Video Games Steam Sale Suggestions?

Lost

Sleep-deprived.
A friend of mine gave me two steam cards for Christmas, but I can't seem to find anything I'm too keen on getting. Anybody have any suggestions they'd be willing to share?

Do you have a game preference? Like, are you down with more narrative-driven games with less gameplay elements?

I'm fine with anything, really.

Save 40% on Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc on Steam

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, a truly bizarre visual novel. Combine a Battle Royale-styled killing game setup and the over-the-top courtroom trials of the Ace Attorney (Phoenix Wright) franchise, and you have about 60-70% of what this game is about. 16 students are trapped in a prestigious academy and forced to kill one another in order to "graduate" and escape a life of complete isolation from the outside world. Prepare for twists, turns, and more as you accuse and defend your classmates and uncover more behind the mysteries of the school as the story progresses.

Save 80% on Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi on Steam

Keiichi Maebara has just moved into the quiet little village of Hinamizawa in the summer of 1983 and quickly becomes inseparable friends with his schoolmates: Rena Ryugu, Mion Sonozaki, Satoko Hojo, and Rika Furude. However, darkness lurks underneath the seemingly idyllic life these characters all live. As a series of mysterious murders befall this seemingly unassuming town of yours, it is up to you discover the unsettling truths behind it in one way or another. With an overarching story told in eight separate (cheaply priced) arcs that build on each other, this novel plans to make your head twist in knots through the first half as question upon question is added to the increasingly complex mystery and start answering these questions by the second half. This is the first arc of one of the most critically acclaimed visual novels of all time, and it'd dirt cheap. This game is over a decade old at this point, but there's a reason why it's remained relevant for so long among people who like these kinds of games.

As you can tell, both of these games can be considered "slow-burners". It takes a while to build up a plot, so hopefully you're fine with reading and taking in information over time.
Lost Lost

Last edited:
Save 40% on Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc on Steam

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, a truly bizarre visual novel. Combine a Battle Royale-styled killing game setup and the over-the-top courtroom trials of the Ace Attorney (Phoenix Wright) franchise, and you have about 60-70% of what this game is about. 16 students are trapped in a prestigious academy and forced to kill one another in order to "graduate" and escape a life of complete isolation from the outside world. Prepare for twists, turns, and more as you accuse and defend your classmates and uncover more behind the mysteries of the school as the story progresses.

Save 80% on Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi on Steam

Keiichi Maebara has just moved into the quiet little village of Hinamizawa in the summer of 1983 and quickly becomes inseparable friends with his schoolmates: Rena Ryugu, Mion Sonozaki, Satoko Hojo, and Rika Furude. However, darkness lurks underneath the seemingly idyllic life these characters all live. As a series of mysterious murders befall this seemingly unassuming town of yours, it is up to you discover the unsettling truths behind it in one way or another. With an overarching story told in eight separate (cheaply priced) arcs that build on each other, this novel plans to make your head twist in knots through the first half as question upon question is added to the increasingly complex mystery and start answering these questions by the second half. This is the first arc of one of the most critically acclaimed visual novels of all time, and it'd dirt cheap. This game is over a decade old at this point, but there's a reason why it's remained relevant for so long among people who like these kinds of games.

As you can tell, both of these games can be considered "slow-burners". It takes a while to build up a plot, so hopefully you're fine with reading and taking in information over time.
Lost Lost

I'm definitely fine with it. Thanks for taking the time to post these!

Here's my picks. I tend to not buy anything unless it's at least 75% discounted because I'm a cheap bastard. : 3

Save 75% on The Walking Dead on Steam

One of the my favorite games, and objectively the best of Telltale.

Save 90% on Psychonauts on Steam

Psychonauts is on sale for a steal right now. It's a PS2/XBOX era game that's tons of fun.

Save 75% on Don't Starve on Steam

I honestly have the most hours logged into this game. It's addicting as all hell. Plus, there's a multiplayer, Don't Starve Together.

Save 80% on Crypt of the NecroDancer on Steam

A super-unique dungeon crawler slash rhythm game. It has one of the best soundtracks on Steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back