• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom closed

Other
Here
Vices:
bratty | growing up as the daughter of a duke can spoil someone absolutely rotten and julia is no exception. this girl has developed a nasty attitude when she wants and it comes out in ways that are certainly unbecoming of a lady. while she only does this to throw rather unfortunate suitors off her, its certainly a sight to behold. it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to see this girl accidentally spill the entire contents of her wine glass on someone just because they managed to upset her in the slightest way possible.

stuck up | her standards are quite high and she makes this known. her requirements to be someone close to her or her brother is quite long and frankly it has resulted in the girl only having a few genuine friends. she doesn't take kindly to new money and finds people that marry strictly for status annoying and distasteful, and will unfortunately make her opinion well-known. if she deems you unworthy and rather low class, it seems everyone will soon join in and ultimately shut you out from high society.

devious | when she wants something, she gets it no matter what. since she's practically drowning in cash, its no surprise that she is one to pay off the help in order to hear gossip about someone and use it to her advantage. she doesn't like people getting the upper hand on her so she makes sure to always have dirt on everyone to use it as leverage if she is ever confronted. she will do whatever it takes to stay on top and in her own perfect world. after all, she's the one who practically makes the rules.

manipulative | a sweet smile with a tinge of red evident on her face and any many is reduced to putty. this is exactly what she enjoys. using her gentle looks to her advantage, she can wrap practically anyone around her little finger and convince them to do all her dirty work for her. its quite impressive that someone as young as her is able to do such things, but when you live with someone that has a cottage in the countryside specifically for all of his lovers to visit him, finding ways to use others to protect her family is the least she could do.

Virtues:
creative | whether it's something to do with art or music, she is someone that can come with something new and beautiful. she is always trying out new painting techniques and finds ways to make every typical hobby fun and exciting for herself. this has allowed her to find freedom in expressing herself without verbally saying things that would most likely get her in trouble. she finds great comfort in this and is determined to keep this freedom and not let anyone take it away from her.

determined |

independent |

loyal |

Family: [georgiana cavendish] — mother — 38 years old — alive — played by: gugu mbatha-raw.
incredibly close, these two have been practically attached at the hip since julia was old enough to walk. her mother was quite young when she had her so naturally their bond was a lot deeper than some of the other mothers that she was forced to interact with. they have similar taste in almost everything and its not unheard of to hear them gossiping to each other while taking a stroll in london, simply giggling like two school girls. her mother is her very best friend and she will do anything to keep her happy and proud of her. which is why julia even agreed to debut in the first place. all she wanted was to put a smile back on her mother's face, after all, losing a husband and father isn't easy on anyone.

[edward cavendish] — father — 48 — deceased — played by: nicholas pinnock.
he was always a strange man, mostly because georgiana was his second wife which made julia not as impressive as laurence. edward's attention was practically devoted to his only son as he was the one to inherit literally everything the family had come to own and accomplish. julia was just a pearl that he enjoyed showing off, often boasting that she would only be suitable for a prince or someone of that stature as she was his daughter, meaning she deserved no less than royalty. they didn't get to bond very much before he passed away, leaving her behind with only her mother and older brother.

[laurence cavendish] — half-brother — 25 years old — alive — played by: chance perdomo.
quite an idiot in her opinion, she's always viewed him as someone who has never needed to be serious in his life. he was always free to love and pursue whomever he wanted as long as it was behind closed doors and nobody spoke of it. still, he managed to always mess around with julia, whether it was interfering with her tea parties or stealing her favorite dress, his childlike behavior bothered her for the longest time. however, after they lost their father, she began to understand why laurence had such a carefree attitude. it was the only way he could keep himself going.

Background: Duis quis massa quis urna semper blandit at ac nisi. Maecenas tempor placerat leo, in sollicitudin tellus tempus a. Praesent urna enim, gravida sed iaculis id, blandit a risus. In ultrices felis vitae lacinia porta. Mauris suscipit gravida urna, at malesuada orci. Cras nunc enim, porttitor at tristique a, commodo quis lorem. Praesent vel efficitur nisi, quis ullamcorper ante. Ut a efficitur odio. Curabitur maximus enim at sem auctor, in mattis nunc consequat. Nulla pulvinar blandit tincidunt. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Aenean vestibulum non nulla vitae suscipit. Fusce neque sapien, scelerisque sed felis ut, suscipit tincidunt erat.

JULIANA
CAVENDISH
DEBUTANTE
12/23/1792
Full Name: lady juliana beatrice cavendish.
Nicknames: julia. julie.
Sexuality: questioning.
Role: sister of the duke of devonshire.
Birthplace: chatsworth house in derbyshire, england.

Height: 5'6".
Body Type: mesomorph.
Hair Color/Style: dark brown. often tied up and away from her face, she tends to style her hair quite simply. it is often adorned with flowers or simple headbands, but nothing over the top or too fancy.
Eyes: warm brown.
Mods: none.
Ethnicity: black.

