Advice/Help Suggestions on how to write a roleplay search master thread?

bastion

just a little guy
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
What I mean by a roleplay search master thread is one thread that includes information on all my roleplay interests and plots ideas, so I don't have to juggle multiple search threads.
  • What information should I include in this master thread?
  • How should I organize the information?
  • How much detail should I include?
  • Is it better to include all the information for every idea and such in the thread, or just the basics and link to extra threads with additional information?
This is my current version, but I'm not happy with it.

I'm currently making use of spoilers to keep it short, but perhaps some basic coding to include tabs would be better? I'm also thinking of condensing my plots and characters together since I'm more character focused so listing plots with the characters might make more sense.

So tabs are the best way to go.

One tab with your “RP resume” so to speak

- what you expect from a paetner
- what you bring in terms of writing style
- any deal breakers.

The other tabs should be your interests. I usually divide them into fandom tab and original tab but that’s just a personal preference.

Edit.

For your search I would actually put your characters in tabs then place simple prompts below them.

Tab 2 = Joe Smith
A generic character description here

Plots
- school exchange between magic schools (have derailed plot).

So basically give a short description of the character and maybe a sentence description of the plots you want.

That way people can ask for clarifying information on things they’re interested in.

Last edited:
I find that if you have a catchy title of your search, people are more likely to come and see. Other than that, the person above gave great advice, just include as much info as you can on what you’d like to do and what you’d be interested in and how!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back