• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

{StarrieSky & KneelingAngel} Lost in Space

KneelingAngel

Warrior of the Mighty One.
A team of astronauts left for a space experiment mission, when after a week NASA lost sight and all contact with the space shuttle, Endeavour. Our parents were some of the astronauts on that mission. Now we, being grown up around NASA and their technology, go into space to look for our parents.. (Secretly, of course)…

@StarrieSky

Rony watched the sky and sighed his parents had left for a mission for a week now and no one from the space station had told him how they were doing or how anything went. He wasn't even allowed to go in, which he thought was weird. He had been allowed to go in there since he was born, why did they change their mind all of the sudden? Weird. Rony thought and went to look for the only other person that was his age. Spotting the red head he waved and smile. "Hey Sophie." He said and shot her one of his charming smiles.

Sophie turned as she heard a voice calling her name. She smiled as he saw who it was; he was the son of her parents' partners on the mission. She walked over to him, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear as she did. Her red hair had been tied into a messy ponytail. "Hey Rony." She smiled as she reached him. "What are you doing here?"

Rony raised a brow. "Same thing as always." He said and shrugged before looking at the sky again. "Have you been in the control tower today?" He asked suspiciously. He had a feeling that something was going on, but there was no way he could find out now. He would have to wait 'till everybody was gone. "Anybody from control told you anything about the mission or team yet?" Rony looked over Sofie's shoulder and saw that NASA was preparing a rocket for launch. They were going to send another satellite up soon, just like the plan he hard heard of. It was strange, he had heard everything about every other mission, except for the mission his parents were on. Control always informed him.

Sophie frowned, shaking her head. "No, they won't allow me inside. And they haven't told me anything either... I was actually hoping you'd know something." Sophie was scared. This total silence was unnerving. They were always told about missions their parents had been on before, it had never been silent like this. It was also strange how they weren't allowed inside anymore. She was scared something had happened, that that was the reason for the silence. Sophie sighed, her hand brushing her hair over her shoulder. "I'm guessing you don't know anything either though, judging by your questions." She looked at him, worry in her eyes. "What's going on Rony?"

Rony clicked his tongue in annoyance when Sofie told him that she didn't know anything either. "Let's go find out." He growled softly and grabbed her wrist, pulling her behind him as he headed towards the tower. He wanted answers and he wanted them NOW, darn it! Walking up towards the control tower, climbing the stairs, being to lazy to take the elevator, Rony pounded and hammered his fist against the door of the control room. "Hey, someone open this damn door!" He demanded. "Jones!" He shouted, wanting to get the mission commander's attention. "Open this door or I'll break it down!"

Rony would do it, people who worked there knew that he was crazy enough to do it, and it wasn't like they could send him of the premisses, he lived here!

Sophie stumbled as Rony started dragging her along, surprised. She allowed him to pull her to the tower and up the stairs. When he started pounding at the door, she gently extracted her wrist from his hand. She chuckled at his threat, knowing he was crazy enough to do it. He had done it before after all when someone wouldn't open the door, years ago. She crossed her arms in front of her chest as Jones ripped open the door, glaring at Rony. "Rony, you're not allowed in here!" Sophie grinned at that. Rony was going to tear him a new one.

"To hell with that! What the fuck is going on?!" Rony demanded, forcing his foot between the door when Jones was about to close it again. Rony pushed it open and stepped inside the control room. He was about to lash out at Jones until he saw the giant screen they would always show the missions on.

It was empty.

Blank.

Rony was quiet. He looked from the screen to Jones and back to the screen again before he looked at Sofie over his shoulder. "W-where is the mission?" He asked in confusion and pointed at the screen. Rage suddenly show through him and he grabbed Jones by the collar, easily towering and forcing the man against the wall, being 6'0. "Where the hell is the mission?!"

Sophie gasped in shock, her hand shooting up and covering her mouth. Her eyes were wide, unbelieving. She walked into the room as Rony attacked Jones, eyes glued to the screen. Still black. Her hand fell down to rest at her side, as she turned around to look at Jones. Her eyes were blazing, fury taking over. "What are you hiding from us?" Unlike Rony she did not scream. Her voice was soft, cold, filled with rage. She appeared calm, though her eyes betrayed her anger. They messed with her parents. They kept her from the truth. She was pissed now.