Scars: she has a scar on the back of her head from when she fell off her horse as a child and hit it on a rock.
Style: simple dresses and pearls are her go-to choice. she really loves florals and will often wear her hair down and wear various flowers instead of tiaras or fancy hairpieces. her dresses are always modest and her corsets never uncomfortably tight either.
Face Claim: ruby barker.

Description: tba.

MBTI/Enneagram: the achiever (3). the architect (intj).
Alignment: chaotic good.

Fears: embarrassing herself in public, disappointing her mom, sickness, childbirth.
Hobbies: painting. embroidery. pianoforte. reading. writing.

Likes: the pianoforte, painting, reading, studying, books, afternoon tea, spending time with family, exciting novels, jane austen, gardening, summer, swimming, writing letters, poetry.

Dislikes: annoying people, people pursuing her brother, being bored, going to balls, suitors, getting scolded, crying, embarrassing herself, arguing, getting sick, raising her voice, explaining herself.

Questions:
"how do you feel about the gossip that's already circulating?"
"are you excited to finally be part of the season?"
"is there anyone who has caught your eye?"
"are you pursuing anyone?"
"who is the person you dislike the most this season?"
"do you think you'll be married by the end of the season?"

Extra:
coded by social

Last edited:

"Once considered a jewel of London high society, she has once again returned to London to find a husband. You see, she thought she had stumbled upon the perfect suitor the previous year, a newcomer who had an abundance of wealth and a charming smile, and he was incredibly fond of her. They courted and were quickly engaged, everything was going according to plan. However, before the wedding, he had convinced her to elope with him, but really he did it to steal her inheritance. He managed to get away with half, leaving behind a broken heart."
Lady Theodosia Wynn
Basics —
Name — Theodosia Agnes Wynn
Nicknames — Theo, Dosie, Thea, Dosia
Age — Twenty-two
Birthday — February 18th
Zodiac — Aquarius
Gender — Cis. Female
Sexuality — Bisexual
Role — Daughter of the Earl of Essex
Ethnicity — Caucasian
Portrayed By — Rose Williams
Appearance —
Height — 5'5"
Hair — Dark brown
Eyes — Dark brown
Distinguishing Features — Dimple in her chin, defined jawline, big eyes
Mods — None
Scars — She has a burn scar on her right thigh
Style — When she first debuted she was wearing every new piece of fashion out there and was always setting trends and trying new and exciting outfits. However, now that she is returning to the season after having a failed marriage, she cannot bring herself to stand out as much. She is mostly seen wearing muted colors and her hair down in elegant curls.
Persona —
Likes —

Dislikes —

Fears —
Hobbies —
Habits —
Personality —
Vices — [insecure] info here

[gullible] info here

[perfectionist] info here

[closed-off] info here

Virtues — Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Background —
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Family —
[Name] — Mother — Alive — Portrayed by: Hannah New
[relationship goes here]

[Name] — Father — Alive — Portrayed by: Henry Cavill
[Relationship here]

[Name] — Older Brother — Alive — Portrayed by: Tom Hughes
[relationship goes here]
Other —
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
coded by: ukiiyo

Last edited:

"Not one to settle down, he hasn’t attended the season since he was 18 years old. However, since the untimely death of his father, he is now forced to choose a future wife, much to his own disappointment. There’s a possibility he is only doing it for a show as his heart may be completely taken by the one he has kept hidden from the public eye for oh so long."
The Duke of Devonshire
Basics —

Appearance —

Persona —

Personality —

Background —

Family —

Other —
coded by: ukiiyo

Last edited:
wip

overview

personality

background

misc

gallery

• basics

FULL NAME: Esther Charlotte Claridge

NICKNAME: None

DOB: March 31st 1793

SEXUALITY: Heterosexual

ROLE: Daughter of the Earl of Coventry

appearance

HAIR: Blonde

EYES: Brown

HEIGHT: 5'5

BODY TYPE:

SCARS/ MODS: Ear piercings

♡design by latte, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
for starts, what a waste to say the heart could feel apart, or feel complete, baby. why would you make out of words a cage for your own bird? when it sings so sweet the screaming, heaving, fuckery of the world?
ms. eleanora, daughter of brisbane.
why would you offer a name to the same old tired pain? when all things come from nothin', and honey, if nothin's gained? my heart is thrilled by the still of your hand. that's how I know now that you understand.

placeholder | code by low fidelity.

Hold On
CHORD OVERSTREET

• Name: Prince Michael Henry Philip

Nicknames: Mike, Harry

D.O.B: December 7th

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Height: 5'10

Hair: Ginger

Eyes: Blue

Scars: Michael has burn scars on his right elbow and across his upper back from the fire that killed his family

Mods: None

Distinguishing Features: His ginger curls

Role: The Former Prince of Westphalia

Face Claim: Ruairi O'Connor

Reputation: The intimidating but wealthy former prince with a heart of ice

Rumors or Scandals: There has been some speculation and gossip about his relationship with his late wife. Most speculation center around how he was a cold and negligent husband while some even whisper that he might have been cruel to her. There have also been some unsavory rumors about how he was the only survivor of the fire that killed his family and that maybe, it was even intentional.

