• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Street Magic || The Mall

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
full

Street Magic

IC || OOC || CS || Rules || Lore
The mall is considered a social hangout for many folks. People perform in the open spaces and set up stores on the sides. The food court will help you feed your inner desires for exotic foods. On top of this, there is even a movie theater for you to sit and watch different flicks. Occasionally, a politician or celebrity may show up. You can also discover new experiences by just walking around. The outside of the mall also has a few stores set up.

Important: Most character's work places will be here to save space.

Asha
"People like you are the reason I want to control life"

full

Tick. Tick. Tick. Asha questioned her sanity after every tick as she wondered why she even bothered to set up shop today. There was apparently some event going on and it had taken all her customers with it. An older lady had come in, a witch, but she was a regular and not in to the "modern ways of society" as she called it. She always bought the same crap though.

"I wonder what that witch needs a ghost orchid for?" Asha thought out loud like she did many times throughout the day. She found that, when you worked a flower shop, you were prone to either talking to yourself or the plants.
Neither lead to a very insightful conversation regardless of her status as a plant elemental. Asha went down to her knees looking for a book underneath her register. She kept her books close so that she could always keep a good eye out for the shop, though she had many eyes within her plant friends (still they liked to not listen so it was best she kept the responsibility). Pulling out a green book with some odd alchemist symbols, she started to slip through.

"Ghost orchid....." she mumbled as she scanned the pages for the ingredient. She had done this many times before for other odd buys from customers and she wondered why she never did it for this regular customer. "Damn it! It isn't in here...." she grumbled, but she should of known. Alchemy and witchcraft weren't the same, though there were many similarities and it wasn't to say witches couldn't do alchemy or the other way around. Still, Asha didn't care for the ways of witchcraft as, in her mind, it was more of a magic while alchemy was a science and she liked science. Strange for an elemental to think this way, but she just liked the reality in it.

"I really need to go buy some freaking spell books for reference," she decided. The store was dead anyways and it was quite a nice day for a plant elemental, though a tad too crowded. Shutting her book, she stuffed it back under the register before turning of the lights and flipping her sign and grabbing her cheap little backpack purse. Her keys jangled as she fumbled around for the right ones. Yes, that is right, she had three locks. Clicking each one, Asha started towards the bookstore.

It was interesting to see that a lot of other shops were rather empty as she walked past empty shop and rushing people. I must of missed some memo, she thought as she turned towards the direction of the bookstore. It wasn't too far, but she found it was also in the middle of a lot of the action and heavily crowded. Really? Everyone decides they like to read today?! Asha mumbled under her breath curse words as she made her way to the spell section of the store. Being frustrated by the heavily populated isles and the noise, Asha grabbed a random choice and quickly got out of there.

"Can't even choose a book peacefully," she sort of yelled in the direction of the store, though no one really payed her mind. Asha looked down at the book she chose. IT had flower patterns so she just thought it might be fairly interesting and have some info. If not, she could return it or just buy another. Looking up from the book, Asha noticed that the aquarium was rather empty. She thought about it for a second...

"Well, I might as well use this membership," she reached into her bag and grabbed her wallet as the walked towards the aquarium. It was usually a fairly peaceful place to read, and given how busy places can get randomly, Asha had made a point to collect memberships for all the places that would be empty at certain times. She didn't like reading in her own shop cause the flowers were annoying sometimes and mocked her. Yeah, personal elemental problems.

Showing her pass, Asha went inside and found the "Deep ocean" exhibit where she sat under a small area of illuminated light and started scanning through the pages of her new book.

Feeling
Many things, but currently Focused

Interactions
@ A N Y O N E

Mara Parore
Mara was a bit reluctant to come into work that morning. I wasn’t because she felt ill or she had other matters to attend to, but rather something there that was keeping her away.

A certain someone.

The newest intern the aquarium had hired was a bubbly 16 year old human that was studying to be a marine biologist. And seeing as Mara was directly working with the various aquatic animals they had… was was stuck dealing with her. It wouldn’t have been that bad, but there was one small detail.

She was also part fish.

The girl’s name was Avery and she had only briefly met her at the end of her shift yesterday (thank the lord) but one of her co-workers made the mistake of mentioning her race to her, the teen visibly seeming as if was about to pass out due to the excitement upon her face. This got her a tense, thin-lipped smile, while wanting to punch the guy in the throat. Thankfully she had gotten home before she was pushed into the nearest pool of water.

Today however... Today there really wasn't a choice in the matter.

So as she had walked through the staff entrance that morning, she was given a brief apologetic glance from one of the offices, it belonging to Stefan Vicks, the owner, before footsteps could be heard running down the hall towards her at a rather fast pace. Avery standing before her all to eagerly, beaming as she held her notebook a bit too tightly. “I wasn’t expecting you to be here yet…” Mara commented, walking past her, the girl not even needing to be told to follow. “I got here bright and early so we could begin!” She affirmed, walking on the merwoman’s heels. Sending her a brief glance, she sighed and continued walking. “We’re going to begin with the medical tanks to see how the current residents are faring.” This seemed to dull the enthusiasm blaring off of her, but not by much.

They looked over the few fish and other species they had recovering from minor injuries, the biggest out of all of them being a small leopard shark that had gotten tangled in a bit of rope, it having cut into its gills rather painfully. While she worked, she explained a few things to the girl, she taking notes, clearly wanting to move onto bigger and better things.

“Now that we’re done here.” Mara finally announced after spending a fair amount of time boring Avery to tears. “The freshwater exhibit is up next.”

Moving over to the pools of fresh water within the facility, they began basic maintenance and observation to make sure nothing was wrong. By now the teen was repeatedly peering into to the water, almost seeming captivated by the few fish that were there if it weren’t for her always glancing back at Mara when she did so. For right now… she tried to ignore the gesture.

Once that was complete, they transitioned to the deep ocean exhibit that was salty instead of fresh. At first it appeared as if the girl was going to begin complaining or do something of the sort, but Mara was too intently focused on watching the creatures below to notice the mischievous gleam in her eye as she snuck up behind her.