Jones held up his hands. "Alright, alright." He said and pried Rony's hands from his suit jacket. "Calm down, alright?"

Rony let go of the man with a growl, but didn't move away enough for the man to walk away from them.

Jones sighed, he looked at the kids and rubbed his face. He didn't want to tell them this, knowing that the kids would defiantly do something stupid. "We lost communication with the Endeavour." Before Jones could even blink, Rony had him up against the wall again. "There was flying space debris around. We don't know if they were hit or if they're just out of range. Calm down Rony."

"Calm down?!" Rony snapped. "You lost communication with the Endeavour and you didn't tell us?! I should kill you!"

Sophie walked over to them, laying a hand on Rony's arm to calm him down. She turned to face Jones. "When did you lose communication? Have you taken actions yet to find them?" The fear of losing her parents had calmed Sophie's rage. She was desperate to find out if her parents were alive, and she'd do anything to find out. She'd even go behind their backs if they wouldn't do anything.

Rony looked at Sophie with murderous eyes, but when he saw her face he calmed down a bit and let go of Jones.

Jones straightened his jacket AGAIN and turned to Sophie, at least one of them had some manners. "We lost communication yesterday around 9 pm, and no, there has not been taken any action on saving them. There is not transportation that is safe enough. We don't want more people dead. We can't reach them, I'm sorry." He said and placed a hand on Rony's arm and Sophie's head, like when they were younger and walked back to his station.

Sophie turned around without another words and left the room. She walked down the stairs and outside, stopping a few meters from the tower. She knew Rony would follow her. Sophie turned her eyes up to the sky. Somewhere out there were her parents. Were they scared? Were they hurt? Were they even alive? Without turning around, Sophie spoke. "I won't just sit here while they do nothing." She turned around, facing Rony. "We have to do something. We're the only ones that will." Her eyes were determined, back straight as she gazed at Rony, waiting for his answer.

Rony was frozen, he didn't quite understand what Jones was saying. Well, he understood, it just didn't reach him quite yet, though somehow he managed to follow Sophie out. He looked at her when she addressed him. "What can we do?" Rony asked a bit harsher then he intended and shrugged his shoulders. "Have you ever been in space? Do you know how to fly a space shuttle? Do you know where to get one?" He growled, he wanted to punch something so hard that he would break his hand. "Sure, we've been to space camp our whole lives, we've been in those flying simulations, but we're no astronauts! The only thing that is going in the air is the satellite!" He snapped and pointed at the rocket behind him. "There's nothing that we can do, and even if we ask or whatever, zero chance that they let us do anything."

Sophie turned around fully, her face angry. "So what do you propose? That we just sit on our ass like weak little babies and do nothing?! I won't just abandon them." Tears filled her eyes. "I can't lose them." She rubbed her hand over her eyes to prevent the tears from spilling. She turned around. "If you won't help me, I'll do it myself. I never expected you to back down though." She glanced over her shoulder. "I thought you were better than that." She started walking. She had said those last words on purpose, to try and get Rony to join her. She was scared to go alone, and she knew he would regret it if he didn't go. Truth was, she had no clue what to do. Rony was right; how on earth would she be able to accomplish this? This was also why she needed Rony; together they would be able to figure it out.

Rony sighed and rubbed his face. He couldn't take it when Sophie cried, but worst of all was when she challenged him. Growling, he pulled her back and stopped her. "My room, tonight. We think of a plan." Rony said and let go of Sophie's wrist. He looked at the satellite rocket and got an extremely stupid and extremely impossible idea. "We go with the Galileo satellite." He said and pointed. It was insane, but it was the only stupid thing he could come up with. "There's a plan, happy now?"

(Going to bed, I'll reply again in the morning if you still want to write.. :3)

Sophie smiled, nodding. "Alright. I never would have thought of that." She winked. "Good thing you're coming." She grew a bit more serious. "So we'll regroup later tonight. For now I've got some stuff to take care of, so I'm leaving for now. See you later tonight." She smiled, gave Rony a small wave and then walked away.

Rony watched Sophie go and waved her off. He sighed and looked at the sky, what the hell had gone wrong. Rubbing his blue eyes he headed towards the rocket, he was training to become a pilot and he didn't fail the simulator as much as he did from the very start, but to fly an actual rocket when he still had 20 years left of training? That was ridiculous. "Hey Mac." He greeted the engineer. "How's the rocket holding up?"