Questions:
    "How do you feel about the gossip that's already circulating?"

Gossip is rarely without reason, but it's also not always true. I think it's best to make the final judgements after meeting them in person.

"Are you excited to finally be part of the season?"
    I never expected to be here so I'm not really sure.

"Is there anyone who has caught your eye?"
    ...I don't know any of these women well enough to really say.

"Are you pursuing anyone?"
    No.

"Who is the person you dislike the most this season?"
    I've never really met them before so I can't say.

"Do you think you'll be married by the end of the season?"
    I hope to be.

Basics

Persona

Backstory

Miscellaneous

I just want to move forward and fill the space in my home

Code by Stardust Galaxy

Last edited:

False Confidence
NOAH KAHAN

• Name: The Honorable Everett Charles Lyly

Nicknames: Ev, Rhett

D.O.B: August 13th

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Height: 6'2

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

Scars: None but he imagines it would only add to his roguish charm

Mods: None

Distinguishing Features: His scruffy beard

Role: Baron Lyly's Eldest Son

Face Claim: Sean Teale

Reputation: Everett is known as the rogue of high society and almost no one enters the season without knowing that he is trouble or being warned to stay clear of his path.

Rumors or Scandals: Rumor has it that he ruined a match between his younger half brother and a respectable young lady by seducing her, another says that he has several illegitimate children from his numerous romantic escapades, a nobleman is supposedly divorcing his wife because he caught them having an affair, and then there was the scandal from last season when he led on one poor girl who turned down other suitors because of him and then got caught in an embrace with another lady.

Questions:

Honestly, it's quite sad. You would think that they'd be able to spin something more creative than another boring fictional affair and they always seem to be so caught up in last season's news. The way they keep rehashing it, just imagine what they would do if people like me weren't around to give them something to talk about?

I'm sure there are a fair share of people hoping that I never return but let's face it, the season would be dreadfully boring without my presence to spice things up. Besides, I could never turn down the opportunity to meet more charming ladies and be introduced as "The Honorable Everett Lyly".

Definitely, but I think I'll save that answer for the ears of the ladies in question.

If you ask the rumors, I'm never not pursuing anyone, but I'm sure it will disappoint some of them to know that contrary to popular belief, even I have to take a break every now and then.

I can't say anyone comes to mind really, after all I take more note of and focus on people I like than people I don't, though I'm sure I'm at the top of most people's lists.

You have to let a woman dream no?

Basics

Persona

Backstory

Miscellaneous

If I'm not the definition of tall, dark and handsome, no one is.

code by Stardust Galaxy

Last edited:
  • NAME lady georgiana marie sedgewick
    NICKNAME georgie (only by her family), ana, gia, ginny, giana
    AGE twenty-two
    BIRTHDAY april 12th
    ZODIAC aries
    GENDER cisfemale
    SEXUALITY heterosexual
    ETHNICITY caucasian
    ROLE the 2nd eldest daughter of the earl of durham

HEIGHT 5’6”
    BODY TYPE ectomorph
    HAIR georgiana’s hair falls in long, golden ringlets to the center of her upper back. she rarely wears it down, though, usually opting instead to twist it up into some variation of a loose bun.
    EYES a pale bluish-grey
    BODY MODIFICATIONS the standard earlobe piercings, nothing else
    SCARS none that anyone can see
    DISTINGUISHING FEATURES aside from her somewhat uniquely colored eyes, georgiana has a couple of beauty marks on the right side of her face.
    STYLE georgiana’s style is delicate and feminine. she likes neutral colors, especially the paler shades, such as peach and ivory. her dresses almost always have lace accents, and what outfit would be complete without a set of pearl earrings? although her clothes may give her an “effortless beauty” type of look, beauty is not without pain. georgiana always aims to look her best, so if that means cinching her corset as tight as it will go, then so be it.
    FACE CLAIM bella heathcote

coded by weldherwings.

Last edited:

Lydia Elizabeth Huxley, known as Beth to her friends.
Age eighteen*, born on August 27th 1794.
Straight, Female, Debutante, The Youngest Daughter of Baron Huxley.​

Background: As the youngest daughter of her father, the Baron Huxley, Lydia was raised with more freedoms than her elder sister Margaret. She had a happy childhood, and was allowed to join her brother in his lessons. Although, where Phillip couldn't sit still for a minute, Lydia was fascinated for hours by the stories of crusaders and foreign countries with foreign kings and foreign wars. Perhaps it was this influence that made playing pirates her and Phillip's favourite game as children. The pair were inseparable, and their parents were kind in turning a blind eye to Lydia's rather unladylike games. She grew out of this phase as her sister began to blossom into adulthood, and by the time of her sister's first season three years ago, Lydia spent most of her time engaged in hobbies far more fitting for a lady of the nobility. She's rather apt at painting, although she still pricks her fingers in embroidery, and has far too little patience for the pianoforte. Despite putting her adventurer days behind her, her battered copy of Robinson Crusoe is still one of her most prized possessions.

