Star's Mirror RP

Faith took a step back seeing the unusual boy, but as Kai gave an annoyed response, she assumed they were aquainted. This was the one she had felt such strong waves of sorrow from earlier. As Kai offered her and explanation of the cave, she agreed and lifted gracefully from the ground, a few white feathers fluttered about before falling away. She followed silently, still feeling the paiful waves coming from the unusual mutated boy. She frowned as they flew, somewhat understanding his pain.

Kai jumped off the ground as well, just as his wings sprouted out once again. "Alright, I guess we'll be following him and I'll explain in a bit." He told her, waiting for Xander to be on his way. He just didn't want to speak while he was around, heck! He didn't even want to speak around Erica for that matter. He was simply going to keep his distance with the exception of Faith of course since she had no idea about the cave. It was a good thing he had ran into her then...well, for other reasons aside from the cut on her hand.

"This way, Faith..." He called as he zipped through the trees to get over the treetops. Looking past to the slowly rising sun, he could see a figure of a faint black dot, figuring it was Erica. He simply turned away and looked back towards Faith, gesturing to the figure. "That way, I suppose." He replied, knowing Xander would most likely be heading here. "Let's go..."

as Kai pointed out the figure in the distance, Faith nodded, and continued to follow, trying her best to keep up. she frowned, feeling a sorrowful chill come over her. "who exactly are these people you travel with?" she muttered to Kai, "all ive felt sense i saw that strange boy was wave after wave of pain and sorrow coming from him." she crossed her arms in an attempt to drive away the chill, "nevermind." she looked at the sun near the horizon. "anyway....about the cave?" she inquired, trying to take her mind off depressing matters.

Who are they? Nobody significant. Kai thought to himself as he began to slow down a bit for Faith to catch up. He didn't really want to speak of them at the moment and figured if she really wanted to know who Xander and Erica were, she'd ask them eventually. The fact that she could sense these feelings from him surprised him a bit, wondering what else she was able to sense. He looked at her with a shrug and watched as her curiosity fell to a saddened and concerned look. Was something wrong?

Faith crossed her arms and decided to change the subject, bringing him back to his thoughts. he was thankful she had decided to let that question go. As she had caught up with him, he started to zoom past the trees, much faster in hopes of catching up with the rest of them. "Oh...right. The cave. It's basically the only inhabitable place left on this earth. Or so it's rumored. It's said to be rid of all crystallized infections and crazy outrageous colors you find here on the outside world. Problem is, we don't know where it is exactly." He said as he turned to her. "We're trying our best to scout it out using the 'strange boy' as you call him." He replied.

Faith zoomed along with Kai, hoping that they would catch the others soon, because she was begining to grow tired. she was more accustom to flying on her own at her own leisurely pace then racing along behind others. she listened to the story of an inhabitable cave that was free of the crystals curse. she sensed a swirl of curiosity coming from Kai, and gave him a distant gaze. "you are curious about me, yes?" she looked at the horizon again, "since ive been mutated into an angel, of sorts, ive been able to sense emotions, though i havent put a name to every sensation yet. one of the first was sorrow, along with fear and pain, which are so abundant in this world." her amber eyes glowed the purest of gold color before fading to their docile yellow-orange hue. "sometimes i wonder if my mutation was purely a coincidence, or if i was meant to be this way.

Erica flapped her bat wings a little harder, trying to pick up more speed. She honestly had no idea why she was flying away from the group. Looking behind her, she saw two dots next to each other, and she could only assume it was the girl and Kai. Clenching her fists again, she flicked her gaze back in front of her, dodging a tree just in time before she smacked right into it.

Naiko flew after from behind, beginning to pant heavily. She slowed down, letting the bat catch up and cling onto her shoulder before returning back to the extremely high speed.

"Is Xander following us?" She asked herself quietly, scanning the forest beneath her for the familiar figure of Xander. She wondered where he had gone off to.

The memory of him hugging her earlier appeared in her mind, and her fists loosened. The anger seemed to drain out of her, and she had slowly returned back to her normal self. For some reason, the thought of him made her less angry..

Letting out a deep sigh, she dove into the trees, and lightly landed on the ground. She looked around the area for a moment, hearing a strange noise. It sounded like.. Breathing?

Her eyes widened a bit, trying to see where the sound was coming from. Right when she was about to determine it's location, it suddenly stopped. She mumbled something under her breath, spreading her wings and preparing to shoot back into the sky. That was until something tackled her from the front. She had no idea what had just happened. All she knew was that she was rolling down a very steep hill, with someone's hands clinging to her neck.

She rolled down that hill for about a minute, and than finally stopped at the very bottom. She slipped an arrow out of her pocket, but she was too slow. The person pinned her down, holding a knife to her throat. It was a man with bright blue eyes, and he had a hood over his head. She couldn't exactly see his face, but he looked sort of familiar..

After what seemed an eternity, the man finally spoke.

"E-Erica?.." He exclaimed in a surprised tone. Her eyes widened, and she narrowed her eyes a bit. Once she realized who he was, she froze.

