• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Stories of our past

offbeat

reinvention
What if every story we've ever told, came to life?

They are the people who live in the tales we all know and love. They were sent to earth by an unknown reason, some came about a week ago while some still haven't gotten here yet. None of them knows why they're here or where they are. All they do know is that thy are not allowed to tell anyone who they really are or where they come from. And their minor problem is that no one knows about anything else than that. They wouldn't recognize their best friend even if he or she stood right in front of them. The characters can only remember some unneccecary things, nothing to serious.

These people, or creautures, have a choice to either attend to school or find a work somewhere around town. After all, they need the money and a place to live. The Lakewood academy is where most of these characters end up, either as students or teachers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Plot ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So basically there are characters from everywhere. From books, novels, movies, Tv-shows and even some stories that have been told around the camp-fire. They do have some traits that is left from their own world, but for most parts their appearances have changed to fit the human world.

No one knows if they'll be able to get back to their homeland or not.

This is meant to be a light and happy roleplay, so if they used to have magical abilities they are now long gone. Also, don't be that guy who constantly is being close to death due to fights.

Oh, and keep in mind that you are free to choose any type of character that you'd like. Even if it's a modern fantasy book or a book from 200 years ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rules ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-All Rpn rules apply

-Post atleast once every 3 days

-Post atleast a short paragraph or 5+ sentences

-Romance is allowed, but fade to black if too steamy

-No supernatural abilities

-Don't be rude in the OOC

-3 characters max

-Swearing is allowed, just don't overdo it

-If you have read this, type "Pumpkinspice" somewhere in your CS

-Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
The colorful leaves crumbled under the brown leather boots for every step he took. It was so strange to him. Only a few days ago he sat on the bridge in the valley playing his harmonica. Such a sweet melody that anyone would admire it. And now he was walking around an unfamilliar town in an unfamilliar world. It was nothing like he’d ever seen before. Some would admit that it was freaky, and that everything was strange. But everyone around him seemed to act the way they usually would, rushing to meet a friend or taking a stroll in the cold autumn weather. The thought of his friends popped up in his head. He wondered if thwy were still home or if they too was sent to this strange place. Also, the thought of him ever going back reached him. It even saddened the expressionless face a tiny bit.

It really was something out of the ordinary. Sure he had been out on adventures before during the winter, but nothing as different as this. They all wore different clothes, different hairstyles and just seemed different. They even looked different, they had this way of looking somewhat more adult-like.

The young man, Snufkin as he was called, continued his stroll until he reached a large building with a sign that read “Lakewood Academy”.

“A school, huh?” He said while staring at the sign for a moment before heading towards the main entrance. This as well was something that he hadn't seen before, it was a big school in the middle of town. And so many students. Boys and girls alike were wandering the halls of this gigantic building. They were too many to be able to tell apart. Everyone dressed the same, in some sort of uniform, and some even had the same hairstyles. All in all they looked identical.

And there he stood, Snufkin, in his mossy-green coat and a matching hat on top of his messy brown hair. A yellow scarf was tied loosely around his neck and the brown leather boots of his was untied. Basically, he was the odd one in the hallway.

But it didn't bother him. Instead he just focused on going to find some information about where he were.

Yesterday had been a very confusing day for Yuki. One minute, she had been helping Ayami-san and the boy escape Sachiko. Now, she was here. She could only assume that they had appeased to Sachiko and that Yuki had been set free. Because Yuki was alive again! And she had her eye back! It was great.

After that, she'd focused on finding a place to live. Because she was alive now. It was as she had been walking down the streets, waving to people, that she'd seen it. Lakewood Academy.

~

That had been yesterday. Today, Yuki was no longer a crazed spirit but a student. It felt very unnerving to be back in another school. But she assured herself that Lakewood would be nothing like Heavenly Host. She hadn't got a uniform or anything yet but that didn't matter. Yuki was just happy to be back in the human world.

She spotted a boy in the hallway as she walked and he was dressed very strangely indeed. He looked confused and- thinking about how she'd felt yesterday- Yuki headed over. The trouble was that she wasn't sure what to say. In the end, she decided on:

"Um..."

"Where am I?" Cindy asked herself, walking around a big brick building until she finally saw a sign that read Lakewood academy. "Umm" she murmured as she walked through the doors. "Maybe someone can tell me how to get back home?" She tried stopping people, but they all seemed to be in a hurry. She wasn't watching were she was going and accidentally crashed into. Boy wearing a green jacket. "Oh I'm so sorry" she said, collecting herself and looking up at him

His hat was covering parts of his eyes as he let himself lean against a wall behind him. Snufkin shrugged once before smoking his pipe. The other students in the hallway glared at him while they walked past. Indeed he was an odd thing, a character from another universe who ended up here. But there wasn't mutch he could do. He barely knew where he was. The only thing he did know was that no matter what, he wasn't to tell anyone about who he really were. Some would say that he looked just like a character from a book, but from what he had seen everyone was going around town dressed in odd costumes. Even stranger than his own outfit, but it was

Out of the nowhere he heard a young girl spoke next to him. He turned his head towards her with a "Hm?" While puffing out a small cloud of smoke. "Hello there, you look troubled." He said matter-of-factly while giving her one of his tiny smiles. Indeed she looked worried about something, she even had one of those little frowns on her face. Snufkin blinked several times when he suddenly felt someone bumping into his back. He turned his head towards the voice who spoke behind him. "No, I was the one who stood in the way. I'm sorry" He said calmly as he took another puff from his pipe.