Lydia's father, the Baron Huxley, always put a lot of pressure on his eldest daughter to marry well, and elevate their status as a family in the process. Ever since the fateful day when the family received the letter letting them know that Margaret had eloped with the farmers boy, those pressures and responsibilities have fallen to Lydia. Her father once had promised her that she needn't come out until age twenty, and before she heard the news, Lydia had even persuaded a great-aunt to take Lydia along on a tour of Europe. But all her plans have now fallen through. Lydia tries not to be resentful towards Margaret for her decisions, and she puts on a smile for her mother's sake, but she can't help but feel a little backed into a corner.

Nevertheless, this is the situation she's in, and she's determined to make the best of it. Lydia has resolved to make this season one to remember, and intends to enjoy all the dancing she can while steering clear of anyone looking to play games with her heart. She will either finish the season with a good, rich husband - who she hopes may also be kind - or she shall finish it alone. What Lydia will certainly not do is fall in love with a farmer's boy.

"Well, people will talk, that's to be expected of course. I do hope that the ton might let me make my own mark this season though, instead of seeing me only as Margaret's younger sister."​
"Nervous might be more accurate! No, of course I'm excited, and I dare say I am ready - even if this is all coming a little sooner than expected."​
"I shouldn't talk about such things! I'm sure that everyone's going crazy for the Prince but me, well mostly I'd just like someone who is kind... and not a farmer!"​
"Goodness no, that seems improper. Besides, I'm not quite sure where I would begin!"​
I do try to keep an open mind about all people, but, well, there are some people I intend to steer clear of."​
"Once again, I daren't speculate. If I meet the right man who knows what will happen?"​

Relations:
The Baron Huxley: Lydia loves her father very much, and still looks upon the rare times in her childhood where she would climb onto his knee and he would read to her from one of his novels. She desperately wants to please him, and wants him to be as happy as he was before Margaret left. Despite this, she is frustrated by his expectations of her, and feels like he is trapping her into a life she didn’t quite intend.
The Baroness Huxley: The Baroness’s pride is in her children, and she‘s always loved to spoil them. Lydia knows her mother understands the position she’s in more than maybe anyone else, but something stops her from confiding in her. Perhaps it‘s the fact that no matter what, she knows that her mother will never stand up to the Baron on Lydia’s behalf.
Margaret Huxley: Lydia is five years Margaret’s junior, and the pair have never been particularly close. Nevertheless, Maggie was always someone that Lydia felt she could turn to for sisterly advice. They’ve had no contact since Margaret eloped, and Lydia doesn’t quite know what to feel towards her sister. She’s happy that Maggie is happy, but it’s put her in quite an awkward position. Moreover, Lydia is hurt that Margaret never confided in Lydia about her love for the boy.
Phillip Huxley: These two were inseparable as children, and still share a very similar, somewhat odd, sense of humour. Lydia loves Phillip very much, although they no longer play pirates. Ever since Margaret left, Phillip has tried to play the role of protective older brother to Lydia, even though he’s younger than her. This is comical at times, although Lydia sometimes gets frustrated that Phillip assumes she needs protecting in the first place.

Reputation: As the daughter of a Baron, Lydia is relatively unimportant among the nobility. She's most known as the sister of Margaret, who created quite a stir with her exit from society two years ago. Although associated with scandal, the ton as little to say about Lydia herself - good or bad. Among her friends and acquaintances Lydia is well-liked, and her kind disposition makes her easy to get along with.

Rumours or Scandals: Apart from the scandal surrounding her sister, not much is whispered about Lydia. However, as Lydia debuts this year, you can be sure that the rumour mill will start turning to fill in the gaps in what is known about her.

Virtues
Kind: Lydia is what you may call 'inherently good'. She has a strong conscience which convicts her to always care for those around her. She is generous with her time and energy, and believes in the inherent good in everyone. Simply put, making others happy makes her happy, and she has no time for mean words or cruel actions. Despite this, Lydia is not a pushover, and is careful not to let others take advantage of her for her kindness.
Sociable: All the socialisation involved in the balls and the promenades is the one part of the season that Lydia is actually prepared for. She is a massive extrovert, and very much feeds off of the laughter of those around her. She may not always be the life of the party, but she always makes sure the party is alive, with a unique ability to make her guests feel welcome, Lydia knows when to crack a joke, and when to let others steer the conversation.
Loyal: Once you get Lydia in your corner, you can guarantee she'll have your back. No matter how much you hurt her, she will never go behind your back. In return for her loyalty, she expects loyalty back, and is deeply hurt by those who take her trust for granted and then betray her.
Smart: Lydia adored her early education, and is proficient in Latin as well as English. She's an avid reader and is always seeking to understand the world better. This aspect of her personality often surprises her peers, especially men, and aids her ability to make great conversation. Indeed, she often finds she knows more about current affairs - say the war in France - than all the men at the dinner table. She doesn't feel a need to flaunt her knowledge though, and she often downplays how much she knows to appease her father. She doesn't mind being underestimated, as long as no-one ever tries to stop her from learning more!

