Starting a World Building Project

Superhero, or magic, or psi....so something happens in Earth's timeline either in the past or near future that causes both a zombie outbreak and gives some humans powers beyond the norm as we know it now?

Or, another fun idea, this time inspired by A Roadside Picnic, sort of-

An alien ship crashlands on Earth. Unfortunately the aliens thrive in highly radioactive environments, and see no reason why they shouldn't terraform Earth to something that suits them.

Grey said:
Or, another fun idea, this time inspired by A Roadside Picnic, sort of-
An alien ship crashlands on Earth. Unfortunately the aliens thrive in highly radioactive environments, and see no reason why they shouldn't terraform Earth to something that suits them.
Now that's awesome. So, we're really getting somewhere now. That's 3 ideas. We need more people!

Might I suggest we put a time limit on this, then select from ideas once that limit's up? That way we know when to move to the next step. :)

Millershipper said:
Might I suggest we put a time limit on this, then select from ideas once that limit's up? That way we know when to move to the next step. :)
Sounds like a good idea. So should we say that I present the suggestions tomorrow the 26th of February?

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Cleaned up the thread :) .

[/QUOTE]Thank you kind sir.

I was away on vacation for the last couple of days. I'm going to give this one more day so people who have missed the idea "deadline" has a chance to throw one in.

Total suggestions:

• Alternate History Based Future
  • Alternate History Based Future (With Magic)
  • Way/Just Past Zombie Apocalypse
  • Way/Just Past Zombie Apocalypse (With Supernatural Powers)
  • Contained/Controlled Zombie Outbreak
  • Aliens Assholes Trying To Make Earth Radioactive
  • Fantasy With Sun/Moon War
  • Technology vs Magic

If I missed anyone's suggestion tell me, but I don't think I did. Now, if you want to throw another suggestion into the mix, that's still alright but once the choice has been made there's no going back to avoid confusion and whatnot.

Let's do it like this. You guys pick your first and second favorite concept and then we'll count the votes and see what we end up with. So go ahead and make your choices!

A fantasy world built around the conceit that the gods of sun and moon are locked in a jealous war and forced their respective celestial bodies to remain in place, creating a nightside and dayside of the world.

Grey said:
A fantasy world built around the conceit that the gods of sun and moon are locked in a jealous war and forced their respective celestial bodies to remain in place, creating a nightside and dayside of the world.
Post updated.

Just a suggestion and throwing it out there...

Maybe a steampunk Rp (if it hasn't' been done yet.) I was thinking more along the lines of the begging of the age of steam and the massive decline of magic. Basically it be an Rp set were its technology vs magic.

Freeman said:
Just a suggestion and throwing it out there...
Maybe a steampunk Rp (if it hasn't' been done yet.) I was thinking more along the lines of the begging of the age of steam and the massive decline of magic. Basically it be an Rp set were its technology vs magic.
Post updated and guys, make your picks so we can get on with the good stuff!

Maybe a pool should be made and leave this be as a general idea thread or discussion.

Alright, my vote is for 1) Alternate future with 'magic', and 2) Alien assholes trying to irradiate Earth.

• Technology vs Magic

I'd vote for any of these.

Freeman said:
Maybe a pool should be made and leave this be as a general idea thread or discussion.
I think we'll keep it like this because a poll could be voted on by anyone, not just the membs that are actually going to work on the project, thus it would fail.
Millershipper said:
Alright, my vote is for 1) Alternate future with 'magic', and 2) Alien assholes trying to irradiate Earth.
Interesting choices. Your votes have been counted sir.
[QUOTE="A'kal]

• Technology vs Magic

I'd vote for any of these.

[/QUOTE]It would be fantastic if you could choose one first choice and one second choice.

I know it was my suggestion, but I'm in favour of Sun-Moon War first, and tech vs magic second (it's been done a lot, but the last time ti was done well was Arcanum).

I like the Sun-Moon War thing, I really do.

(And I've been silent 'cause I suck at coming up with ideas but when I get one I can run with it.)

Hope you guys don't mind one more person joining in.

From the options so far I'd vote for sun/moon followed by magic/technology but...

My question-would it be possible to combine the two. ie: sun worshipping technological civ vs a moon worshipping magical civ.

shepsquared said:
Hope you guys don't mind one more person joining in.
From the options so far I'd vote for sun/moon followed by magic/technology but...

My question-would it be possible to combine the two. ie: sun worshipping technological civ vs a moon worshipping magical civ.
I'd nearly add a third faction whose members come from both sides and view technology as a way of restoring unity, and ending the war. Tie the magic to the gods to really add tension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back