“It seems as if everything is- AHH!” Mara was suddenly cut off as she was pushed into one of the large tanks. Cursing harshly, she gave a kick of her now formed tail and surfaced, moving to the edge of the water while pushing soaking wet hair out of her face, her annoyance extremely clear. Pulling herself out without a word, this seemed to intrigue the girl more than anything she had seen that day, quickly scribbling away within her notebook until the middle-aged woman exclaimed “OUT!” Startling Avery, she doing it again and gesturing towards the door, she scurrying away.

Now she groaned, having ruined yet another set of pants when she realized that her phone had been in her pocket. “Fucking…” She snarled to herself, looking around for a moment and seeing it settled upon the bottom of the tank’s sandy floor. Seeing as it was a weekday and there should’ve been many visitors if at all, she slipped back in, aiming to try and get to the device before any real damage was done. It was supposed to be waterproof however she hadn’t been inclined to test that feature until now.

Asha

full

Her nose was buried in the book as her eyes quickly scanned each and every page.
It was sort of eerie how silent it was around here, but Asha had grown use to it and besides, around this time,
the staff were making their rounds and it was sometimes interesting to take a break and watch them. Asha had never been into fish, mind you, but she did enjoy learning about the aquatic plants the aquarium had to offer.
She often wondered how much it would cost to start her own aquaculture.

Asha sighed after getting a slight frustration headache from a lack of finding anything about the Ghost Orchid and sat the book open beside her. Laying her head back for a second, Asha tried to get rid of the throbbing. Voiced soon came from some where nearby as she opened her eyes to see two staff members enter to start working on the exhibit. They both looked like normal humans from where she was sitting and she always wondered why there wasn't more water elemental or fish druids or something. I mean there were some, but it seemed like humans still ran the majority of these operations. Then again, she considered alchemist, witches, and warlocks as humans too.

Asha watched as the two disappeared with the older one, since the youngest seemed like a young teen, mentoring the other one. Must have a new member to their staff, she thought, though, as much as Asha stopped by here, she didn't really know anyone and couldn't tell new from old unless she saw the way they handled themselves. It was actually quite rude of her when the people at the entrance would greet her by name and she couldn't even recall who they were in terms of appearance.

Once the two had disappeared and seemed to be above the exhibit, Asha stood up and decided to peer into the tank. They sometimes dropped food or did other things which was always a little entertaining, though she still couldn't understand why anyone enjoyed watching fish this much. The water and the darkness of it was rather peaceful, though, if not frightening since Asha had never experienced long periods of submersion. She was a Carbon breathing plan elemental, though she knew how other plants functioned and how the processed carbon and oxygen like that, she didn't know if, as an elemental, she could adapt to that.

"Probably not," she thought out loud with a shiver before a splash could be heard and she saw someone drop into the water. Before she looked close enough, Asha turned to see the young teen girl run our slightly giggling. Rude! Asha thought having concluded that she had pushed the other one in. Maybe she was annoyed with being bossed around, but even Asha knew that you should obey those you work under. I would fire her instantly, she commented, though she had never had actual employees.

Asha turned back to the water to no longer see what she had thought was a human, but a mermaid? No, Siren was the proper term, she remembered. The siren woman seemed agitated and was diving down to get the glowing screen at the bottom. Surely a Siren would carry a waterproof phone, she stereotyped before tapping on the glass and mouthing the words "Do you need help" and "are you okay?"

Feeling
Annoyed by her book, by that bratty teenager, and just in general

Interactions
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Mara Parore
While trying to dodge fish and other larger creatures that were within the tank, she finally reached the bottom and grabbed the cell phone, the screen still illuminated and appearing to be fully functioning. Giving a sigh of relief, she then noticed a slight tapping on the glass, a visitor to the aquarium mouthing a few words that she was able to somewhat understand. Mara would nod in response, but unable to respond as there was another sound originating from above. Looking up, she saw through the water not only Avery, but an unamused Stefan as well.

Swimming up to the surface and moving to the edge, Mara couldn't get a word in as the girl began to play the victim. "S-she tried to push me in but fell!" It was clear her superior wasn't buying this, and only further cemeted her stance as she hauled herself out, setting on the side as she explained. "I had been about to leave to continue my rounds when it pushed me in, treating me like the exhibit." The girl was quick to defend herself. "That isn't true! I wouldn't! I'm here to-" "Check her notebook." The merwoman cut her off as she was handed a few towels, setting her phone down beside her as she began to dry off. "May I see it?" He asked, the teen reluctantly handing it over as it was opened, the pages flipped through.

It was enough to prove Mara's point, the girl being led away almost in tears, a triumphant smile upon the older female's lips.

Asha

full

Asha watched as the siren managed to get her phone back before she came back towards the tapping she was doing on the glass. In response to her question, that she was amazed she could even understand, the siren nodded, though she couldn't really tell what question she was responding to. It all happened so quickly as she saw more staff members piling in to the room that lead above the deep ocean exhibit. The bratty child that had seemingly caused all this was with them and Asha couldn't help, but notice she was a little off. Either way, the siren turned away from Asha and swam back up to the surface.

"What an interesting turn of events," Asha thought, no longer annoyed by her lack of information about the Ghost Orchid. A little curious, Asha decided to sit herself on a bench not too far from the door as to see if she could tell what happened when they all came piling out. Her book and purse were still on the other bench, she had forgotten, so she quickly returned for them, since you never know what thieves are waiting. Asha settled herself back near the door and decided she would continue scanning the book, so it didn't look like she was being completely nosy.

"I wish I had super hearing, but that isn't a plant thing," she grumbled as time passed and found she could not focus in finding the words Ghost Orchid anywhere. Soon, she was merely staring at the same page while she tried to strain her focus on what was occurring behind the door.