Vices
Impulsive: Lydia has never lost the craving for adventure that she had as a child. She wants to see the world, to live in it, to never miss out on anything. The freedoms awarded to Lydia as the second eldest meant that she hasn't run into many problems because of her antics over the years, but now she's a debutante, and there will be consequences is she just goes off riding without telling anyone. Being well behaved all season will no doubt be difficult for Lydia.
Distrustful: Lydia was naive for a long time, liking to see the best in everyone, but over the years she's been misled and betrayed one too many times. After learning that she couldn't trust even her own sister, Lydia is now very slow to trust others, and tends to assume that everyone has hidden intentions with her.
Insensitive: Although she is incredibly kind, Lydia can be a bit blunt, and often misses subtle cues. Because of this, she often won't be able to tell if she is upsetting someone, and might push sensitive topics of conversation too far. While her sociable nature often offsets this, it has led to many uncomfortable scenarios, and whenever Lydia realises she's gone too far she feels terrible about it.
Prideful: Lydia has a high sense of self worth. This is not a bad thing, but it is when she considers very few people good enough for her. If she's to find a match this season, she might not have the opportunity to be too picky
Fears: letting her family down, being alone, wasting her life / never seeing the world, people she's close too getting hurt.
Likes: painting, the rain, reading, dinner parties, riding, getting just the right amount of tipsy, dancing, adventure
Dislikes: being too hot, gossips, embroidery (she's hurt her fingers too many times), drama, animals, humidity, carriage rides, feeling trapped
Hobbies: painting, riding, reading, socialisation, dancing

Face Claim: Ellise Chappell // Height: 5ft2 // Hair: Dark Brown // Eyes: Brown // Modifications: Ear Piercings // Scars: Scar on right knee from falling out of a tree when younger.​

Lydia Huxley
The Youngest Daughter of Baron Huxley​
tumblr_os6hsueR2T1t55dzfo8_400.gif

picture.gif
pic2.gif
fc: ellise chappell​
[/center][/right][/center]
* I know the age range is 20-30, but as Beth is coming out early, it makes sense to me that her age is younger. If this is a problem it can be changed.

Last edited:
Vices:
opinionated |

lustful |

hot-headed |

possessive |

Virtues:
charismatic |

original |

playful |

adventurous |

Family: [name] — mother — 37 years old — alive — played by: emily blunt.
relationship shit here

[name] — father — 39 years old — alive — played by: tom hiddleston.
relationship shit here

[name] — twin sister — 22 years old — alive — played by: natalia dyer.
relationship shit here

Background: Duis quis massa quis urna semper blandit at ac nisi. Maecenas tempor placerat leo, in sollicitudin tellus tempus a. Praesent urna enim, gravida sed iaculis id, blandit a risus. In ultrices felis vitae lacinia porta. Mauris suscipit gravida urna, at malesuada orci. Cras nunc enim, porttitor at tristique a, commodo quis lorem. Praesent vel efficitur nisi, quis ullamcorper ante. Ut a efficitur odio. Curabitur maximus enim at sem auctor, in mattis nunc consequat. Nulla pulvinar blandit tincidunt. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Aenean vestibulum non nulla vitae suscipit. Fusce neque sapien, scelerisque sed felis ut, suscipit tincidunt erat.

EDMUND
HADDINGTON
DARK HORSE
12/27/1791
Full Name: the honourable edmund haddington.
Nicknames: ed. eddie.
Sexuality: bisexual.
Role: the son of viscount haddington.
Birthplace: the haddington summer home. brighton, england.

Height: 5'11".
Body Type: ectomorph.
Hair Color/Style: dark brown and messily styled. he often grows it out which causes it to become a wavy mess. this is something he knows sends young ladies into a tizzy.
Eyes: green.
Mods: none.
Ethnicity: caucasian.

Scars: a scar on his left wrist for reasons undisclosed.
Style: very casual and laid back, it's not unusual to see him far more relaxed when at balls than anyone else. he doesn't put a lot of effort into his appearance which drives many mothers mad as they don't want their daughters pursuing a man as immature as him. he also enjoys playing around with various patterns and colors, not exactly embracing masculinity when he's wearing a lilac waistcoat.
Face Claim: timothée chalamet.

Description: average in height and quite slender, it's easy for him to get lost in a crowd of men as his stature is not commanding or intimidating. however, when one looks at him closely they can see how handsome the young man is and how easy it is for him to steal the attention of the people around him. piercing green eyes complimented by thick black eyelashes, giving him both a sweet puppy-like look and something close to possessiveness in every essence of the word. thick eyebrows are perched above his eyes, being quite straight which surprisingly allows him to sport his signature relaxed expression. high cheekbones, rose colored lips, and a gentle dusting of freckles, this chiseled young man has a face that one seems to read about in various poems and stories. his hair is an unruly mess of curls when left unattended and often grows much longer than any other suitor in the room. his body is quite lanky and slender, yet as a certain alluring look to it as the clothes hang on his frame in an attractive yet messy way. he is by no means a collected and put together man, but rather one who is only in the season for the sport of seducing men and women without needing to come up with an excuse of his own.