"Lucas?! What are you doing here?!" She said with shock in her voice. She was not expecting this at all. He pulled his hood off his head and took the knife away from her neck. Quickly, he got back up to his feet and helped her up.

"Well, I was just following a deer until you came along and scared it off," He put his hands behind his head and flashed her a teasing smile.

"Ya know, you should be a little more quieter." He said, grinning to himself when Erica crossed her arms over her chest and shot him a nasty glare.

"Oh shut up. At least I'm not the one tackling people down freaking hills."

He burst out laughing, seeming to be amused by her attitude.

"You can never tell who's dangerous or not in this world. I had to take my chances." He winked at her, causing a slight smile to appear on her face. He looked around for a moment, the black wolf ears on his head twitching a bit.

"Hey, are you in a group or somethin'? I can hear two people talking." He said, arching an eyebrow and looking back to her. She nodded, wondering if Lucas was going to join the group in search of the cave.

"Come on. I'll introduce you to them."

Xander hid himself among the trees. He understood. Erica didn't want him the way he wanted her. However, if not having him made her happy.... "Then, I'm happy." he said, thinking aloud. He was still leading the group in the previous direction. If they began to go in the wrong direction, he'd make his presence known. Otherwise, he was content to walk along the tree branches, invisible to Kai, the one who wanted to throttle him, the girl, who could sense his pain and sorrow, and Erica, the one who was happy without him.

Erica led Lucas away from the bottom of the hill, trying to figure out where Xander had gone off to.

"Xander!" Erica called out loudly, looking around in confusion as she saw no sign of him. Lucas stood beside her, his ears continuing to twitch.

"Xander? Who's that? Your new boyfriend?" He teased, a wild grin on his face when Erica began to tense up.

"He's not my boyfriend." She replied rather quickly in a defensive tone. Another amused look appeared on his face, and he chuckled to himself, deciding not to tease her for a while.

"XANDER!" She suddenly screeched out, making Lucas plug his ears in pain. He flashed her a glare, and than arched an eyebrow at her.

"Jeez woman. Could you be any louder?" He snapped, suddenly turning angry. She rolled her eyes, and continued to call for Xander. She stopped for a moment, not understanding why he was hiding..

"Yes. What is it that you want?" said Xander softly into Erica's ears. He had been behind them all along. "Who is this? A new friend, or perhaps, an old acquaintance?" he asked, looking the new boy over.

(Im sorry! Ive only been let on at certain times for like 10 min. Life sucks XC)

Iris saw the opprotunity to leave, this girl may have been playing with her food. She quickly stood, her shakey legs giving more then a challange to walk on. As if it was a mirical, she was able to get far enough into the crystallized woods to hide herself, for now. "That was close...Maybe Europe is more of a worse place then I thought." Iris, rubbed her antlers and letting out a sigh. "Why did I have to be a deer? Its perfect for what i was before the stars, but...why couldn't the stars change me to be more brave?" It was usless asking such meaningless questions, though, these days it seems less insane, to her.

Erica jumped a little bit when Xander's voice suddenly appeared in her ear, and she immediately turned towards him. She seemed to have a relieved look in her gaze for some odd reason. When he asked who Lucas was, she grinned, prepared to introduce him to her old friend, but was interrupted by Lucas.

"So, you must be Erica's boyfriend. Nice to meet ya. I'm Lucas." He said amusingly, cringing a bit when Erica elbowed him hard in the rib cage. Ignoring the pain, he extended his hand towards Xander and smiled.

"He's an old friend." She explained to Xander before he got confused. She grinned a little bit, realizing she had been staring at Xander for quite a long time.

Quickly she looked away, glancing over to Naiko who was asleep on her shoulder.

Xander looked at the Lucas's outstretched hand. "For reasons Erica can explain, I'm afraid I can't accept the hand." Still, Xander nodded his greeting. Choosing to correct Lucas's mistake, he said, "Also, I'm not Erica's boyfriend, nor anything, really. She has made quite clear that I don't make her happy. Since her happiness is my goal, I chose to step back." There was a hint of sadness and rejection in his eyes, but it was quickly covered up. "What brings you here, Lucas? Are you also looking for the fabled cave? If so, you may join us. The rest of the group is searching for it as well. I'm just the one who knows the way."

"T-That's not true! You do make me happy!" Erice suddenly blurted out, blushing a little bit in embarrassment. She scratched the back of her head sheepishly, staring towards the ground. Those words came out of her mouth faster than she could think.. But it was true. He did make her happy.

Lucas raised an eyebrow, flashing her a teasing grin.

"Whoa. You've become a real softy, haven't ya? You never confess about anything." He said, placing his hands behind his head and leaning against a tree that was behind him. He seemed to be amused at how Erica had become so embarrassed so easily.

She shot Lucas a glare, than looked back to Xander with a soft look in her red eyes. She smiled at him, giggling a bit when Naiko suddenly flew off her shoulder and landed on Xander's.

Lucas sighed, eyeing the two of them, and than grinning.

"As a matter of fact, I am looking for the cave as well. And I would be glad to join you guys." He burst out laughing when Erica elbowed him again on the arm. He really loved making her mad.