Mac looked up and smiled at the young man. "You know NASA, always want to create something new." He said as he wiped his hands.

"New?" Rony asked. "I thought they were going to launch a Galileo satellite with this thing."

"No." Mac laughed. "That mission is replaced for next year, it's too dangerous to send another satellite with all that space debris. This is a cargo launch for the ISS. We shoot it up, control it from the control room and attach it to the ISS for the next Russian mission launch."

A light pulp went on in Rony's crazy mind. "And when is this cargo launched?"

"Tomorrow evening, just like the original Galileo launch." Mac said and noticed the smile on the boy's face. "What are you up to?" He asked with a slight warning. the boy had been nothing but trouble since he was small.

"Nothing." Rony smirked, he had a plan for tonight.

Later that night, Sophie walked to Rony's room. She had been thinking all day about how they were going to find their parents, what they needed, things like that. She had already prepared some things earlier that day, like medical supplies incase their parents were hurt. They needed to be prepared for anything, after all. They also needed to prepare themselves for the posibility that their parents were dead. Sophie refused to believe it, but she knew it could have happened. As Sophie reached Rony's room, she knocked on the door and waited for him to let her in.

Rony heard a knock on the door and quickly opened it to let Sophie in. "Sit down." He said and shut the door. "Okay, I have a plan, but it's really stupid and chances are that we are going to die or we survive and they send us away and we can kiss our future astronaut careers goodbye. Right, so the Galileo launch is moved to next year. They decided to send a cargo rocket instead to the ISS. If were stupid and crazy enough we can sneak in… I hope you have an idea because this is the stupidest thing we've ever done."

Sophie quickly walked inside and sat down. She listened as Rony talked, chuckling softly at his babbling in the beginning, then growing serious as he talked about the plan. "That's great news, a cargo rocket is much easier to steal than a satelite." She thought for a bit. "We need to create a distraction near the rocket, distract the guards and leave it unguarded so we can enter. We could activate the fire alarm, it'll be chaos then and everyone will have to leave, the rocket will be unguarded. In the chaos no one will notice if we're there or not, and we can safely enter the rocket." She shrugged. "It's the best I could come up with."

Rony shot Sophie a Are you stupid-look. "If we set of the fire alarm the launch will be delayed." He deadpanned. "I was thinking that we hide in one of the packages as until lift off, quickly climb into our suits and strap up before lift off. They'll probably have cameras in there since control room steers the damn thing, but if we wait till the count off and then get out, dressed and strapped up then they can't cancel the launch, they can't get us out and we will be out in space before they kill us." He said and ran a hand through his blond hair. He gave Sophie a look and a small smile. The girl might not have noticed, but he secretly had a crush on his childhood friend. The last thing he wanted was to harm her or cause her grief. "The only thing we need are the overalls and helmets.If they bring us to the ISS as they say then we can find the rest in there."

Sophie grinnned sheepisly at Rony's dismissal of her plan. She hadn't even thought of that. Another reason she was glad Rony came along, he was smarter than her. She grew more serious as Rony explained the plan, then smirked as he named the things they needed. "Already taken care of. Greg owed me a favor, he got me our suits and helmets. He promised to keep quiet." She winked. "I may not be helpful in planning, but I can get everything we need."

"Good." Rony smiled, though not to thrilled about another person knowing about their idea. "See if he can find those 1970's suits, they're lighter and easier to move in. They should still be able to hold the pressure, now we just need to find a way to strap ourselves in… I suggest duck tape." He took a seat next to Sophie on the bed and leaned back against the wall. "The rocket launches tomorrow at 6 pm, which means that they're going to load the cargo at 3. We need to be in that cargo at 2, just before they start checking so we need to hold still for 4 hours. We can't let Jones or anybody else catch us or we're done for."

Sophie smiled, leaning back as well. She pu her left foot on the bed, leaning her arm on her raised knee. "Already taken care of. I asked Greg for the 70's suits, they're ready for us." She grew more serious. "If we get caught, it'll be the end for our parents. We can't make a sound." She turned to Rony, a smile back on her face. "We'll make it. I'm sure of it. And don't worry about Greg, I warned him about the dangers if he told on us." Sophie knew Rony didn't like it that Greg knew, and she had hesitated as well before asking him for the suits. But she had made it clear to Greg what would happen if he told on them, and Sophie could get really creative. He knew better than to betray them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back