Feeling
Curious and Nosy

Interactions
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Buck Chandler

"Hello, Rena? I know it's your day off, but I'd really appreciate it if you could show up today. I just had to fire the new girl after catching her getting a manicure on her shift, and Zeke called in sick, so we're a little bit short-staffed right now and I could really use the help. Bye." Buck ended the voicemail and tore into the soft pretzel he just bought. He felt guilty for not sharing the workload himself, but he was on the verge of a culinary/alchemical breakthrough and didn't want to put it off.
As Buck stuffed the last bite of the pretzel in his mouth, he got a text from Rena saying that she could show up and some other stuff that Buck didn't read because he already had his sights set on his next destination...
Which turned out to be a dead end. Asha's store was closed, even though the sign by the door literally showed the time to be within the store's operating hours. Buck was about to text Rena back and tell her she could continue her break, but he felt compelled to at least try to ask. Buck turned his phone back on and texted:

>hey sorry to bother you but did that covfefe lily i ordered come in yet

After a moment of deliberation, Buck added, wincing:

>i dont need it now but i just want to know

Mood: Slightly embarrassed

Interactions: Asha (Over text)

( DemonKitten DemonKitten I feel like they'd probably know each other but if you don't want them to feel free to tell me and I'll have Buck bother someone else)

Naya Tonnerre

Gearhead Customs: the largest and oldest autoshop in the city. Owned and operated by Jimmy Gearhead--from a long line of Gearheads--it boasts of its supernatural service. Since the conception of the automobile, Gearhead Customs has been around to provide any variety of maintenance and detail. And up until a few years ago, its workforce was entirely supernatural: Naya Tonnerre, fresh out of tech school and barely fluent in English had joined the team as the only human among magic and gnomes. While not the newest addition to the big family, her being so ordinary makes her stand out at the shop. So here Naya was, still adjusting to American city life with diverse and powerful coworkers.

She pulled herself out from under a car one last time, her creeper's squeaky wheel sending her sideways as she rolled. With a squeak, she straightened her path before sitting up and running the back of her arm across her sweaty forehead--effectively leaving a line of dark grease. "All ready for new oil," she called as she stood to her full height with her dirtied tools in her arms. At the front of the car, a coworker would be funneling in the liquid and she darted around to the driver's side. "Can we do anything else for you today?" she asked with a smile, the French countryside lacing her voice.

Naya was working the newer and streamlined addition to the shop: a car or truck could pull right through a a short tunnel for a check up and oil change. Three or four mechanics--or fewer depending on their abilities would run around the car checking tires and lights and under the hood. At the driver's window was a small counter, a very adjustable chair used as more of a step stool for the shorter mechanics, and touchscreen computer that swiveled neatly toward the client, displaying work done and costs. This is what the young man looked upon now, squinting his single, ginormous eyeball. A single eyeball was easy and Naya's polite smile remained on her face.

"No, I think that's all," he said. Slowly he handed over a credit card.

"Awesome! I'll ring you out, the guys will have you turn your car on in a few to check the oil levels and you should be all set," she explained. As she talked, she inserted the chip of the card, confirming the transaction and returning the man his card and receipt. "And one more thing," she hummed, licking her lips as she wrote onto a sticker the current date and in how many more miles he would need an oil change. "Excuse me--" Into his window she reached to stick it to the top of his front window. Her poofy pony tail bounced as she straightened herself up outside the car.

Naya thanked the man for his business, politely excusing herself to step into the late morning air. There sat a line of cars and taxis in need of oil changes, and she waved the next one into the garage as she heard the man speed away.

Mood: Engaged
Interacting: NPCs
Coded By || StoneWolf18

Dare Edwards

Dare was bored. It had been a slow day at the shop, and her regular was nowhere to be seen. Even Ernest was quieter than usual. She sighed, contemplating closing early when the small bell above the door released a small jingle. “Dare? Where are you?” an old voice crooned quietly. She immediately perked up, recognizing the voice in an instant. “Mr. Sites! I’m right here, sir!” she replied cheerfully. The old man paused, adjusting his glasses. “Are you? I didn’t see you there, sweetie.”

“I know. Here, let me get the chair for you.” The man was mostly blind at this point but insisted on living at home. Always a trooper, he was. And the regular she’d been expecting. Every week, without fail, he came in to pay for her services in contacting the dead. His wife, who had passed some years before, still loved to speak with him as if she were still around. And while she wouldn’t turn away a customer, she also loved this old duo. They were both sweet and charming with their old mannerisms and sensibilities. And of course, they were cheerful and content with their lot in “life,” unlike most of her other customers with tear-stained cheeks and trembling hands.

She helped Mr. Sites into the plush chair in the side room. He placed the small box of ashes onto the table alongside a simple golden band, his late wife’s wedding ring, and almost before the incantation had finished spilling from Dare’s lips, the soul appeared, a dark silhouette of a person, ink black through and through except for a pair of glowing red orbs where the eyes should be. Most customers were disturbed to see their loved ones like this, vague shadows of how they were in death, but good old Mr. Sites couldn’t see her anyway. And Dare was sure he wouldn’t mind, anyway. They had that kind of love between them.

“Afternoon, Thomas dear. How have you been?” the soul said, the sound distorted and inhuman yet sweet and doting at the same time. “I’ve been well, Dollie. And you?” The pair continued for a time, chatting, reminiscing, telling stories to each other and to Dare, who was pretty sure they thought of her as a surrogate granddaughter. All in all, the usual. It was lovely all the same, though. After an hour and a half, Dare had to cut in.

“As much as I would love to hear you two go on for hours, I do have to run my shop. I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright, dear. We understand,” Mrs. Sites whispered, her tone that of a comforting mother, though twisted to match her undead appearance. The depth of shadow below her red eyes shifted and Dare knew she was trying to smile. After they said their goodbyes, for all the world sounding like they were neighbors who had met at the store and expected to meet on the way home, Mrs. Sites vanished, leaving the room slightly brighter physically, but slightly dimmer emotionally.

“Let me help you up, Mr. Sites,” Dare said, standing up and walking over to where the old man sat, staring at the space where the “ghost” had been.

“Hm? Oh, yes. Thank you, Dare.” She ran through the motions with him, helping him up, carrying his items, leading him to the front counter where she rang up his session (subtracting a sizable discount without him realizing), waving goodbye as he shuffled out the door into the mall proper. “Same time next week, Mr. Sites?”