Hearing Erica's words, Xander cracked a brilliant smile. "That's good. I'm glad." Turning to Lucas, he said. "If you are to join this group, you'll want to know about each of our mutations. Erica is quite knowledgeable. However," said Xander, speaking to Erica now, "I am going to have to ask you not to tell him about... her. He doesn't need to know, and it won't benefit him in any way." The once radiant smile had turned into a grimace as he mentioned his sister. It seemed although the physical pain was gone, the psychological and emotional pain was still very much real.

Erica's smile widened at how quickly Xander had become so happy. Even Naiko seemed pretty happy as sat on Xander's head. Listening to him carefully, she nodded slowly.

"I won't. I promise." She said softly, tilting her head a bit. She knew how Xander acted when his sister was mentioned around him.. And the grimace that had replaced his smile pretty much explained it. She didn't like seeing him hurt like that. Or anybody else. The only she thing she wished was that everybody was happy.

Lucas nodded, a little surprised at how Xander had switched moods so quickly.

"Alright than.. I'm pretty sure Erica can explain the your guys's mutations on the way or somethin'." He shrugged, than began grinning again. The black wolf ears on his head twitched for a moment, as if hearing something.

Without thinking twice, Erica wrapped her arms around Xander in a hug.

"Don't get upset, Xander.. It's okay.." She murmured into his ear quietly, hugging him a bit tighter. This random gesture seemed to surprise Lucas, and his grin immediately vanished from his face.

"It's alright. I have to get over... you know... at some point or another." It seemed even now he couldn't mention her twice so quickly. He carefully removed himself from Erica's embrace. He looked her in the eyes, leaned forward... and kissed her on the forehead. "Thank you." He turned and walked off, waiving at them to follow. "Come along, then. We have to get going. The cave is still pretty far from here."

Erica's heart practically skipped a beat when Xander leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead. She was completely frozen for a moment, but regained herself when Lucas appeared next to her and had wrapped an arm around her shoulders. He pulled her closer to him, flashing her a devilish grin.

"You little liar. If you guy's aren't going out.. Than why did you two just get all lovey dovey, huh?" He asked teasingly, chuckling when Erica pushed him away and crossed her arms over her chest irritably.

"Oh shut up." She snapped to him, storming after Xander. He burst into a fit of laughter, quickly running after the two of them.

"Hey! Wait up!" He exclaimed, catching up to them and walking beside Erica. He had a curious look in his eyes when he looked at them this time.

"So.. Is it just you two? Or are there others?" He asked, staring forward and awaiting a response. Erica suddenly began getting angry at the thought of Kai and that other girl, and she immediately clenched her fists a bit.

Xander overheard Lucas's question. "There are more. One annoying bird-man and a new bird-woman. They're talking and doing who knows what a ways over that way." Xander pointed somewhere to the left. "We are going to get a move on. I have a feeling that Kai is questioning whether he wants to go with us or not. Whatever he decides, he knows to keep going the way we are going."

Erica nodded in agreement, crossing her arms over her chest again at even the thought of Kai. She still had no idea why she was getting so overly angry and jealous over him and that girl. She should have forgotten about them hours ago, but she couldn't seem to get out of her head.

"I hope they leave." She snapped out loud on accident. She blushed a little bit in embarrassment, scolding herself silently for speaking her thoughts.

She glanced over to Xander, a question popping into her mind.

"Xander?.." She asked softly, stepping closer to him.

"When you kissed me earlier.. How come I didn't become infected?" She tilted her head, wondering if his condition only occurred at certain times or something. She seemed to be completely fine, even though they had made contact.

"Because I willed the infection not to spread. I would never infect you. It requires a lot of energy though. I'm probably going to have... to..." Xander collapsed mid-sentence, falling to the forest floor. Suddenly, the ground rose up around him and encased him in an impenetrable, yet clear case of crystal.

Erica's eyes widened and she looked at Xander worriedly through the crystal.

"Xander! Are you okay?!" She screamed in an urgent voice, trying to find a way into the crystal. But it seemed completely impenetrable. Plus, she couldn't touch the crystal without becoming infected.

"Xander.." She murmured quietly, fear filling her bright red gaze as she stared at Xander's motionless body through the crystal. Lucas appeared by her side, looking around frantically for a way to get it. But he found none.

"What's happening?" He asked, a slight flicker of concern in his voice. Erica shook her head, not taking her eyes away from Xander.

"I don't know.."

Xander body, and its crystal casing, were sucked down into the Earth. Xander was still conscious, but he couldn't move. 'What is going on?' he thought frantically.

(This is basically my way of putting Xander away for tonight. So... good night!)

Erica's eyes widened, and she reached for his hand, not caring if she became infected or not. But she missed. She felt her breath get caught in her throat, and she completely froze.

"XANDER!" She screamed, prepared to jump in after him, but Lucas quickly caught her by the waist and held her back. She squirmed wildly, trying to get out of his grasp.

"Let go of me!" She snarled, but it only made Lucas tighten his grip on her.

"No.. You need to calm down." He said, his face no serious and stern. Slowly, Erica stopped, tears beginning to stream down her face.

"Xander.. What's wrong?" She asked softly as Lucas let go of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back