• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Stories of Identity and Change - Long-Term Novella Writer Inside

Serenity123

Greetings,

Do you dream of a story that is timeless and lasts for more than a couple of weeks or a couple of months...? Do you dream of a partner who stays in contact and listens to your ideas...? Do you have a passion for writing and aspire to build epic worlds? If you answered YES to any of these questions than I encourage you to read on and decide if we are a match and could create wonderful stories together!

About Me:

My name is Serenity and I am a female from Canada. I have been role-playing now for more than a decade and I consider myself one of the best. I am active on multiple forums and I have won many awards over the years for my writing as well as my unique characters that diverge from traditional models. I am novella and I tend to write detailed and descriptive posts of about six to nine paragraphs per post. I write many times per week and in over two decades I have never once ghosted another player. It is for these reasons I would consider myself one in a million for partners.

I am open-minded and collaborative in the development of stories. I also value YOU my partner far more than any story or other element so I am happy to work around your muse and inspirations. I believe that a wonderful role-play requires collaboration and compromise above every other detail of the story. It has to be a story that inspires both partners or one always loses interest. I love to brainstorm outside of stories, and I have been known to be rather playful and considered a good friend by many. If this sounds like someone you would like than I encourage you to read on!

Now then my likes and dislikes are rather simple. I dislike science-fiction and gothic themes as well as any kind of sexual content (forbidden by site rules). I adore romance and slice-of-life elements, and I am open to many other genres such as Adventure, Action, Mystery, and Horror. I prefer modern or historical themes, and I am open to fantasy and non-fantasy elements in my stories. In my stories, the source of my inspiration comes from the character development, and the relationship between our characters. If you have my interest here than you have my interest everywhere!

About You:

I can be known to be finnicky with my partners and I am interested in the long-haul. I always see threads out there that say advanced or long-term and I wonder if people know what that means. I consider a long-term story to be one that lasts more than a year. So ensuring partners are compatible is essential and I find that comes across in the brainstorming process. For this reason I am looking for a partner who would be open-minded and collaborative in what they want to do in the story. I do not want a partner who only does what I want to do as that will not keep you engaged, I want to help bring your ideas to life as much as you wat to bring my ideas to life. Collaboration and Communication are the foundation of the partners that I consider most dear!

- You should be able to write 750 or more Words per post.
- You should be able to post for multiple times per week.
- You should be open-minded and non-discriminatory.
- You should be 18+ as stories could change over time.

Interests of Thread:

I mentioned earlier that I have been praised for my characters and the more unique elements many bring to a story. I have recently been fascinated by one element in specific and that is the notion of age and gender, and the influence that details could have on a character and the story. I was inspired by a couple of anime franchise such as Ascension of Bookworm, Jobless Reincarnation, Detective Conan and more. I was hopeful to play as a character in this kind of situation and if you made it this far and are interested than you passed my Examination!

I will happily listen to any proposals you have for stories, and of course in the normal kind of tradition I will also post a couple of story-starters below from a number of genres to see if any spark your own inspiration! If you do not see any themes of interest feel free to propose your own world and setting. I am open-minded as long as I could play character style I enjoy!

• In the world's first virtual reality role-playing game, the players have become trapped in a game where they are gambling their own lives. A lone player appears to have maintained an avatar that is distinct from their real-world appearance and persona. A younger girl who has now found herself locked in this survival inspired game of death. Can she find a way to gain an advantage with her new appearance or would this end up to be more of a disadvantage for the man playing the game in the real-world. Come find out as I see this story following more closely to the second Aria Progressive Movie and focused more on the adventures of a younger swordswoman and a friend, or perhaps someone that she encounters in the game.

In this storyline, I would be searching for someone who is interested in playing her fellow adventurer. It could be another female, or a male who could play a love interest or rival. I am open to the ages of the characters, as well as the type of content we explore in the story. The characters could stay more in the safe areas, or could be more open world. My dream partner would be someone who could immerse into virtual world while adding interesting information about their characters' real-world throughout the story to add more character depth.

1214 (2).jpg

• Serenity Sinclaire was a younger girl of eleven-years-old who to everyone else appeared to be the perfect daughter. It would not have been an understatement to say she was strong in her duties and had lots of friends. Enrolled in a host of extra-curricular subjects such as Gymnastics, Ballet and Music Lessons after school every day and the summer. To many she was a girl who appeared to have everything figured out from a younger age. Her parents could not have been any more proud of their youngest child. The older brother however felt envious about how much attention she always received. How easy he claimed that girls' had life compared to that of boys. And the night before he was to leave for college he made the point of telling her as much! Only to find her explode back in return about how unfair her own life feels in comparison to her brother who never appears to understand what she is going through!

To say how hard she had to work every day, and how much pressure she was constantly under. The argument ended with the two of them simultaneously saying that the two wished that they could be the other person. Unbeknownst to them that a Shooting Star had soared overhead the house as the words had been spoken. To set into play a series of motions that would forever alter the siblings' perspectives of each other. As the next morning, the nineteen-year-old brother awoke in the bedroom of his younger sister, and inside of her body. Now, she is expected to live as Mommy's Little Girl, and Daddy's Little Princess! While her former younger sister is allowed to enjoy the freedom that she always wanted in his former body, now away at college while the story focuses on the Little Sister. It could be a single character interacting with her or a cast of characters as my partner would feel inspired. I will play some side characters.

In this story, I would like to start the story the morning that the older brother awakens in the body and life of his younger sister. To experience the change in how her parents now act toward herself, and the subtle changes in freedom and other details. I had pictured this occurring at the beginning of the weekend, or one week before school resumes, to allow her time to adjust to the new perspective. From there we could explore themes such as her First Day of School in Seventh Grade, Gymnastics, Ballet or Music Lessons. All with the purpose of showing the former older brother that maybe his younger sister had things harder than he had first believed. And allow her a second chance to maybe give her sisters' life a hand, or find herself swollowed up in the sea of feminine activities. In addition to a sea of other changes that are beginning to happen to her body, and maybe even in her family as well.

This would be a story about Coming of Age, and Reflection on Family and Identity. It would also explore themes of Gender, Age, and Social Stigmas. I am open to the main character that you would like to play whether this is the Girls' Mother, Childhood Friend, or Maybe a Host of Characters that interact with her throughout her day-to-day activities in more of an Epic Tale as the former boy learns what it means to be an eleven-year-old girl, and the younger sibling in a family.

166.png

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Bump! Looking for some fresh stories! I am also open to other ideas if you were inspired by any themes but wanted to do another direction! Send me a message!

1697764811253.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back