Star's Mirror RP

Kai looked back at Faith with amazement. How did she do that? It's pretty cool, up until it later on becomes annoying. He thought to himself as he shook his head with a small grin. "Well I'll try to spare you the burden of having to peer into our feelings like that. I can try to do my part." He commented with a chuckle, nearly forgetting about what he was angry about in the first place. Kai seemed to be staring at her too long that he nearly ran straight into a tree. "Whoa!" He panicked before quickly dodging it and find his place back beside her, clearing his throat. She didn't see that.

"I think everybody has a reason for their mutation, whether it be a small reasoning or a outrageously obvious reasoning." He quietly replied as he looked back at her. "You have nice eyes..." He replied. Why did I say that? "Ya know, sorta like mine. Both golden and whatever." He added, trying to save himself of the embarrassment. Just as he turns back around, he notices two figures fall to the ground which really gets him worked up. "Oh no..." He whispered before reaching over and grabbing Faith's hand that isn't bandaged. He knew she was probably tired of flying so he decided to jet them both over using his own. It took them a while but they had finally arrived with the rest. Oh, looks like we have another newcomer? "What happened?" Kai asks just as Faith and himself touch ground.

Erica didn't even glance up when Kai and Faith came over, she simply turned her back to them, and stared down the hole with concern in her eyes. Lucas looked over to the others, twitching his black wolf ears.

"We don't exactly know.. That's what were trying to figure out." He said, scratching the back of his head as he looked back over to Erica, who seemed to still be pretty upset.

"Erica.." Lucas said softly, placing a hand on her shoulder for comfort. But in a quick movement, she had slapped his hand away. He growled in pain, glaring at her.

"What the hell is wrong with you lately?! You're acting like a complete lunatic!" He spat at her, his voice ringing out in the forest loudly, scaring off a few birds. She winced, beginning to clench her fists. However, she did not reply..

Lucas stared at her in a mixture of anger and confusion.

"Hey. Are you infected? Is that why your acting so weird?" He asked quickly, his voice suddenly becoming urgent. She didn't reply. Just stared blankly down the hole.

Naiko shivered a bit in fear, flying away from her and landing on a tree branch. Lucas arched an eyebrow, taking a step towards her.

"Erica."

Still no answer.

Lucas looked over to Kai, flashing him a concerned look.

Kai didn't know what to do. he didn't exactly want to talk to Erica at the moment, no matter if she was hurting. It was no longer of his concern, but the fact that the one person who could lead them towards the cave was now in some hole, he had just put that together, he was a little concerned. Regardless, he wasn't going to speak to her as if nothing happened. Kai looked back at Lucas and shrugged as if to say, "Sorry, I don't know what's wrong with her". Crossing his arms, Kai stepped aside with Faith. Maybe she could get through to her or something. Get her to let her guard down so she can talk to Lucas or someone.

Lucas turned away from Kai when he simply shrugged. That pissed him off a bit. Weren't they supposed to be a group? Shaking his head, he cursed under his breath angrily and took another step towards Erica. She didn't even blink, which freaked Lucas out a bit. Stepping directly in front of her, he grabbed both her shoulders and shook her slightly.

"Erica! Snap out of it!" He snarled, but she still had the same blank expression on her face. Sighing, he turned away from her, but stopped when he head a rustle of wings.

When he turned back around, she was gone. He looked up, but didn't see her figure flying through the sky. Panic flooded into his gaze, and he looked down the hole, twitching his ears to see if he heard anybody else down there. He heard no one else but Xander.

"Where did she go?" He muttered to himself, sniffing the air for any scent from her. He picked one up, and his eyes widened. She was already about 5 miles away.. But how?

Erica shot through the air, nothing but a black blur flying in the sky. She was very high up, almost all the way above the clouds. Naiko clung onto her shoulder, his eyes beginning to flutter close slowly. Erica snapped out of the strange trance she was in, and looked around.

