• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ☠ STING ☠

M0N0

☾ TEMPTATION ☽
S.T.I.N.G

shanty_town_by_atomhawk.jpg

WARNING

This Rp will contain heavy themes of and consistent use of Immoral topics staying within the jurisdiction of RPN Rules. This includes depictions of extreme violence, drugs, torture and harsh language. Reader discretion is advised.

OVERVIEW

Life on the Bulok Lupa Islands is at the usual state. Atrocious. It's been seventy-five years since it's original inhabitants set foot on it and not a single thing has changed. Mercenaries gather like crows to carrion, gangs fester in the streets and numerous other groups make their sinister intentions quite clear.

The one and only city standing on the Islands, Basura has become the number one hive for illegal activities in the world. Be it the sale of narcotics or weaponry, to mercenary contracts and pirate groups making a move on a passing vessel. This city ,however, has stood the test of time and isn't as chaotic as it seems. The city itself is quite orderly, In Its own depraved, twisted way. The Yakuza make the vile streets their territory where they traffic drugs and people. Meanwhile, the NPA lurk beneath the underground, hoping to spread their communist ideals to surrounding Asian nations.

Life couldn't be any worse, yet people endure and they thrive in the lawless island. One small mercenary group, in particular, are trying to form like many others in the bustling city of crime; The Sin-You. Some of the most dangerous criminals have been invited to join, all of them quite different. Though they are all in it, for one thing, the money. You've been cordially invited to join this group and the amount of money promised seems too good to be true, how could you pass it up?

RP INFO

So This'll be a small Rp with a limit of around six people excluding myself. However, Those are inactive or simply unable to participate fully will quickly be flushed out. So, even If the Rp Itself is full don't fret! I'll also probably be looking for side characters / antagonists as well If you don't feel like fully committing yourself but still want to join.

[media]

[/media]

Currently looking for some cool kids to join in on my violent little adventure.

If interested, please say so.

The sooner I get interest, the sooner the decimation starts!

All lore and everything will be fully made and revealed once the thread itself is actually made, but If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
M0N0 said:
Currently looking for some cool kids to join in on my violent little adventure.
If interested, please say so.

The sooner I get interest, the sooner the decimation starts!

All lore and everything will be fully made and revealed once the thread itself is actually made, but If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Ahh, @M0N0, we meet again.

You could say that I'm rather interested in this RP, provided that the story itself doesn't focus on Asian characters, as I'm quite not experienced as playing them. Nevertheless, I'm always up for a gritty and hardboiled RP, considering my recent spike of disinterest in RPnation because of all these immature and corny 'youth' RPs.

Simply putting it, my wish for a gritty RP have finally been quenched for the current moment being.

More concisely, I'm interested.

@Elephantom

The majority of the "native" populace would mostly be Asian, but there's definitely a large amount of diversity in terms of racial identity.

So no need to worry about it!

I hope for the team itself to be quite diverse, so It really shouldn't focus on any group in particular.

M0N0 said:
@Elephantom
The majority of the "native" populace would mostly be Asian, but there's definitely a large amount of diversity in terms of racial identity.

So no need to worry about it!

I hope for the team itself to be quite diverse, so It really shouldn't focus on any group in particular.

Jolly great news! I find that creating a diverse character, or simply one that I find comfortable playing as, often tends to increase my overall attention to said RP or at least generate a spark of interest in replying to posts.

And by diverse characters, do you mean, like, any characters? Do they have to have a criminal past or military past? Can ex-cops or private 'contractors' (I'm using this term extremely loosely, and I'm generally taking the whole gun-for-hire into context) be allowed into the RP? Or said group?

Characters can come from a large range of backgrounds, be it Criminal, Military, Contractor or Ex-cop.

Anyone who's come across as "notable" to the founder of the group is up for grabs, as long as they find you interesting and useful you can have any sort of background.

Also just as a note to everyone in general: You might want to get started on researching Weaponry cause that'll most certainly be a part of the character sheet in some form.

M0N0 said:
Characters can come from a large range of backgrounds, be it Criminal, Military, Contractor or Ex-cop.
Anyone who's come across as "notable" to the founder of the group is up for grabs, as long as they find you interesting and useful you can have any sort of background.

Also just as a note to everyone in general: You might want to get started on researching Weaponry cause that'll most certainly be a part of the character sheet in some form.
I'm actually quite well-versed in terms of weaponry, and hopefully, weaponry won't be that big of a problem for me.

And to clarify it again, I'm certainty joining this 'thang'.

M0N0 said:
@M0N0 Just outta curiousty (and to narrow down my list of weaponry, lol) what kind of weapons are we talking about here?

@Rissa

All forms of weaponry can be used if the person wielding it can be just as deadly as anyone else on the Island. Be It your standard Machine gun, Rifle, Sniper to more unconventional things such as a Flamethrower, Chainsaw or even a bloody sword If your character is agile enough to not get shot.

I came all the way from the main thread here to say this:

My interest is way beyond piqued and I look forward to applying for this gem.

As RedIncubus has alluded to, a main thread does exist.

It's not a 100% complete but I've begun work in my little workshop for all the other tabs.

Feel free to talk to each other in the OOC tab about characters.

@RedIncubus @SpectroVector @Rissa @Elephantom @Lima @TheRebelAngel @Illusive

All of you have expressed direct interest in the RP and I hope to see you there! <3

@Deviced

Eeeyyy Karkitty, You liked the interest check but didn't expressly state your interest.

If you are interested, though, Feel free to pop in at the Main thread!

☠ STING ☠

Greetings!

dropping by to say that up there is a very attractive, beautifully laid out introduction post.

I see that a work-in-progress main thread exists already. By any chance, though, do the signups happen to still be open?

@M0N0

@eheu

Oh thank you very much! <3

Yep Signups are still entirely open, they haven't even fully started out yet as the thread isn't 100% complete.

So feel free to head on over to the Main thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back