“Of course, Donn--Dare. Goodbye, sweetie.”

As the door quietly closed behind him, she smiled wistfully. She always loved his weekly visits. Her eyes trailed around the walls of the shop, lingering on each random item on the stuffed shelves. There was a lot of jewelry, rings and necklaces mostly. Some books, a couple articles of clothing, some children’s toys (those had the saddest stories). Many items were broken or tarnished, leftovers from hard rituals. Others were perfectly intact, almost sadder than the broken ones. Items left behind by those who want to move on. Those customers she usually never saw a second time.

Eventually, she grew bored again, and she rested her head on her hand and stared into space, fingering the small glass pendant around her neck, wondering about Ernest.

Mood: Bored
Interacting: NPCs/No one/Anyone
Coded By || StoneWolf18

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-22_21-16-17.png
    upload_2017-6-22_21-16-17.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 1

Asha

full

Asha was still waiting patiently for the little group of staff to come out. She was hoping to see that little privileged brat being dragged by the ear out of there as well as some on the spot termination. She always wondered what firing an employee would be like.

A buzzing noise came from her bag as she remembered that she forgot to take her phone off silent. Reaching in to her bag, Asha pulled out her smartphone to see the screen already illuminated with pieces of a text.

"Hey sorry to..." it cut out before she could continue to read it, forcing her to unlock her phone. She rolled her eyes as if it was such a complicated thing to do and used her thumb print to unlock her phone. The message was from a regular customer that she had become decently acquainted with, enough to give them her number and not feel annoyed by the constant "is it there yet?"

"Convfefe lily?" she thought out loud. "Did I have to order that? or was that something I tried to grow?" She tried to recall if that was a plant failure since she could not always make something she hadn't researched or at least touched and examined once.

"I did have to order that, now that I recall," though she had not had a shipment for the odd order yet. She typed away on her phone in response.

> I am guessing you came by.
> Sorry, the shop was fairly empty and I got curious about something.
> Anyhow, the plant hasn't come in yet. Shipment seems to be running late.
> Would you like me to meet you at the shop?

She finished texting and looked back up at the door and then back at her phone as she waited for a reply.

Feeling
Neutral

Interactions
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

Buck Chandler

Buck sat down on a nearby bench outside Asha's shop as he read her replies.
"Damn..." he whispered under his breath, even though he knew the flower he requested would take a while to arrive. Covfefe lilies had a curious habit of wilting in areas where there was precipitation up to a week prior, so shipping them could be a pain.
Buck suddenly got a notification from Rena saying that she couldn't make it, but he couldn't read the whole thing because a violent screech came from within the shop that made his stomach churn. Buck twisted around and vomited over the balcony onto the first floor. Thankfully, a conveniently placed garbage can caught the majority of it, but the scene still solicited looks of horror as well as misguided applause from a group of frat boys.
Buck ran from the store until the noise was droened out by the general mall clamor, and then sat back down to reply to Asha:

>i dont know if you heard it but i think a mandrake went off in your store
>might wanna check it out

The screaming had subsided, but Buck still felt a little queasy and didn't dare return to the scene.

Mood: Sick

Interactions: DemonKitten DemonKitten

Ethan Sterling
Mentions: None
It was never quite in this part of the city, day or night. Whether it was the bustle of people going about their daily duties, or the nightlife that permeated the city. In this specific spot it just happened to be louder than the rest, what with it being the so called "best" nightclub in the city. Even outside the building the screams and cheers sounded out above blaring, heart pumping, body shaking music. Inside the adrenaline continued skyrocketed alongside hormones as hundreds, if not thousands, of eyes gazed upon a singular being in what you could only call reverence, the degree of which only increased as they fell further and further under the trance of music. Just as the crowd neared a frenzy of motion and desire, a sudden silence fell on the large room. As the party goers were on the edge of coming off their high, a melodious voice rang out over the speakers.

"Everybody let me hear you SCREAM!"

Even before the last syllable left the speakers mouth, the music returned and the crowd's frenzy more than doubled as they were once again dragged into the beat of the music. Up in the booth, the shepherd of these sheep smirked to himself as he continued gaze on what he considered his, at least while they were in this building and under his trance. Snapping back to focus and moving to continue his musical manipulations, he knew tonight would be a good night, better than usual even-

Have you ever had one of those days when you wake up and you find that it's not morning, but in fact nearing afternoon? That, for some apparent reason, you've wasted around half the day laying around in a realm of imagination, wonder, and terror? That feeling of resignation that you just wasted so much time that you could have used in something more productive? Being overcome by lethargy and sloth, on top of the already tiring feeling of an overly long sleep. And above all...

-Eyes snapped open, a grimace on the face, and the thought in the back of his head that he was wrong, that night turned out to be fairly sub-par in all actuality. Things hadn't turned out the way he wanted them after he was finished with his set and put the music on a premade playlist, and now here he was annoyed, alone and hungover-

Have you ever just woken up hungover while cursing all possible deities for making you suffer through such unrelenting torture after being gifted such sweet, sweet bliss?

-For Ethan, this was just another day in his exciting night life, but monotonous day life. Waking up in a backroom of the club with a splitting headache, though unusually he had no company this time, then getting chased out of the club by the day workers who by this point did it more to make sure he got some coffee in his body than to actually get rid of him, which was honestly quite nice of them considering that Ethan is, in a word, an asshole. Now all he had to do was finish dragging himself to his frequent cafe, all while enduring the accursed bright happy sunshine that demanded his perpetual pain and suffering. Looking back at times like these, he really didn't find it hard to believe that the God of Light was as big of jackass as he was, because only someone truly despicable would make it so light had such a reaction to those just coming of inebriation.

An unfortunate side effect of this current state that Ethan could have learned to control by now but didn't simply to feed his own ego is that the natural allure present in his race was slightly uncontrolled, which led to Ethan getting more attention than he usually did, not that he minded at all. One could even say that Ethan enjoyed the drama that it caused. But today, that was neither here nor there as Ethan seemed to get next to no attention until he finally pushed himself into his frequented cafe and took his seat right next to the shop window and entrance. Spotting his regular waitress from across the room he dismissively waved his hand to the questioning look she gave him. After all, everyone who worked here long enough knew by now that he only really got one thing, and with a shake of her head at his attitude, she went off to get his order.