"Where.. Am I? Naiko?" She called, glancing behind her. But he wasn't there. However, when she looked below her, there was Naiko, falling at an insane speed.

Her eyes widened and she immediately dove after him. He was already so close to the trees already. She was never going to make it.

"NAIKO!" She screamed, pressing her wings to her sides like a falcon diving down for it's prey. The ground got closer and closer, and she gulped. But she quickly regained herself. She was doing this for Naiko. He had to stay alive.

Reaching a hand out, she caught the tiny bat in her hand, and held him against her chest.

"I'm sorry.." She murmured quietly. She closed her eyes for a moment, than reopened them, just catching a glimpse of the multicolored leaves in the trees, and than the ground as she blacked out, hearing a horrible snapping noise.

Her body crumpled against the ground, blood trickling down the side of her head and the corners of her mouth. She blacked out after smacking her head straight into a crystallized tree branch. It was like landing on a rock, but ten times worse. She lay completely motionless on the ground, the bat in her palm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucas sniffed in the air again, is eyes widening as the salty scent of fresh blood wafted into his nose.

"I smell blood." He exclaimed, panic in his voice as he recognized Erica's scent mixed in with it. He smelt something else to, and he gasped quietly.

"Oh god..." Immediately, Lucas took off in the direction Erica's scent was coming from, following it until he arrived to where she was.

Faith was overcome by everything happening. the unusual boy was sucked underground, the other girl was torn by this occurance and a fight broke out between her and another male. Faith was begining to feel dizzy,feeling of fear, sadness, confusion, panic and worry were becoming to much for her, and she crouched to the ground holding bher head. The girl flew off rather quickly, followed soon after by the other boy. As they left, Faith was hit by a large sense of panic and pain. "S-somethings wrong, we h-have to help...." she stood up slowly. At this point she didn't much care if she got hurt, a sudden surge of courage made its way to her and she felt that she had to stop this, the pain and suffering. It broke her heart to see others suffer this way. She lefted off, flying, however slowly, towards where the girl and boy had gone.

Lucas ran as fast as he could, the smell of blood beginning to get stronger and stronger as he got nearer. Bursting out of the undergrowth, he appeared in an open clearing underneath a huge crystallized tree. He was panting heavily from running so fast, but he decided to ignore his exhaustion. There were more important things he needed to take care of first.

Lying in the middle of of the clearing, was Erica. She was laying in her own pool of blood, which seemed to still be expanding as more of the red substance dripped out of her wounds. Her wings were underneath her, not looking in the best shape. There was a severe scratch that was about 10 inches long on her left wing, and it looked pretty bad.

He took slow steps towards her, kneeling down beside her and checking to see if she was dead or alive. Surprisingly, she was still alive. But her breath came out in short wisps of air, which was not a good sign. Her heart could stop at any moment if they didn't stop the bleeding soon.

Examining her wounds more closely, he glanced up towards her head. She seemed to have hit it pretty hard, and she was probably going to have a major concussion when she woke up.

"Erica.. What were you thinking?" He murmured to himself, looking at her hand. Naiko lay motionlessly in the palm of her bloody hand, not moving a muscle. He wondered if the bat was still alive or not.

Faith summoned her strength as she drew closer to the jumbled waves of emotions. she saw the bat girl lying in a pool of blood, a the new boy holding her. Faith landed lightly, still holding her head with her good hand. "is th-there anything i c-can do?" as nervous as she was around unfamiliar people, she knew that she had to be strong. this girl was in danger and needed help. "you sh-shouldnt worry about that unusual boy too much. even though he is underground, he is s-still concious and appears to be ok from what i can s-sense." she reassured as she kneeled next the bleeding girl. she was trembling once again, but she knew that she wanted to see an end to all the pain that was swirling around her now.

Lucas looked up at her with scared eyes, his hands trembling as he felt Erica's blood spill over his fingers.

