into the abyss and in those final moments you realize something. The Abyss is staring right back at you. You are all humans who have made a contract with a Devil, a creature of unfathomable horror for power, greed, love, what ever have you. Regardless, as a summoner you have a new lease on life, a second chance you would have other wise not have gotten, in exchange for rejecting Heaven's doors for ever of course.

Every player will create a character and a devil who has a contract with you, they are an extension of your character and they always hide in your shadow unless needed. The focus of this game is to explore the consequences of making a contract for your soul, the gifts that came with it and the eternal dance between the fine line and the effect it will have moving forward with those in your life and the struggle between humanity and power. I have rules ready for contracts, powers(the more you use them, the more you merge with your devil) and a couple of other fun goodies to make this fun.

If you are interested in participating please post below, I don't know how many players I'll be taking but at the very least I'll make it a Hosted Project so I can take quite a few. Please start thinking about what kind of person you want to be and the devil you have as well as the gifts they've bestowed upon you.

I'm interested ^~^

I generally don't like modern, but it does have potential. Can't say whether or not I will join because life.

Damn, this looks good! I will be lurking for sure. Can't wait to see this become a thing. :)

I'm very interested in this. I see this is what you were working on. I'll see if any of my friends are interested.

By the way everyone, there a song at the top hidden with a spoiler. It promises hope and salvation and its totally fake about it :P!

Aaah! Ever since I saw your status update, I have been waiting for this moment! Color me impressed. I'm definitely interested. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Tentative interest. I like the idea of summoning and pacts, but the premise sounds...heavy.

I'm looking forward to seeing what direction you take it, at least.

Explain :D!

If I'm reading the premise right, Characters will be beginning the game at their lowest point. I'm just a little wary of jumping into that level of pathos right out of the gate. Its a bit draining (ie, heavy) to contemplate, much less write, and a little hard to do well when I'm new to the character.

Does that make sense?

I am interested in this type of roleplay. Would be kind of cool to have a contract with the devil due to my character's gluttony. I can just think of the power...summoning food. Hit me up when it's starting, or when you need profiles/ideas and what not.

If I'm reading the premise right, Characters will be beginning the game at their lowest point. I'm just a little wary of jumping into that level of pathos right out of the gate. Its a bit draining (ie, heavy) to contemplate, much less write, and a little hard to do well when I'm new to the character.

Does that make sense?

Sorry to butt in, but I think it's a good way to get to know your character really quickly, and from that point, it's salvation or deterioration. Then again, their lowest point doesn't have to be too low. Maybe they've grown up rich and spoiled but loved and cared for at the same time, but now moving out into a new city and feeling overwhelmed is their lowest point in life so far. It doesn't have to be dark, I'm sure there will be other super dark stuff that your character will be like a ray of light in the middle of it all.

P.S. Hope you don't mind me jumping right onto the metaphorical answer rug and hogging some of it ;)  @The Dark Wizard

Hey hey. Me again. I was wondering, if I were to participate in this, if you wanted realistic illustrated images, photography or anime. I'm assuming anime because of your profile picture, but I'd like to know just to be on the safe side. I know realistic images are usually expected in realistic/modern, so... Heh. Yeah. 

I had another question but I forgot. 

Actually this sounds similar to the roleplay I am just starting. 

So tempted to be part of this D: 

Do you have an example of the contract/powers??

Do you have an example of the contract/powers??

Once I create the RP, there will be a character sheet and some example characters.

Hey hey. Me again. I was wondering, if I were to participate in this, if you wanted realistic illustrated images, photography or anime. I'm assuming anime because of your profile picture, but I'd like to know just to be on the safe side. I know realistic images are usually expected in realistic/modern, so... Heh. Yeah. 

I had another question but I forgot. 

I'm not too fussed just yet.

This seems neat, and definitely a few shades darker than the other roleplays I've been in so far. Put me down as interested in participating, or at the very least, interested to see the final project. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back