As he went back to staring out the window and mentally cursing everything that ever existed, he heard a squeal, wincing to himself at the sudden sharp noise, from the other side of his table and turned to see a girl sitting across from him. Raising an eyebrow in part curiosity, part irritation, he stared at her in such a way that clearly meant for her to speak up.

Blushing lightly to herself, she soon did. "Like, you're the DJ at that nearby club right? The biggest one in, like, the whole city?" Seeing his wordless nod and continued raised eyebrow, she kept on. "Like, I was wondering if you wanted to, like, maybe go do something with me and a few of my girls?" As she finished,
there was a certain flirtatious undertone that Ethan immediately picked up.

Taking a moment to look over her, Ethan would admit that she was certainly attractive, in the terms of hourglass figure, pretty face, that whole package. Unfortunately for her, today he was in the mood for cute,
petite girls. He mentally lamented his luck that she would come today instead of yesterday when she would have been exactly what he desired. Oh well, he supposed that's how the cookie crumbled. Absently accepting his coffee from the waitress who gave him a half amused, half warning look, he responded to the girl. "That certainly sounds fun but..." He gives her a sardonic, yet somehow charming, smile. "Like, you aren't my type. Try again, like, in a week and maybe you'll be it." Waving her off carelessly, he turned to look out the window, then stopped for a moment. "Though if any of 'your girls' happen to be cute petite type, send 'em my way, yeah?" With a snicker to himself at her part outraged yet saddened look, he then began looking out the window and drinking his coffee.

Asha

full

Asha was still waiting to see anything, but the exhibit was too dark and she was getting rather bored now. Her phone vibrated next to her as she found her resolve to leave. [i[Not again,[/i] she thought as she read the text and let out an exasperated sigh. This is what happens when I leave the shop for even a few minutes/ Asha got up from where she was seated and packed up all her stuff. She doubted they were going to come out anytime soon, but she really wished to meet the siren girl. Sirens didn't come around her show very often since they really had no need for plants, she guessed.

Flipping her bag over her shoulder, Asha left the aquarium and headed back to her dreaded loneliness. She guessed it was better than sitting around people all day. Still, as she unlocked the door, and the screaming still mildly echoes,
she couldn't help but wish she had a best friend instead of good customers. Asha shut the door and hurried over to the poor mandrake as she got it back into the soil to shut it up. The sound didn't bother Asha too much other than the intense migraine and how she wished she could just command it to shut up.

Placing it back with the others, Asha started to straighten the store as she turn back on her open sign for any passing customers.

Feeling
Neutral

Interactions
StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

Sloane Shields

The witch arrived at her shop, a building with two levels: the first had wide windows to show off the clean and well maintained shop. Art work hung on the walls and in the windows, showing off Sloane's skill in ink design. It had to be good to maintain any salary in such a competitive city. Her work was beautiful and diverse, the 'if you have to ask, you can't afford it" of tattoos. The struggle of managing Ink Shields came down to its small employee roster of...one. She was always booked, and she rarely had time to delve into her magic, but talent was difficult to find and an apprenticeship would add even more to work load...

The second level of Ink Shields was her home, hinted at by the windows up top. They were large and could let plenty of natural (and city) light into her loft if she allowed it, but Sloane often had the heavy curtains drawn. Her professional life was open and inviting, but her personal life much less so. She unlocked the entrance to her parlor and flipped the sign to OPEN as she closed the door behind her. Her heels clicked against the floor as she walked around to take a seat at the reception counter, sighing. Even a receptionist would help, and she wondered if she should put an ad out for exactly that.

Sloane sighed at the prospect of even more work to do, but such a luxury would have to wait. She set her bag at her feet and pulled a binder off the laptop under the counter, flipping to today's date. She had quite a few appointments to look forward to for the rest of the day.

Mood: Relaxed
Interacting: Open
Coded By || StoneWolf18

metal-vampire.regular.png

The inhabitants of the city were used to unusual sights wandering about but still a dozen intrigued eyes turned to glance at one of the many figures making their way down the street. What really made her stand out from the crowd was her attire;

Wearing a pair of high, black leather combat boots that transitioned into faded grey jeans, an unusual choice of clothing during such a warm, lovely day with the sun shining her nurturing light down.
And while her lower half looked fit to survive the cold weather of Siberia her top was covered with nothing more than a black tank top, allowing people to catch glimpses of the sickly pale skin....
Hiding under a gigantic black Umbrella!

Those unfortunate people being close enough to what looked like the Punk version of Marry Poppins could catch her grumbling and annoyed cursing, lamenting having to venture out in broad daylight or how the sun seemed awfully hot today.

But she couldn't help it.
Despite the existence of her kind being common knowledge not every establishment catered to their rather peculiar office hours. Not every store could keep their employees working 24 hours and late night hours and so it was that most Vampires were forced to adapt to these circumstances; bathing in sunblock and covering every inch of their pale skins in dark clothing was one of the only ways they could leave their lairs during the day.

But what was even worse than the Sunlight was having to be up during the day instead of dozing off at home, on the ancient couch she called a bed. And it would have been bearable if her Roommates didn't keep her awake for so long.
"Damnit Oxford, if I get home you'll be the one arranging the Breakfast." Tess cursed under her Umbrella, coming to a halt as she flicked her phone out from her back pocket, raising a pierced eyebrow as she checked the address.
"These streets all look the same during the day." The bloodsucker mumbled.

But there was a reason for Tess willingly escaping the bat cave and engaging in the world of the living.
The reason being the vivid Thorn Rose tattoo adorning her left arm and shoulder.
The day she was turned she had gotten herself a single red rose.
It had been 30 years since then, and every decade another rose joined the original, connected with the thorny vines that covered her pale skin.

And today was the thirtieth anniversary of her being turned, and with it came the need to continue that little tradition of hers.
She had only heard good things from Ink Shields, no complaints, a ton of praise and having arranged an appointment with the owner, Sloane Shields, Tess didn't need much more convincing.

