Chitchat Suggest Music to Me

Fable

₮ⱧɆ ₥Ɏ₮Ⱨ, ₮ⱧɆ ⱠɆ₲Ɇ₦Đ, ₮ⱧɆ ₣₳฿ⱠɆ
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I figured I needed some musical enlightenment, aka, I want to be introduced to bands/singers I'm not familiar with. As far as my musical tastes, they're fairly open. My major dislikes are rap, hick hop, R&B, easy-listening, nightcore, daycore, and Avant-garde. My major likes are under the rock umbrella (pop rock, grunge, alt rock, etc), dubstep umbrella (melodic, house, trap, etc). Top bands I like; 30 Seconds to Mars, Kill Hannah, Chevelle, Godsmack, System of a Down, A Perfect Circle, etc.

I also do like JROCK, like the GazettE, ONE OK ROCK, LOG, Alice Nine/A9, Nightmare, Baby Metal, exist†trace, Band Maid (to name a few).

You might wanna try giving Electro-Swing a try. Specifically Peggy Suave.

I'm sure there's quite a few bands I could suggest, but the first thing that comes to mind is Halestorm. ^^

If you don't mind abrasive vocals and fast tempos, I do suggest trying out the heavy metal genre— awesome composition, lot of creativity, and a rich array of subgenres.

Of course, if you prefer it light:

And there also happens to be slower kinds of stuff:

Heavy metal and its subgenres are one of the most misunderstood and underappreciated musical scenes out there— mostly due to the controversial nature of black metal and the terrible music produced by nu metal. So I recommend at least trying it out.

Do you like alt/indie/hipster stuff? : 3
I recommend Arctic Monkeys, Tame Impala, Modest Mouse, and Silversun Pickups. And (somewhat) lesser known: Glass Animals, Phantogram, MISSIO, the Wombats, and Miike Snow.

Oh, and this is more post-hardcore, but I think Enter Shikari is pretty underappreciated. I also like KONGOS, but I don't know if they've put anything new out in a while.

Edit: oh my gosh how could I have forgotten Muse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back