Suggestion Box

I think that the majority of the junior enlisted spots can be filled with NPCs. Truthfully, they wouldn't be able to regularly converse with the NCOs or officers all that often. And they would be rather expendable.

Hey, we've got a platoon commander (lieutenant) to command the sections (sergeants), but I think we need a company commander (major), company deputy commander (captain), and a sergeant major (who acts as the company commander's assistant) who can issue commands to the platoon whenever needed.

I got this idea from Lindybeige's video.

I think we should stay the way we are, with companies led by lieutenants, but perhaps we could add first Sergeants. Back in the day, a lot of companies were led by junior officers.

Eh, we're a platoon. I think our platoon commander must have a superior officer from the company level, since a company is more or less composed of 3 platoons. That's so our platoon commander can receive orders from above the chain of command.

Then we're the section commanders who will in turn receive orders from the platoon commander, and soldiers at the fireteam level will receive orders from the section commander. That's how the hierarchy works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. But I think we should keep the rank structure as it is, to prevent post choke points. Officers would only talk to Sergeants, and higher ranking officers would only talk to officers under them, and first and platoon sergeants. That means that some people would only have one or two people to converse with, and that would slow down posts. Plus only about half of our characters are officers or senior ncos. We'd pretty much have to start over to do that right.

Agreed. But I think we should keep the rank structure as it is, to prevent post choke points. Officers would only talk to Sergeants, and higher ranking officers would only talk to officers under them, and first and platoon sergeants. That means that some people would only have one or two people to converse with, and that would slow down posts. Plus only about half of our characters are officers or senior ncos. We'd pretty much have to start over to do that right.

Ah, so that's what you meant. Very well, let's go with that then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back