Peeking out from underneath her wide-brimmed umbrella Tess finally found the parlor, raising an eyebrow as she noticed the many impressive displays of Sloane's craft decorating the walls.
Her lips curling into her trademark toothy grin Tess put her phone back in her pocket and entered the Witch's workshop, already feeling the weight of Sunlight no longer affecting her and allowing her to finally put her umbrella away.
Spying the owner sitting behind the receptionist desk Tess greeted her with a warm smile, tilting her head to the side and waving at her.
"Hello! I think I'm at the right place, got an appointment!" The vampire remarked as the heels of her heavy combat boots carried her over to the reception, resting one hand on the desk to support her slender frame as she softly leaned over.
"I'm Tess, with a double S, nice to meet you in person."

Compass Compass

Sloane Shields

Sloane's gaze raised to the door as she caught movement outside. She squinted, though. Was the figure putting away an umbrella? Was there a cloud in the sky? "Hm," she said, shrugging and dropping her eyes back to her appointment book, then the clock. Sure enough, she had someone booked: Tess, along with some details about the tattoo that Sloane couldn't quite read now. "Damn pen," she muttered, closing the book as the client walked in. Sloane greeted her with a polite smile and sat up a little straighter.

The other was tall--almost as tall as Sloane--and young. Her sense of style wasn't terribly different from Sloane's either, maybe a little more punk where Sloane tended to lean toward goth. Nothing unprofessional, though, of course...

"Welcome to Ink Shields," she said, the voice from over the phone resounding in her memory. "Roses," she remembered suddenly as she stood up. "I'm Sloane, I'll be doing the design and ink." It seemed silly to say, her possibly being the only living soul in the building, but some customers. "Nice to meet you too, Tess, you're just about on time." She wasn't one to dance around the subject, so she tilted her head as she watched the other. "Did you have something specific in mind, do you need me to draw you up something original? Do you want to look through the portfolios first?" She gestured loosely to the top of the desk and to a table in a small waiting area.

Mood: Relaxed
Interacting: Vampunk Vampunk
Coded By || StoneWolf18

Very professional.
That was the first thing that popped into Tess' mind as Sloane got straight to the point, making the vampire's grin grow even wider.
"Something specific actually." Tess remarked, her hand coming to brush through the stubbly short hair covering the left side of her head before tugging at the cloth of her tank top, revealing the intricate pattern of Roses adorning her shoulder and arm.
Each and every one of them had a different, yet coherent style, showing just how each one of them was unique in their own little way.
"As long as it's red and a blooming flower I'll be entirely content. Bonus points if the design's totally unique." Tess elaborated, tilting her head slightly to the side as she raised an eyebrow at Sloane.

"It's almost like a real garden, isn't it? Ready to add another one to that collection of mine, somewhat of a tradition of mine. Today's the anniversary anyways." Tess added, at this point the Vampire was just babbling at breakneck speed that might have resulted in her biting her tongue if it wasn't for her being used to it.
"So here I am, glad we could arrange this so easily, last few ones were somewhat of a chore."
Poising her hands on her hips Tess brushed a strand of raven black hair out of her face as she glanced over to Sloane, raising a pierced eyebrow.
"Oh, sorry about that, I tend to digress." The vampire apologized, rubbing the back of her head in embarrassment.
"Aaaanyways, looking forward to seeing what Ink magic you'll cast on me." Tess added with a happy smile, not knowing how very fitting that statement was.

Compass Compass

Sloane Shields

When Tess tugged at her tanktop, Sloane took it as an invitation to step around the counter to get a better look. In her heels, she stood an extra couple inches taller than the vampire, but still impressed by her height as they stood closer together. Most women didn't even come close to Sloane's height. It had nothing to do with work--save for it being easier to tattoo someone closer to her own height--so she said nothing as she looked over the ink flowers. "These are gorgeous," she noted, her green eyes running along all the lines. "Old, though. I can throw in a touch up, too." It was an offer, but not everyone liked different artists poking at their tattoos.

Sloane nodded, maybe seeming a little absent minded as she stepped back around the desk. Her gaze steadied on the other as she babbled, a polite smile on her face that didn't quite reach her eyes. The other was friendly, which Sloane appreciated, but she wasn't a terribly good listener and she just nodded in response. She grabbed a couple sheets of paper, her pencils and pens and sat down to draw.

She looked up to let the other know it might take a moment, when Tess commented on ink magic. Surprise flickered across her features for a moment and her brows furrowed as she eyed at the other. Was she trying to say something? Sloane paused for a moment, looking down at the page. Young person, old tattoos-- the fangs. Oh, she realized. A vampire could know something, but she's never seen this one before-- Paranoia racked at the witch's brain but she already hesitated too long. She had to reply, so she laughed lightly and nodded. "I'll see what I can come up with. The red ink takes to your skin well so we'll definitely stick with that. Just gimme a moment."

Mood: Paranoid
Coded By || StoneWolf18

After her conversation with the Dwarf and the Elf wound down, it sadly not bearing the fruits she hoped it would, Ni'Ara politely bid them farewell, smiling at the both of them in turn. She then stopped for just a moment to feel the breeze and look out over the ocean. She decided that she wasn't done marvelling aat natrure for the day, and pondered where to go next that was close nough to quickly visit from here before heading home for a well-deserved rest. While the ocean was calming, and its shade of blue was lovely, she found herself longing for greenery.

She'd woken up in a forest, after all, and felt a connection with lush greens and heady smells more than any other emotional connection to a sensation, and thus far, any other emotional connection she's ever felt. Thinking of this, she remembered an interesting shop she'd seen the last time she was at the mall: a flower shop of sorts. Upon briefly peeking into it, she saw all sorts of exotic flora, and a decent selection of more local varieties as well.

