• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic StarRunner (OOC Thread)

@Demonsoul

I am not sure whether or not to approve your character. I had already told some others here that they had to use humanoid FRAMEs. I am willing to consider it, especially if you can make a good case.

And if anyone else has thoughts about it, feel free to chime in. But be respectful.

@The Mythic Dragon

I just realised how small a 300mm cannon is for a mech of the size that they are. Is it okay if I make it bigger?

Daimao said:
@The Mythic Dragon
I just realised how small a 300mm cannon is for a mech of the size that they are. Is it okay if I make it bigger?
Sure. I suppose I want to ask, though... Is the cannon AP, and the railguns more explosive?

.......well then um...No plan? ok :/ Im cool

Anyway Gona post soonish

@The Mythic Dragon

Non humanoid FRAMEs adds a sense of surprise to enemies (Who are already used to fighting humanoid FRAMEs). Also, the main reason there wouldn't be any Non humanoid FRAMEs would because human mind isn't built to handle separate limbs. This would require 2 things to fill in for either A= a SOUL that is designed for it, B= a modified brain, or C= both. I'm going the both route.

[QUOTE="The Mythic Dragon]Sure. I suppose I want to ask, though... Is the cannon AP, and the railguns more explosive?

[/QUOTE]
The cannon can switch ammo types between AP and HE, just like a tank. The gauss guns are purely AP, but the shells impact with incredible amounts of kinetic energy, due to their rediculous velocity.

Regarding whether or not to accept @Demonsoul's character, It may not be humanoid, but so long as it has a derivation of the human structure, it should be okay. The general idea is to make it so that the pilot can move the FRAME with his or her own body. For example a bird does not have arms or fingers. It does have the same bones, just proportioned differently. It has a humerus, ulna, radius, trochlea, lunate, scaphoid, carpals, metacarpals, proximal phalanges, intermediate phalanges, and distal phalanges. Again, they are just proportioned differently. So long as the appendages properly correlate and function similarly, then it should work. (A squid would be an example of a shape that would not logically work). My FRAME, for example, has wings with, little arms on the ends. (That being said, my character is a bird and the wings technically replace the humerus area, instead of the entire arm.)

That is my argument. I don't know precisely what his FRAME is (Because I haven't read it yet.), but so long as it meets those criteria, it should be fine, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of agree with Calamari, but the FRAME in question is a scorpion, so I don't think it'll work.

Oh. Multiple arms and legs? I could argue how that would work, too, by using an ant as an example, but I feel as though it would be crossing a boundary. I can argue for it all day, but there is a point where I just have to look at the set rules and stop. EDIT: I just looked at a scorpion walk cycle, and it is not synchronic like a human's or an ant's. It cannot work.

Daimao said:
The cannon can switch ammo types between AP and HE, just like a tank. The gauss guns are purely AP, but the shells impact with incredible amounts of kinetic energy, due to their rediculous velocity.
Thanks for the clarification. ^_^

@CalamariHero @Aggiewon @Demonsoul

I am accepting @Demonsoul character based on Backstory. I will see how this goes, and if it does not go well, I will implement some changes. @Demonsoul feel free to explain what we talked about, if you wish.

Well it's 5 in the morning. I should probably get at least an hour of sleep. Toodles.

So... @Demonsoul and @CalamariHero got me to thinking. Could we have non humanoid or slightly humanoid FRAMEs if they at controlled by more than one Rider? You know, like the three armed Jeager in Pacific Rim. (He was my favorite by the way)

Well, I was thinking that since @Demonsoul's is being both piloted by her and controlled by her SOUL, then maybe (A partial, but unspoken, justification of my advocacy for accepting her character.) It really depends on the lore of his universe.

Could a communications room be added to the ship. I was thinking of a room were the chars could communicate with family, friends and old comrades. This can probably be done with their dataslates, but I think I could be used to get characters to know each other better if they were to meet each other in there.

Aggiewon said:
Could a communications room be added to the ship. I was thinking of a room were the chars could communicate with family, friends and old comrades. This can probably be done with their dataslates, but I think I could be used to get characters to know each other better if they were to meet each other in there.
Oh... I actually really like that idea.

Would It hurt to add another post? I won't destroy anymore enemies, I'm assuming @The Mythic Dragon is going to distribute damage before continuing the battle.

Aggiewon said:
Would It hurt to add another post? I won't destroy anymore enemies, I'm assuming @The Mythic Dragon is going to distribute damage before continuing the battle.
I need to post the next phase of the battle, if you could wait until then?

Yep, just finding my limits here.

Btw, I'm going camping for the next few days. I hate to go afk so soon after starting, but could someone bot me? I'll be able to post for the rest of today and I should be back Sunday evening.

Oh, and I suppose I should have been clearer, but the Broadside is a destroyer-class vessel, not FRAME. Don't worry, you can still damage it... I just should have told you.

It is basically a vessel that is outfitted with powerful broadside cannons, hence the name

Users who are viewing this thread

Back