• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Active [Stonewall Town] (Caelia Barony) - How Much Wood Would A Woodchuck Chuck

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. It is currently not open to be joined, but do let me know if you'd be down to join future efforts like these or RP's in the Caelia Barony setting in general.

What to expect out of character:
I'm hoping to get a few short (max 2 week) and to-the-point (goal-oriented) RP's going to test out some of the new Harvester / Refiner / Builder / Maker / Infuser / Developer skill combinations with some interested parties.

What to expect in character:
Having previously sectioned off parts of the forest and marked trees for harvesting with [Developer [Wood and plants] F], Retili now returns as [Harvester F] to chop down and bring in the lumber (as passive asset). Tagging along is Gwenith, who asked him and Ryan if they could help her find some plants for her tea and promising she'd share some of the blend afterwards. (Spoiler, it's a type of tea favoured by both Aileen and Hestia.)

Tags and character goals:
conman2163 conman2163 Retili Loxinofican – Use Harvester [Wood and plants] to obtain a [Wood] asset (passive) for future Builder/Making purposes and a [Plants] asset (active/deteriorating) to help out an NPC.
Valkan Valkan Ryan Kylieth – Help out Retili and Gwenith.

Forest Between Stonewall and Yemaya
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia, Between Stonewall and Yemaya, Forest
718b1b205e0da6a1ca4a9027f9afccea.jpg

Gwenith
csZTgVU.jpg

As they were walking to the forest, Gwenith spoke up. “So, how have the two of you been liking Stonewall? I know I don't visit the town centre often, but from what I gathered, folk say you two already make the impression you've always been there.”

Last edited:
Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet
Elvario Elvario

Retili hadn't met Gwenith before this day. He had been surprised when she had been suggested as a likely choice to go and chop down the marked trees with them. After some time spent procuring enough axes for the minions they had started on their way to the forest. "I find the town quite pleasant. It is different then my short residence in the old county capital but I find the town to be enjoyable." The words were a bit of a contrast to his facial expression, which as always was studiously neutral. Retili found himself wondering what type of tea Gwenith was brewing and if Hestia might enjoy it. He quite enjoyed sharing a cup with the Tavern owner and hoped that the brew might interest her.

• Caelia Savant D - Law E, Warfare D, Business F, Academia F, Area Knowledge [Caelia Baron] F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Retili uses his comprehensive knowledge built up through years of study to overcome issues that smooth talking might not otherwise be capable of.
  • Charismatic Scribe C - Insight C, Perception C, Empathy C, Persuasion C - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - Using his quick wit and fast mind, Retili talks his way around and through problems that he encounters.
  • Noble Bearing C - Etiquette E, Law E, Academia F, Persuasion C, Empathy C, Perception D, Insight C, Business F - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - After some time spent in study, on the road, and in the court of nobles Retili has learned the way and bearing required to be at least adequate in the many skills expected of nobility.

conman2163 conman2163 Retili Loxinofican – Use Harvester [Wood and plants] to obtain a [Wood] asset (passive) for future Builder/Making purposes and a [Plants] asset (active/deteriorating) to help out an NPC.

Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia, Between Stonewall and Yemaya, Forest

Gwenith
csZTgVU.jpg

“Glad to hear.” She replied to him stating the town was enjoyable. Considering he didn't add much else, she figured she'd get to business. “From what I've gathered, the plants we're looking for grow near the tree-roots. Shouldn't be too difficult to see if anyone spots any whilst chopping the lumber. Just call me over and I can double-check it, although you should be good to harvest it.” Retili did, after all, have the knowledge as a Harvester [Wood and plants] to get both materials out of this forested area.

As they'd go about walking through the forest, only the occasional animal could be heard. Overall it seemed to be a peaceful, quiet day. Gwenith wasn't really focussed on chopping down lumber, mostly just looking around for herbs and plants to brew with, occasional showing a few examples of what she was looking for to the rest.