There was something about plants that fascinated her and made her calm, content, happy even, just by taking time to stop and gaze upon them. Maybe it was their dependency on oxygen to grow and thrive, that the very air she embodies keeps them alive. In fact, she remembered a time when some rather sickly-looking plants sitting outside a supermarket seemed to revitalize, just slightly, as she passed by. Then it hit her: She should start a garden of sorts. It was then decided that she'd head to the florist in the mall. She'd heard it was run by a supernatural, and so found herself trying to guess what sort exactly as she walked back up the beach towards the parking lot, mounted up her bike, turned the key in the ignition, slid her helmet on (a sleek light blue, of course) and kicked up the kickstand effortlessly, revving the engine before driving off. She really felt like speeding because of how excited she was to see the shop she had in mind, but managed to slow herself down preemptively.

Wind surrounding her, traffic rather lax and her mind abuzz with anticipation like it always was when she was looking forward to something, Ni reached the mall in what felt like no time at all. She found herself passing an aquarium, and as undersea creatures fascinated her in their own ways, made a mental note to stop by it afterr she was done in the flower shop. Making her way through the halls, light blue eyes curiously watching shoppers pass by, she smiled as she caught sight of the attractive-looking flower shop and made her way towards it, immediately heading inside to smell the aroma and see the plants up close. She marveled at quite a few items, mentally asking herself why she hadn’t come here sooner.

It took her a while to notice the dark-skinned woman behind the counter due to the captivating nature of the plants she was perusing. “Hello. Anything you’d recommend for me?” Ni’Ara said. Then, when looking at the woman, meeting her eyes, her own eyes widened. Just looking at her, she could feel a profound connection with nature, much like her own. “You….. you are a guardian of nature as well? I am Ni’Ara, Elemental of the Air.” She smiled and bowed politely towards the intriguing shop-owner, who would likely realize that her plants were quite enjoying Ni’Ara’s presence, becoming revitalized with pure oxygen simply by being near her.

DemonKitten DemonKitten

Asha

full

Asha had been grumbling to herself as she swept away the remaining mess from the floor and into the bin. She hated mandrakes. She wondered sometimes why she even bothered to keep them, but she remembered that some witches loved those awful things. Returning the broom to the closet in the back, Asha found her bag slightly opened and the book she had been scanning hanging out. "Well, it will probably be a boring day so it is best to keep busy," she grabbed the book and went back to leaning across her counter ignoring the emptiness of her store.

She had just started to get a little headache from scanning when she heard the bell above her door ring out. Looking up, Asha noticed a dark, blue skinned girl with long white hair, quite a unique appearance. The woman hadn't noticed Asha as she continued to question what the girl was. She had never really been surrounded by many of her own and she had a hard time determining people where just like her, so she remained quite puzzled. It felt as if the answer was on the tip of her tongue until she was brought back by the woman speaking.

Asha couldn't hear her first sentence to respond, but she didn't need to because one question followed another immediately. Oh, that is it.... Asha felt the desire to bang her head against the counter as the woman, Ni'Ara, made it clear that she was of the same as Asha. Of the Air? That must be much different than of the plants, she thought, but the words that came out of her mouth were not at all what she really was feeling.

"Guardian of Nature? More like Guardian of this shop," she said in a more annoyed voice than she really planned. She was interested in the other woman's abilities, but she felt like asking was just showing how little she knew about her own king.

"I'm Asha and welcome to my shop where all the plants like to act like adolescents," Asha hoped her sharp tone did not scare the girl away, but she felt rather uncomfortable being compared to a woman that looked as if she knew who she was from the moment she was born. And here I am still trying to find my way.

Feeling
Nervous, Self conscious

Interactions
DergTheDergon DergTheDergon

Once Sloane stepped closer to examine her tattoos, Tess tilted her neck to the side, allowing her a closer look at the roses adorning her porcelain skin. The biggest, most prominent one situated directly on her shoulder joint evidently being rather old, the Ink somewhat faded but still retaining most of its former beauty.
Sloane mentioning the opportunity to restore the older tattoos made the vampire raise an eyebrow with an intrigued glance thrown at Sloane.
"Oh, you could do that? Guess I haven't put much thought into it but now that you mention it they are kinda showing their age, aren't they?" Tess remarked, gnawing at her bottom lip as she contemplated on the matter, her thin lips shifting into a toothy smile as she just nodded at Sloane.
"Ah, why not? Wouldn't want the rest of them stick out like a sore thumb when everything else's just as shiny like on the first day, huh?"

Tess' widening grin shifted into a softer smile though as the vampire noticed Sloane hesitate for a moment. Raising an eyebrow Tess crossed her arms in front of her chest, leaning closer to Sloane, conspicuous and with an expression of "I know what you did last Christmas!".
Did she know about Sloane's magic being imbued in the very Ink she used for her craft? Did she know about the effect it had on Sloane's customers? Was she an undercover cop sent to finally confront her?

"So..." Tess mouthed, her eyes shifting into crimson red orbs as her pupils narrowed into predatory slits.
"....Do you already have something sick in mind?!" The Vampire blurted out with a hearty chuckle, grinning widely at the tattooist.

"Sorry, I just can't wait. Been looking forward to adding a new design to my collection, not to mention me not really wanting to spend too long outside, not with this awful weather..." The vampire added, glancing out of the window with a puckered nose and playfully bared teeth.

All just a jest it seemed. Tess was just as oblivious to Sloane's magic as her other customers...
Though they weren't "gifted" with eternal life and bloodlust, making Tess the guinea pig if Sloane was to administer the same magic Ink she used on her other works of art.
"Aaaanyways! Wouldn't want to pressure you, we've got all the time in the world, don't we?" The night prowler added with a playful wink as a sudden high-pitched scream echoed through Sloane's parlor...

Bringing a soft, embarrassed pink to Tess' cheeks as she rubbed the back of her head apologetically, her hand retrieving the origin of the sound from her pocket.
"Heh, sorry about that. You can blame Oxford for that." The vampire remarked as her eyes wandered over to her phone's screen, reading the message she had received from her vampiric roommate, and de facto landlord.
"Ugh, and they call me a leech." Tess grumbled, taking notice of Oxford's straight-to-the-point to-do list he had sent her, a short list of errands she could be "so kind to" run since she was already out in town.
"Uhm, seems it's not really ALL the time after all. Plenty to get this done though, or so I hope." Tess added with a soft chuckle and a raised eyebrow.
"So, shall we begin then?"