MBTI/Enneagram: the protagonist (enfj). the individualist (4).
Alignment: chaotic neutral.

Fears: being forgotten. doing nothing with his life.
Hobbies: fencing. horseback riding. reading. playing piano. learning languages.

Likes: sex. romance. poetry. beautiful things. sculptures. drinking. exciting balls. fights. flirting. picnics. exploring.

Dislikes: boring people. clingy girls. stuck-up people. rules. staying home. courting. taking strolls. being bored. getting woken up. bad food. expectations.

Questions:
"how do you feel about the gossip that's already circulating?"
"would it be wrong to say that i am quite pleased with the things i hear about me? well honestly, i find london's gossip to be very stimulating and interesting to hear over tea. i mean who doesn't like to learn about the recent sex scandal of a beloved member of high society?"

"are you excited to finally be part of the season?"
"you're forgetting that i've been part of a social season like this in france and other countries. however, i am curious about london's as i feel like there is so much more drama going on behind closed doors."

"is there anyone who has caught your eye?"
"how should i know? these ladies are frankly far too timid for me to make judgements on them. though a few have some interesting rumors surrounding them which i find enjoyable"

"are you pursuing anyone?"
"who is the person you dislike the most this season?"
"do you think you'll be married by the end of the season?"

Extra:
coded by social

Last edited:
Is it still ok to make our characters with their own titles and such or should I choose from the list?

• soc: in the rules it should say that if you'd like to pick someone outside of the roles to pm me your idea and i'll approve it if i think it fits. at least i hope it's there. so feel free to pm me an idea or simply choose a premade role

Last edited by a moderator:
Full Name // Prince Francis of Westphalia, by birth. More recently, he goes by ‘Lord Francis’ as his title technically no longer exists, though he still answers to it.
Nicknames // ----
Age // 26
Birthday // 2.8.1787
Gender // cis man
Sexuality // Bisexual. He’s been attracted to men over the years, but the idea that he might act on such a desire is so foreign to him that he likely didn’t even notice, much less recognize, the attraction
Role // The Former Prince of Westphalia

Face Claim // Anthony Thornburg
Height // 6’2”, or 188 cm
Hair // Long, sleek and black.
Eyes // Brown
Modifications // ---
Scars // A few nicks here and there from the course of life, but nothing remarkable
Distinguishing Features // Francis’s long hair is unusual, even in his home country. His beard and mustache are much more in line with continental styles than those sported in England, but he may yet still change it.

Fears // dying slowly . never seeing his missing family members again . being belittled and mocked . his nightmares
Likes // fine tobacco . a strong storm . his nieces and nephew . the quiet . learning about new scientific research
Dislikes // being in England . the Prussians and the French . people who talk over others . people, at times . English food.
Hobbies // attending lectures & exhibits . nodding while other people talk . horse riding . losing at cards against his sister

(Please note: The actual history of Westphalia has been acknowledged but ignored, like a ‘Terms and Conditions’ clause.)

The eldest child of the Westphalian monarchs, Francis was meant to one day inherit the throne. But tensions between Prussia and France found an outlet in the country, and for the last six years his home hosted skirmishes, battles, and all out war. The common people, already unhappy with their government, became even more resentful of their military’s failure to protect them, which the French and the Prussians were happy to take advantage of, promising that things would be better under their rule. Francis was on the frontlines himself on multiple locations in his role as a military officer, and each time he returned to the capitol after a futile campaign, he saw the city of Kassel crumbling further.

Westphalia tried to surrender to both powers nearly a year ago, but only recently did the two greater countries reach an accord, The land was parceled up according to who had managed to hold it, bureaucrats were installed to oversee the new territories, and the Westphalian monarchy was dissolved. Francis, who had been traveling at the time, was urged by his advisors to flee the country and join his youngest half-siblings in England, where they had traveled to stay with an aunt and uncle before the hostilities escalated.

Though he feels guilty for having done so, it was probably for the best. As far as he knows, his father has still not been able to leave the capitol, ostensibly for ‘his own safety’. His mother the Queen and his brother who is next in line for the throne have both written to him from the custody of the Prussians and the French respectfully, informing him that they have been told they and the rest of the family will be able to join him in England ‘soon’- Until they are no longer useful collateral for keeping himself, his father, and the opposing country in line, he supposes.

Not that his own residency in England is free of political implications either. The British Empire may be powerful enough to offer his family a new home, but he doubts its an act of benevolence. It’s a snub to their continental competitors, and an investment in the future. If the Prussians and French aren’t able to maintain control over the region- The British crown has a puppet king to install, already on hand.

But with the war so fresh in his mind, Francis is having trouble even thinking that far out. For now, he needs to prepare for his family’s (hopeful) eventual arrival- The queen’s sister is an English duchess, and she and her husband are happy to host for the time being, but Francis intends to buy his own estate. Though Westphalia’s treasury suffered greatly over the course of the war, the family’s private fortune was supplemented by ‘goodwill’ buy-offs from their adversaries, and Francis’s family should be able to live quite comfortably in England, provided he can find them a home and manage to make a good impression on London’s upper society.