"B-bandages. Do you have any? I need to stop the bleeding before it's to late.." He murmured in an usually quiet voice. He glanced down at Erica again, sadness filling his bright blue gaze.

I don't get it.. Why would she do this in the first place? He asked himself silently while staring at her. Once again, he found himself staring at Naiko in her palm. She must have dived down after the bat or something.

Her breath suddenly got more shallow and weaker, and panic flared into him.

"Erica! Stay with me.." He exclaimed, watching more and more blood pour out of her wounds. Naiko twitched in her grasp, his eyes fluttering open slowly. He stood up, flicking the blood off his wings. When he looked over at Erica, his eyes widened and he let out a squeak of alarm. He flashed Lucas a sad look, than glanced back to Erica, who was only getting weaker.

"i-i dont have bandages. b-but i could..." she trailed off, reaching for the bottom of her knee length gown. she tore off the bottom all the way around and reached for the girls wound. she was trembling, and her head was spinning. there was a lot of blood and she felt herself go pale. she took a deep breath, the panic and pain coming off the male was stabbing through her,and she knew she had to do something. she shakily tried to dress the wound, and she felt her hands get warm. there was a sudden, gentle white light, and she pulled her hands away in shock, not understanding what had just happened. she stared at her hands, worried about what the light had been. her eyes glowed gold again, before returning to an exhausted yellow. she began to feel faint and leaned against the base of the tree they were next to.

Xander woke up within a crystal cage. Outside the cage stood a monstrous crystal construct. It turned around and faced Xander. "What.... what are you?" he asked in desperation. "I am your worst nightmare." it responded in a flat tone. Xander eased a bit and said, "You know, you can't kill me. It was your kind that made me invincible." He grinned cockily, showing more bravado than he felt. "I am aware. However, our sensors indicate you care about the group you travel with... especially this girl." As the monster spoke, a hologram was reflected through its crystal cave. A picture of Erica and Naiko on the ground, and the others were trying to help the two downed group members. "What happened!" shouted Xander, now fully showing his despair. "Yes, feel that pain. That is what we need." spoke the flat tone, although that line had a hint of evil underneath it. "No, I refuse to give in to your petty demands." replied Xander, wiping all emotion off his face. "Very well, let us see you handle this development." As the crystal construct said this, it cackled with what could vaguely be recognized as laughter. It pushed its arm into the ground, and Xander could feel it growing the crystal through the ground. 'Where is he sending it? No! Not there! If it comes out of the ground there, it'll...' he thought with a horrible sinking feeling in his stomach. Just as he thought, the crystal broke through the ground... and impaled Erica straight through the chest, leaving a hole that covered most of her chest. The crystal then sunk back into the ground, taking Erica's limp body with it.

Lucas suddenly stood up, taking a few steps away from Erica's limp body. He scratched the back of his head, and sighed. He seemed pretty stressed out, and very worried.

He heard a loud noise, and he whipped around to see a huge crystal shooting out of the ground. It pierced Erica straight through the chest, making her body tense up, and than slowly fall still as she died. Naiko squeaked furiously, scratching at the crystal with his long claws, but it did nothing. A waterfall of blood poured down the tip of the crystal, soon making it run red.

"ERICA!" Lucas yelled out loudly, prepared to snatch her away, but the crystal had sunk back into the ground rather quickly. And he missed her hand by only an inch.

He froze, his eyes completely wide with a mixture of fear, panic, and despair.

"This can't be happening.." He kept repeating to himself, collapsing to his knees and gripping his head.

"S-she's dead.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The crystal continued to sink down into the ground, until it was in the same spot Xander and the crystal construct were. The light in her eyes was gone, indicating that she was indeed dead. Her body was limp, blood still pouring down the crystal from Erica's stab wound.