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet
Elvario Elvario

Retili listened diligently as she explained where to find the plants they were looking for. Retili was able to mostly figure out what he was looking for anyway thanks to his skills with Survival F, which he had used in the past to help him forage for the special plants his people ate for sustenance, but the explanation helped his nearby troops keep an eye out too. The whole group was trotting along. Most of the riflemen had their guns slung on their backs in favor of carrying the axes they had sourced from town. "So Gwenith what do you think of the baroness and her rule so far?" Retili asked with a pleasant tone. He was curious how the woman saw the local leader.

• Caelia Savant D - Law E, Warfare D, Business F, Academia F, Area Knowledge [Caelia Baron] F - Grade D, 2 post Cooldown - Retili uses his comprehensive knowledge built up through years of study to overcome issues that smooth talking might not otherwise be capable of.
  • Charismatic Scribe C - Insight C, Perception C, Empathy C, Persuasion C - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - Using his quick wit and fast mind, Retili talks his way around and through problems that he encounters.
  • Noble Bearing C - Etiquette E, Law E, Academia F, Persuasion C, Empathy C, Perception D, Insight C, Business F - Grade C, 3 post Cooldown - After some time spent in study, on the road, and in the court of nobles Retili has learned the way and bearing required to be at least adequate in the many skills expected of nobility.

Gwenith
csZTgVU.jpg

An uncomfortable chuckle escaped her lips upon the sudden question. “That's a bit of a loaded question to be asked from an official adviser during a mare day of gathering resources, is it not?” Even so, she thought about it for a moment. “If I had to say anything, I guess I'm mostly glad things didn't change too much. I liked it here before she arrived and I still do now that she's been around for a while. The town itself seems a lot busier and I heard there was some uproar about a shrine, but none of that interrupted my business, so I can't complain.”

Seeing Retili's men scout around for the plants she indicated made her remember a question she had prior. “That reminds me, is it true your people live exclusively off of a specific type of plant?”

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet
Elvario Elvario

"I am known for nothing if not my loaded questions. It is gratifying to hear that things are not changed for the worse in your eyes." Retili's tone carried a hint of amusement. He found it just a touch funny that he had illicited such a reaction. "It isn't well known but yes our people exclusively live off of an herbal mixture that we make from common ingredients around the forest in this region. The plants aren't particularly rare on their own but we have bred varieties of the plant that are better for our diets in my home city." Retili purposefully did not give her the recipe for the mixture. It was one secret of his people he didn't want to spread around. Once they were at the edge of where they had marked trees previously Retili called a halt to his men. "I think we can go ahead and begin the chopping now. Plenty of time to snag the herbs as we spot them, don't want to waste too much daylight."

Gwenith
csZTgVU.jpg

“I wasn't aware.” She replied to his statement about loaded questions, wondering if he essentially just told her to be more weary of him or not. “Have you never wanted to explore more options? Living off of the same food for breakfast, lunch and dinner must be rather dull.” She replied, as it was about the polar opposite of her own experimentation with different brews of tea and growing various crops and fruits. She nodded. “Very well, I'll leave you and your men to focus on that whilst I keep my eye out for some even more rare herbs.” She stated, leaving him and his men to do their jobs.

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet
Elvario Elvario

"My people grow violently ill whenever we eat other foods. Alcohol and tea is about the most variety we get to enjoy. We don't necessarily like having to eat the same thing over and over again, but when you cannot digest anything else it leads to a rather simple diet i'm afraid." Retili took an axe from one of his guards nearby. "Anyways, time to get to work." Retili hefted the axe and went to a nearby tree. He showed his men how to properly cut the first tree, then he handed the axe back to his guard and supervised his troops cutting down the rest of the trees, cutting the excess limbs, then stacking the logs and dragging all the extra limbs to a pile.

Gwenith
csZTgVU.jpg

She was a tad surprised at the reply. “Well, if you ever want me to try research what causes only those to be digestible in order to see if it's possible to grow differently tasting alternatives or varieties, let me know.” It was rather interesting to someone studying herbalism and agriculture such as herself. She watched them all get to work, as she herself was on the look-out for plants and herbs.

With the trees being felled down, the biggest challenge was likely going to be figuring out the most effective manner to store and/or move all the timber their gathered here. Then again, perhaps even some simple stockpiles would be enough? It'd be for Retili to decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back