Compass Compass

Ni tilted her head to the side, perplexed by the shopkeep's reaction. Reading her face, it seemed as if she was surprised to learn that she and Ni'Ara were essentially one and the same, while Ni'Ara herself sensed it from the moment she laid eyes upon this curious woman. It took her a few seconds, but then she understood: This woman must have lived thus far in a way that disconnected her from nature; perhaps she spent most of her time here in this mall, which would make sense seeing as her livelihood was here. Ni'Ara herself had spent years in the wild at first, and nowadays still makes a point to stray as far from civilization as is wise when she lands her plane in countries abroad. When she's on vacation though, she opts not to go see exotic places as she does that on her job, instead opting for a ride through the beautiful landscapes America has to offer, with stops to see the sights along the way. It seemed clear that this woman, though, had been in this city for far too long. Introducing herself as just the guardian of this shop seemed to confirm this.

Ni started to feel sad at that thought, but forgot what she was thinking about and giggled as she heard Asha's funny welcome line. "Pleased to meet you, Asha. The plants... do they speak to you like the wind speaks to me? What sorts of abilities does your domain grant you?" Ni found herself so entralled by meeting another of her kind, the first she's ever met in fact, that she had all but forgotten she was here to buy something at this point, not to metnion the line of questioning about Asha's life and upbringing that she had in mind seconds ago. Once Ni found herself curious about something, she always pursued that curiosity until it was satisfied. She was almost like a child in that way.

DemonKitten DemonKitten (a little short but that's to keep the conversation going and not overwhelm poor Asha with everything Ni wants to say right now xD)

Sloane Shields

Sloane eyed the other as she was given a look, stress stiffening her shoulders again. The vampire almost seemed to glare at her and Sloane frowned. Didn't vampires drink blood? How was this any different? Tess spoke again and Sloane was ready to defend herself, but she just asked what she had in mind. The witch bit back a sigh as her brows furrowed in. "Well, roses are a little common--lots of way to make them not, though." Slowly relaxing, she dropped her pencil to the paper to start drawing. If the vampire did know, she didn't seem interested in confronting Sloane about it, at least.

How would the ink even work on a vampire? Sloane tuned out the other's babbling for a moment, her eyes on the drawing as it grew--and occasionally at Tessa to eye the tattoos she already had--and her mind on the magic behind it. She had never had a vampire as a client, after all. They could live a lot longer than humans, so maybe it'd be a nice boost in power for her ink-- or it could her actually busted. Sloane stopped to eye the drawing, the other still talking and she occasionally gave a half minded nod. She put the pencil back to the paper for some finishing touches then--

Sloane flinched as the scream rang through the entire building. Her eyes snapped back to Tess as she pulled a phone out of her pocket and mumbled some sort of apology. "Oh," she acknowledged, the single syllable laced with exasperation. She drew in a long breath and added finishing touches as the other complained about her landlord. She wasn't quite finished yet when Tess asked to start, so she was silent as she outlined the sketch in light ink.

"So long as you love it," she said slowly, staring at the work before standing to put it on the counter before Tessa. It was made to follow the trend, a vine curling disappearing behind the rose. Though Sloane's vine had a spiderweb following it behind the flower. The flower itself was reflective of Sloane's style: detailed but not quite realism--heavier lines gave it a bold appearance.

Mood: Museful
Coded By || StoneWolf18

Biting her tongue Tess watched Sloane sketch what would later adorn her own pale skin, the vampire's eyes following the tattooist's swift strokes that soon resulted in the silhouette of a rose appearing on the paper. Tess valued her innovation, especially in those artists who would design the roses she wore on her flesh, and Sloane adding the cobwebs lining the green vines did add a new layer to the design.

And it worked really well with the overall design of her already existing collection, bringing a toothy smile to Tess' face as her pierced tongue licked over her pearly white teeth.
"Oh, that's perfect!" The vampire remarked as she nudged closer to Sloane, her eyes wandering over the sketch, examining it with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, yes. That'll do nicely. Now only to find a fitting place for this little piece of art." Tess added as she readjusted her tank top, her eyes wandering over the vivid greens and reds bringing life to her otherwise deathly pale skin.
"Either upper shoulder-blade or arm, what would you suggest?" The vampire asked Sloane, resting her hands on her hips as she blew a strand of inky black hair out of her face.
"It is getting pretty crowed on there, huh? Been a long while since I started with the first one...That one!" Pointing at the somewhat faded rose adorning the spot where shoulder and arm met.
"Summer of 85' if I recall correctly. Been a while since I visited that lil' place, I wonder if they're still in business." Tess mumbled, reminiscing on those times when she was nothing but a mere vampire fledgling.
"Anyways, I think we'll go with that design, huh? The sooner we'll be finished the better, as much as I dread going back out there I doubt we'll get any younger just standing around, eh?" Tess joked, playfully bumping Sloane's shoulder, a wide grin adorning the vampire's face.

Compass Compass

Asha

full

Asha felt her eyes wonder around the store before the Ni'ara spoke again with questions about her abilities. The wind can speak? she thought, though she guessed it must be similar to the way the plants speak, but perhaps nicer. She wondered if the wind called her fat, but she assumed that the wind had more respect for Ni'ara.

"Well... I guess they speak to me, but they aren't always the nicest," Asha replied sort of embarrassed by her lack of control. She knew it was a weakness she had since anyone would think that someone like her should have plants bowing at her feet, but she was no fictional supervillian.

"I am pretty good at growing plants," she added, though it sounded so mundane when she said it out loud like no duh. Of course she would know I have some plant growing capabilities. Anyone that ran a flower shop would, she thought, slapping herself mentally.

"What I mean is that I can grow things a lot quicker and even cross plants with little effort. It is the only part of my abilities I really have control over," she admitted, but wondered why she bothered telling her that. She wished she could say she was a plant goddess like this woman was probably to the sky.

Feeling
Frustrated, Ashamed, Embarrassed

Interactions
DergTheDergon DergTheDergon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back