Faith took a few deep breaths, and noticed the stinging pain in her hand had resided. She unwrapped the makeshift bandage, and to her surprise, her hand was completely healed. Had she done that? Perhaps that was what the light was? There was a sudden rumbling and a crystal shot up througgh the ground and through the otber girls chest. Faith went pale as a ghost when blood poured everywhere, and the girl was taken underground.faith was hit by a wave of pain, that died off completely once the girl dissapeared. Faith knew she was dead, and was hit shortly after by pain and despair that poured off the boy. The waves of twisted emotions were too much to bear and Faith blacked out.

((Won't be on for a few hours))

Kai had arrived on foot a few moments after Faith, looking over at the worried Lucas. In his arms was an unconscious Erica and she looked badly hurt, blood trickling down her head. Kai's heart dropped and his chest tightened as if the wind had been knocked out of him; he was speechless. Lucas shouts a few things, as if that's going to help her out. Kai felt terrible at this point, but what was he supposed to do? He didn't have a bandage big enough for her and his doubted the remainder of his tank top would do the job.

Faith tries to help out, but it seems like there isn't anything for her to do. She seems paler than usual and Kai had a feeling she'd pass out soon, because of what was going on at the moment. He remembered when she told him about her empathetic condition. Just as he turns back to Lucas and Erica, a crystal emerges from the ground, piercing through her chest and then dragging her back down to the ground. Kai's heart literally stopped at that moment, rushing up after Lucas and reaching out towards the hole as well but it's too late for either of them to grab her.

Kai's breathing spiked with confusion and pain rushing through him. Looking back, he noticed Faith's eyes suddenly close shut as she sways, already knowing she had just blacked out. Quickly rushing over, he grabbed her by the waist as she fell over on his shoulder, resting her limp body. Gently lying her down, he stepped away and ran his hands through his hair, tugging at it with frustration. Where had she gone...w-was she dead? The very thought sickened Kai. He needed to calm down, but he couldn't

Faith, as she had now slipped into a deep slumber, felt relaxed. She felt at peice, as though she was flying without using her wings. Her breath came easy, all the twisted emotions from earlier were filtering in, and she felt them, but she no longer felt weak. She let out a soft.moan and her eyes fluttered open, shining a brilliant gold. Her hands were glowing a pure white. The white faded faded and her eyes returned to normal, and she remembered all that had happened. She remained where she was by the tree. All the chaotic emotions where no longer causeing her pain, although they still caused her great sadness. She looked at her hands. She didn't know what the light had been, or what it could do, but she felt like there was something unique about her mutation. She turned towards the blood soaked hole in the ground and said a silent pray for the deceased girl. She could feel how tense the other two were. She took a small breath and began to sing. Her voice carried the lullaby her mother used to sing before she passed when Faith was 5. She now managed to calm herself, and she hoped that the other girl, where ever she was now, would be calmed by the melody.

Iris, finally gaining strength from her rest continued her walk into the unknown forest. Every tree looked the same, but it was somehow different. "Alright...I will find this cave no matter what..." She pushed off the ground with her leg, jumping right into a sprint through the sparkiling forest. Due to her former exhaustion she stumbled every once in a while but continued overall a good speed. Suddenly something snapped, she had to close her eyes to try and not freak out to much.

Finally opening her tightly squinted eyes she realized she was stuck inbetween two trees because of her giant antlers. They spread out so much and she was going so fast, she must not have noticed that the spaces were getting more narrow. Iris tried to get herself out, tugging as much as she could, it was no use though. She was completley and utterly stuck, not able to move from this spot. "Now Im really sitting prey..."

(Hey guys this is Paradise:P I'm using my backup account.. Anyways, I seriously don't want Erica dead since she's my main charrie and stuff.. So I was thinking that since Faith has the power to heal, she could probably heal Erica back to life xD I dunno just something like that. But yeah..)

(That's what I was getting at with the white light. Right now she is trying to calm everyone down. She kind "awakened" he r inner angel.))