"I... I'm not troubled. I'm bothering you, I'm sorry. I just thought you seemed lost and somewhat confused and I... I wanted to help you." she shrugged and looked away, "You're not supposed to smoke in here." Yuki said, moving to lean against the wall. She rubbed her temples with her fingers to stop herself frowning and poked herself in the eye. She yelped.

In that moment, she had what she supposed was a flashback. She remembered how it had felt to have her eye stabbed out. She didn't think she'd ever forget how it felt. Her eye watered and she blinked hard. It was hard to adjust to having both eyes, instead of one eye and a bloody gaping hole. She shook her head, rubbing her eye to get rid of the soreness.

"I'll go away now."

((Sorry, I swear I pressed the post button but I guess my internet was down xD ))

"No wait, you're not bothering. I'm sorry for smoking, I don't quite get the rules around here." Snufkin said while putting away the pipe and putting his hands in the bockets of his green coat. Before he knew it, he could tell by the look on her face that she was hurt. The girl was close to crying because of the pain in what seemed like her eye. "Hey, are you allright?" Snufkin said with a slightly worried look on his usually emotionless face. Indeed she looked hurt, but from what ge could tell nothing was wrong with her eye. The only thing that he could see was her suddenly gasping in pain.

On his face, Snufkin still had that same worried expression through his usually blank eyes. If someone was able to see that, no one quite knows. It was the thing about him, his emotions was hard to read. Sometimes even close to impossible. Snufkin shrugged once and glanced at the young girl next to him.

(Happens to me all the time xD )

"I... I'm fine." Yuki said, " I just... My eye's a bit sore, that's all. I must've poked it. I'm fine." She kept one hand over her eye and held out her other one for him to shake, "I'm Yuki. Yuki Kanno. Are... Are you new around here too?" It was too much to hope that he was in a similar situation, Yuki supposed. Normal people didn't just return to the normal world from a hellish elementary school and get their eye and tongue back. Yuki had tried to escape Heavenly Host for years. And now, suddenly, she was out. This was all terribly confusing. Why was she suddenly back in the real world? And it didn't help that time had passed in the real world while she was dead. She must've been stuck in Heavenly Host for decades because everything in the real world was new and exciting.

Last edited by a moderator:
((Sorry for the really short post, I'm on my phone))

"Oh allright, My name is Snufkin. I don't have clue about where I am or what I'm doing here. But hey, I like spontanious trips" Snufkin said in a calm tone and the worried look on his face was turned to his usual expressionless one. It wasn't his intention to look so bored all the time, but it wasn't really mutch to do about it. It belonged to his nature to look bored twenty-four hours a day.

(Me too)

"So..." Yuki said, nervously, "You're not from me? You just appeared here. Like me? Oh, thank Sachiko, I'm not the only one." She looked relieved and somewhat excited, "Where are you from? I'm from Heavenly Host Elementary. I was dead but I'm not anymore!" She smiled.

Snufkin tilded his head to his right while he thought for a moment. "The thing is, that I have no idea. The only thing that I remember is sitting on a bridge by a little creek with a good friend of mine and playing harmonica. Before that, it's all blank." He then said while looking at the young girl. "What's this heavenly host you're talking about? I've never heard of it"

"It was my elementary school. I... I was killed there... So, my spirit haunted the school and killed the poor people that stumbled in there by mistake." Tears came quickly to Yuki's eyes, "Those poor, poor people that performed the Sachiko Ever After charm and... I don't want to talk about it, okay?!" She burst into floods of tears just thinking about it. All those terrible things she had done- not consciously, but still- and the terrible things she'd seen. It was enough to drive anyone to tears.

((Ermahgursh when did this roleplay start. You probably need to tell the others it started too. ^_^ "))

Jade woke up slowly as he sat up, blanket falling off his upper body as he balled his hands into fists, rubbing his cheeks with them to warm the his cheeks up. He rubbed his eyes before glancing at the clock. He had enough time to get ready if he was quick.

He quickly changed into his uniform, then grabbed a jacket and some toast with butter to eat during his walk to school.

While walking, he watched the coloring leaves fall and crunch into the ground. It was odd, really, how he lived on the moon with his two friends, and all of a sudden he was transported back to Earth, where he hadn't been for years. Nothing he couldn't get used to, though, since he often watched life on Earth from above. It was just the "new form" he had as a human he had to get used to (he was a rabbit before so...). Since he already had knowledge of the lifestyle here, it wasn't that hard to adapt to, and if there was something he didn't get, he had a whole week to learn about it.

He finally reached the academy, his white hair and red eyes sticking out like a sore thumb. A decent amount of people were already at the school. He finished the last bit of toast he had before walking into Lakewood's campus building.

Inside, there was something pretty interesting. A guy dressed in odd green clothing and a small girl conversing, both looking out of place. There was also a pretty blonde and blue-eyed girl, also looking lost. "Probably new students..." Jade thought to himself before eyeing a clock on the wall. "I should walk to homeroom now, I'll just let the student council deal with them..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back