Francis lacks the bombastic, eloquent personality one might expect in a royal. He tends to be more reserved, and usually keeps his observations to himself unless asked. Those who are not familiar with him might think him terse and even rude, but in reality he simply prefers to listen to what others have to say- If he does have something to say, he will make sure it is heard.

He has been becoming more charismatic recently, though not naturally. He is aware that his new position does not come with his peer’s perception of him as ‘stoic’ rather than ‘stuffy’, so he will force himself to make pleasant conversation when he would otherwise be comfortable with quiet, and might even be decent at it. But he will likely find it exhausting.

Francis is not ‘spoiled’ exactly, but he has been a prince until very recently, and he is a bit entitled and can be careless. He is actually wealthier now than he was as a prince (both in regards to his family fortune and his private finances) and his standard of living in England has improved from Westphalia- The capitol’s infrastructure had not been updated in half a decade, and the difficulty of trade hardly allowed for culinary delicacies. For instance, he’s not the sort to demand the finest, newest pair of boots, or one for every day of the week, but it would never occur to him that he could simply step to the side of a puddle and save the servant staff the trouble of having to clean his footwear

Francis is generally very measured in his actions. He is a proud man, and regards being in the right (or what he perceives to be right) as very important. It is not that he will not apologize or atone if he has acted wrong – in fact, he would see it his duty to do so- but that he would prefer to be put in such a position in the first place. This tendency to contemplate his personal matters has its costs though, as delay often results in inaction. Fortunately, he tends to be much more decisive in professional matters. In his time in the military he was looked to for swift decisions, and he learned the importance of having comprehensive information and reliable people who are willing to report things one may not wish to hear.

Details here are subject to change if needed, but here's the general idea:

Duke Arthur & Duchess Henriette of Somerset // The Duchess is Francis’ maternal aunt, and he and several of his youngest siblings are currently living with them at their London home. Though they have only become a larger part of his life in recent years, he is very grateful to them for sheltering his nieces and nephew and for the help they have offered him in navigating his new surroundings. They have no children of their own. Arthur is in his early 60’s, and Henriette in her mid 50s.

(Former) King & Queen of Westphalia // Francis loves his parents, though being the crown prince meant his relationship with them has always looked different that the ones they have with his siblings- A bit more professional than familial. It became noticeably strained over the past few years, as he began to disagree with their handling of hostilities. Most recently he said some rather harsh things that he doesn’t necessarily regret, as he still feels he was right, but that he prays will not have been the last conversation with them. However, he knows that of all his family members, they are the ones he is least likely to see again. They are both in their 50s.

Siblings // Francis is the second oldest of five surviving children. Their order, names, and approximate ages are: Sophie (29), Francis (26), Wilhem (25), Johanna (20), and Jerome (16). He has probably spent the most time with Wilhem as they are closest in age and shared duties as the eldest princes, but he will admit he has at time found his brother’s more outgoing personality to be very tiring. His sister Johanna has a much more similar temperament to himself and is probably his favorite family member to spend time with, though he insists she must be cheating at cards based on the frequency with which she beats him quite soundly. It has been nearly half a year since he last saw Johanna, and he has not been able to confirm her location.

Nieces and Nephews // Francis’ older sister Sophia married a Westphalian nobleman when she was 20, with whom she had three children: Agnesia and Henri (9), and Charlotte (6). The family of five relocated to England to live with the Duke and Duchess of Somerset ‘temporarily’ more than three years ago, with Sophie and her husband visiting Westphalia often. Sophie’s husband was killed two months ago by Prussian forces when his home territory was overrun. Sophie is currently in Paris, and Francis has been able to secure in writing that she will be released to the England in about a month. He is relieved, but not surprised- Her late husband was French on his mother’s side, she has not seen her children in nearly a year, and if rumors are to be believed, she is currently four months pregnant. It’s not good publicity for the French to be holding her against her will.

Reputation //
Francis is very new to English society, and quite a novelty- The intrigue and glamor of a royal, but without the power of one. Admittedly, he is still wealthier than most and so has power in that regard, but accidentally – or intentionally- offending him isn’t going to create international tensions. He has largely been avoiding socializing without it seeming rude because he was staying with his aunt and uncle at their faraway country estate, so most were excited to learn the Duke and Duchess of Somerset would be spending the season in London, and bringing their royal nieces and nephews with them. Now he will have to mingle with society- and his aunt has already indicated he will be joining them at several functions- and will have a chance to either make a favorable impression…. Or kneecap his family’s future in the country before it even begins.

Rumors or Scandals //
Though Francis is certainly old enough to be married, he has a rather lackluster romantic history- Likely because his country was trapped in a war during the years he might have been courting. There were a suggestions that he might wed a noblewoman or even princess from either France or Prussia at several junctions, but nothing formal – or even informal, really- ever came of it, and the most Francis learned of his possible brides was their names and in one instance, a portrait.