Xander couldn't believe what he'd just seen. "She's dead. You killed her." he whispered. He couldn't do this. He had to die. Both of them.... his sister.... and now Erica... they were both taken by the crystals. He looked disgusted at himself. His presence was what caused this. He was the reason they died because the crystals enjoyed torturing him. The construct replied, "You're suffering would be too short if we merely killed her. No, she will be alive. However, now, she will depend on you for her life. If you can't save her, she'll dies. Just like that dear sister of yours." Xander looked on in horror as Erica's body jerked and she took a large gasp of air. For now, all Xander could think was 'She is alive! Thank goodness. She is alive!'

Iris continued to toss and turn, trying to free herself from her trap. It only made her head throb with pain, after all her antlers were attached to her head. All she could do was sit and pray that a mutated person found her instead of a regular crazy. She suddenly had the thought that this was fates way to force her to stay still in the presence of another. "I hate this..." She would probably faint if she saw another person and couldn't run from them. This was litterally torture for her.

(Hey, Stardust, remember. These are mutations. So, whatever your character mutated with, those are the powers she gets. Like, my character got mutated with the crystal, so he controls the crystal. Your character got mutated with wings, but I don't know about resurrection powers. Don't worry though, the white light could be healing, just not bringing back the dead. That would make some holes in the backstory because then she could just bring everyone anyone lost back to life, ya know? Anyways, the crystal didn't really kill Erica. Trust me, I got this.)

(Since I'm on my wii, my paragraphs will be a little screwed up.. TT.TT)All she remembered was the unbearable pain that had shot through her entire body. Than everything went black. Her body felt completly numb after everything went dark. She had no idea what was going on. She thought maybe she was asleep, but she couldn't tell.. At least, that was until she woke up. Her eyes shot open, taking in large amounts of air. It felt like somebody had knocked every last bit of air out of her. She looked around her surroundings, confusion on her face. Her eyes rested on Xander when she saw him, and her eyes widened. "W-where am I? What happened?'" She asked between breaths. She looked down, seeing the blood that had soaked her clothes. An insane amount of pain poured into her and she groaned, gripping her stomach.

Xander looked on in amazement. The hole left by the impalement of the crystal had disappeared, replaced by flawless skin. He heard Erica stir and wake up. Suddenly, all the crystals receded, releasing Xander from his prison in the process. He hurried to her side and looked down at her. He thought about telling her about what the crystals had done to her, but he decided it would be detrimental after such an ordeal. Besides, Xander couldn't tell her if he wanted to because all he could think about was how beautiful Erica was. Even now, after she "died", even covered in her blood, she was beautiful. It all overcame Xander, and he started weeping over Erica. "I almost lost you too. I... I can't lose somebody else... I can't." he whispered. He hugged her to his chest for a while, listening to her heartbeat as if it might suddenly slip away. Then, carefully, he picked her up bridal style and walked down the dark passage way that had been created by the crystal that had impaled Erica. He figured it would lead back to the group. All the while, he whispered comforting things in Erica's ear as her rubbed circles in her back. It would do her no good to see him break down like he had earlier. He just hoped that she wasn't conscious to see or hear any of what he had said and done.

((I double posted but when I tried to delete it deleted both Q.Q))

Kael yawned as a black cat walked through out from behind a crystalized bush. Kaels white ears twitched at the sounds of what appeared to be fighting, or crystal structure movement. "Hey Nightwhisper" he pet the cat, "did you find something?" That cat walked back in the direction it came from, and kael stood up and followed it. He came aupon a female who appeared to be mutated to a deer with her antlers stuck in a tree. " ezcuse me miss do you need help?"

((Pretend faith is still unconsious.))

"Ahh! Eat me then go ahead!" Iris huddled herself into a ball, her feet lifting off the ground and yet her antlers stayed stuck inbetween the trees. She looked firhgtened to death by the boy, her face quickly changing to a shade of white. She definantley potrayed a scared fawn, suiting to her mutation. "Just make it quick and painless okay? I dont want to be stuck in agony while you rip me open..."

(Sorry its short)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back