But Francis’ history has followed him off the continent, romantic or not. Some believe he made foolish decisions in battle that jeopardized his country. Some believe he was a strong military tactician who preserved far longer than anticipated, eventually brought down by overwhelming odds and events outside his control. Some think he is a tragic figure making the noble choice to pick up the pieces and start over. Some think he is a coward, for having left when others could not. Those who have formed opinions of him seem split into two camps- He is either to be pitied, or mocked. Francis is not comfortable with either.

Other //
Francis grew up speaking both French and German, and learned English as a child. He is also familiar enough with Hungarian, Italian and Spanish to recognize them being used and manage some formal greetings and conversation, but is not fluent.

Questions //

How do you feel about the gossip that's already circulating?
"… Is there much gossip? I suppose I have not heard it."

Are you excited to finally be part of the season?
"I am sure it will be a... novel experience."

Is there anyone who has caught your eye?
"‘Caught my eye’? Ah- A figure of speech. No."

Are you pursuing anyone?
"...No."

Who is the person you dislike the most this season?
"I will admit I am not likely to be fond of people who ask repeated, personal questions. If I should I happen to meet any."

Do you think you'll be married by the end of the season?
"I have no plans in that regard. I apologize if you had further questions, but I must go going."

Note: I had several different pretty codes in mind and was going to incorporate the horse and lion of the Westphalia crest and everything.... And I can't get any of them to work. I am hoping to jazz this up sometime soon, but no promises.

wip: the oldest son of the viscount talbot
(will complete asap! probably by tomorrow latest)
fc: sam claflin

Full Name // Miss Vienna Fremont
Nicknames // -
Age // 21
Birthday // May 27th
Gender // cis woman
Sexuality // bisexual
Role // the 'new money' girl

Face Claim // TBD, physical descriptions to follow!

Fears // the death of her younger brother . insects . losing her lifestyle . horses she doesn't know
Likes // sugared plums . dancing . going to musical events such as operas and concerts . clothes and fashion trends
Dislikes // her cousin . chocolate nonpareils . people who attempt to belittle her . having to listen to people sing who really shouldn't be singing
Hobbies // music, specifically singing and playing the pianoforte . discussing business with her father . Meeting with her dressmaker to design new dresses . Card and board games, especially ones with some amount of strategy instead of pure luck

Michael Fremont is the owner of the international shipping empire “Fremont & Sons”, a business started by his grandfather, expanded by his father, and perfected by himself. Only, he has a slight problem- He has no son to pass it onto.

His oldest son passed recently passed away, and his younger son- Well. Even with a fortune like the Fremont’s, all the doctors can do is to make him comfortable. No one expects him to live long enough to inherit anything.

His only other male descendant is his sister’s boy- A careless, insolent libertine who has never shown interest in hard work, or even anything beyond satisfying his own vulgar whims.

Vienna has worked hard over the years, to corral her cousin and limit the damage he might do their family. She’s not about to let him take the role that was her late brother’s, and ruin a lifetime of her father’s work.

She intends to marry, and not just any man- A man who is well connected, has a mind for business, and would be a natural successor to her father. A man with something the Fremont family can’t buy- A title. If she marries into the peerage, no one would think twice that her new husband became her father’s heir. It would practically be the foregone conclusion. And her cousin can stay forgotten.

Though the Fremonts aren’t titled, Vienna is accustomed to mingling with those who are. This is actually her second season here in London, and of course she has attended many soirees and dinners across the British Isles, and on the continent as well. In the past, she was content to enjoy herself and observe the goings-on, preferring that the right man find her, instead of the other way around. Now, however, she has a goal- And what Vienna wants, Vienna gets.

Personality // More information to come!

Family // More information to come!

Reputation //
Among the titled nobility, Vienna is mostly known for being an excellent dancer, knowing the latest fashion trends, and of course, being a Fremont. Though her ‘new money’ status might be looked down on by some, the fact remains that even just her monthly allowance from her father exceeds the monthly income of some of the ‘old money’ families- A fact they might begrudge, but is hardly her fault.

Rumors or Scandals //
Don’t be absurd, people only have positive things to say about Vienna- Why, what have you heard?

Questions //

How do you feel about the gossip that's already circulating?
"I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised to hear there’s already gossip- But I suppose so long as people are inclined to behave inappropriately, others will be inclined to discuss it."

Are you excited to finally be part of the season?
"I attended London’s season last year, and enjoyed it immensely. I am looking forward to it- It is always so nice to see old acquaintances, and meet new ones!"

Is there anyone who has caught your eye?
"No, not yet."

Are you pursuing anyone?
"There is a bold new modiste who I am hoping to make an appointment with- Oh, romantically? Not currently, no."

Who is the person you dislike the most this season?
"My father- Though don’t tell him I said so! It’s only that he is a terribly busy man, especially when we are here in London, and so sometimes we are not able to attend all the functions that I wish to go to! But he has mentioned that he might find another suitable chaperone for some of the events, in which case I will forgive him the slight immediately."

Do you think you'll be married by the end of the season?
"Oh! I suppose we shall have to see, won’t we? I’m in no hurry to marry just any man- But if the right one comes along…. Well."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back